[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Historic Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: j)chauvetbearskl.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
j)chauvetbearskl.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
Let's talk about the most ancient religious practices and beliefs of humankind. I recently watched Cave of Forgotten Dreams (which I highly recommend), a documentary about the Chauvet cave paintings. In one of the innermost chambers of the cave there's a bear skull positioned on the top of a rock/altar. Pic related.

Obviously we can never know for sure what humans 20,000+ years our senior really believed and why. But what are your guesses and theories? Any more information about pre-historic religious practices would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18643825

Nag Hammad
>>
>>18643825
20,000+ years.. heck even 10,000+ years ago there werent religions at all, their understanding of the universe was far more advanced than ours.
There were no religious practices, there was True Science. Not the shitty limited science that we have today.
>>
I'm sure that they all probably had some idea of a sun and moon God, and probably thought other natural phenomena was caused by gods, such as rain and Thunder
If you look at early Sumerian religion, it's probably developed off of whatever the cave people used to believe
>>
File: Quadrapeds Birds Snakes Lineart.jpg (24KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
Quadrapeds Birds Snakes Lineart.jpg
24KB, 318x320px
>>18643825
+1 for Animism.
Everything has a spirit.
Ancestors and the dead are revered.
Spirits interract with our world frequently.
The Dreamtime/The Dreaming IS a thing.
Shamanism and Vision Questing
Patterns in the seasons and weather can be manipulated through the acts of man.
The feminine is mysterious and highly regarded.

I love that movie.
The vision painter with the crooked finger, and the archaeologist that had his dreams invaded by the lions from the paintings until he stopped visiting the cave are some of my favorite things ever.

Paleo beliefs are more true to the nature of the human soul and our relationship to the universe than anything Ive read that was written in the past 300+ years

>Keep it simple, Stupid.
>>
>>18643843
Retard
>>18643858
Retard
>>
Man, God, and Magic by Ivar Lissner is a good Paleo religion book. The research was done in the Siberian taiga.
>>
>>18643885
Excellent argument
>>
>>18643825
>>>/his/
>>
>>18643825
>But what are your guesses and theories?

be me
Gur has spirit plant
me and Gur and two Murs go to hangout
get high
Gur finds bear skull
puts skull on rock
Murs scream
Dad comes and smashes Gur's brains against wall
Murs leave
Dad drags me home by balls
Me hate bears
>>
File: 51uQ9u7ru8L[1].jpg (57KB, 407x500px) Image search: [Google]
51uQ9u7ru8L[1].jpg
57KB, 407x500px
They were about like horny 3 year old children with no supervision and the bodies of chimpanzees. So you can easily see it was probably a blast 99% of the time then 1% anguish and horror so overall not bad.
>>
>>18644049
y does /x/ only read stupid nazi shit and never actual research?

y are you a nazi faggot?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.