[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well did you fare in school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: index~01.jpg (15KB, 217x213px) Image search: [Google]
index~01.jpg
15KB, 217x213px
So /x, let's be honest... most promote materialistic methodical analytical methods rather than encouraging any kind of intuition/creativity/imagination.

Was it easy or hard for you to go (or still going) through it knowing, doing and understanding things everyone else around you didn't?
>>
That picture is actually a misnomer - turns out, your hemispheres participate in both logical and creative processes.
>>
I didn't learn how punctuation worked until I was 14, because no one ever explained to me why I needed it, so I didn't care.
I remember asking a teacher what it was for, and she told me it was so you "knew when to breath". That seemed silly to me, because you can breath whenever you want, so I vowed never to learn.
I think that sums up my time at school.
>>
everything before college was a breeze desu

undergrad isn't bad either depending on where you go and if you have a decent study group

also, i don't think it's beneficial to view creativity/imagination and raw analytical brainpower as opposites. real progress is made when you use them to supplement one another
>>
>>18641982
Kinda sad how logic and science are always portrayed as these boring lifeless wastes of brainpower as your picture sort of makes it seem. It's actually pretty fuckin rad sometimes. And creativity is good and all but honestly I can't help but feel like some of these sorts of pictures or thought processes are an attempt by the more worthless of the starving artist types to make themselves look better than the shitty leeches with nothing real to offer mankind, that they largely can be.
>>
>>18641982
My parents were awesome, so I could read, write and do basic math since I was 4 years old. I spent first 5 years of school reading books under my desk, because they weren't teaching me anything new and I was bored. I was accepted to 8 year high school program after that, it was relatively easy and a bit boring. I'm currently studying computer science and mathematics and things are finally getting a bit more interesting.

Most people won't tell you that doing high level mathematics is also a creative process. And this also projects on other sciences, because most of them are related to mathematics. Sure, if you are an accountant, it will propably be a boring, repetitive job. But have you ever tried formulating a mathematical proof? Ever heard of, for example, cantor's paradox? Let me tell you that if you really wan't to push your field forward, create something new or disprove and revolutionize something old, methodical and analytical approach won't help you very much. We have computers for that.

But to utilise that creativity, you have to possess a functional brain and you need to be well versed in your field of expertise. You can't create something worthwhile out of nothing.
>>
>creativity is good and all but honestly
Yeah, that's true indeed, I'm an artist myself and also consider many art forms nowadays as nothing more than mental masturbations (up there along with justin bieber).

Sorry for not having been specific... I didn't mean creativity in an artistic context such as painting or photography or entertainment showmanship, but rather in a paranormal context...

You know... remote viewing, astral projection, psychokinesis... the kind of stuff where you actually need to listen to your inner calling rather than rationalize in logical blocks at a conscious level in order to achieve faster results.

>logic and science are always portrayed as these boring lifeless wastes of brainpower
Coming from an academic background myself I know very well what you mean...

but, for example, I learned how to solve differential equations of the fourth degree in college and I never used them ever again for the rest of my life...

while on the other hand, for instance, after retiring I learned remote influencing and a few months ago during new year my house got robbed and two days later the unfortunate thief's thoughts and emotions had been successfully manipulated to return the most important valuables back to my property.

There are exceptions of course, but you know, for the average joe, the value of something is directly proportional to how much daily use they can give to it.
>>
>>18641982
School was easy peasy. It's really easy to 'game' the system. You just have to get good at taking tests, because that's where the points come from. You don't have to "study," pay attention in class, or work hard on anything

I'm sure everyone knew a few kids who were the arrogant smart kids who would never do homework or pay attention but would still wind up with very good grades. These kids weren't actually smart, they were probably the stupidest kids, they were just the most efficient. The reason why they were stupid is because they didn't benefit from what school was supposed to teach (to be diligent, dedicated, good at concentrating, sociable, disciplined, etc.) they just figured out all they had to do was get good test grades, which is very easy, and teaches you nothing.
>>
>>18641982
I always did pretty good in school until my mother became a drunkard and started some domestic abuse shit that's really kind of fucked me up. That started like my freshman year of high school and continued until my freshman year of college. Now that I've been living on my own with my wife its gotten better and I'm seeing good grades in my college courses for the first time since high school. I can dissociate pretty good though so that's kind of neat when that happens.
>>
>>18641982
I usually did nothing but went all in the day before each test like i would become enthralled it must be done it will be done sort of thing. I could memorize entire books in a couple of hours albeit the school i went had shitty books.

I never saw the point of going to school, except for things like English or art, subjects that require interaction with peers, if all they are going to teach is in some book which im supposed really hard the day before each test. Why go to class if all i being ask is to know what a book says
>>
>>18642142
This
School really doesn't teach you much other than learning how to take tests, even at graduate levels this is a huge problem
>>
I put forth minimal effort and always made B's or C's. If I actually worked at it I made all A's.

School was easy. College has been easiest (online classes and lectures full of "BUT CURVE MY GRAAAADE" fuckers.)

I don't know. It was easy to get through the work. But hard to make myself do the things they wanted me to do. Showing 'my work' and all the arbitrary bullshit is the worst part.
>>
Just fine, and better in college after I finally started trying to apply myself. I'm a biology and chemistry double major and an undergraduate researcher, but I've always been fascinated by stuff science hasn't yet learned to explain, and reading amateur spooky stories is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. I know there are other people on /x/ who are in the same boat.
>>
>>18641982
I did fine in school until depression and OCD completely crippled me. It was also hard to stay motivated for college when I had absolutely no idea why I was even going there.
>>
>>18642060
Okay Sheldon.
>>
>>18641982
I'm glad schools still encourage scientific/logic based ideas because I am shithouse at mathematics and we need people in the world who can understand it. I got mostly As and Bs in high school for the first few years but as soon as I got more into artistic pursuits my grades started slipping to Bs and Cs. It's important that there are people learning things that will help the world run. I'll be the broke artist in the corner
>>
>>18642034
No one taught me how to write essays until I got into college. Throughout my final year of high school I was bombarded with essay-based exams and not one teacher stopped and said "hey, have you learned this?" School is failing kids big time
>>
>>18642060
Just because I can't understand logic and science, doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. The people who study this stuff are inspiring, but I have no comprehension of any of it
>>
>>18644723
Maybe you're just retarded
>>
>>18642103
I didn't understand that, but I admire your passion for it
>>
>>18642143
My dad's alcoholic outbursts were always timed to the night before any big exams. I'm so sorry you went through that shit too, man. You didn't deserve any of it, remember that. I'm so glad to hear you found happiness ayy
>>
>>18644735
According to my family tree I'm inbred so that could be true haha
>>
>>18642060
>shitty leeches with nothing real to offer mankind
Attitudes like this are part of why some people don't like science types.
>>
>>18642022
No shit you fuck, but they also do have specialized functions which are biased towards logic/rationality in the left brain and creativity/intuition in the right brain. The right brain has absolutely no ability to produce language.
>>
>>18642103
Wow aren't you a gifted piece of shit wow you are so cooool
>>
>>18641982
the left brain/right brain hypothesis was debunked a long time ago

learn2science

>>18642103
what are you doing right now with your life?
also what the hell is a 8 year highschool program? i went to highschool for 4 years
>>
poor in English
Shitty in math
Great in history and geography
Advanced in biology and anatomy
Decent in physics and chemistry
Exceptional at art, humanities, and engineering (CAD class)

Can't have it all I guess
>>
I'm like Einstein didn't do well in school, didn't believe in school but now I'm a smart motherfucker
>>
School is easy but it's fucking boring.
>>
>>18645353
I'm still in college, but I guess I'm doing well and things are moving forward. In my country, there are multiple types of high schools. The only translation of the term that describes the one I attended is "grammar school". I don't know if it fits the definition but a limited amount of students are admitted on the basis of their ability. There is a standart 4 years program and the 8 years program.

If you get accepted to the 8 years program, it means you cut your elementary school studies short by 4 years and instead attend "high school" for 8 years. You will study at an accelerated pace and learn a bit more than you normally would. It's supposed to cover a larger number of subjects and prepare you for college. But it's not that big of a deal. Just a foreign education system.
>>
>>18642034
Kek, that`s pretty autistic, famalam.
>>
>>18645313
Check out this sperg lord!
>>
>>18645353
The two hemispheres have drastically different functions.

Indeed creativity and rationality use both, but they do have distinctive functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs9WO2B8uI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql3Jp3ydfE8

>with drawings
>>
I had a photographic memory which was mistaken for being smart in a small Texas town in the 70's & 80's. I learned I could manipulate my teachers fairly easily by watching PBS programs like NOVA or Frontline. It was easy to discriminate what people watched on tv by what they knew. I could tell my teachers stopped learning the day they graduated from college. They watched football and read the local paper, watched the evening news and Murder She Wrote. Being knowledgeable about current world events or new scientific revelations was impressive to them. I was able to teach my teachers and they all loved me. Skipped 2nd grade. Went to a private Christian school my sophomore year and graduated a year early.

I turned down a math scholarship to party. Dropped out of Computer Science scholarship. Finished Junior College with liberal Arts degree. Dropped out of Nursing school. Dropped out of Architec school. Years later dropped out of online Engineer course.

Passed Google webmaster, Adwords, Analytics and approved as a verified news source for my blog by Google over the past 4 years. Never used any of them except for hobbies.

Certified Minister, ASCAP member, HAZMAT, Terroristic Response Liaison, Structural and Wildland Fire Fighter. Learned enough html to steal what I want from other sites to create my own.

Wants to open private schools in America that teach BASED education. Biology,Astronomy,Science,Evolution & Data(computer science) an alternative to private christian schools.

Needs /x's help to accomplish. Also, I was abducted when I was 5 so I know things. Critical thinking matters for one.
>>
>>18646367
You have my sword.
>>
>>18646375
Thank You!
>>
>>18641982
Thank you, anon. I mentioned an empty concept without any kind of explanation. I only wanted to point out that mathematics are lot more creative than it seems. I could give you, and anyone who is interested an example. High school mathematics should be more than enough to understand it.

In ancient Greece, mathematics were centered around the fact that all numbers could be constructed as the ratio of 2 numbers. In other words, they didn't know of the existence of irrational numbers. According to a legend, Hippasus managed to prove all of them wrong by proving that sqrt(2) is, beyond a doubt, irrational and doesn't fit that narrative. But how could he possibly hope to do it with methodical and analytical approach? He would have to learn every single digit of sqrt(2). And since we already know that it indeed is irrational, he would have to learn infinite amount of digits to prove it. That isn't possible for a human or even for a computer. His method went as follows:

>Let us assume that sqrt(2) is rational. That means there are two relatively prime integers "a" and "b", a/b = sqrt(2)
>If a/b = sqrt(2), that means (a^2)/(b^2) = 2 (we squared the whole formula)
>That means that a^2 = 2*(b^2), thus a^2 is even (divisible by two). Now we know that "a" is also even. Why? Because the result of even number*even number is always even and the result of odd*odd is always odd. Since a*a is even, it has to mean "a" is also even.
>If "a" is divisable by 2, it means that a^2 is divisable by 4 (a^2 = 4*m, m is some integer)
>If we apply it to our previous formula, we get 4*m = 2*(b^2).
>Let's divide it by two. Now we have 2*m = b^2. That means b^2 is even and thus "b" is also even.
>Now we are sure that both "a" and "b" are even, both are divisable by 2 and thus they are NOT relatively prime.
>But since we assumed they were relatively prime in the beginning, we have reached dispute. Our claim was false, and this means sqrt(2) has to be irrational.
>>
>>18646378
>>18646367

Please describe your probing story, thanks.
>>
>>18644737
Oh damn, wanted to reply to this guy (>>18644737). I'm also not well versed in english terminology, so feel free to point out any possible mistakes.

Another interesting thing is, that Hippasus was allegedly murdered as soon as he presented his proof to the colleagues.
>>
>>18641982
I was the perfect kid in school. Class president, played sports, went to all the parties, almost straight As all the time... Then I went to the uni and shit got depressing for me, so I just got by, didn't even talk to people much. The profesors liked me, though, since I'm both an analitical an creative genious, something that's needed in marketing.
How this relates to /x/, you ask yourselves? Easy, when I was 14, I got a demon in my head that made my greatness shine, and when I started uni and got a steady gf, he said that he isn't needed anymore and fucked off.
>>
>>18646263
The chances are, I am at least a little autistic. Still, it makes you realise that giving a child context is important. Not everyone is receptive to "learn this because I say so". Some people need actual reasons to do things.
>>
>>18646414
https://soundcloud.com/paranormalthoughtspodcast/interview-with-an-abductee-rev-james-jones-podcast
>>
>>18646437
>I got a demon in my head that made my greatness shine

Sorry, but I believe that's called autism
>>
>>18646526
That sounds nothing like autism. Schizophrenia maybe.
>>
>>18646367
discovered others contacted by Mantis had photographic memory
>>
>>18642142
>>18642155

For most people, it still requires a certain level of discipline and effort in order to pass the classes. Unfortunately, some people take the idea of not-learning-anything-useful-in-school to the extreme to the point where they disrespect education itself. Not only do these people put in minimal effort and cheat their way through school, they don't think about the future at all, expecting money somehow to fall onto their laps after they graduate (or drop out of school).
>>
>>18646438

BCZ 2 RDC THNGS MKS STN CM N TK 2 HL

LRN HMWRK N HMMKN LTL BTCH
>>
>>18646497

Please give me the time when you speak about being probed, thanks.
>>
>>18648981
Because to ready see things mucks satin cum and took to Half Life?
Learn humwork Hammonkin little bitch?
>>
I'm intuitive thinker definitely, finished electrical engineering with optoelectronics specialization, ended up as a web developer

this didn't stop me from being an occultist, but yeah I've only met 2 other people who openly admitted to being practicing occultists in my field of expertise
militant fedoras are much more common
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.