[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Park / Hiking abduction and missing peoples cases.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 40

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
People vanish from national parks and hikes in the hundreds every single year, with zero evidence they were ever there. The national park service have their own forces that cover these up or give very little information, making any investigations extremely hard.

INSANE numbers, no one investigates, no one cares, national park services are hiding this information

what's going on? listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppCXh6HCUs
>>
>>18639323
I'm too tired to investigate this, but here in Croatia, there is this meme that czech tourists come here to die in our national parks like fucking lemmings, doing shit like climb mountains wearing flip-flops or trying to swim to Italy in a cheap chinese rubber boat. And they fucking die and they are a massive drain on our mountain ranger and coast guard resources.
>>
>>18639337
In the US, these are the differences. There are massive clusters of disappearances in these national parks and hikes. People are flat out vanishing, as in if they had a dog with them if they were fully clothed then there is zero evidence of their existence, this doesn't happen often. People have an extremely hard time getting information on this, constant obstruction for no reason. The most /x/ part about all of this is people disappearing then appearing in places incapacitated or unconscious in places that are physically impossible for them to get their by themselves.

Okay, now think of this. When someone dies their smell is fucking palpable, in the water or on ground, there are tons of ways to find them out. THEY DO NOT FIND THEM. In this case, this isn't a cluster or people falling off of cliffs, it's of them absolutely dissapearing.
>>
>>18639408
I'd also like to add a large amount of people vanishing in these cases are children, and this is where the part of them appearing in places that is absolutely impossible for them to reach by themselves and is very difficult for professionals. With no traces in between.
>>
Why does his book sell for $149.99?
>>
>>18639430
Likely stopped production of the books and there is a limit quantity. You can find all of the information he presents in his books on the internet, he's done many presentations you can find.
>>
>>18639438
Is there a free download anywhere? Torrent or something. I'm interested but trying to compile all of his shit on the internet is taking forever and I can't afford the price tag on those books.
>>
>>18639598
I found a site with his books here, I don't know if it's legit or not. I checked on other book stores like barns n noble but they stopped selling them
http://www.canammissing.com/missing_411.html
linked to

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/Bigfootstore.html
>>
>>18639323
I heard this guy on an interview talking about how a fan had composed a computer program that has ALL the information for the missing people that is included in the books. The person doing the interview was saying how that would be cool for the public to have since they could help him try and spot trends, patterns, and the like. David comes back saying that all the information can be found in the books so there's no point. Interviewer concedes that it's true, but having a computer program would make it much easier than digging through each book. David flat says "no" and he won't be releasing it ever.

Once I heard that I lost what tiny amounts of respect I had for him, he goes around bitching there's a problem but refuses to accept help, it's obvious he's in it just for the cash grab.
>>
>>18639408
THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2YJ_8b54BU

So many people disappear in national forests and the government refuses to cooperate with the families that are suffering. It's fucking horrifying.So many innocent children just vanish without a trace, and the government doesn't give these cases any publicity or even fucking records. They don't keep the data, or if they do they don't show it to the families. It's fucking infuriating.
>>
>>18639607
>$174.95
I wanted them for free.
>>
>>18639430
Because few people are crazy enough to buy it, so he's got to exploit the shit out of them.
>>
>>18639626
I wonder if this is connected to how the government is keeping people from traveling to Montana.
>>
>>18639323
Animals eat people.
>>
>>18639829
No blood, hair or clothing found.
>>
>>18639724
Then find it yourself, I have no idea.

>>18639825
He has many presentations online that go over an hour and a half, watch them. His books cost 24.99 each, not 174.95. He's not responsible for resellers.
>>
>>18639852
>watch them

He's completely full of shit, so no.
>>
>>18639858
What is he wrong about?
>>
>>18639878
That there's anything unusual about people going missing in national parks. So his whole premise, basically. If you count up the number of people who go missing in national parks, and compare it to the people that go missing in amusement parks, or city parks, or grocery stores, or movie theaters, or hardware stores, or whatever, there's nothing statistically different about it.

Also there's that whole bigfoot thing he's into.
>>
>>18639323
I've heard hours of David telling stories.
I appreciate how he keeps his Bigfoot interests very separate from Missing 411 and associated research.
David just hits you with fact after fact and it's staggering.
My theory?
There are thousands of people living off the grid in US parks, many many more than people estimate.
Most are benevolent but many with evil inclinations (which drew them to the hermit lifestyle) abduct people.
>>
>>18639623
That's shitty of David yes, but that doesn't change the reality that it appears that he is onto something.
Basically, all he is doing is re-telling police reports and doing witness follow ups.
Hard to categorically call all that BS IMO.
>>
I'm sure i have a pdf of one of the 411 books.
If anyone's interested i could look for it
>>
>>18640042
I'd be interested Anon. The stories I've heard are super interesting but haven't had a chance to read the books.
>>
>>18640083
uploading in progress, will post link soon
>>
>>18640083
file
dropper
com
/

4chan's antispam is a pain in the ass for sure
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-16-17-30-12.png (234KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-16-17-30-12.png
234KB, 720x1280px
>>18640188
Can anyone confirm it's safe?
Pic related is what I see when I type that in, to make sure I did it right
>>
File: 411.jpg (184KB, 952x601px) Image search: [Google]
411.jpg
184KB, 952x601px
>>18640246
You're doing it right anon
>>
>>18639827
wait
what?
>>
>>18640252
Many interesting cases in this book, for example small children ages 2-5 who misteriousely disappear in mountain areas and are later found 3-4-5 miles away (some alive, some dead).

There is no way those children walked to the areas they are eventually found in.
>>
>>18640252
Thanks. Is there a time limit for how long it'll be up? I wanna download it but I need to get to my actual computer first. Also I wanna make sure it's safe real quick cause 4chan and all.
>>
>>18640011
this makes a fair amount of sense. my aunt used to be a hippy commune type of person, and she was telling me about the "rainbow tribe" gatherings, which is essentially a bunch of hippies living in a national forest for a month during the summer every year. the last one she went to was in Washington, and there was nearly 50,000 people there, basically living in their own pop-up wood city. it's not unfathomable.
>>
>>18640280
I have no idea how long it's going to be availble, this is the first time i'm using filedropper.

Also, it's safe, after you fill the captcha and click 'download now', you'll see it'a .pdf
No exe/cmd/bat bullshit
>>
>>18640278

>There is no way those children walked to the areas they are eventually found in.

An adult walks two miles an hour at a normal pace. A kid would be a bit less, probably, but not much.

How long were they missing?
>>
>>18640027
I completely agree, I don't discount his work at all. I'm saying I've heard him on other interviews talking about there is no such thing as too much help basically. Then to hoard something that could legitimately help is just against what he says. If he really wanted to solve this he'd be letting as much of the public help as possible. That's just my two cents on it.
>>
>>18640315
I actually kinda work with mapping software for a living. This would be so fun to help with.
>>
1/3
>>
2/3
>>
3/3
>>
>>18640188
damn thanks anon! I've been trying to get these for ages. Fuck david paulides and his bullshit though, he's kind of asshole just trying to make a buck off people deaths. He omits facts as well so be aware you can find out more about the cases from googling and there is usually an explanation. Some of them are pretty mysterious though
>>
>>18639337
Ah good old fashioned xenophobia
>>
>>18639626
You are grossly overexaggerating to the point of fearmongering
>>
>>18640272
Montana. Is it even real?
>>
>>18639827
Isn't that something to do with that Supervolcano or wtf under Yellowstone, though?
Fuck, could the disappearances and the volcano be related?
>>
>>18640011
Absurd
>>
>>18640027
There's plenty of bias and slant in the way he presents the facts, often very selectively, and the only reason he would is to increase a sense of intrigue. Now why would he do that? Oh yeah and his books are expensive and he doesn't share his data. Come on! Con men are meant to be convincing.. Look deeper or be conned
>>
>>18639827
What?
>>
>>18640416
t. butthurt Czech
>>
>>18640367
>the exact location
>is approximately

lol
>>
>>18640395
D. Paulides avoids linking the disappearences to bigfoot and interdimensional beings (the so called aliens).

He said on a number of occasions that he avoids pointing out what he believes to be abducting people in the national parks, because he doesn't want people to discredit his work because of theories.

Regarding this >>18639623 i can't imagine why he would refuse help from someone who's offering to make such a program.
He probably imagined that people won't buy his books anymore?
Still, that was at least an unappropriate response to someone who genuinely wanted to support his cause.

The book i starded reading is the one i posted here >>18640188
>>18640252
>>
>>18640434
Man sometimes I wish I could be so ignorant, I swear I would be much happier
>>
>>18640272
If you plot a map of all the people in Montana that went missing, you'll find that there are more people in Montana who went missing than any other state.
>>
>>18640553
>D. Paulides avoids linking the disappearences to bigfoot and interdimensional beings

Right. That's the joke. "I'm not saying it's bigfoot and aliens, but..."
>>
>>18640722
Idk bro, in general people believe just because we have borders, there is nothing unexplored inside those borders, which is far from truth.
>>
>>18640771
There's nothing unexplored in national parks, anon.

There are people who get their dumb asses lost, that's something different than unexplored.
>>
File: ahh.jpg (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ahh.jpg
8KB, 320x240px
>>18639408
but they come back too tho. the vanished come back in davids research..

also

>408 get
408 is the area code of san jose. David Paulides was a san jose police officer. spoopy.
>>
>>18639848
Animals eat blood, and clothing, and hair.
>>
>>18639430
It doesn't. He didn't want to collaborate with Amazon so people decided to buy his books from his website and sell them for ungodly amounts. You can buy his books straight from his website. I think it's CanAmmissing.com for like $25.00.
>>
>>18640798
How can you be so sure anon?
>>
>>18640011
I've been told stories by bikers of weird hermits, holy roller/end times praise jesus cults, "empty" spots where no noise gets out (these are dudes with loud as fuck harleys, they claim there are spots tat you can go 5 feet in and the sound levels just drop.), and the "eyes" at night.

there are outlaws I know in florida that told me about a big blow out party for a guy up in michigan and some guys getting jumped by these screaming things that were big as fuck and throwing trees and bikes at them.
>>
paulides is an idiot for not going with a amazon store to sell his books. he could be making 10x as much just off of ebook sales alone, and not have to physically deal with the hardcopies.
>>
File: Missing 420 Blaze It.jpg (272KB, 501x503px) Image search: [Google]
Missing 420 Blaze It.jpg
272KB, 501x503px
>>18640722
>>
>>18640553
I wasn't talking about him leaving that "it was aliens" I was talking about actual information. For instance in one case he claimed some guy just walked into the woods for no reason at night time, but when I looked into it the guy walked off to buy some cocaine in the blue mountains (really dumb idea) a lot of the time it's usually people making doing drug deals and falling the fuck off cliffs
>>
>>18640908
yeah people do go missing in dope deals up in the hills. The Lonnie Gamboa incident is notorious in this.
>>
>>18640908
Can you provide more info on the guy who walked into the woods to buy cocaine?

I couldn't find any details on this event

>a lot of the time it's usually people making doing drug deals and falling the fuck off cliffs

Do you have evidence supporting this claim?
>>
>>18639323
City-dwellers love to die in really stupid places. And if it rains a few days and animals eat or play with the remains, you are lucky if you find anything. Even in small Forests it can take years to find a corpse.

>>18640875

>and some guys getting jumped by these screaming things that were big as fuck and throwing trees and bikes at them.

Fey making Bikers shit their leather pants is hilarious.
>>
>>18640908
So bigfoot was selling cocaine, in the woods, at nighttime?
Your boss must be proud of you
>>
>>18640948
the fae dont bend metal or motorcycles barehanded. eat people, yes, but these stories had this frission of horror to them, that wasnt a drug fueled freakout either.
>>18640950
mountain folk/hillbillies have been known to rob and murder people over drugs, stolen cars, booze guns, and anything else they can make a quick buck off of since they came over on the boats.
>>
>>18640454
unfortunately, yes. i've driven through it on roadtrips before and i've ever seen anything remotely spooky except the massive amount of boredom i experienced getting through the massive, barren state
>>
National parks are fucking huge, and many are largely pristine wilderness. It's very easy to get turned around if you do not pay attention to where you are going. You don't even have to deliberately leave the trail. If a trail is small or not well maintained it can be easy to lose, or it might intersect with an animal trail in such a way that it looks like a continuation of the original trail. Those inexperienced in orienteering (or just dumb enough to go backpacking without a map and compass) may find themselves unable to locate the trail again. And if they don't remember to stay fucking put and signal for help, they might just end up walking deeper into uncharted wilderness (and likely into greater danger).

From there, it's a total crapshoot as to what kills them first. Injury due to treacherous terrain, exposure, dehydration / starvation, snakebites / animal attacks, etc... even an experienced outdoorsman can fall victim to the trials of nature if they are not careful or simply unlucky.

Finally, it's amazing how efficient nature is at recycling dead things. Scavengers and rot can strip meat from bones within days, and even the bones themselves will be scattered and consumed within a few weeks. And none of this is even necessary to dispose of the body if the person died in an out-of reach area, such as the bottom of a slot canyon, or just a sufficiently deep hole covered with underbrush.

The wilderness is unforgiving, and keeps what it takes. Whenever you go hiking or camping, make sure to pack with preparedness in mind, tell someone exactly where you are going and what your schedule is, and always avoid unnecessary danger.
>>
>>18640798
/out/ guy here

There actually are places in the USA that are unexplored. Not in "National Parks" though.

National parks are pleb shit, check out National Forests instead on google maps.

There are some spots in Wyoming (medicine bow national forest specifically) that have unexplored territory that nobody goes to. Same with Idaho and Montana.
>>
>>18639323
They were probably fucked by bears.
>>
File: 2949.png (491KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
2949.png
491KB, 500x800px
>>18639323
>..park service are hiding this information..

mUsT bEe a cuNsPeeRAceE...
>>
Boob demon will visit and give hot tit jobs but only if you reply "mmm I love booby demon"
>>
>>18639323
This stuff is really fascinating but I can't help but think he's exaggerating some of the details. I've listened to a lot of interviews with him and a lot of the time he says something to the effect of, "You won't see this anywhere else" or "I only found this after searching through a lot of public records", making it purposely hard to fact check. Still, I do think he's onto something, given what I've heard about places like Boston and disappearances around the Great Lakes. Just wish he'd be more upfront with letting people help like it was mentioned earlier, it looks pretty sketchy.
>>
>>18641329
mmm i love booby demon
>>
It's an australian case, his names Gary Tweddle. I remember another case where they found a dude up a tree which is pretty weird. But he had coke in his system too. I'm not saying ALL of them are like this. But just think about how many people need a good place to buy drugs, and that usually happens at night. Then think about how many people you know who go camping to do mushrooms. I know lots of people who go into the woods to trip
>>
Have you guys ever considered that David Paulides is actually one of the worlds best serial killers and runs around murdering people then writing several books about it with his inside information to frame bigfoot. You've got to admit the guy is a little suspicious. That mustache? Yeahhh
>>
>>18641430
> found a dude up a tree
Probably got chased by a dingo or whatever the fuck other billybongs or buynips or bendysnatches you have down there.
That's another thing that Paulides seems off on is the fact he seems convinced it's an anglosphere problem (he said the top countries are the US, Canada, UK, and Aus.) but I'm pretty sure if he spoke Mandarin or Russian he'd find just as many bizarro disappearances in those countries too. Probably more given how unsettled Eastern Russia is.
>>
>>18641443
really gets ur gears grindin huh...
>>
>>18641430
that was meant for you >>18640937
>>
>>18641177
I don't believe this, even though I want to. I did some light research, but nothing turned up. Got anymore information?
>>
>>18641450
Fuck it I meant to link to >>18641440
>>
>>18641443
the one up a tree was american, but yeah people dying in australia is pretty normal, especially foreigners. Abbos are very untrustworthy characters and will rob the fuck out of you in the outback. A couple of days ago he tweeted a case about these two german people who wondered off into northern territory in the hottest day of feburary without water. Like gee whiz I wonder what could have happened there. They got heatstroke and died, or maybe walked into a cave for shelter and got eaten by the goanna people
>>
>>18641467
> Abbos are very untrustworthy characters and will rob the fuck out of you in the outback.
Don't doubt it. My cousin lived in bumfuck Montana for a long time and he said white people don't go through certain reservations at night because the indians will fuck you up. He had a friend who got jumped by them when he was up there for some reason too. Can't help but some of these disappearances are Indians (or at least some kind or criminals), especially in places like Arizona or New Mexico.
>>
>>18641453
Yeah nobody reports on it.

It is insane how little information is on the internet, you'd think that publications like REI would talk about it, but it's apparant that they only care about making money.

One of my main hobbies in life is exploring outdoor areas that are barely charted, and I bushwhack through them. I've found all kinds of crazy shit around the Midwest and West.

You gotta talk to people word of mouth.

Look up Esterbrook Wyoming, and check out the mountain range it's next to. That mountain range is so desolate hardly anybody hits that place up. It barely even exists on the map.
>>
>>18641329
This is a trap.
>>
>>18640042
would be very interested to read one this dude's without paying the shill.
>>
>>18640293
can confirm is safe.
>>
Used to go through the national forests in Michigan a lot for a university research blah blah blah.
Found a deer impaled on a broken sapling once, legs up.
A boarded-up well in an area that according to all I could find had never been inhabited.
Found a pile of snow in the middle of May.
Fairy ring with a pile of what looked liked possum bones in the middle.
Burned out old f150 with the bed full of antlers and porcupine gnawed hooves.
Weird shit happens in the Great Big Empty.
>>
>>18641177
>check out National Forests
This and Wilderness Areas
>>
>>18639337
Same meme about czech is in slovakia.
>>
>>18639323
no mysteries
>>
>>18639827
lol no.
>>
>>18639848
you must realize that our national parks aren't fully mapped. this is why SRT have so much trouble during a rescue operation. most often, people panic and rather than staying centralized or trying to find some open outcrop of land they end up trudging deeper into the bush. now, the trouble with finding remains is that most forest or sub desert predators don't just leave their food where the kill was made and unless every single one of those animals is tagged one cannot possibly hope to scour ever den.
>>
>>18640798
>there's nothing unexplored in national parks

you what.
>>
>>18640900
the fucked thing is that it could potentially be wendigos. not your sci fi horror movie monsters but cave dwelling ferals that just never got back to society. this is why, should you decide to go into the bush, take fucking weapons.
>>
>>18642580
like some bone tomahawk type troglodyte ass inbreeds?
>>
>>18641474
yeah you generally wanna stay out of rez territory. not saying it's all bad but there are always bad apples in them.
>>
>>18642589
pretty much. that's all wendigos are. i sincerely hope i never run into any.
>>
This could be paranormal.. or whatever... I dunno.
But everyone in this thread who acts like its paranormal or "mysterious" or "shocking!" or simply impossible to understand why someone would go missing in a fucking gigantic forest "without a trace", has CLEARLY never been in an actual forest before in their entire lives.

I grew up on a mere 50 acres of land of which about half was forest.. a tiny little forest. Still fucking got lost in it a few times. Still had dogs/cats go missing in it.

National parks are fucking HUGE and some of you have no concept of what that actually means. Real life is not like a movie or tv show.
If you walk off a road or a trail, then unless you have a really fucking good idea of where the fuck you're going, and a compass/GPS or some shit.. you're not likely to find your way back or just miraculously stumble onto another road or trail.
>>
>>18641545

bored Esterbrook serial killer detected
>>
>>18640188
TY Anon, I have been wanting to check this out
>>
>>18641177
I don't believe you. I don't believe there's any place in the continental US that hasn't been explored.

Sure, national forests aren't visited. But I'm sure at some point some surveyor or somebody has gone through it.
>>
>>18641893
sub tundra deep forests especially marshes are the creepiest places on earth imho
>>
>>18642607
Makes sense. I've been out in Pisgah ntl forest where I've had all kinds of motherfucker is watching me vibes. my pennsylvania dutch family has stories from the pocanos about people going mad and running off into the woods to become werewolves and eat people. they dont mean the howling/werewolf the apocalypse crinos wolfmen, they meant people that would act like a fucking giant furfag, was batshit insane, and would cannibalize anyone they could.
>>18642623
there are plenty. the USA is fucking huge.
>>
>>18642623
you need to get out more.
>>
>>18642635
oh yeah. in those cases they literally are subhuman. once they're out of those formative years, too, getting them to assimilate back into society is nigh impossible. I'm reluctant to even imagine what a confrontation with one would entail. fucking frightening.
>>
>>18642635
Can you give me an example of a national forest that hasn't been surveyed and a cite, please.
>>
>>18642656
and mind you i say this as an agoraphobic autistic man.
>>
>>18642668
these were full grown adults in most cases, or people that had something that sounded suspiciously like an STD or mad cows disease.
>>18642673
everglades. its only been fully surveyed and mapped since 1998, and that took an airline disaster to get that one done.
>>
>>18642673
surveyed =/= explored
these are not synonymous terms.
>>
>>18642683
No, surveyed means even more heavily traveled than simple exploration. It means explored and thoroughyl measured

>>18642682
>fully surveyed and mapped

I'm asking for one that hasn't been.
>>
>>18642682
huh. actual prion affective infected would be absolutely amazing to study. i would love to see a lyssa virus that doesn't just outright kill the host.
>>
>>18642688
no, you're wrong. sorry.
>>
>>18642688
everglades is an important national forest. its next to a major metro area, has been used for hundreds of years for smuggling and shady doings, and no one ever really knew what was really in it. honestly they still dont.

there is that one up by polk too in Louisiana its nowhere as big.
>>18642689
they didnt last for years from what how the stories go, most died from something like exposure or broken bones, in under a year. the pocanos get fucking cold in the winter.
>>
>>18642608
>National parks are fucking HUGE and some of you have no concept of what that actually means. Real life is not like a movie or tv show.
>If you walk off a road or a trail, then unless you have a really fucking good idea of where the fuck you're going, and a compass/GPS or some shit.. you're not likely to find your way back or just miraculously stumble onto another road or trail.

this is very true. walking mindlessly off the main trail or worn down routes into the wild woods can mean getting lost in just a few minutes. as soon as you lose sight of the trail and make a few turns you become disoriented and everything starts to look the same. being in the woods is a hallucinatory experience in a way. it can even make you panic when you get that sudden feeling of having gotten lost.
>>
>>18642699
>no one knows what's in it

You just said it was fully mapped and surveyed.

Who did the mapping? Your werewolves?
>>
>>18642731
mapped and surveyed doesnt mean walked through on foot.

even the locals and the coke smugglers dont go too far into it.
>>
>>18642731
most mapping and surveying of large areas like national parks is too expensive, and time consuming to do manually, they use aerial mapping and satellite to do it.
>>
File: David_Paulides1.jpg (330KB, 501x503px) Image search: [Google]
David_Paulides1.jpg
330KB, 501x503px
you guys can continue to argue over the definition of surveyed versus mapped but ultimately the point here is that it is very easy to get lost in a wooded area (even a small one) and never be seen or heard from again.
>>
>>18642682
Had a soldier in basic from some off the grid everglade community. They had a lot of issues with a sex offender colony nearby till she had a steady paycheck and an id with which to purchase weapons....... not too much on the creap factor though mostly just the rapists and alligators
>>
>>18639848
no your wrong clothing was found and in many of the cases it was folded or found looking like they disappeared right out of there clothes..also children that were found dead were found in searched areas and areas that were impossible for a toddler to climb...
>>
>>18640416
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>18642780
or so claims paulides...
>>
>>18639623
Yeah he is making his living off this and dedicating all his time to it. Why would he want to just wreck himself.
>>
>>18642340
So, are the Czech really so retarded or suicidal?
>>
big thanks to the anon who posted the Eastern US Missing 411, does anyone else have pdfs of the others? i'm curious about the cases but also pretty sure paulides is full of shit.
>>
shameless bump for one of the rare amazing threads on /x/. aren't enough of these anymore.
>>
>>18643047
Thats literally the origin of the phrase
"You better check yourself, before you Czech yourself"
>>
>>18640301
That's on flat ground I'm assuming, not through dense woodland. Just a thought.
>>
>>18643870
Right but unless they were missing for only a few minutes, it's not at all unreasonable for them to go 3 to 5 miles.
>>
>>18640188
much appreciated
>>
>>18640188
Thanks anon. I've heard the author on C2C a few times and haven't had the chance to read his shit yet.
>>
>>18641292
You're a retard
>>
>>18641405
what have you heard about boston in that capacity
>>
>>18639323
I was surprised to actually find a good thread on /x for a change instead of the usual tarot card bullshit. Good on ya OP. You've earned this (YOU)
>>
>>18639408

Park ranger and search-and-rescue/first responder here.

1) National Parks are fucking HUGE. You often have no idea where in the park someone was before they disappeared, much less where they wandered off to in the hours or days since someone last saw them.

2) Parks are chronically understaffed, and the majority of personnel are interpretive rangers, not law enforcement. Interpretive rangers are basically glorified tour guides and janitors, and most have only the most basic training in search-and-rescue.

3) When someone goes missing in the woods, there often isn't much of them left to find if they die. Mountain lions, coyotes, buzzards, pigs, bears, badgers, etc. all eat dead bodies. The natural bacteria, fungus, etc. decomposes bodies faster than in, say, an abandoned building or some serial killer's basement. Typically, if someone dies in the woods, all that's left to find is skeletal remains, and you try finding some bones scattered by scavengers, buried by leaf litter, and lost somewhere in the woods in an area that's hard to access and is the size of a major city.

4) Search-and-rescue dogs are not infallible. My dog is typical of most dogs and is easily distracted; I have to keep her focused on the task of looking for a person, not chasing squirrels or eating a dead rabbit she found under a bush. She gets tired after a couple hours. She doesn't like going through dense brush, thorns, etc. any more than you do. Being able to track someone's scent is dependent on how recently they passed through, how much spoor they left behind (sweat, blood, etc. on soil is better than just the soles of their shoes stepping on solid rock), wind speed and direction, how dense the trees/brush are (the denser, the less scent), etc. The majority of scent dogs cannot track a specific person's scent and simply home in on the nearest person, which may or may not be the one you're looking for.

Continued
>>
>>18645074

Tracking dogs like you see on tv are few and far between, and even if one is available, you don't always have a sample of the missing person's scent to get them started. Just keeping the scent dog on the trail is exhausting work, and you have to go slow or the dog can miss the search target entirely.

An example of the most recent exercise I was in: we were searching a tiny area, a small park used by the Boy Scouts. About 20 acres total. We had two dogs and it took us an hour to find our "missing person"; the dogs walked right past him twice without detecting him, while he sat under a tree reading a book. This was in a well-maintained park with very little undergrowth and visibility for fifty yards or more in the wood there. And we only searched along the trails, we didn't go off the trail in a search grid. Now imagine what's involved in finding someone who wandered off the trail in a park the size of Yellowstone.

5) There is no conspiracy or cover up. You have a limited number of people with limited resources searching rough terrain that covers an enormous area. We put in maximum effort for as long as we can, and after a certain point it's almost a guarantee that the missing person has died of exposure/thirst/wild animals/falling off a tree/whatever and it's not worth continuing the search. This is particularly true in winter when most people disappear. Typically, we find their bones when the snow melts a few months later.

6) People are fucking stupid. The majority of people have no idea how to function in the wilderness; they don't know how to navigate, how to find shelter or food, how to start a fire without lighter fluid and matches, and they don't come equipped with what they need to survive. I've seen tourists show up in shorts and flip-flops to hike on a mountain in weather just above freezing. We warn people when we see them doing stupid shit, but there's only so much we can do to protect people from their own stupidity.
>>
David Paulides' Q&A: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread972658/pg1

It's definitely worth reading, I've downloaded it and it's amazing how many toddlers and babies go missing mysteriously and sometimes are found in really inaccessible spots.
>>
>>18645094

7) Paulides grossly exaggerates how many people go missing, and has been debunked numerous times as counting the same missing person case multiple times, or 'documenting' purely fictional stories.

8) That said, people DO go missing, Paulides does document some genuine and bizarre cases, and some of this shit is incredibly fucking creepy.

Oh, and just FYI, the Appalachian Trail has a shitload of serial killers working it. Due to the remote locations, lack of witnesses, mother nature being a bitch to physical evidence, lack of sufficient rangers, overlapping jurisdictions creating friction/confusion, and other shit, we only catch them when we get a lucky break or they get stupid and leave a shitload of evidence behind. Usually a serial killer can operate for years before we catch them. We estimate there's a dozen or so serial killers working the length and breadth of the Appalachian Trail at any given time.

If you go into the wilderness, come prepared. Dress appropriately, bring food/water/medication/tools to build fire and shelter, know how to navigate in the woods without getting lost, and bring a fucking gun.

Seriously, it's THE WILDERNESS. Why do people act like it's a big surprise when someone goes missing?
>>
>>18645101

I wasn't one of the ones that found him, but we had a toddler go missing. Found him a couple days later up a tree. Like, WAY up in a tree. Appeared to have died of exposure, no marks on him.

Bobcats, mountain lions, and other predators will store their prey high up in trees to keep other predators/scavengers from stealing their food. If one came across the kid after he died in the cold, it makes sense for it to stash the free food it found.

Still creeped out the people who found him.

Had an old man go missing one summer; didn't expect to find him alive after a week passed with no sign, so the search was called off and we just had people volunteer to look for the body on their time off.

Found him on the other side of the fucking mountain on day ten. He wandered off the trail to photograph some deer, got turned around, and sprained his ankle. Spent days dehydrated and delirious crawling through the woods at random and we found him entirely by accident because he was just outside the search area. He probably wouldn't have lasted another day if we hadn't found him.

Had another guy go hiking; unlike the majority of tourists, he was an experienced outdoorsman and did everything right, telling people where he was, which trails he was going to hike, when he expected to be back, etc.

Lost his footing in the snow and slid off a cliff. Landed headfirst. Found him a couple months later when the snow melted. Dogs couldn't track him at all because of the snow making spoor impossible to leave behind, and the cold temps kept his body from producing much odor.

Those are the only 'serious' search-and-rescues I've been on. Every other one, which occurs almost weekly, is somebody getting worried when a kid wandered off or something and we typically find them within the hour further down the same trail they started on.
>>
>>18640278
>There is no way those children walked to the areas they are eventually found in.

Sorry dude, but I gotta call horseshit on this. Between the ages of 3 and 5 I used to wander off and be found kilometres away in a very short time, granted in a city. But when I was 6 and camping with my parents I wandered off in dense west coast forest in a mountainous area while they slept. In an hour or so I was 1 km away and only couldnt go any further as I had reached the ocean and immediately got reoriented and found my way back. In the 1990s I used to volunteer for CASARA and knew many SAR volunteers. Little kids generally don't stay put and wander far and wide until darkness sets. Don't under estimate those little shits.
>>
>>18645125

Shit, when I was 3 I outpaced all the adults when we hiked through the Guadalupe Mountains. Little kids have a ton of energy and don't know to stay put and wait for rescue; why do people act surprised that they can cover some distance?
>>
>>18645074
>Parks are chronically understaffed
top kek for understatement of the year.

I've been to national forests, where I have never seen a ranger. the only sign there were humans still around was the ranger station up in the front, where there was a few vending machines for soda that were half empty, and a faded sign in sheet for some boyscout thing from like 3 years before.

yeah the Appalachian trail does have a bunch of fucking crazies running through it like mad. I lived in Asheville back in the 90's, and my dad lived there in the 70's to early 80's, and said there were all kinds of shit that the cops just covered up. like body parts and shit nailed to trees.

there was an old man that made shine out in candler that told us to stay away form anyone we saw walking the paths up in the hills. he said these people done lost thier damn minds and would kill people thinking they were god or something. there are cults and shit hiding out innawoods too. never discount that either.
>>
>>18645227
I have some family that lives in a holler that's like 45 minutes away from the main road and BOY OH BOY I do not like visiting them.
Those hill people are fucking weird. My family are transplants, but their neighbors are like a different species. I walked out to the car to grab my duffel bag and stuff and this guy stared at me from like the other side of the road the entire time. Didn't say anything, just kept spitting into his can. Probably a good minute or two. I waved at him, said hi, nothing back.
I firmly believe that everyone who lives in the Appalachians is mentally unsound.
>>
>>18645294
christ yes they are.

I went to kentucky with my buddies and their folks for their reunion to see where they grew up.

I've been in some strange places, with strange people, for strange reasons. but that town took the cake. when we went over to west virginia with his cousin it was worse. I felt like the lonliest little hobbit being sex trafficked to mordor. I went everywhere with my colt 6920 in a fender guitar softcase on my back in case some hilbillies went sideways.

also FUCK LOUISIANA. those people are goddamn horror movie monsters. no I take that back, they would kidnap, rape, torture, eat and then fuck the rotting rest of the corpse of the monster. fuck that place.
>>
>>18645311
Ahaha, yeah, Louisiana is something else. I actually lived there for a while, ended up moving back to Michigan because I felt so incredibly out of place. I was in a small town and the creole was so thick it was like another country.
>>
>>18640416
Czech women are top tier beautiful.
>>
>>18640367
>Ozarks
Its a gorp

Also fuck man, conspiracy or not, thinking about all the missing kids is fucking sad
>>
You can explain them all without supernatural means.
>>
>>18645111
bro, how do i get into ranger-ing? genuinely interested. i feel it would be fulfilling.
>>
File: 1428731332928.jpg (35KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1428731332928.jpg
35KB, 500x358px
I've never understood why so many people uncritically believe virtually everything paulides says. they quote his claims as though they were facts. they're not facts.
that being said, it's also good to see that some reasonable people are starting to post in these paulides nut-hugger threads.
It only takes a little bit of logic and inquiry to BTFO paulides fallacious claims.
>>
>>18646396
All of those cases where people disappeared without a trace in under a span of 5-10 minutes is true stuff. Like the girl that went to go take a picture and her family was couple feet away from her, and she disappeared.
>>
>>18646429
sure but it doesn't require any paranormal or criminal explanation.

it's easy to get lost in the woods.
>>
>>18646509

I don't think you understand. She disappeared in quickly over a couple minutes, and there a wide search for her using dogs and they didn't catch a scent. All what was left of the girl was her camera lense. Are you sure you know anything about this particular subject?
>>
>>18646515
you should look into how mountain lions and cougars hunt. such a thing is not at all beyond reason.
>>
>>18645111
Fuck yes at the utter fuckedness of the Appalachians. I was born in Ohio, not even a terribly rural area, just a semi-small town around Morgan County, and it was known for it's shotgun murders. It was scary how nonchalant they all are about the brutal deaths. Not even beginning to talk of the heroin and meth problems steeped in the culture out there.

I have family still down in Ohio. One of my uncles fucked off into the trail to be a moonshiner and joined one of the snake cults down there. The last time any of us saw him was at our great-grandmother's funeral. He was never very stable to begin with, but you could see heroin-esque punture points where he induced snake bites on his hands and arms. And his eyes were just... dead. He didn't talk much, just sat by himself jittering and sipping on his flask.

Don't go to Ohio.
>>
>>18646802
There is no evidence at the scene for it to imply it was a cougar. Is that the best you can do?
>>
Just a short story from me here that for me at least explains some of it
>16 years old, out fishing/camping at night.
>About 3 hours from home by foot. Deep into the forest.
>Sometime after 2 in the morning I felt like I was being watched.
>Was night fishing and standing by a lake shore, something moved on the other side of the lake (200 yards across maybe)
>Couldn't make out what it was but it kept moving around the lake towards my side.
>Suddenly starts hearing loud sounds, like screaming. Realize everything else has gone silent.
>Thing is still moving towards me, can barely make out a shadow, movement looks extremely fucking strange.
>Freak out totally, grab my backpack, leave the tent and grab my axe. Run like hell.
>Find the trail leading to the dirt road where my moped is parked. Run along it, 5 minutes later I'm at the dirt road, look back.
>Almost have a heart attack, same thing is about half way down the trail.
>Get on my moped, start it and rides off as fast as I can, 30km/h top speed, maxing out.
Ride for a while, make it to the "main" dirt road.
>Keeps riding home, starting to relax, still freaked though.
After a maybe 15 minutes I stop to check my gear, stand there for a while then look back just by accident.
>FUCK. It's there. Dark fucking road, forest around and the same figure moving towards me.
>Keep riding all the way home to my grandparents who lived the closest.
>Drop my bike, bang on their door in panic.
>One they had let me in and gotten me to breath a little I told them what happened.
>Never seen people turn that pale before.
>They knew what it was, 100% knew it.
>Old Scandinavian folk lore creature known as the Skogsvrå.
>They guard forests against intruders and can look in many different ways.
>The forest where I was has had old stories about a really bad one, a true monster.
People have seen these things since the stone age. There is things out there we don't know about, I have no doubt about that anymore.
>>
>>18645111
You mother fucker, I wanted to hike the Appalachian Trial but now there's no way in hell, that's way too creepy.
>>
>>18647294
People have been afraid if their own shadows for millions of years. Forests are only dangerous because of their vegetation, their animals and the occasional crazy serial killer or drug user you come across.
>>
Does anyone who's listened to his radio interview remember a case he mentioned about a boy disappearing and being taken care of by what he thought was his grandmother? At one point "she" asked him to defecate on a piece of paper if I remember correctly. I can't be arsed to listen to every damn interview but I really want to know more.
>>
>>18646396
>>18646509
>>18645125
>>18643377
>>18642783
>>18642769
>t. skinwalker
>>18646987
the fattest "people" I have ever seen in my life were from Massilon and bucyrus ohio. like so fat, the food they drop while eating, orbits around them. the one broke a cast iron tub, and we caught him eating a rotting horse carcass.

he smelled so bad, you could smell him over burning tires, and garbage.
>>
>>18639607
I think these are the official sites
>>
>>18648291
>CTR
>>
>>18648347
>SWIDF
>>
>>18643047
I would say stubborn.

I still have in fresh memory when I was hiking in Tatras with dad and mom. Especially my mother tends to ignore all dangers. She and other czech tourists thinks that doing stupid shit while under equipped and non-trained is somehow an achievement and not a suicide.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8QZ0kNUhsk

This case alone is creepy as fuck.

Please debunk this.
>>
>>18649134
I believe I read that a ranger mentioned (to Paulides i think?) that there were "feral" people living in the park, and that they couldn't get rid of them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QjBFM56EC8

This one is also weird.

>>18649152
So basically bigfoot, but small?
>>
I'll just leave this here and watch the shit show.
http://www.alivedragon.com/PEGS/2014/12/31/missing-children-and-the-ropen/
>>
>>18649157
Not exactly bigfoot, maybe an isolated group of outcasts who've adapted to living exclusively outdoors.
>>
>>18649171
I don't think you can live exclusively outdoors. Not without leaving a marks.

Modern people are not very well accustomed to a wilderness. If you want to survive, you need to keep animals and farm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hot16I8jE4g
>>
>>18649176
Not necessarily. A small population could live on foraged plants, and a LOT of game, hence people going missing. I don't think these are modern people at all, more like a group separated from other Native Americans centuries ago for whatever reason. Or maybe they're super-autists like Neanderthals.
>>
>>18649184
>group separated from other Native Americans centuries ago for whatever reason
This is exactly what I think Bigfoot is.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQpYopdIixM
>>
>>18639323

They can't weed through those who get lost hiking, those who get killed by animals, or those who get abducted by someone.

You can't exactly cause large concern over the thought that people are taken when you can't come to the definite conclusion that they were taken, now can you?

I think that would be considered assumptive and bad news, now wouldn't it?
>>
>>18649215
Well that's true.

But it doesn't explain anything either.
>>
>>18649187
Well, SOME bigfoot. Out West, they're supposed to have really long arms, pointed heads, flat brow ridge, don't use fire, etc. In the Eastern US they're typically described with a domed skull, double-arched brow ridge, normal arms proportions, use fire and tools, overall much more human-like.
>>
>>18649243
I have noticed this too.

Maybe inbreeding? Although I don't think inbreeding can make humans to grow 8 feet tall.
>>
>>18649265
Gauging from the size of Eastern tracks, they're probably 6 or 6.5 feet tall on average.
>>
>>18649134
>"that thing had something on it's shoulder."

it went from being a bear to a man to a thing pretty quickly.
>>
The Japanese suicide forests are even stranger to me
>>
>>18647274
but do you know that for certain? i didn't claim that to be the only possibility.
>>
>>18649157
"a profile emerges"
lol
>>
File: 1428907919392.jpg (92KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1428907919392.jpg
92KB, 500x702px
>>18649157
The "profile" is that people go missing in national parks under a variety of conditions involving rugged terrain including boulder fields, bodies of water, swamps, etc. The very young and the very old are most susceptible to this phenomenon.

How is this mysterious?
>>
>>18649729
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeT2FG88PIM&t=17s
>>
File: et.jpg (174KB, 610x332px) Image search: [Google]
et.jpg
174KB, 610x332px
>>18649735
i've seen that. Is there a point you wanted to make or some particular section of this 2 hour video you want to reference?
>>
>>18649783
If you saw that and think there's nothing unusual about it, then I have nothing else to say to you.
>>
>>18649616
I know for certain that it's not animals that are taking people. That's for sure.
>>
>>18639430
so george can pay off the national guard service for classified information
>>
File: duh.jpg (5KB, 192x185px) Image search: [Google]
duh.jpg
5KB, 192x185px
>>18641177
>National Parks
>National Forests
i thought these were the same thing
>>
>>18647294
>>Get on my moped, start it and rides off as fast as I can, 30km/h top speed, maxing out.

50cc 2-stroke? :D
>>
>>18650201
Eh, all national forests are national parks, but not the other way around.
>>
>>18650201
national forests are big versions of national parks
>>
File: squatched.jpg (61KB, 758x676px) Image search: [Google]
squatched.jpg
61KB, 758x676px
there's only one good explanation for all these cases
>>
>>18650300
Forest niggers
>>
The fact that Paulides tried to sell that this phenomenon is occurring only in the anglosphere, they're all connected somehow despite some of the cases being 250 years old and the government is facilitating it really makes it hard to take seriously.
>>
>>18650415
Your birth was hard to take seriously too but your mom did a pretty good job anyways
>>
File: Sasquatch.png (155KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
Sasquatch.png
155KB, 300x276px
>>18650300
Timber niggers
>>
>>18650415
You're correct. 10 people go missing in the span of a hundred years from a particular mountain path in a national park and he calls that a "cluster"
>>
>>18647715
Yep, that was a great one too. The only other thing I remember is that it was near mt Shasta.
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 2048x1536px
>>18649167
Thanks, interesting...
>>
>>18650926
Both those are in David Paulides western us book btw.
>>
>>18650926
Both of these say they couldn't have traveled that far, but it doesn't say how many miles it actually was.

How convenient.
>>
>>18650967
It does in his book though,
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>18649167
>>
>>18650974
It also says on the internet.

They were six and nine miles away respectively.

Both of which are easily traveled by children in a day's time. "crossing mountains" my ass.
>>
>>18650982
They were both TWO year olds.
>>
>>18650107
no you don't. learn about ambush predators. even just a little.
>>
>>18639323

Their are stories of a UFO human mutilation cover up team in NATO lead by the Americans based all over the world coving up things like this. Aliens will abduct people and do tests on them like the animals and leave their bodies behind with the same cuts as on animal cases. They fly in to dispose of the bodies and evidence when they can. Government also knows about this and was in exchange for technology to allow them to do it. They mostly target climbers and walkers as they are in the middle of nowhere with few if any witnesses and can say they just got lost.
>>
mmm i love booby demon
>>
>>18641103
>If a trail is small or not well maintained it can be easy to lose

They can be a pain in the ass even if you have a map and compass, as they are often times not as depicted on the map, which can confuse the shit out of people. Throw in the occasional unmarked beaver pond that suddenly appears where your fucking trail is supposed to be, and it's easy to see how people can lose their way out in the bush.
>>
File: Kemence_DVD_Cover.jpg (1MB, 827x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Kemence_DVD_Cover.jpg
1MB, 827x1122px
>>18651333
neat-o
>>
>>18651001
Yes, anon. And two year olds can easily travel that distance in 24 hours. And they'll get scratched up in bushes as they go.
>>
File: missing_map[1].jpg (198KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
missing_map[1].jpg
198KB, 1280x853px
I've read Paulides' work for quite some time now and one thing that is worthy of mention, is how he drops clues as to how this "thing" operates. He does it so indirectly, that I'm assuming he's doing this unconsciously.

In an interview, Paulides mentions a case of a man who went missing in the Nevada desert after stepping into an "M" shaped cave. This man, Kenny Veach, reported that as soon as he stepped into this cave, he felt a very strong vibration run across his body. It triggered a very primal flight response but it intrigued him as well.

Initially, he wanted to press forward but seeing that he had no weapon, had to retreat. About a week later, he goes off to go look for this M shaped cave and finds nothing. He goes to the exact spot and finds that it has been sealed off. He doesn't mention this but you get the feeling that this is what he meant when he was recording the video. The man visits this area once again and goes missing.

He was never found.

When you gather a significant amount of data, you'll realize that there are many areas of strange disappearances surrounding the outside states but nothing too consistent in Nevada itself.

In the same interview, Paulides mentions how serial killers, rapists, criminals, etc... hardly commit crimes where they live but instead, venture off into distant areas to do their deed. Paulides was implying that whatever this "being" is, lives in Nevada or has very close ties to the place. Just look at the map I've posted. Many cases surround the state of Nevada but no clusters exist in it.

That "thing" lives there.

When you really think about it, it could actually makes sense since Nevada has many underground areas to take refuge in.

For more information on this case, google: Kenny Veach M Shapped Cave. You'll even see his YouTube video on the subject.
>>
File: missing asshole man.jpg (555KB, 1542x1628px) Image search: [Google]
missing asshole man.jpg
555KB, 1542x1628px
>>18651333
Trips for truth.

Pic related: Some poor fucker they found down in South America.

The wounds can't be explained, and are completely inconsistent with animals / insects. They do resemble the same kind of wounds found on animals all over the world in animal mutilation cases.

They cored out his asshole.

Why the fuck would they core out his asshole, people? Who the fuck does that?

I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation for this poor fuck.
>>
>>18652196
>Kenny Veach M Shapped Cave
he was out by indian springs where the tall whites charlie hall claims have a base
>>
>>18650107
hey david
>>
>>18652276
Wouldn't a human have done that to him? A really sick one?
>>
>>18652563
looks like some FARC commie torture method
>>
>>18652563
With what?

An industrial strength vacuum cleaner?

And what's with coring out the dude's rectum? Who the fuck does that shit?

Crazy people do crazy shit, but there's usually clear evidence of crazy people doing that crazy shit, and this just doesn't jive.
>>
>>18639323
about 10 years ago the fbi released a little known fact about excons that lots of people didnt know and some how many still dont know

excons have no where to go most of the time. many programs to employ them have been shut down due to repeat offenders in many states and in other cases there simply where not any jobs for a person with zero skill sets and no college and the kids took all the fast food work

so they shack up innawoods. excons become repeat offenders often. also many people in prison have been found to be guilty of other shit and they couldnt find them because they were already in prison. paper work is a bitch. people have avoided additional jail time by being in prison already many times. samples are not compared in some national database. its only compared vs suspects

the missing people where probably beaten , raped. killed and eaten in that order
>>
>>18652585
nazis that escaped from europe would do it too
>>
It's bigfoot
>>
File: Missing411.jpg (107KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
Missing411.jpg
107KB, 466x640px
Missing 411 is one of my favorite coffee table topics. It stimulates the human imagination to try to come up with explanations for truly bizarre events.

How did a 4 year old travel 2000 feet up a mountain to where only advanced climbers could reach?
Why did a perfectly normal adult decide to travel several miles in the wrong direction, through hazardous snowdrifts (In the 30+ foot range) and then fall off a mountain? Doing so while possessing a GPS and Map?
Why did a climber Unhook himself from his own line and then disappear?
How did a person go missing and then be found in the middle of a swamp, in an area requiring one to wade through neck deep water?
How did a 7 year old travel 50 miles in 2 days?

There's more, but I don't know how to come up with a rational explanation for these things.
>>
>>18652617
i worked with a guy in 2008 that told me tales of his 15 years in Raiford prison in florida.

there were guys that bragged about doing just taht, getting away with multiple murders by being jailed for other stuff. there was an old man that claimed to have killed hundreds of teenage runaways in the 70's and 80's and only being stopped by getting caught in a robbery of a hair salon. he was this big scary old fuck according to the guy i know, who is a big scary tattooed, patched member of the outlaws gang.

there are people that go missing in prisons too, and people that are in there that claim they were framed by cults and shit too.
>>
>>18651299
Learn about the cases. Even just a little.
>>
>>18649167
>>18650980
>>18650926
>>18652733
>Dogs losing scent trails in the middle of open fields
>Children being carried over mountains
>Dropped shoes being found in the middle of nowhere
Large flying predators, man.
>>
File: 1487455702936.jpg (27KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487455702936.jpg
27KB, 540x540px
this is the worst thread on /x/ right now

>my daddy told me about hill people cults when I was a kid
>they definitely exist and are murdering people hiking on a trail and the corrupt small town sheriffs are covering it all up or something

>people are dropping like flies on a trail that is very active and this is all being covered up somehow and no one cares or something

>them crazy moonshine mountain people cultists and cannibals
>>
>>18639323
I don't know if you OP heard a radio interview few years ago (didn't watch the whole video you posted)....but Paulides does a nice narrative of the facts and the people involved.....everything gets really spooky until the UFO shit starts to be mentioned. Til that part everything goes ok and then it crashes. Even though he doesn't confirm the UFO intervention his story starts to go from creepy to campy.
I don't know what to think about this guy.

>video can be found in YT...it's long.
>>
>>18653260
>t. crazy cannibal moon-shining cultist serial killer from the backwoods
>>
>>18647715
the granny had been camping there the previous week or month.
she woke up and found a strange puncture mark on her body. no other weirdness.

so perhaps her dna was sampled, and the advanced beings that live under mt shasta made and programmed a clone.....to cajole a kid in to crapping out a sample for them.

really makes no sense. maybe these beings are bored kinky freaks.

cool story, i love the high strangeness tales
>>
Hi friends, can anyone tell me if the Missing 411 is worth purchasing (all three)? Thank you friends.
>>
>>18643377
gib link pls
>>
>>18639982
Ok, first off, there is absolutely no reason to take your statistical claim seriously unless you provide an actual source. Secondly Paulides doesn't limit his investigations to national parks so even if your claim was true, it's pretty inconsequential since what Paulides is interested in is not the number or frequency of the disappearances,or even necessarily where they take place, but the bizarre circumstances regarding the disappearances (and in some cases reappearances) of the victims. Frankly, I don't think you've spent any meaningful amount of time looking into this issue.
>>
>>18653483
>bizarre circumstances

He makes them up and/or exaggerates those too.
>>
File: bigfoot_asstorso.gif (3MB, 1024x1002px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot_asstorso.gif
3MB, 1024x1002px
>>18652733
You make the same mistake so many others are making in these threads in thinking that the "facts™" as presented by Paulides are even remotely accurate.

My challenge to anyone interested is this:

• Pick three stories from any Paulides book or radio interview that captures your imagination.

• Jot down the main spooky details as described by him.

• Use your googler to search news reports of the cases. cross-reference the facts as described from multiple sources against those described by Paulides.

• Profit.
>>
>>18652276
>i don't understand the various workings of decomposition
>>
>>18653496
>He makes them up and/or exaggerates those too.

This. Obviously. Personally, I blame the public school system. People are unable to think critically or spot logical fallacies.
>>
>>18653523
Show me him making up or exaggerating the story by providing evidence of what actually happened. Or at the very least giving an explanation with your superior critically thinking brain that explains it.
Sitting their spouting words you don't understand and trying to take the moral high ground is a classic trait of pseudo-intellectuals. Wait, don't tell me, it's all just pure coincidence. Right?
>>
>>18653511
That man was electrocuted, theres no mystery to it. Just morons regurgitating things they saw posted by other morons.
>>
>>18652276
decomp and animals digging out soft parts (ie, the rectum)
>>
mfw ive literally been missing in the wilderness before

its not that hard. mountains are big and even search parties and dogs cannot cross every square acre of space out there.

only fools deny the triumph of nature over man
>>
>>18653761
>>18653511

The guy had his organs surgecialy removed through a hole in his belly button. His cheek was stripped of flesh to the bone with no trace pieces left.

What sort of lighting or even some crazy fucker could do that?

Look at the facts of the story first before you start brushing it off before you start thinking you know everything and are somehow intellectually superior assholes
>>
>kids found in area he couldn't get too

Says who? You'd need to get a kid and see if he/she could make it. Animals could also carry a kid.

>folding clothes and such

That's a normal response to hypothermia. You take your clothes off and fold them up out of routine.

I've yet to see a single case provided that can't be explained with logic and deduction involving elements, illness and animals.
>>
>>18653902

>electrocuted
>bugs eat his insides and soft bits
>>
>>18653894
I once got turned around in the woods behind my house and didn't find my way back out for like four hours. Once again /x/ reveals it never leaves the basement.
>>
>>18653908

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>18653688
The claim that a child could not have walked the distance to where their body was found, and then it turns out they were only three or four miles away, is an example of exaggeration and lying.

>it's all pure coincidence

There's not even coincidence. It's just people getting lost.
>>
File: Autopsy1.gif (34KB, 714x1164px) Image search: [Google]
Autopsy1.gif
34KB, 714x1164px
>>18653511
Yes, I do, and so did the doctor that did the autopsy.

http://www.reocities.com/aliengrip/Mutilations/Guarapiranga2-En.htm
>>
>all these skeptics

I wish I was ignorant. Maybe I would be happier.
>>
>>18654128
You're plenty ignorant now.
>>
>>18653886
Doesn't work that way.

Animals don't make uniform circular incisions.

They rip and tear flesh off, and leave a easily recognizable signature when they do, and in the heat of South America, insects would have made short work of the remains, and would have been all over it when it was found, yet none were present in any large quantity.

Decomposition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1CD6gNmhr0
>>
>>18654128
/x/ is a shitposting troll board.

People just post counter points to troll, regardless of the topic.
>>
>>18653260
I'm not gonna lie, you suck and have bad taste. This is one of the better threads here, even if you don't swallow everything in it uncritically.

Prefer succubus and flat-earth threads?
>>
>>18641329
mmm I love booby demon
>>
>>18654148
>/x/ is a LARPing and roleplaying board.

ftfy pham
>>
>>18652196
Wasn't there a rumor floating around the internet that the guy faked his death/disappearance because he was heavily in debt?

>In the same interview, Paulides mentions how serial killers, rapists, criminals, etc... hardly commit crimes where they live but instead, venture off into distant areas to do their deed.
hold on, I thought serial killers actually comitted their crimes in the general area they live in
>>
>>18654204
>I thought serial killers actually comitted their crimes in the general area they live in

There's always exceptions to the norm, like those truck driver killers that murder people all over the place due to being in a mobile profession.
>>
>>18654204
They do. Paulides is full of shit.
>>
How can people believe in this shit ?
This is flat earth/Mandela effect tier of retardness.
>>
>>18653688
I just listened to Paulides' 2012 appearance on Coast to Coast AM. He dismisses paradoxical undressing and claims that "even experienced Himalayan mountaineers have never seen the phenomenon" (paraphrasing).

Paradoxical undressing is absolutely a real, well documented phenomenon. Paulides claims to be objective and not wanting to speculate--qualities of a good investigator. So why would a guy who's supposedly so well versed in SAR and wilderness missing persons cases choose to poo-poo such a well grounded phenomenon?

Later in the same interview he backpedals a bit, saying that in "a vast majority" of cases, clothes came off within the first hundred yards long before the victims should have been in end-stage hypothermia. Alright, good of him to qualify that. But it still doesn't excuse his willful ignorance and outright dismissial of paradoxical undressing earlier in the show. Even using a term like "vast majority" without quantifying it goes directly against the best practices of a professional investigator. Cops are often trained to give testimony using very carefully worded, objective and precise phrasing, so that their testimony is most useful. "Vast majority" is not a word choice I'd expect from a professional investigator who's had a career of giving sworn testimony in court.

Historians and detectives often tread a fine line between presenting plain dull facts, versus coloring the narrative too strongly with opinion and disinformation. His flat-out denial of paradoxical undressing as a known phenomenon goes against the very methodology that he claims to be following.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia#Paradoxical_undressing
>>
>>18639323
>People vanish from national parks and hikes in the hundreds every single year,
people vanish from the cities too
>zero evidence they were there
lel welcome to the great out doors diphsit
>the national park service have their own forces that cover these up or give very little information
source (not counting his book), at worst its some forest ranger trying to not scare the masses and loose tourism

ill admit, some of the cases are strange as fuck. But David has blown them out of proportion to sell books
>>
>>18653511
oh come the fuck on now
>>
>>18645111
>Oh, and just FYI, the Appalachian Trail has a shitload of serial killers working it. Due to the remote locations, lack of witnesses, mother nature being a bitch to physical evidence, lack of sufficient rangers, overlapping jurisdictions creating friction/confusion, and other shit, we only catch them when we get a lucky break or they get stupid and leave a shitload of evidence behind. Usually a serial killer can operate for years before we catch them. We estimate there's a dozen or so serial killers working the length and breadth of the Appalachian Trail at any given time.
Absolute bullshit. Since 1974 only 11 hikers have been murdered on the trail.
>>
File: kramer-woah.gif (562KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
kramer-woah.gif
562KB, 200x189px
plot twist: David Paulides is world's most active serial killer
>>
>>18654969
But this is only a theory...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1470577029873.jpg (30KB, 552x513px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470577029873.jpg
30KB, 552x513px
>>18654969
>>
>>18654944

>11

Wow, that's just under the number of people who have been killed by cougars in North America in the past 100 years. That stands at 20. Only 3 of these fatalities were adults.
>>
>>18655816
11 murders in 43 years? Shut the fuck up, tramp. Completely annihilates the
>Oh, and just FYI, the Appalachian Trail has a shitload of serial killers working it. Due to the remote locations, lack of witnesses, mother nature being a bitch to physical evidence, lack of sufficient rangers, overlapping jurisdictions creating friction/confusion, and other shit, we only catch them when we get a lucky break or they get stupid and leave a shitload of evidence behind. Usually a serial killer can operate for years before we catch them. We estimate there's a dozen or so serial killers working the length and breadth of the Appalachian Trail at any given time.
claim you pulled out of your ass.
>>
File: photo 3.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
photo 3.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>18653688
Why are gullible people so defensive and aggressive in their stupidity?

Do 5 minutes of ANY research into his fucking claims and start noticing all the inconsistencies.

Paulides says that his team rejects cases where there is proof of any mental illness. But, he told the story of Tristen Buddy Myers who, from a young age, displayed an inability to follow directions, having killed a dog out of anger, and having wandered off without telling anyone. He also says that it took longer for the dogs to return than it supposedly did according to the charleyproject.

The video in which he tells of Tristen and then later states his rejection of any cases where mental illness is present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpbtEiGVCpI

Which is contradicted by family members:

"Tristen's great-aunt and great-uncle say he was angry and disruptive while he lived with them. He hit other children and bit and scratched himself. He attacked and killed one of their dogs eleven days prior to his disappearance, and was taken to a psychiatric hospital to undergo a battery of tests. Doctors found that Tristen was emotionally and physically underdeveloped, but they were unable to do a complete evaluation of him as he could not seem to understand simple directions, and could speak only a few words. Three days after being released from the hospital, Tristen wandered away from his guardians' home. A neighbor found him half a mile away at a farm and returned him. Three days after that, he vanished for the final time."

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/myers_tristen.html
>>
File: 1413860241809.gif (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413860241809.gif
205KB, 500x500px
>>18655816
>>18656839
>>18654944
http://at-trail.blogspot.com/2011/08/death-on-appalachian-trail.html
Just a quick google and probable the most credible.
>>
>>18657922
anon did you paint that?
>>
>>18640301
I've actually read the eastern us book and half of the western one. SAR books say the kid under 5 (i believe) will 90% of the time be within 2 miles of where they went missing.
>>
>>18653925
not him but that's literally what happens. these cases were debunked fucking years ago. the ass holes that now populate /x/ are too obsessed with grandeur and decry the obvious. hell, certain molds and fungus eat flesh in similar fashions. and before you point it out, no, I'm not the failed fungi meme guy although those posts were funny.
>>
>>18641103
This. Especially the animal paths. In thick forests they look just like a "normal" path but most end abruptly or lead you deep into said forest or in most cases both.
>>
>>18642608
As some Anon above already said Animal paths/tracks are also a huge factor in this. For a layman those might look like "shortcuts" or other little paths/trails. Those things even fooled me a few times
>>
>>18650257
oh the good ol days of riding a shitty ass chinese moped around the city. Mine was always souped up as fuck and also loud as shit
>>
>>18639408
There are things out there in the wilderness that hunt people. When there is an excessive surplus of something, in this case, people, evolution moves to take advantage of that resource. Over thousands of years, things have evolved specifically to hunt humans.
>>
File: kappa.jpg (86KB, 750x560px) Image search: [Google]
kappa.jpg
86KB, 750x560px
>>18661918
>LARP
>>
>>18652196
easier explanation for nevada: most of it is shitty desert and owned by the feds. there's less people around to accidentally die.
>>
File: David_Paulides.jpg (173KB, 501x503px) Image search: [Google]
David_Paulides.jpg
173KB, 501x503px
ITT: Paulides and his army of nut-huggers BTFO.
>>
File: turtle.gif (1002KB, 298x351px) Image search: [Google]
turtle.gif
1002KB, 298x351px
>>18639323
Hey, OP. Try looking up any of these cases on your own and you'll quickly find that this David Paulides larping faggot embellishes the shit out of these cases and turns them into spooky campfire stories in order to get fucking rich.
>>
File: david_paulides_missing.jpg (110KB, 437x600px) Image search: [Google]
david_paulides_missing.jpg
110KB, 437x600px
>>18664960
P.S.

His other hobby, Bigfoot, is also completely fictitious.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skx8lQt8Vj8
>>
>>18664960
This is unfortunately true. He really stretches the true accounts and leaves out or changes important info.
>>
>>18639623
This is how he makes a living now. It was rude of the interviewer to entertain that idea in front of him. It's like telling a person that a robot can and will do your job better than you. If I say "fuck that" it's not rude. Just defending his career
>>
>>18639982

Get lost shill
>>
>>18640395

>spend time and effort doing something, expecting a return
>get mad that his effort costs twenty five dollars

Seriously fuck off
>>
I was listening to him talk about one of the people that dissapeared as a kid then was found miles away. He said he went to interview that person and when he asked what happened the person started sobbing then the interview was cut, so im assuming there was a part 2 of the interview where he talks about what happened? anyone know what im talking about?
>>
>>18639323
>no proof they were ever there.
Then how do we know they disappeared from a park?
>>
>>18642608
Why are you shilling for the government?
>>
>>18642623
>from my chair where my fatass sits without doing any research I'm calling bullshit

Yeah, ok
>>
i wish there was a version of these books just about the disappearances without his embellishing, because I do find the actual situation interesting on its own.

its obnoxious to read a real account of something youre interested in but have to take it with a big grain of salt. at least with something like the mothman prophecies the author has acknowledged hysteria, ufo phonies, and outside forces manipulating the situation. so you can sort of build from the ground up your belief in the anecdotes, since its a, presumably, skeptical investigation of something people, presumably, believe they experienced.

which of course can be used to manipulate someone into trusting the "investigator", which i feel paulides does. this feels like it's turning an occurrence into a "phenomenon" by connecting specifics and omitting details under the guise of scrutiny, expertise, and pursuit of the truth.
>>
>>18653260
You are a shit human being. I'm not saying you are insensitive or heartless. You are just worthless. You have no value. And you will contnue being worthless until you inevitably kill yourself. Then, at the very least, someone will get paid to bury your remains.
>>
>>18653509
>buttplate

You are retarded
>>
>>18654281
>he was wrong about a thing once

Well duh. Naturally I would have assumed that given he is human
>>
>>18647294
fuck, this sent chills down my spine

also, thank god something like this has never happened to me, my moped takes a few kicks to get it started. Would have probably ended up doing something stupid like flooding the cylinder and then getting mauled to death
>>
>retards go hiking on a mountain alone
>get eaten by a bear/mountain lion/wolves
>autists on an Arabic calculation board make up silly anduction stories about it
>>
>>18672488
>I am fucking retarded the post
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (100KB, 703x743px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
100KB, 703x743px
>>18641443
I hear your sister-wife has quite the bendysnatch
>>
>>18647693
Wrong.
>>
>>18661918
You mean other humans?
>>
>>18654114
the guy in the Guarapiranga case (which actually happened at a nearby reservoir, don't know why it's always misnamed) was taking sedatives, drank heavily and went semi-comatose in a marsh filled with insects, fish and scavenging animals.

in fact the first thing the recovery team remarked on was all the vultures present which had to be driven away from the carcass.
>>
>>18652733
you forgot
>why do people believe these fabricated/exaggerated cases?

Paulides is a money-grubbing shyster who cooked this all up himself and I love nothing more than watching Paulbots melt down in these threads when people point this out.
>>
>>18640416
Don't get mad. You guys have the best gay porn industry.
>>
>>18653894
its not just that people have got lost in the woods, its like 2 year old kid or very old woman goes missing within seconds and then there is no trace every found, no scent for dogs, no tracks, nothing

this kind of thing
>>
>>18641329
Nice fursuit head base, sistah.

Also, it all could be that nature is getting more aggressive towards humanity, since we are encroaching on places we shouldn't be. For example, while in the past a bear might have ignored a hunter, nowdays he's fair game.

This also correlates with the more frequent sightings of wild animals in human settlements, and how many of these animals aren't scared as humans as they used to be. Just mah 2 cents.
>>
>>18652585
That's how many carrion-feeding birds would mutilate a body. The most vulnerable areas are eaten first, such as the lips, eyes, and tongue.
>>
>>18674252
>t. bigfoot
>>
>>18652196
Is bigfoot afraid of tornadoes? What's up with tornado alley being completely empty?
>>
This topic right here is one of the most forbidden topics there is. Half the replies in this thread sound like shills. You can always tell by the shills

Nobody want you to find out the boogie man is real. Makes both you and the boogie man unhappy
>>
File: david paulides_without_HAIR.jpg (57KB, 720x414px) Image search: [Google]
david paulides_without_HAIR.jpg
57KB, 720x414px
>>18675967
>Half the replies in this thread sound like shills.

This. Constant shilling by these Paulides nuthuggers doesn't work anymore. Many people have taken an interest in this topic and have done their own research and as a result have exposed Paulides' misrepresentations and outright lies about many of the cases he discusses. It's no great feat really. It only takes 5 minutes to search the cases yourself and see the glaring inconsistencies.
>>
>>18674242

None of his injuries are consistent with insect or scavenger damage, and if they were, we would have never heard about that guy, and he would have been just another corpse found down there.
>>
>>18669774
>22:20
>tfw too smart to be kidnapped by stuff
>>
>>18674832
The problem becomes when those areas show signs of having been cut with a surgical precision, and not having been ripped out by a scavenger.
>>
>>18676480
>surgical precision
LOL
>>
>>18676630
>insects and vultures
LOL
>>
File: sweetfoot.jpg (12KB, 236x320px) Image search: [Google]
sweetfoot.jpg
12KB, 236x320px
>>18676732
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAH
AHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAH
HAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA
HAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAAH
HAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAH

•COUGHS•

HAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAH
HAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAH
HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAH
HAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHA
>>
File: Nothing to see here.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing to see here.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
>>18676870
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.