[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stonehenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

What's the deal with Stonehenge? What was it supposed to do?

>built somewhere around 3000 B.C.
>>
Resonance chamber. When chanting on different tones you create large amounts of resonance frequencies, so powerful they create energy. Giving the priests some ultra high sight.
>>
>>18634504
Hoax.
>>
It was a water tank. Large ring for summer flow, smaller inner ring for winter.
>>
>>18634523
Sounds so reasonable could you post moar
>>
>>18634504
Just moved close-ish to Stonehenge and interested in hearing you guys' thoughts, and other sites in the mainland U.K., stuff like Men-an-Tol, which supposedly also has some strange energy shit going on around it.
>>
>>18634942
How close? I'm 10 mins away on the A303.
>>
>>18634942
It is literally a bunch of rocks. It probably was meant to be a house or a religious place. Maybe even an art design but now it is just a pile of rocks
>>
>>18634942
You should look into vitrified forts if you want to explore unexplained/mystical architecture in the UK.
>>
>>18634966
I'm actually a couple hours away up in East Anglia but I plan on traveling a lot, especially if my plans for a tour fall through this weekend

>>18634968
>looks this up
Holy fuck that's awesome, I'll research it a little more
>>
>>18634926

Dense stone has been known to be really well tonal resonators for big, big frequencies that our ears cannot even pick up. The resonating waves act like a form of radio transmittion and with enough force behind it you can do some serious magic like levitation, free energy, manipulation of materials without even touching them. The ancient civilizations knew this.

https://youtu.be/p8KWp61co1A?t=13m30s
>>
>>18635115
ah you must be american, East Anglia is not close in UK terms!

There are stone circles and ancient burial mounds everywhere in Britain, if you buy an OS map you'll see plenty of markings labelled 'tumulus' or 'ancient circle'. I would recommend buying one of these maps if you plan on exploring a new area.
>>
File: IMG_2375.gif (132KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2375.gif
132KB, 600x600px
>>18634504
Well, it's level even though it's on a hill. It's an interesting site. I have heard it was built as an attraction. That it's basically a big fake for tourism in an area that had little physical history to speak of. Not saying it's what I believe, but have heard from people that seem convinced that it is a fabricated "ancient" mystery. That someone used modern construction equipment to make it. Used local stones. With a crane it's a solvable mystery. It's believable in terms of such theories, I suppose.
>>
File: rejected.jpg (17KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
rejected.jpg
17KB, 300x195px
>>18634504
Maybe these will help
>>
>>18634504
it's a star calendar to mark when the druids should sacrifice an animal to the gods during their pagan festivals.
>>
>>18635190
oh wow so suspicious that they would use a STAR calendar when travelling into the STARS.
>>
>>18635125
It's practically on the other side of the flipping country. And they're massively underestimating just how long it takes to get there.

>>18635115
Go to Bath and book like a coach tour that leaves from the near the cathedral and includes entry to Stone Henge. That way you can check out Bath at the same time without a massive amount of hassle.
>>
>>18635125
Thanks, and yeah I am American. I thought it would be easy and take maybe 6 hours to drive from Lands End to John O Groats, but I thought wrong! Going to have to look into getting one, where would I do that? Can't I mail in for one? I'm stationed here and stuck at the moment

>>18635190
Come on, senpai. The military loves to embellish their shit for giggles. I've seen people fresh out of boot camp with patches that have aliens with chains around their neck and UFOs, but ask yourself, if NASA did know about some spooky connection between Stonehenge and the moon, would they literally wear it on their sleeves?

>>18635203

Tsoukalos pls go
>>
>>18635228
>>18635190
They're meant to show progress, like going from rocks to rockets. Like in 2001 by Stanley Kubrick.

I would guess they were rejected on account of being way too British and stonehenge not being the oldest structure or even the most advanced structure of that period.
>>
>>18635228
LOL dude if I was Tsoukalos I would be saying it's evidence of ancient aliens. it's a fucking star calendar. when the planets are in certain phases and you stand at the center facing the sacrificial block they will align with the center holes, that means you are supposed to sacrifice an animal.
>>
>>18635228
If you're military then your base will have hundreds of copies of Ordinance Survey maps, if not they are easily ordered online ordnancesurvey.co.uk
>>
Stonehenge was created by the refugees of Atlantis to act as an anchor of
the Light, where all Light healers on Earth could connect with. Stonehenge
became the centre of the Light on Earth. Between each standing stone were
huge double terminated Clear Quartz crystals that were buried in the ground
and in the centre of the circle stood a huge generator Clear Quartz crystal.

Inside each standing stone there are etherical Clear Quartz generators. Seen
ethereally Light poured into the main generator crystal and then radiated
between and through the standing stones out to all corners of the Earth and
all the Light healers on Earth. In this way connection was maintained to
continue the purpose of restoring Light on Earth.

Sadly the non light found Stonehenge and destroyed all the huge crystals,
they then went and killed all the druids and Light healers that worked with
Stonehenge. This was the end of Stonehenge and it was a dark time in the
history of the Light.. as now it become very hard to anchor Light to Earth.

If people wonder how the refugees of Atlantis managed to create Stonehenge
itself: they had the ability of Light toning, a kind of magick song that is able
to lift boulders of any weight into the air and into their intended place on the
ground. All they had to do was shape the stones and then lift them into their
places through Light magick song. Remember that the Light magick on Earth
had not been blocked yet at this time, so magick was still common practice,
the non light used dark magick and we used Light magick.
>>
File: irish-coaches-newgrange-1.jpg (166KB, 1020x534px) Image search: [Google]
irish-coaches-newgrange-1.jpg
166KB, 1020x534px
>>18635655
>Stonehenge was created by the refugees of Atlantis
Irish confirmed for more advanced than Atlanteans.
>>
>>18635160
I thought Stonehenge was special because the stone used wasn't found anywhere close to local that the ancients would have had to move it countless miles without cranes and such.
>>
It was a place the ancients made to communicate with the fallen angels.

>its really that simple
>it was dedicated to them
>and they "came down" to meet their worshipers
>>
>>18634504
It's where vampirism began.
>>
>>18637641
Yeah.

I think that guy is misremembering some crap too. It's thought to be an ancient tourist attraction, a bit like a prehistoric Las Vegas. People would go there on holiday pretty much and do crap like fuck and gamble and get drunk.
>>
Know what would be cool? If we arranged a massive /x/ meeting at stonehenge.
>>
>>18638068
... no? Ok.
>>
>>18634967
this, only it's more involved than previously thought. archaeologists recently found evidence of wooden structors about 2 miles away from stonehenge, and very faint evidence of wooden trail posts leading in the direction of stonehenge. this suggests that stonehenge was the final point of a religious procession, similar to the ancient cults of greece, where worshipers would begin their rites in one spot and then make their way to a final, grand place of worship. it was a huge undertaking, and we can only guess as to the specific religious beliefs these people had (though elemental-based reverence seems most likely).

there was nothing paranormal in the construction of these monuments (no ancient aliens), but i personally believe they were used to instigate paranormal activities.

google woodhenge if you wanna find out more.
>>
>>18634504
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiho4yK_pXSAhXCLyYKHUuzCnAQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fold.world-mysteries.com%2Falignments%2Fmpl_restorations.htm&psig=AFQjCNGgnnE6wAEQoJ27xdx5dxAXmBtzyA&ust=1487381229889622

its been "rebuilt" several times. how accurately is debateable. The materials, questionable.
>>
>>18634504
Not much of consequence since they obviously already could tell the seasons began (when to plant, when to harvest).
I'd say is was more stupid tech that never helped the poor and the hungry. I'm so sick of seeing money wasted on stupid shit while people live and die on the streets, in the winter (while some people have heated garages for their dead cars that don't care). People have a lot to pay for.
>>
>>18640351
>I'd say is was more stupid tech that never helped the poor and the hungry
poor and hungryfag detected
>>
>>18634504
It was my house, but I had to move out when some moron made it a tourist attraction.

Please leave my house alone.
>>
>>18634504
Sundial/calendar that tells them when the equinox occurs so they can plant their crops and not starve. A boring explanation but simplicity is appealing.
>>
>>18640253

Most of these ancient ruins were probably built during the Renaissance onwards, as theatrical props to sell a faked history. They had the skills and resources to fake anything. Dickheads like Plato and the Pharaohs were made-up characters to try and convince people that we were always boot-licking morons. This still goes on today. Our political leaders are really actors, and their stories a soap opera.
>>
File: 1468536597272.gif (2MB, 245x295px) Image search: [Google]
1468536597272.gif
2MB, 245x295px
>>18635190

Fake Stonehenge on the patch for a fake space mission.
>>
>>18634504

There's something buried in the center
>>
>>18641677
These types of conspiracies are a modern invention. The earliest instances of tribal leaders and "big-men" go back to pre-historic times. There have always been people appointed as leaders, and thus the oppression of those on the lower social hierarchies followed. As civilization grew, these big-men gained more and more power, usually through religious ideology (like the whole "divine right" thing kings and pharohs always claimed).

The corruption is very real. Sure, Plato may not have been real, but the 5000 years of Egyptian pharohs have most definitely not been faked. I simply cannot imagine a bunch of Rennaisance era dudes coming together to create these monuments at great expense for no reason other than to somehow relate them to their own points of power. It makes no god damn sense. Henry VIII didn't give a shit about the relevance of ancient ruins and i doubt any other kings did either
>>
>>18634784
Would there have been wood where there are holes now?
>>
It was built by giants, pagan magick rituals and human sacrifice took place there.
>>
>>18643533
Uh, except the PANDORICA!
>>
>>18635160
When I was in eighth grade my Geography teacher told us people can't even go to Stonehenge because people were vandalizing the stones the government wanted it preserved. That the only people allowed to actually go to the location are modern day Druids who think it's magical or some shit.

What's the druids' opinion on it, I'd like to know. Is it just the usual pagan "it's weird so it's magic"?
>>
>>18644797
You can go to Stonehenge just fine, been there myself. There's a little rope around it keeping visitors a few feet back, like they have at art museums. Doesn't stop anybody from getting a close look.

"Modern druids" are just hippies that are fond of roleplaying. They have a festival or two every year on the grounds, but they still respect the rope.
>>
>>18634527
This. Stonehenge was actually built by college students in the 1950s.
>>
>>18643838
>Plato might not have been real
Are you stupid?
>>
File: 1470862929046.jpg (110KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1470862929046.jpg
110KB, 894x894px
>>18640351

>People have a lot to pay for.

You should teach them a lesson, for all of us

Youll be our hero
>>
way older, by tens of thousands of years
>>
>>18644820
https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-stonehenge-fake-restored-with-concrete-in-the-1950s.t4443/

Kind of right. It's been around centuries but was restored
>>
>>18645866
I was actually joking, though I guess it can be hard to tell on /x/. I had no idea that was something people believed.
>>
File: finding.png (2MB, 1180x1073px) Image search: [Google]
finding.png
2MB, 1180x1073px
>>
>>18640351
money is a spook, someone shoulda taught those peasants how to be self sufficient.
>>
>>18634504
Ancient religious place and solar calendar thingy. Now it's an archaelogic site and fantasy target place for New Age role players.
>>
>>18643850
Yes, wood and other materials. The top is level and has marking from wear at the points of contact. The method is still used in the mountains of Afghanistan and surrounding region. It was the water supply for a city with a population more than 100,000. What other resource could motivate such effort?
>>
>>18649372
>Yes, wood and other materials. The top is level and has marking from wear at the points of contact. The method is still used in the mountains of Afghanistan and surrounding region. It was the water supply for a city with a population more than 100,000. What other resource could motivate such effort?

this would make me so happy if true. all those larping "druids" btfo
>>
>>18634504
In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people... the Druids.
No one knows who they were or what they were doing, but their legacy remains, hewn into the living rock, of Stonehenge.
>>
>>18635115
>>18634968
The people of the time would have been able to do it. It's not really a mystery, they just don't know WHICH method was used.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.