[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spirituality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: religion and new age.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
religion and new age.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
So Anons, for thousands perhaps millions of years Humans have followed different religious and none religious practices to express their spirituality. However every religion claims it is the only true way in one means or another. Then there is the new age/old age movement with endless strings to this which seems to be its own religion also. So what i am trying to say is that there are so many different paths to follow in spirituality, the only real thing that seems to be true is that they are all wrong or all right... So basically whatever you believe is true? Its just so wishy washy, I'm trying to follow the path of spirituality but don't even know were it starts. I do not want to just follow blindly teachings of men pretending to know the answers. Maybe i am arrogant/ignorant please help me. What are your understandings Anons, how do you express yourself and find fulfillment in this way.
>>
File: 7bc.jpg (5KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
7bc.jpg
5KB, 165x115px
>>18631243
>>
>>18631243
An intersection has many entrances and exits. It doesn't mean that they all take you to the same place. Look at where you want to go and take that direction. Then drink some bleach to find out if you're right.
>>
It's more like for thousands of years politicians and social manipulators have twisted religions against one another for personal gain. Then for whatever reason ignorant people blame a religion rather than the people who hijacked it in the first place.
>>
>>18631317
so are the original texts there, how are they manipulated?
>>
>>18631243
I feel you bro. Every teaching calls the others liers. Life was simpler when you don't look at the big picture.
>>
>>18631344
Ahhh welcome to the thread brother. Im trying to find out about this big picture and whats at the end of the rainbow, hurts my noggin.
>>
>>18631243
What is chaos magic for 100points
>>
>>18631393
I have heard the term floating around this board, magic is magic anon since it is not proven there is no need to differ between the types. I am guessing chaos magic is another name for dark magic or voodoo/voodun. Enlighten me.
>>
>>18631243
Try theosophy, Vaishnavism, or Hermeticism

They wrap up everything into one easily understandable bundle, but it took me studying Buddhism first for me to completely understand them.

also chant Hare Krishna, if all else fails Krishna will guide you in the right direction
>>
>>18631422
I will google that Anon thanks. Also Hare Krishna is in Hinduism, + what if demon *shiver*. I lean towards Jesus since i like him. I ask him to show me the way tho i am not Christian but believe he existed and believe he had great understanding and knowledge more so then anybody else. This could be due to the fact that i attended Church when i was young for a couple of years. But also i just really like him, dunno what religion did to his message or true intent tho.
>>
>>18631444
Krishna has roots in Hinduism but it's sort of branched out as a separate group since the 60s. Hinduism believes that the quest for the self is the ultimate goal in life, while Vaishnavism and the Hare Krishna Movement believes that offering yourself to the service of the supreme god and attaining god consciousness is the highest goal. Whether you want to call the supreme god Krishna, Jehovah, Allah, or whatever personification you prefer, god is god regardless of religion.

As for Christ, that's a more complicated case to explain that Theosophy explains quite well through it's seven rays concept. Christ is a historical figure but more importantly it's a component of your own psyche. God's nature is love, and therefore cannot be known through knowledge or wisdom as far as I understand, only through the heart. Therefore, in order to communicate with god you need a medium of sorts in order to "translate" the perfected love of god into knowledge. Christ is the translator or messenger of god, he's the Logos, he's Hermes. To paint you an example of what I mean by this consider the meaning of words. You don't KNOW the meaning of words by way of knowledge, only by way of intuition. The actual unknowable meaning of words represents god, the thing that has real substance. But of course you can't know this real substance without a medium first, so we must use language, Logos, or Christ in order to conceptualize it.

I prefer Krishna as my god personification because Krishna is personable and easy to establish a relationship with. Chanting the Hare Krishna mantra itself also has given me significant results that has led me to staying with Krishna.

hare krishna
>>
>>18631518
Thank you Anon i don't know if its because im over cautious but my brain tells me not to repeat it encase I'm summoning demon energy, however im sure this is just an irrational fear but i will still stick to Christ his soul seems so beautiful.
>>
>>18631518
Can i ask you of your results on the chant of Hare Krishna? Thank you.
>>
File: 1482079200514.png (2MB, 1394x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482079200514.png
2MB, 1394x2048px
Start with mindandmagick's YouTube channel. Watch the first few videos. He is a practicing magician, but you don't need to be (I'm not).

Next, start meditation. I can give you some pointers if you like. Do this every day. Time is not important, just getting into the habit.

Then just start diving in. I began with the Tao teh ching and Buddhism. They are more philosophy than "repent ye sinner" types of religion. Alan Watts was great for introducing eastern philosophy to Westerners and has a lot of talks on YouTube.

From there, go where you want. I am going down the occult rabbit hole. Hermeticism is a great and cohesive philosophy that follows modern science.

I can't tell you any divine truths except that what I have gathered is the universe is in constant flux, all truth is subjective, and to stay loving and compassionate.
>>
>>18631518
>I prefer Krishna as my god personification because...
Why do you need a personification? For me, God is the universal awareness of the moment, it's who/ what 'you' really are once you shed all your baggage. The mind of the universe expressed as the universe.

>>18631753
>Alan Watts was great for introducing eastern philosophy to Westerners and has a lot of talks on YouTube.
I also highly recommend Alan Watts, the 'out of your mind' lecture series is great, might be on tpb if not on youtube.

>I can't tell you any divine truths except that what I have gathered is the universe is in constant flux, all truth is subjective, and to stay loving and compassionate.
Good advice.

Go your own way OP, the way of no ways, like Bruce Lee said; take that which useful, reject that which is not, add that which is essentially your own. Just read whatever you are interested in and your spirituality will build itself.
>>
>>18631243
Spirituality doesn't have much to do with religion, this is why you are confused. Spirituality is essentially just a deep feeling of fulfillment. There are plenty of scientists that are not at all religious but still talk about their spiritual fulfillment in making new discoveries. You just need to find something that you find fulfilling, maybe even choose your own path instead of having a priest choose it for you.
>>
>>18631406

Chaos magic is more of an attempt to find common formulas in high/kabbalist magic - as far as I can tell.

Most magic follows a few steps. Find your intent, do a ritual (this impregnates the subconscious with the thought), forget about it.

I'm trying out quariea.com now. It's a free self initiation course on magic, with less firm adherence to established forms of magic.
>>
>>18631705
Not really communicable things, largely gnosis and fixing my own personality flaws. However last night I had a vivid astral projection experience in a dream as a result of chanting during the dream. Just chanting mentally it during decent length meditation sessions will result in a noticeably different state of consciousness.

>>18631801
>Why do you need a personification?
It's much easier to generate love for god once you personify god. It's certainly hard to love an abstract concept. It's about building a personal relationship between you and Krishna and getting to know him.

>it's who/ what 'you' really are once you shed all your baggage
Identifying yourself with god is a half-truth. The spirit of my creator is inherent within me and yet I am not he.
>>
>>18631705
>>18632243
I suppose it's allowed me to work with my subtle body a great deal more as well. Although I'm hardly enlightened, I've felt the fetters of my mind become broken through subtle body work and gnosis. All my spiritual advancements I considered to be the sole result of Krishna
>>
Yoga worked for me as a practice and method based path. You don't have to believe anything, just be diligent about the work. My experience and interpretation of this path is that you are working on bringing the life energies to a certain pitch while also clearing the blockages that impede their flowing. This raises the consciousness to a point where God-realization happens naturally. Tat tvam asi! Thou art that!
>>
File: Pancha-Tattva.jpg (602KB, 1070x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pancha-Tattva.jpg
602KB, 1070x768px
>>18631243
Religion is like dieting and exercise. Spirituality is like being healthy. There are many ways to properly diet and exercise, but they are all meant to get you to be healthy. If you see a "diet and exercise" program that isn't getting its adherents to "be healthy" then it isn't a very good program. However, just because you find a program that shows people getting healthy, it may not work for you. And even if you find a program that shows results and works for you - you shouldn't go around thinking it's the ONLY program that works.

And to make it REALLY fun, the idea of what "being healthy" means - in bodily health AND in spirituality - doesn't seem to be reaching a conclusive consensus. This is the part where you need to start thinking and believing on your own. But that's also the fun part - a life unexamined and all that.

>>18631444
>Also Hare Krishna is in Hinduism
If the source upsets you, take the precepts of bhakti and apply it to the mythological frame of your choice. I firmly believe bhakti could even be applied to an atheistic framework, if one views Krishna through the lens of the Universal Form.

>I lean towards Jesus since i like him.
Bhakti yoga would say to devote yourself to Jesus. Live with him always in your consciousness, offer all your actions as service to Him. Jesus gave a "mantra" to his followers - the Lord's Prayer - so if you wish to incorporate chanting (I highly recommend) you could use this. I feel the disciplic succession of Christianity has been broken, and its esoteric aspects mostly lost due to this. But that doesn't stop the seed of devotion from growing with proper awareness and dedication.
>>
File: Krishna cowherd boys.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna cowherd boys.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>18631801
>Why do you need a personification?
Intimacy. There are many souls (infinite, really) whose relationship with the Absolute Truth is passive in nature. As an impersonal conception, this is known as Brahman Realization in Gaudiya Vaishnavism. A mixture of this and personalization is known as Santa Rasa, or neutral love of God. We feel above and "more complete" than this is a relationship of loving exchanges between the self and the Supreme Self. The eternal part working in loving service to the Eternal Whole.

>>18631911
>Spirituality doesn't have much to do with religion
I kind of agree. Religion is a code of ethics and ritual meant to guide a society toward some ideal. Spirituality is a sense of understanding the self's true nature, place, and purpose within existence. Religion can give a sense of spirituality, though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.