[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Vibes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: pmd1.jpg (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pmd1.jpg
550KB, 1920x1080px
Do the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games give anyone else weird vibes? I've always felt an eerie connection to them, ever since they came out.

General eerie video game discussion welcome.
>>
go back to your containment board: >>>/vp/
>>
>>18628869
It's probably the memory of you playing in your uncle's mystery dungeon that makes you feel icky when you play
>>
I have been replaying GTA: SA, and damn, I don't remember it being so creepy and desolate. The desert and woods are pretty unnerving - vehicles spawn at random, lots of creepy easter eggs like the body bags.

The whole city has a glow at night, and the whole game has really dark shaders considering it's supposed to be in a sunny environment.

Makes me miss staying up late at night watching those myth hunting videos (every single one used the goddamn X-Files theme), good times..
>>
>>18628869
this is interesting, when the game came out i was a kid, i was immediately fascinated, so different and atmospheric. That game made me feel good, very nostalgic to me, not sure about eerie, but odd.
>>
>>18628869
The story is somewhat esoteric, and it's a dungeon crawler, of course it has an eerie vibe.
>>
>>18628948
that game always gave me similar vibes. i remember going to the top of the mountain and just feeling so alone, and it seemed like it was always cloudy or raining.
>>
>>18628869

I've experienced so many strange vibes from video games and other media, especially when I was younger. Off the top of my head, I can think of playing Secret of Mana as a kid... hitting those rabite creatures gave me a strange strong "refreshing" sense. The best way I can describe it is my mind taking a bite out of the freshest crispest most watery piece of lettuce ever and orgasming over it. I know, it sounds strange.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>
>>18628869
damn man...
eerie vibes from a video game...
making you feel uncomfortable...
the very definition of paranormal...
gotta be some sick creepypasta in here somewhere...
truly /x/...
>>
Mario Paint for SNES had an eerie vibe at times
>>
That's a similar feeling I get when I play majority of the Genesis' library. Something like Alisa Dragoon or Elemental Master would give me the is eerie this feelkng.
>>
Well, what else would come from a game meant to give influence to One of the Three?

It's Pokemon, that means Satoshi - goddamn, this isn't hard to figure out
>>
File: RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 ss1.jpg (150KB, 666x533px) Image search: [Google]
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 ss1.jpg
150KB, 666x533px
Whenever you would zoom out as far as you could in the original two Roller Coaster Tycoons and you'd see an empty dead forest around your amusement park. That sort of gave me the creeps as a kid. Made the surrounding world seem eerie and soulless.
>>
>>18628869
Spoilers ahead

In the latest version of the series a villain rips the souls from you and your teamate's bodies, turning them to stone. I assume the behind this has something to do with the whole the soul gives like to clay, japs have this thing in refercing the bible in their games.

Anyway you wake up in some sort of hellish landscape, which turns out to be using the emotional suffering of the trapped Pokemon to power a deity of sorts, which I've actually read about during my late night learning and apparently it's quite efficient to do so since the soul is no longer fueling a physical body, pocket size universe, etc.

When you're making your way through, you come across a new enemy which is basically a black slime version of x Pokemon. You soon find out that they're were just like you but become nothing but hatred/angry. With my late night schooling again I read something which was very similar, the pdf I was reading talked about travelling down to the very bottom of the astral planes. One could find theres a endless sea of souls who are just puddle of black slime and became addicted to pleasure and lust.

It's not wise to travel to see the pit because rumours say they'll try and drag you down to their level, similar things to happen in the game too.

Sorry for the 4am error filled ramble.
>>
>>18628948
>the car without a driver
>>
>>18628948
All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ!
>>
TLOZ: Majora's Mask had that vibe to me. I think the only game that had a similar vibe in my life is TES: Morrowind.

MM setting was unlike, and still is, any other Zelda game. The whole of Ikana was creepy as fuck considering the standards of back then. The whole "you only have 3 days to live" pressure was to real for young bucks like myself who still was around 10 y/o ATM.

I still remember Rani and her alien incident if you failed her quest. Shit got real in vidya then. IMO realest game ever, Morrowind comes second with their whole "you can kill everyone if you can" mechanics.
>>
File: 9jf70p.jpg (136KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9jf70p.jpg
136KB, 1280x1024px
>>18628948
>The whole city has a glow at night,
I don't think Rockstar added nighttime textures for the environment. So you get bright sunny buildings even in the dead of night or in a rainstorm. Red sky effect really brings them out, makes everything look like a desolate wasteland.

I don't think video games can genuinely creep me out, unless it's a "falling through the map" or "going where you shouldn't be" glitch. Maybe it's just me, but those can be really unnerving.
>>
>>18632381
>glitches

The funniest part of any multiplayer game

In terms of graphical errors, no clipping and awkward ragdoll positions, those are my favorite
>>
>>18628869
how /x/ are the stalker games?
i've just started playing the series.
anything spooky to watch out for?
>>
>>18633233
VERY VERY SPOOPY do not ask for spoilers
>>
For the most part I just get a strange "empty" vibe when playing some games.
>>
>>18633233
If you like Fallout, you'll probably like STALKER series. It's a spoopy series.

Just be careful, I quicksaved crouched in a pipe and got stuck there. Had to restart from the beginning. It has more glitches than a Bethesda game - some fun, some not.
>>
>>18630538
same here! I always wished there was at least a highway or something next to it. I hate the park in the middle of the woods.
>>
>>18628874
There's another board here right now that we should be much more concerned about getting back to their containment board...
>>
>>18629362
this.
The feeling of being in a big dungeon with up to 99 floors until you either beat it or give up and loose all progress is pretty unique.
It's also a bit weird in this game, that outside of dungeons you can talk to every pokemon, but inside there are only enemies.
Not creepy or anything, but it certainly has a weird isolated feel to it.
>>
>>18632353
This, MM had some thing off about it.
>>
>>18634274
I suffered that too. Got stocked on a pipe while looting and surveying underground sewers. Crouched most of the time. Got to start again. Played hardcore fnv.
>>
>>18628891
lol
>>
>>18629967
2spoopy4me
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 400x293px
Out of all the vidya i played, Earthbound is the one i found that had a really eerie something to it

The further you get in the game, the weirder the eerieness get

Also, Lavender town's song, creepyspaghetti aside
>>
The skyboxes in spyro are pretty and all, but there's always a moment when you've killed all the enemies and the music briefly fades out where you feel overwhelmingly alone
>>
>>18636217
Forgot pic
>>
These fuckers from Rayman 3
>>
>>18628869
I always felt like Grovyle in PMD2 used to be your partner as a Treecko in PMD1. The meteorite wasn't the only thing threatening the world which is the real reason why you return. Fast forward and both you and your partner are in your 2nd stage evos where the incident resets your level and turns you into a completely different Pokemon, putting an official end to your original rescue team.
>>
>>18636743
I mean PMD seems to take place in the distant future when the human race is wiped out, with the labs as friend zones are located in a place that is labeled as ruins. PMD2 has no humans so it wouldn't make sense for one to exist even if it's an alternate future, which is why it leads me to believe that the human and Grovyle were the team in PMD1.
>>
https://youtu.be/-sOadAaGiq4

Put it on repeat as you go to sleep with headphones on.
>>
>>18629960
Secret of Mana is pure you mong, stop making it into creepy pasta. Legend of Mana is the best, Lumina, Domina. dub a dub dud.
>>
>>18636870
Not trying to make it into some creepypasta... just remembered that it's one of the things that gave me a weird vibe. Hell, it's even a good vibe that I got from it.

.... really miss that game now
>>
>>18636366
oh yeah those unslayable cunts
>>
File: taste the rainbow.gif (2MB, 434x254px) Image search: [Google]
taste the rainbow.gif
2MB, 434x254px
>>18634848

it was the niggers all along
>>
>>18629992
i know what you mean
on another note that damn fly swatting game is anxiety incarnate
>>
>>18640605
>fly swatting game

Why must you trigger my PTSD?
>>
>>18636118
Mother 2 is a great game, but I've never got any weird vibes from it personally.
>>
File: 3ih_nettori_mf_thm.jpg (40KB, 644x343px) Image search: [Google]
3ih_nettori_mf_thm.jpg
40KB, 644x343px
>>18628869
Metroid Fusion was quite the experience back in the days and replaying it was still a lot of fun.
It gives me the creepy, isolated in space vibes I really liked about the original Alien movie, which was a huge inspiration for the Meteoid franchise to begin with.
Grab yourself a GBA emulator and play it, one of my fav games eternally.
>>
>>18633233
https://youtu.be/D65KOzA5tBE
>>
The first Silent Hill has a very eerie vibe to it
>>
I know exactly what you mean OP. Thinking back on PMD I always feel that kind of eerie but also heartwarming feel. The whole game felt kinda solitary but in a good way, with its own sort of calmness.
>>
>>18633896
I think this is due to some games failure to properly set up an atmosphere
>>
>>18628869
I feel the same way, though it's more nostalgic at this point since I haven't played in forever.
It just felt like such a long, sort of lonely, journey with you and your pokemon-friends.

I would say the more eerie thing is that for most of the game your partner pokemon speaks a lot to you, and there is a lot of dialogue. But then later down the road the game the amount of original dialogue cuts off completely.

That and all the pokemon you recruit in the dungeons and stuff all feel pretty "fake" too compared to your partner.
>>
>>18645778
I agree with that, I just finished up my run of Red Rescue Team, and now it feels all the more empty. Still a fun game, but that connection is just a bit less complete.
>>
>>18636118
EB's weirdness was part of what gave it such a unique charm, nothing really "off" or "dark" about it since the weirdness is all intentional.
>>
File: blogger-image--1196613014.jpg (103KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--1196613014.jpg
103KB, 640x456px
ill never forget the feeling i got from this. cloud's identity slowly unraveling and others slowly coming together.

this was before spoilers so it hit that much harder.
>>
>>18628869
>eerie connection
Wtf does that even mean?
>>
>>18649540
I began to try to give my take on it to answer you, and then realized I had no idea what I was saying.

What even does that mean OP?
>>
>>18628869
>eerie
More like comfy as fuck
pmd is the best pokemon spinoff game
>>
>>18651713
If we are talking comfy games, can anyone beat katamari?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.