[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for a newb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I have just gotten into the occult, point me in the right direction /x/. I have been meditating daily for the better part of a year and have been reading up on magickal theory.

What should I do? What should I avoid? Am I just willingly giving myself mental illness?
>>
>>18627032
>What should I do?
End your life
>What should I avoid?
Living
>Am I just willingly giving myself mental illness?
You are here, so, yeah
>>
>>18627032
>Am I just willingly giving myself mental illness?

Look at the world around you, how it functions, where the occults position is in it, how those who follow the occult explain its many nuances to themselves. Ask yourself the above question honestly.

Then you'll have all the answers.
>>
>>18627032
try hoodoo and santeria.
>>
>>18627032
Smoke wheat everryday niqqa
>>
>>18627032
If you wish to pursue a spiritual path, you are doing great. Keep meditating and try lucid dreaming, astral projection, and chaos magick. I would avoid curses as they always backfire onto you, I know this from personal experience. As far as the mental illness question, stay skeptical, as a start I might add that your brain is still physical and your dreams mostly have no meaning; don't bring meaning and nuance to things that don't have them; keep things simple.

Good luck.
>>
>>18627032
Always been partial to ted andrews and israel regardie myself.

So what are you reading and how do you meditate?
>>
File: 1468150383296.jpg (34KB, 712x432px) Image search: [Google]
1468150383296.jpg
34KB, 712x432px
meditate on this symbol initiate, imagine your energy flowing into it
>>
>>18628210
>So what are you reading and how do you meditate?

I've been doing zen and vipassana meditation and reading R. Kirk Packwood
>>
>>18628260
What does this do?
>>
>>18628367
>Human Social Transcendence: a Blueprint for the Activation of Higher Order Humanity and the establishment of Utopian Societies

Wew Lad

I'll admit to having no idea who Packwood is, or from what background or basis he's writing. But I'll give him points for the title.

Looking through the discussions about him on the web, looks like he started with 8 circuit mode of consciousness, took a wrong turn through chaos magic and "meme" magic, and ran straight into /pol/ territory.

Anyway, you're farther east then I am. But Occultism and magic library threads are leaning that way, so you may want to check that out the next time Ape post's one. His library has a wealth of books. In the mean time, here's something a bit more grounded in the theory department to the magical post humanist https://youtu.be/oUFiq6xm0gY
>>
>>18628474
That was a really good and informative post.

Have a 1907 arthouse short as a thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTq9a5BAmQ
>>
>>18628260

DELETE THIS
>>
My advice would do not constrict yourself spiritually with someone else's rules .
Everyone on here seems to just be Larping in all actuality ! "You can't just channel a demon like that you have to have years of experience blah blah blah " old occult fags bitter they've never actually experienced anything relevant so they boss around newfags !
>>
>>18628260
Sky top view of a Hyrulian Tennis court nice !
>>
>>18629766
Truth! Others' rules are guidelines, just know to check yo self...
I experienced blis pretty quickly in the beginning of my meditation practice when I would read it could take a long time.

>>18627032
Experiment with different methods. Try sound, chanting, different breathe, visualization, viz + emotions / feelings. Practice manifestation of simple things, pattern recognition, emotion control. The foundational basics of self empowerment. Jump from there. Discover your path.
>>
>>18627032

I have to ask, what changes have you noticed in yourself after a year of meditating? Who are you now in comparison to before you started?
>>
>>18628260
I haven't seen goatse in years, kudos.
>>
>>18631456
>a year of meditating
Not quite a year, it's only been 6-7 months. I've noticed im less inclined to careless or harmful thoughts and actions, I've tried to stop myself from putting down others and ego-building in social situations and and have stopped perpetuating and being influenced by blatant memetic thought viruses when I notice them.

I still find myself lying often however, which I feel like could be hindering my growth, although that's somewhat necessary.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.