[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problems with void meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1486795389281.gif (191KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486795389281.gif
191KB, 500x350px
Pic not related; don't waste time and energy to download it.

I have a mind which is constantly in thoughts. I just can't stop thinking. I want to practice going into a trance, void meditation, etc., but I cannot because I can't focus; there's a constant flow of thoughts in my mind which I cannot control. Whenever I try to visualise something, my thoughts shatter it. I think I might be different because I cannot control my thoughts; it has helped me in life a lot.
But its not helping me now. How do I keep my thoughts in control? How do I keep focus during void meditation? Please help me.
>>
Please halp
Bump
>>
>>18622346
The problem seems to be you don't know how to meditate not the thoughts focus on feeling of the thing you want to evoke if you can't do that it will shatter
>>
>>18622364
How do I meditate lol
>>
>>18622346
1.) It's not about control.
2.) All things are in constant motion, even your thoughts
3.) Trance and void meditation are not the same thing

I would not recommend void meditation as it's ignoring the thoughts you're having, which are literally the basics of what make you, you, at any point in time. Perhaps try focusing on what makes nothingness to you? Science says that there really is no such thing, as there are always forces at work. Perhaps a dark ocean in which there is a gentle current pulling in many different directions (your thoughts)?
>>
>>18622374
I have no idea how I could imagine nothing. Its a really difficult thing.
>>
>>18622384
Exactly. The simple act of imagining produces something. The best anyone can do is achieve absolute nirvana, enlightenment, oneness, joy, etc.
>>
I know the feeling OP. I can't figure out how to do that, ether.
>>
Don't try and picture nothingness. Focus on your breathing. Think about that and keeping it in time. And picture a color. An orb of color in your minds eye. Focus on that. The first color you think of tends to be the color of your soul. Use that to drown out other thoughts. And in a pinch, thinking the opposite of what you just randomly thought will cancel it out and drive it from your mind. A few tips that helped me out in the beginning.
>>
>>18622418
I'm not OP but I'll try that. I think I might have ADD, to be honest. It has it's benefits creatively and in keeping myself entertained, but it also makes focusing on anything for long almost impossible. I wonder if it's the same for OP.

Maybe we can reprogram our brains.
>>
>>18622346
i don't know shit about meditation, but maybe you just have to let your thoughts flow. Maybe you just have to not control them.
>>
>>18622372
when you want to create something in your mind focus on what you know about it not in what you don't even if all you know is a feeling it caused when you interacted with it. Words are useless
>>
>>18622346
Take a bath or somethinf and just focus on being in the moment and not doing anything. Also do stretches before so youre not stiff
Id also say get a massage bro thats the best
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.