[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I have complete access to memory while lucid dreaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

I'm sleeping less at night so I can have naps during the day.
I want to get better at lucid dreaming.
So far I've had a few short lucid dreams but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
I can listen to real life music in perfect quality.
Can I have access to visual memory as well?
During the day I can see the outline of pages from textbooks.
I was wondering whether during lucid dreams this could get better to the point of seeing all of it.
I know there are other methods but I'm specifically interested in this one.
Thanks.
>>
Lucid dreamer here, not a pro tho:

> Listen to music at perfect quality
Yes, real and not real music. It's incredible how your mind can create a song in real time.

>Visual memory
Well, this is weird. Yes, many things are created using your memory, but most are mixed, some are not real, etc.

>Complete access to memory

I think not, I tried to remember things while dreaming and it goes similar than in real life. The only way I think you can access those memories are through the inconscious, try to create random lucid dreams and give them some sense with your past. This might end with false memories, tho.
>>
File: 1481479732930.jpg (133KB, 309x595px) Image search: [Google]
1481479732930.jpg
133KB, 309x595px
>>18619851
Thank you.
What I'm more interested in is this:
>During the day I can see the outline of pages from textbooks.
>I was wondering whether during lucid dreams this could get better to the point of seeing all of it.
It would be really cool to store textbooks in your head.
I've read that lucid dreaming improves visualization abilities and It would be even cooler to be able to access these memories while awake.
That's basically what eidetic memory is about.
>>
>>18619869
You are autistic and retarded
>>
File: 1485170679608.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485170679608.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>18619984
>You are autistic and retarded
Retarded maybe but autistic not strictly speaking.
>>
File: 0.jpg (405KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
405KB, 1200x1200px
>>18619845
can you tell me more about that, the picture has a headache
>when a sperm and a egg go together to make a baby, only one sperm goes up the egg and when they touch there's two contact points that touch before the two and it's carried up in air and when they fuse it's like nuclear fusion except it's human fusion. There's the mass plus the proton. One heat abstraction goes up in the electrons, spins around, comes back down into proton to form the mind. The mind could be reduced to one atom
>>
>>18619869
>It would be really cool to store textbooks in your head.
You mean like remembering them? You can't do that? I think you might be retarded bro.
>>
>>18620317
>You mean like remembering them? You can't do that? I think you might be retarded bro.
Can you read them in your head?
That's uncommon.
>>
>>18620364
>Can you read them in your head?
Yes, it's called remembering stuff... You are literally retarded if you can't do that
>>
>>18619845
>I'm sleeping less at night so I can have naps during the day.
>I want to get better at lucid dreaming.

Yeah that's not how it works- it's quality sleep.
Ie. hours at a time.

Now people in the past used to be able to do two sleeps with a break of a few hours in between- so the myth of a full 8 hours isn't strictly true.

In my experience the more rested and sleep sustained- ie patterns and long sleeps result in more Lucid dreams.

I've managed to "wake up", walk to the toilet, have a drink and return to bed and reenter the same dream providing I don't switch bright lights on or open my eyes too wide nor think much.

Text in general is hard to muster in dreams apparently- I've done it before however and remembered it.

Memory access- perhaps, it's difficult to judge.
>>18619869
>I've read that lucid dreaming improves visualization abilities and It would be even cooler to be able to access these memories while awake.

Interesting thing alot of people who are better at visualisation are more likely to lucid dream and that gaming can help develop abstract thoughts with their controls. Alot of Computer Science students seem to be able to Lucid dream.
>>
>>18620906
>Text in general is hard to muster in dreams apparently- I've done it before however and remembered it.
Nice.
What did you retrieve?
>>
>>18620848
>Yes, it's called remembering stuff... You are literally retarded if you can't do that
I obviously can remember stuff.
I'm talking about "technical" textbooks here and It would be useful and advantageous to have access to a library in you head.
So far I have read of a handful of people on the internet who can read something and re-read in their mind's eye.
If I see a picture, I do see it vaguely in my mind's eye but I can't access to fine details from memory.
Lucid dreaming is really cool so there's nothing wrong about striving for useful application.
>>
>>18619845
Where's the most reliable 'how to lucid dream' guide?
>>
try playing video games, it gets your brain used to controlling things in an alternate reality. there are also herbs you can use. main thing is not to freak out and wake yourself when you realize you are lucid
>>
>>18621354
>Where's the most reliable 'how to lucid dream' guide?
Read this: http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html.
There are a lot of guides and experiences out there so use Google.
I'd say the most reliable method is combining all of this techniques together:
* prospective memory.
* FILD.
* WILD.
* reality checks.
* mindfulness.
* polyphasic schedule.
* etc...
>>
>>18621369
Thanks brother, I'm going to try it out. I did Google but the bat-shit crazy and sane parts are harder to ascertain.
>>
>>18621360
>try playing video games, it gets your brain used to controlling things in an alternate reality.
Interestingly games improve visualization, in that when you close you eyes you have flashes of the game itself.
I'm not a video game enthusiasm though so I'm playing like no more than 15 min every day.
>herbs
I might want to look into that if "natural" methods fail.
>>
File: 1482492980330.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482492980330.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
If anyone here is interested in what I am talking about, have a look at this AMA on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ackhy/i_have_a_photographiceidetic_memory_ama/
>>
>>18621347
>If I see a picture, I do see it vaguely in my mind's eye but I can't access to fine details from memory
Then you just have shit memory.
>>
>>18621387
herbs are natural you dingus
>>
>>18621432
>Photographic memory
> This type of ability has never been proven to exist and is considered popular myth
That guy is talking bullshit.
>>
File: Karma.png (36KB, 1077x975px) Image search: [Google]
Karma.png
36KB, 1077x975px
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING ANON, PART OF BEING GOD IS LEARNING THAT UR GOD ITS TOATS BALLER THOUGH IT HELPS US MATURE TO AN INFINITE DEGREE
>>
>>18619845
I'd say you'll have much more luck memorising those in waking life. I mean I suppose you would be accessing that subconscious "archive" if you were to think of it in a dream but I feel like it's something that would be much harder to do than if you just memorised the actual content of the textbook.

>>18621311
Not him but I've had countless dreams where I read books or Wikipedia articles, 4chan posts or articles from other websites and the text made sense (well, made sense in the context of the dream. There is no Wikipedia article on giants living in the hills nearby, after all).
>>
>>18619845
Fuck sakes
>>
>>18622737
>That guy is talking bullshit.
Photographic memory is used interchangeably with eidetic memory.
Eidetic memory then is specialized.
This guy has eidetic memory for text.
You should read the AMA.
>>
>>18621311
Just book covers from a book shop in my dream, in that book shop I also found some textbooks, opened them up and knew what pages I was looking at.
>>
>>18623284
I did. And it's bullshit. He is literally describing what is known as photographic memory, which is bullshit.
>>
File: 1485594224883.png (109KB, 868x746px) Image search: [Google]
1485594224883.png
109KB, 868x746px
>>18623563
>I did. And it's bullshit. He is literally describing what is known as photographic memory, which is bullshit.
Are you retarded?
Photographic memory doesn't exist as far as we know.
Eidetic memory on the other hand does.
Get over it jealous brainlet.
>>
>>18623563
>>18623941
>He is literally describing what is known as photographic memory
He isn't.
>>
>>18623941
>>18623943
>It may be described as the ability to briefly look at a page of information and then recite it perfectly from memory. This type of ability has never been proven to exist and is considered popular myth
>I don't read to get an idea just stare at the center of your screen and don't read anything but try to remember the details.
He is literally taking the popular concept of photographic memory (which doesn't exist) and claiming he has it. He also developed the "2 week limit" for his memories so that he can get out of any situations where he can't remember something specific.
>>
File: 1486891839951.png (232KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486891839951.png
232KB, 512x384px
>>18624503
>He is literally taking the popular concept of photographic memory
No.
He says he has to look at the page for thirty seconds.
Then he can commit the information to long term memory with some more effort.
People use the term photographic instead of eidetic all the time.
I already said I have experience eidetic aural memory firsthand.
Then eidetic imagery as weel, but not strictly connected to RL information.
Stop being butthurt.
>>
>>18619845
Well if you can't read during the dream why would you want to see the whole text of the pages. Most likely even if you see part ot it it would be changed somehow
>>
>>18626483
>Well if you can't read during the dream why would you want to see the whole text of the pages.
I have read before but non in lucid dreams.
>Most likely even if you see part ot it it would be changed somehow
Yeah OK, but one does improve.
>>
>>18626470
>>It may be described as the ability to briefly look at a page of information and then recite it perfectly from memory
Literally what he described.

Stop being gullible.
>>
>>18622730
One might assume that's why he included quotation around "natural"
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.