[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americas deserts especially Utah area and New Mexico,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: img_9265.jpg (4MB, 3734x2384px) Image search: [Google]
img_9265.jpg
4MB, 3734x2384px
Why do Americas deserts especially Utah area and New Mexico, Colorado. texas ect. have such a strange eerie "sacred" vibe to them ?

At least for me personally they have a strange effect on me .

I live in Utah and am about a 2 hour drive from Zion and the " Little Sahra sand dunes"
>>
Basically all Indian burial ground
>>
>>18619407
Because you're a superstitious retard?
>>
>>18619415
Ha, what a sad dick, never had an experience of any sensitivity and feels the need to post on a board of sensitives. Got news for you, boy...

OP, all of nature carries this. Some places seem to embody it more strongly, maybe because of the geology, certainly because of fewer people there. And if a place has been used for ritual.
>>
>>18619407
Place like those deserts have been pretty much undisturbed for a long time.
Not to mention the absence of the constant hum of technology/electronics it's completely silent.
That alone sort of sets the mood for places like this.
>>
ump
>>
>>18619407

I totally get what you mean. Its like this strange timeless spirituality feeling. Also like something you would find on an album cover.

Maybe its the association with Native Americans there, what with the sweat lodges, spiritual journeys, and Peyote?
>>
>>18621370

Also, I guess UFO sightings may have also made American deserts seem a bit more spooky on top of all the spirituality stuff.
>>
I went to Moab for a week 2 years ago. Very humbling experience for me--a very spiritual place. I could feel it in the ground, the air, the rocks. It feels closer to the implicate order, from which the material world springs. Very odd place.
>>
File: kekdcheckd.png (365KB, 385x408px) Image search: [Google]
kekdcheckd.png
365KB, 385x408px
>>18621544
Gods are odds
>>
>>18619407
Deserts tend to have that vibe

In Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence he talks quite a while about it and how it might have influenced the development of abrahamanic religions and specially islam
>>
I've spent a week in the desert and it changes your mental state. I think it's a combination of all things mentioned.
>>
>>18619407
The Underground Pyramids.
>>
>>18619407
You're probably part injun, and those sacred sites appeal to you on an instinctive level, due to genetic memory or something.
>>
>>18619407
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU9O_l2uWLo

San Luis Valley
Colorado/New Mexico

Multiple Native American sites in the valley.
>>
>>18621544
This area of North America is the oldest land on the continent
>>
Its cause its nature. Pure nature. Untouched by mans grubby little fingers.

The mystic will always prefer mountains and desserts because of this.
>>
>>18619413
/thread
>>
>>18619438
>Place like those deserts have been pretty much undisturbed for a long time.
>Not to mention the absence of the constant hum of technology/electronics it's completely silent.
This.
>>
>>18622307
Can you elaborate on mountains? I live on the coast, which is where I was born and raised. Its my (dream house) goal to get inland to the base of the mountains. I'll be moving in a few years, but am the only one in my family drawn to them, and not the coast. Awesome thread.
>>
File: desert-at-night.jpg (307KB, 1776x1053px) Image search: [Google]
desert-at-night.jpg
307KB, 1776x1053px
>>18619407
Deserts are magick.
I feel your feels, Anon.
I dont know what it is.
You can feel the voice of the universe there.
Its not something you can hear.
Its something you have to feel.
Its not just American deserts.
Deserts everywhere have this power, in varying levels of strength.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CLIr2mFgEuk
>>
>>18622029
How did they changed?
>>
>>18622751
Not him but mountains reminds people of Hyperborean descent of the ice age, where they adapted.
>>
Part of their mystery may come from the absence of life energy. If you consider other biospheres, like oceans or forests, they are generally teaming with life. Deserts tend to be barren, and the life that does exist has adapted to survive in an environment where only the strong can live. Just totally different vibrations and energy than city dwellers, coastal residents, or woodland hikers experience in their day to day lives. This is the essence of what /x/ means to me, btw. I'm loving this discussion.
>>
File: nazca.jpg (26KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
nazca.jpg
26KB, 470x352px
>>18623102
Giving that I grow up in the desert, I can't really argue with you on that point.

The harsh enviroment creates some extraordinary individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7robNUWPO3c

No matter where life will thrive, the spirit it's easier to see if you are less distracted and of course the stars.

Life it's different if you can see them.
>>
File: 1484330754888.jpg (9KB, 261x187px) Image search: [Google]
1484330754888.jpg
9KB, 261x187px
>>18623102
But some are teaming with life! It's small or nocturnal but it's there. I do feel that the geological energy is much more present and I do know that other biomes can have more life per density.

I just didn't want it disregarded entirely.

The most beautiful scene in the desert for me was about 3 years ago. I was in California heading north towards Lake Isabella/Kern. There's a route towards Tehachapi that passes through the high desert into the start of the Sierra Nevada range. It's full of cacti and the weather is very cold and cloudy.

As we work our way down the road, it's almost a blue foggy canyon. There's snow all over the pass and on the cacti in a weird clash of desert-ice.

It felt otherworldly and comforting in an eerie way.
>>
File: IMG_2742 (2)227.jpg (80KB, 800x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2742 (2)227.jpg
80KB, 800x414px
Plenty of weird stuff out there in the desert.
>>
>>18619407
Because they are sacred you fucking pleb
>>
>>18621370
I did peyote once and fucked some fat dude from the local res in his tight boi pussy, shit was so cash
>>
>>18619407
Do you live in St george Utah? Me too want to meet up and go to Zions
>>
>live in phoenix
>hanging out with friend one night, both have moderate interest in weird spooky shit
>looking to the south (I think it's all reservation down there)
>see enormous blue glowing light, lasts like 30 seconds to a minute
>we drive down that direction but can never find the source

probably ayy lmaos
>>
>>18619407
I'm a pretty secular person, but I've wondered this too, and I think there's a lot of reasons why. The origins are probably an association with Native Americans, and the feeling of nature in general. In the 20th century, Roswell and Area 51 added ayy lmaos into the mix, and I think cities like Reno and Las Vegas had a mystique that contributed to the perception of the area. This feeling has also been exploited, and contributed to, by pop culture with media like Fear and Loathing.
>>
Absolute communion with nature and creation at its purest.
>>
>>18622882
great music track anon, thanks
>>
I think alot of large desert lands have this vibe because they weren't always hot deserts, they had life there at some point like lots of people inhabited them and stuff went down there. To this day stuff goes down in places like that anomalies and such. just ask the local natives and they'll tell you all the ancient myths about basically what happened on those lands(lots of weird stuff).
>>
>>18623068
ANON, WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.