[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Bunyip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Bunyip_(1935).jpg (11KB, 250x137px) Image search: [Google]
Bunyip_(1935).jpg
11KB, 250x137px
>The bunyip is a large mythical creature from Australian Aboriginal mythology, said to lurk in swamps, billabongs, creeks, riverbeds, and waterholes.
I lived right by a rainforest with a ton of creeks as a kid and I got constant nightmares from this creature mate. I'd hear wailing in the forest at night for the 12 years of my life I lived in Australia. Don't go into the rainforests in australia at night
>>
>>18615860
Australia has so much weird shit that it's the one place I'd actually believe any legend I was told. Honestly, so many things that exist there can (and will) harm or kill you. It's nonsensical that they would make up fake things to scare people. The only explanation is that every Australian urban legend is 100% factual.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYO-Mog60
>>
>>18615880
Haha I rember this mate :)))))))))))))))))0
>>
>>18615874

Honestly the wildlife is really not that frightening. Our most dangerous creatures are snakes and spiders, and even then people very rarely die from them.
>>
>>18615860
Bunyips can't be just one thing. The word basically just means loud, dangerous, aquatic animal.
>>
Bumpyip
>>
File: Bunyip.png (50KB, 200x217px) Image search: [Google]
Bunyip.png
50KB, 200x217px
>>
>>18615860
when i was about 4-5
>school teacher thought it would be a good idea
>to read us the illustrated story of the taily-po
>about a hermit hunter who lives in the forest
>wake up middle of that night, everything is dead silent
>hear whistling in the bushes
>scared for life

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1076322.The_Tailypo
>>
File: PICT0003[1].jpg (70KB, 385x639px) Image search: [Google]
PICT0003[1].jpg
70KB, 385x639px
This shit right here fucked with me way worse than Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Then I bought the author's other stuff. Fuck you, Daniel Cohen! Scholastic too!
>>
File: diprotodon.jpg (73KB, 738x591px) Image search: [Google]
diprotodon.jpg
73KB, 738x591px
>>18615860
I always heard that it could be remnant Diprotodon. But the Diprotodon wasn't a carnivore so idk.
>>
>>18615930
Yeah don't mention the drop bears so OP won't get too scared
>>
My lord he wrote a lot of books. And only a few of them seem to be about spooks and scares.
>>
>>18615874
>not Africa
Ok
>>
>>18615860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXFZ2Yv38nM
>>
>>18618271
Hippos aren't carnivores either, but they kill more humans in Africa than crocodiles do.
>>
>>18617540
It was your teacher outside whistling.

Guy probably thought you were retarded and was playing goofs on you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.