[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times when paranormal TV shows delivered.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1359602933106.jpg (16KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1359602933106.jpg
16KB, 640x464px
Hello /x/, I've recently taken an interest into paranormal television shows. I'm a skeptical person, and I've never really believed in ghosts, and I think most paranormal shows are staged or cleverly edited. However, if the show is executed properly, I can suspend disbelief and get drawn into the show and make myself pretty creeped out.

So I am here to ask: What are some truly unnerving/creepy moments in paranormal television?

I have lately been watching Paranormal Lockdown. I've noticed each episode is pretty intense, and the two have no problem finding and communicating with spirits. What sold it for me was the Trans-Allegheny Asylum episode, and whatever the fuck was crawling in the background:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zfHCibSvWs

Faked or not, it puts goosebumps on my neck.
>>
>>18615597
I have the body of a pig
>>
File: 383989-tim-allen.jpg (25KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
383989-tim-allen.jpg
25KB, 650x366px
I have a paranormal show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ndtL1wX20w
This one is about Bigfoot
>>
>>18615692
this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov2Co1J9kz0
>>
>>18615597
None of this is convincing. Fuck you and fuck your thread.
>>
>>18615700
>>18615866
>checkem
>paranormaltvwillsurelydeliver.jpg
>>
File: 1470066562114.jpg (157KB, 960x733px) Image search: [Google]
1470066562114.jpg
157KB, 960x733px
I'm also interested for any recommendations, sadly the best things i have found in ages is paranormal lockdown and hang for every new episode
>>
>>18615597
Honestly mate, I really hate these guys. They don't respect the dead at all. They jsut bloody make it for monetary purposes. Some of these people didn't get say in these asyulums and were hurt badly.
>>
>>18615900
What TV show doesn't do it for monetary purposes? Are you serious?
>>
>>18615597

Seriously, OP, every tv show is bullshit. EVERY tv show. If you don't know that you must be young.

It's either scripted, falsly edited, or full-on bullshit. Ghosthunter shows are in the top 5 bullshit shows. Everything you saw on that show was a lie, no matter how many times they stressed it was real. Just because they call it a "documentary" doesn't mean it's not absolute 100% bullshit.

Welcome to the real world, kid. People lie to you to make you buy/promote their bullshit, which in turn encourages others to buy/promote their bullshit. It's how the rich get rich.
>>
>>18615700
Blatant fake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPhS_pCfSxM
>>
>>18615597
Not one show in the history of mankind has ever succeeded.
>>
>>18616275
>>18615997

Honestly, the original Ghost Hunters had some pretty interesting moments, and they took what they were doing much more seriously than these other shows. Most of their investigations ended with debunking hauntings rather than proving hauntings, which may have still been staged but was a pretty brave move if so, given people were tuning in for spooks.

The unfortunate thing is, with modern technology you can recreate pretty much any phenomenon that might have been legitimate by illegitimate means. You won't really believe it until you experience it for yourself first hand. Despite my experience even I have to take the best episodes of Ghost Hunters with a grain of salt, but I would not say it's impossible that it's real any more than I could say it's impossible it was fake. In the case of that show it's really an unknown. Hell, even the team members questioned whether or not producers or pranksters were fucking with them in some of the episodes. That was some 10/10 writing and acting on Ghost Hunters if none of it was real.

I agree the other shows are super fake, though. The sensationalism, ease of communication, and the way the 'investigators' often seem to anticipate what is going to happen is a dead give away.

Even Ghost Hunters International set off some alarm bells for me after awhile... I think a couple of the investigators were being sincere but that Irish guy was waaaaaaaaaay to eager to claim things as evidence without even attempting to debunk.
>>
>>18615997
I never said I believed in them, I said that I can suspend my disbelief enough to make myself creeped out. I'm well aware that these shows share the common goal in obtaining the almighty dollar, and that will ALWAYS be their number one priority.

With that being said, there are some absolutely inane paranormal shows out there as well, sometimes so-bad-its-good, like Mountain Monsters or Alaska Monsters. I'll watch them just to have a laugh at them, even though its all scripted.
>>
>>18615597
Does the Oak Island show count as paranormal? That delievered
>>
>>18616744
Elaborate?
>>
What's the show where they build a trap to try and trap the ghost? How exactly do you know it will work when we don't even know how ghosts manifest or behave? (Assuming they even exist.)

Also, the electronic gadgets that they use, I'd love to see some wiring schematics. That wood box they use that makes echoing sounds or whatever comes to mind.

Reminds me of this scam from the early 1900s - a box that "tested" the user, and "determined" what illness/ailment you had, but before doctors/hospitals could buy it, they had to sign a contract saying they wouldn't open the machine(which was locked). Sure enough, someone pried it open, and found a random mess of wires that didn't even do anything. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I can't remember what it was called.
>>
>>18616735
I've seen and heard ghosts. That's why this Ghosthunter shit pisses me off. I grew up with the fuckers. The house I grew up in was literally spoop city. Multiple people saw/heard/felt so much stuff in that house that if physically documented by a scientist it'd prove 100% without doubt that "ghosts" exist. I'm certain of that. A ghost told me it's fucking name, bro. It "liked" me, but hated pretty much everyone else to a point where it fucking attacked people, bro. Real shit. Friends. My Sister. The dogs. Put up with that shit til I was 10, bro. Shit brings tears to my eyes.

"Ghosts" or whatever the fuck they are ain't a joke. These bullshit shows make a mockery of half of my fucking life because when I tell people wtf happened I get looked at like I'm a fuckin retard.
>>
I used to love Fact or Faked anyone else remember that?
>>
>>18616824
They found the treasure.
>>
That sounds demonic not ghosts
>>
>>18617290
That sounds demonic not ghosts
>>
>>18616744
>>18616824

Really? I only watched one and a half seasons. I got bored because all the episodes had hype and a nice build up and then fuck all was revealed. Is it worth watching the rest?
>>
>>18617290
no, they look at you that way because you say "bro" every other sentence
>>
>>18615884
The best spooky shows were all made before 2005.

Check out Sightings & Unexplained Mysteries if you haven't already.
>>
>>18615597
Every time I watch this shows I'm always expecting some Grave Encounters shit. That movie was dope
>>
File: photo.jpg (119KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
119KB, 900x900px
>>18617714
but only the first one.

Honestly /x/ there is a higher chance we as a race will encounter Ayy Lmaos than ghosts.
>>
>>18617703
I admit that that post was terribly written, bro. Dunno why I kept writing "bro", bro. Smoked a joint earlier, maybe there's a connection.

I was trying to emphasise the serious nature of my post I think tbqht famalamalama.

My point was I saw some shit. If I told you what I saw and you 100% believed me it'd scare the living shit out of you. It needs serious scientific recognition, not the attention of fakeass TV shows that mislead the public and create some bullshit cheap-thrill commodity.

Ghosts are fucking real, fambro.
>>
>>18617759
"I smoke weed and do other drugs BRO"
"Yo for real bro i saw this ghost bro flying thru walls bro"
"Shit was lit bro"

You are a degenerate nigger, literally a waste of human anatomy.
Kys.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.