[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only convincing paranormal cases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: laughing_belmez_faces.jpg (87KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_belmez_faces.jpg
87KB, 620x465px
I used to be such an ardent believer in the paranormal and in supernatural phenomena, just one year ago. At one point, I had memorized nearly every case deemed anomalous or in which something paranormal was implied. Nowadays, I find it hard to even entertain most ideas of such things existing, and I mostly come on /x/ for the threads regarding serial killers and unsolved disappearances/crimes.

However, there are still a few cases that I feel are legitimately unexplained, and admittedly mysterious and perhaps indicative of the existence of 'something'

-The Cash-Landrum Case
-The Manises UFO Incident
-The Case of the Phoenix Lights
-The Tehran UFO Sighting of 1979

Mind you, they're all cases involving UFOs and supposedly extra-terrestrial life. All cases involving spirits/ghosts seem very weak; there are practically no cases of reported psychic activity (ESP/remote viewing, PK, telepathy, etc.) that actually seem plausible. Lastly, the existence of demons or religious-affiliated supernatural incidents is the flimsiest of them all.
>>
So you drank the Fedora-aid. Ok?

The paranormal is paranormal because it lacks proof. Otherwise it would just be...normal.
>>
>>18613896
The paranormal just can't be proved by science. Just because a bunch of retards think they saw a ghost doesn't mean it's real
>>
>>18613905
found the ghost.

here lies 905. faggot in life. faggot in death
>>
>>18613896
>So you drank the Fedora-aid

No: it was simply that the rules governing all these supposed paranormal entities and events (especially involving ghosts and spirits) started seeming more and more arbitrary to me. It began when I realized Ground Zero in NYC was not home to any particular rumors about violent supernatural activity. Then I asked myself: why should one house, then (say, for example, the one in the famous San Pedro haunting, pic-related) , where one old man died of natural causes, be so especially and violently haunted, but not the place where +2000 people died violently?

Then I realized that there was no real substantial or solid evidence for any of these hauntings. There were always photos, or audio, but never actual recordings of the furniture flying around, or of the entity's supposed manifestation: only pics of things that could be replicated by human means (ex: Enfield Poltergeist - all the photos capture events that could easily have been replicated by the person jumping or throwing an object themselves).

Lastly, the fact that so many cases have had

It's just not believable. And I think your attitude is a dangerous one. Someone who likes the paranormal shouldn't shrug off criticism, and claims involving paranormal phenomena should be investigated with rigor. And if it's found to not be an actually paranormal entity/anomaly, then there should be no shame in admitting one was wrong.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (8KB, 426x305px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
8KB, 426x305px
I haven't checked the know-it-alls' explanation for it yet, but the recent Chilean Navy footage release is pretty strange at face value

https://youtu.be/NkUTGpegZN0
>>
>>18613885
You can tell that they're drawings rather than an "imprint" because of where the eyes are placed. It's a common mistake to draw a persons eyes at the top of the head, where as in reality they're closer to the middle.

Fake as fuck.

>>18613943
Idiot gets caught on a coat hanger in a dark attic. Or... It's a fucking TV SHOW.

I've seen and heard a few ghosts, yet shit like this insults my fucking intelligence.
>>
>>18613885
The pheonix lights were flares, google it.

The Iran incident may have been lights from a US base in the area. I can't remember the theory.. but it was something like 'the base used coal, and had a large chimney which occasionaly produced a blue flame that would appear to be close-up at certain angles even though it was several miles away. This is what the pilot "chased".'.

It sounds far-fetched, but it's a theory. Could've been a US test involving lazers/drones/EM waves.. fuck knows. Probably not ayylmais, tho.

Your proof for /x/ is weak. There's better stuff out there.
>>
>>18613896
>So you drank the Fedora-aid?

Let me translate. I speak fluent retard AND non-xtard

"If you question the miniscule bullshit we claim is paranormal you just can't open your mind you're just a blue piller"
>>
>>18616074
I thought they picked up an object on radar, I'd be surprised if blue flames could be detected by radar
>>
>>18613943
I agree. I believe in the possibility of the paranormal. These phenomena are occurring. But I also think a lot of it is hoaxes or something rational and mundane.

A lot of my fellow paranormal believers get mad at me for being a skeptic but once you get the fake shit outta the way whatever your left with could be paranormal.

Just cause I think ghosts might be real doesn't mean I'm gonna call an exorcist every time a breeze slams my door shut.
>>
>>18613943
No one has ever used le hat joke who wasn't cancerous and full of shitty opinions.
>>
>>18613885
The CIA recently declassified documents in which they admit they do not know how Uri Geller does his ESP stuff. They even made him subject of some divination experiments and they just didn't know how the fuck he predicted everything so acurately. So there's that for ESP.
>>
>>18613885

the phoenix lights incident is pretty much solved at this point. it was a trial military airship for surveillance. it was a massive V shape. but it actually has a similar design to the B-3 stealth bombers.
>>
>>18619280
Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>18617743
Not to mention the time he went on Johnny Carson and, with all of the ways he could cheat blocked by Amazing Randy, made a shit-coated ass of himself on national tv.

Fuck Geller.
>>
>>18613905
Doesn't mean it's NOT real, ether. You won't understand until you've experienced it.

I recommend you do a little reading up or watch a documentary about the limitations of our perception and the tenuous nature of the concept of 'objective reality'.

>>18613943
Because the 'rules' are regurgitated superstitions and not much more. The world is awash in the blood of the dead and dying, and spirits are everywhere, but beyond most perception. Photos and recordings can be too easily faked. If you don't have some significant first hand experience, you simply won't know anything but stories people tell. That doesn't mean they are all lying, however.
>>
>>18613885
>The Manises UFO Incident
WTF, this is my neighbouring town and I hadn't read about it ever before!
>>
>Paranormal
>Proof

Pick one. Or, name one circumstance in which a paranormal phenomenon has a physical plane effect. Except on a biological system, because that could be a placebo effect and that gets the skeptards drooling. And actually finding an alien in a spaceship.
>>
>>18619381
Hay un especial de cuarto milenio brutal sobre el caso
>>
>>18613943
I live in Australia, and something I've noticed is that where there seems to be lots of indigenous folk, paranormal junk happens more regularly.
I live in a city close to Palm Island, which is where colonial settlers dumped a lot of them. Hear all kinds of stories from them about the island and their mythology in general. What /x would know as Goatmen, they call Hairymen etc.

For a long time I thought nothing of it, people just hyping each other up, telling tales to scare each other.

But when I was a teenager I saw this movie, I cant remember the name but I'm sure some anon can help. It was an old black and white film, a classic. The story was basically this dude and his daughter lived on this planet. They had laser fences or something to keep out the only other thing on the planet. A monster, I think it was called the ID, but it was all of the father's fears coming to life as a monster. This was made possible because they were the only people on the planet, so there was nothing to distort their fears or mental energy.

One night I was hanging out and having some drinks around the fire with some indigenous folks on the edge of town, they'd gone to bed and I was awake drinking by myself. In a tree nearby I saw and heard something that wasn't "normal".

So what I'm getting at is that perhaps the collective unconscious could thin the veil or something, and maybe that's why things happen on Palm Island, or in houses in the middle of nowhere?
Groups of occultists use their will to do evocations of demons etc, maybe the belief in or even fear of is sometimes enough to make weird stuff happen?
>>
>>18619763
Forbidden Planet. Good film.
>>
>>18620623
aha! yes. excellent film
>>
Search about mediumship. In Brazil it's widely known in comparison with USA.
>>
>>18616322
They're getting lazy with coverup stories. It probably sounded better on paper.
>>
File: triangle.jpg (1MB, 1470x1470px) Image search: [Google]
triangle.jpg
1MB, 1470x1470px
>>18613885
>-The Cash-Landrum Case
>-The Manises UFO Incident
>-The Case of the Phoenix Lights
>-The Tehran UFO Sighting of 1979

you probably only site these cases because they cannot be sufficiently debunked due to lack of significant evidence either way.
>>
>>18616006
Those look like skyfish
>>
>>18613943
>hangs self
>dog humping attic beam for support
if this guy were that age today, he'd be rp'ing like a faggot still living with his single slutty mom in /x/
>>
>>18619280

>B-3 stealth bombers

fuck off retard
>>
>>18613885
cia files for rv though
>>
>>18616074
>coal
>blue flames
george constanza holding a bat.jpg
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.