[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: letter r.jpg (119KB, 476x357px) Image search: [Google]
letter r.jpg
119KB, 476x357px
Let's all share our more obscure fears, /x/,

For me, I have to wear glasses otherwise I can't see shit. My bathroom is small, only able to fit a shower, a toilet, a mirror, and not much else.

Every time I close my eyes in the shower, I have the fear that when I reopen them, I'll see the door slightly open (despite me closing it), or I'll see the shadow of something on the other side of the curtain, unable to know what it is because of my blindness.
>>
>>18610688
I had a few dreams where i'd be somewhere very high and then get numb all of a sudden and fall. I researched and apparently is fear of losing control. I am also afraid of losing, like getting defeated
>>
>>18610688
Weird-shaped clouds. When I'm above them like during a plane flight I find them fascinating but otherwise they scare me. I always get the feeling of ill omen for some reason
>>
I'm afraid of being alone. I know that sounds dumb, but I find it terrifying. The idea of me being the only one in a big area is just scary.
>>
File: 2017-02-08-20-36-03-1752594690.jpg (9KB, 275x184px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-08-20-36-03-1752594690.jpg
9KB, 275x184px
Don't know how obscure it is, but these things haunt my nightmares
>>
>>18610688
I'm afraid of the Titanic.
>>
>>18610998
It's natural to fear intestinal parasites since they can kill you
>>
Jellyfish. When I was a kid, seeing a damn picture would get my heart racing, I'd start to cry and all that.

Nowadays it's not nearly as bad. The pictures still make me wince though. And if I ever see one in the water, I flip the fuck out.
>>
>>18610688
Sharp things stabbing me in the face. It's not just a manifestation of my latent homosexuality either, stuff like that scene in Terminator 2 where the fat security guard gets a metal needle finger in the eye causes me physical pain and I have to close my eyes and try like hell to clear my mind of the thoughts.
>>
not obsure but I fear death.
>>
>>18610688
I had this all the time as a kid

My biggest fear is dying a hopeless death
Like dying somewhere where there's no one in the vicinity and there's no way I can get help. Also, Im always worried someone is gonna run up on me and start stabbing me
>>
>>18610688
Wow, that pic is fucked. R is for rape. There seems to be more and more fucked up shit in kid's cartoons.
>>
>>18612497
What makes you think that
>>
THIS SO MUCH
>>
>>18612497
The R is for robbery, get your mind out of the gutter.
>>
I was terrified of the ice cream truck as a child. We had one that only came around at night to deliver boxes of popsicles to subscribers but it would always ring this loud, ominous, church-like bell. I have vivid memories of the bell ringing as it slowly circled the neighbourhood during a thunderstorm. Bells have felt like such a bad omen to me since.
>>
File: 20170206_190545.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_190545.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Dying in a car accident is my number one fear. Sometimes those little memorial crosses on the side of the road will trigger minor panic attacks if I'm not in a good state of mind. Someone just died in front of my house the other night and I saw his body as the first one on the scene. I haven't been able to leave my house after because all I can see when I drive this road is that guy's fucked up body and car.
Probably shouldn't have taken a picture, but I have a weird morbid curiosity and kind of like knowing that I have the last picture of this guy.
>>
Fetuses. They're disgusting, deformed and shouldn't be brought up so much by this damn pro life pro choice debate. I watched the bad self eater countdown and the video and god damn it wasn't the spook I wanted.
>>
Large,submerged objects. Like shipwrecks or some kind of machinery under water.
>>
>>18612882
this. I still remember the 20,000 leauges under the sea ride. there was a mechanical shark and I was shocked that people would create such a horrible thing. But I would love to see it now even if it still creeps me out.
also the common things
>getting an uncurable disease
>being injured so badly that im a vegetable or just really crippled and want to die, but not able to kill myself
>>
OP here with another mild personal fear, but a fear nonetheless.

I get a bit of anxiety when I see a moving shadow (let's say underneath a door crack), but I don't hear sound to go with it. No footsteps, no creaking, nothing. Spooky
>>
dark doorways

being upside down (can't do forward rolls to this day)

getting some kind of fungal infection in my sinuses or lungs
>>
Pipes. submerged machinery like the other anon giant turbines and weird futuristic eco friendly machinery
>>
I have a crippling fear of mirrors and room corners
>>
>>18610688
I fear the day God will come and introduce it/him/herself to humanity. I'm not catholic nor atheist. I truly believe that naturally, there must be something above our own understanding and that this perfect-as-the-universe being is what I consider to be God. But his presence itself can't be witnessed by our mortal eyes, just because I believe it would unchain mayhem over the planet.
>>
I live in quite an old house with 2 dogs. I'd get shit scared whenever they barked or I heard a creaking noise because I legit thought I was being burgled
>>
>>18610688
the nuclear siren, I live about half a mile from a US Nat Guard armory, and if the streets begin to flood, or there is a thunderstorm (or generally bad weather for Albuquerque), the nuclear sirens go off. Being raised around people who hated commies and grew up in the 60s-90s, nuclear alarms always have a spot of absolute fear in me.
>>
I have a crippling fear of mass shootings. After the Pulse nightclub happened, I couldn't go in public for a while, especially because I lived in the gay district of San Diego at the time and frequented karaoke bars in the area, and someone posted on Craigslist after the shooting saying that my town was next.

For the longest time, I had to map exits and hiding spots to every place I entered. It's better now, but sudden loud noises in crowded places still set me off. I almost beat the shit out of some weeaboo chick at SeaWorld once because I got it in my head that someone was going to start shooting at the whale show and she decided to give off an unholy weeb screech that sounded (to my unstable self) like a scream that a person who is about to die would make. I still have exit routes marked for all of my favorite places in San Diego.
>>
>>18613799
.>>18610998
>>
>>18613782
"City alarms" hit me hard too
Big things underwater too and also just being in the middle of a BIG body of water

After a kinda traumatic event, hearing a loud noise from inside my house and just the idea that i could hear a loud bang or footsteps sudenly rushing toward me kinda gives me anxiety
>>
>>18613799

Paranoia only has to pay off once to be worth it. I recommend keeping up looking for escapes and hiding places. That way when something does go wrong your one of the first people out of there.

Incidentally my fear is not of public shootings or some other crisis, but a fear that I would be trampled to death in the outcome of such a crisis. This is why I will never attend a black Friday, I don't wish to die so that some fat bitch can save 20 percent on a TV.
>>
>>18610688
really my only fears are losing loved ones, going insane, or permenate
y damaging my body or losing digits/limbs
>>
I'm pretty terrified by phone calls on my cell phone. My stomach instantly knots and I always expect tragic news, no matter the circumstance.

And waterspouts. Looking at photos of them makes me cringe. Water tornados should not be a thing
>>
>>18614964
What about these digits?
>>
>>18614980

do you feel about fire tornados?
>>
It happened to me twice and brushed it off as fuck it but I'm growing to be really fearful of sleep paralysis. I can always feel bad things around me. The last one I heard a voice say "are you listening to yourself " and felt hard pressure on my left rib cage/lung. Woke up to nothing
>>
>>18614997

Fire tornados are also an abomination, but I have a particular fear of the ocean/big bodies of water. Imagining being caught in a waterspout freaks me out
>>
>>18615017

Fight the fear, you will experience wonders only whether you believe them real or imaginary. Sleep paralysis is the first step of astral projection and an easy entry point to lucid dreaming.
>>
>>18615032
People who claim to lucid dream are pathological liars.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.