[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any paranormal shenigans in Ireland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: 260px-Ireland_(MODIS).jpg (29KB, 260x358px) Image search: [Google]
260px-Ireland_(MODIS).jpg
29KB, 260x358px
Anything except leprechauns and pikeys
>>
>>18609837
http://www.theemeraldisle.org/irish-myths-legends/

Heres a good place to start
>>
Lepp Castle.
>>
>>18609837
A fuckton of them honestly, Ireland is pretty fucking big on myths considering the place used to be absolute crawling with pagan filth.
>>
>>18610055
>calling pagan's filth
>browsing/commenting on /x/
>>
>>18610062
You ever meet a pagan that wasn't some dirty, unwashed hippie who thinks he can cure cancer with a rock?
>>
>>18610084
Smash anything hard enough with a rock and it will die :P

Yes plenty, mostly woman though. Little on the hippy side
>>
Funnily enough, if you want to get a hold on Irish stuff, you should start with Welsh. Read 'Y Mabinogion' or The Mabinogi and you'll get loads of info.
>>
>>18610240
All the Welsh stuff is Irish rip offs including most of Y Mabinogion
>>
>>18610084
They no longer exist, you fucking dirty spoon burning cunt.
>>
http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/ireland.htm

Site is eye cancer, but Ballyboley forest is particularly interesting - google it for loads of other stories about the place
>>
>>18609837
>shenigans
what
>>
File: Banshee.jpg (141KB, 595x403px) Image search: [Google]
Banshee.jpg
141KB, 595x403px
>>18609837
I live in around the Wicklow mountains, there are tons of ghosts stories and many legends I was told about growing up i.e Banshee.

There is a creepy woods nearby the is called The Devils Glen, no idea how it got that name but it's a nice nature walk but and night time strange shit goes out, like occult shit. One girl was tied to a tree and raped but survived, there are random structures everywhere in the woods that nobody knows what they mean.

Anyway scary thing that happened to me not related to Devils Glen

Only thing that has ever happened to me was I used to stay up late when I was 14-16 years old, late being about 11pm- 1am. One night I was watching T.V when something knocked on our sitting room window, 3 knocks. I freaked out and bolted upstairs and looked out my bedroom window and there was nobody there, it took me and 5 seconds to get up to the window, nobody on the road and nobody behind my house (I looked out the landing window as well) I turned everything off and went straight to bed, which may have been a very big mistake.

Apparently it was the Banshee, she knocks on your front door or window and you have to open the front door and the back door so she can pass through the house peacefully, or else someone you love will die soon. I didn't do that and 1 week later my godmother/parents best friend who lived 3 doors away from us died, she was only 46.
>>
>>18610084
yes
>>
>>18610055
Are you.. Asian or something??
>>
>>18612631
Most people I talked to about it seem to be of the opinion that the Banshee is just shorthand for something or somewhere is dangerous. So in your case it's probably originally a way of saying "if you don't open your house to highwaymen/British they'll kill you and/or someone you love". This is why (supposedly) on the coast the banshees around cliffs and flats where you can fall or drown, and in the midlands it's bogs and shear drops and such.
>>
File: 1452895026406.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452895026406.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Well when I was camping in the Wicklow mountains before I was attacked and a good chunk of flesh took out of my back.

>be in mountains because of gay scouting group with brother
>im 17 so I literally just went for potential teen sex with some of the oddly attractive girls in scouts
>first night there i bed a qt
>wake up early and go to nearby stream to relax for an hour or so before those gays get up
>take this little kitbag i have with bandages, scissors, nothing massively essential
>but i also brought this machete to look like a /k/ommando
>so i get into stream, water levels just at the bottom off my ass
>leave machete in holster at my waist
>hear qt i was with call out to me
>i keep my voice down and guide her to the stream
>she appears in a loose flannel shirt and no pants
>MYDICK
>she sits at the side of the stream, we kiss a bit, then she asks if I heard something
>i usually have pretty great hearing but miss it because my penis is leading me
>get out of water and slip on pants
>walk over some rocks to other side of the stream
>into treeline
>immediately something like a rabid greyhound with scaly legs and claws jumps onto my back
>feel a tingle then hear tearing
>the cunt has hurt me bad
>i feel sharp pricks and scratching under my skin
>flail badly
>qt knocks it off with a branch
>free machete with the not-fucked-up side of my boy and slash at the thing while its down
>slice its chest a bit, it screams, kinda like a frog/dog bark mixed
>it growls and backs off before fleeing
>me and qt run back to camp, notify the adults and we leave the same day
>fucked the qt in the ass that night
>have scar to this day
>will post pics if you goys want
>qt still blows me occasionally
>>
>>18612747
post pics
>>
>>18612747
>hurt himself doing something really stupid
>makes up story about fighting off a supernatural creature in front of a hot girl to make himself feel better
>>
Dobhar-Chu. This is rumored to be in a lake near where I live and I spent a lot of time during my childhood researching it and hearing stories about it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobhar-ch%C3%BA
>>
>>18610457
>Irish rip offs.

You've just proved your lack of celtic historical/mythological knowledge so piss poor that I don't even have to counter.
>>
>>18613910
>You've just proved your lack of celtic historical/mythological knowledge so piss poor that I don't even have to counter.
I've had this dumbassery before. I know as well, more people speak Welsh allegedly despite the statistics showing more that 3 times the number of Irish speakers in Ireland than Welsh in Wales. Llyr was a 100% original character and not taken from Irish folklore by way of Manx etc etc.

There's no shame in being largely derivative, but nevertheless it isn't like >>18610240
>if you want to get a hold on Irish stuff, you should start with Welsh.
Y Mabinogion is probs the least derivative and still large chunks are clearly lifted from the Fennian cycle.
>>
>>18609837
Tonnes and tonnes of really dumb shit desu. Grew up in the sticks a bit away from newgrange. My favourite one I can remember is when my dad, grandad and I were cutting all the shrubs and shit in our yard and I inquired about an old tree that never really had any leaves and looked very dead.

>Why don't we just cut it down?
>You go ahead and cut it down if you want the fairies at your window

I found this hysterical at the time and still do to this day. Ever since that day I see why there are just single trees in the middle of massive fields that are never touched.
>>
>>18614079
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/john-walsh-on-monday-irish-road-side-tracked-by-the-fairies-right-of-way-1120744.html
>>
>>18610055
>insulting pagans
>is on /x/
Wut
>>
>>18612631
I'm from Tallaght myself, which literally translates to plague grave so there are plenty of story's here too

There's a place close by called the "hell fire club" if anyone's wants to check that out
>>
Conor Mc Gregor knows.
>>
File: 1486601727488.jpg (77KB, 606x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486601727488.jpg
77KB, 606x1024px
>>18614108
When you want to fight you go to where the enemy is at, deus vult ye fuckin' blasphemes.
>>
>>18614208
You may want to take note of Ireland not having the same relationship to the church-as-empire as most of the rest of Europe.
>>
>talking about paranormal activity in Ireland
>no mention of the otherworld
>>
Don't you guys have like, dullahan and all manner of crazy fairy shit there?
>>
Living here for 11 years, moved here when I was 9.

Had one really fucking shady experience when I was 13

>playing playstation with my brother upstairs
>just me and him in the house, parents not back until morning
>playing tekken 2 player, having a pretty fun time
>hear a noise from downstairs, like a fork being dropped onto a tile floor
>we look at each other and get up, but don't rush downstairs because we're both pussies
>stand at the top of the stairs for about 60 seconds and wait to see if anything else happens
>nothing happens so we begin to slowly creep downstairs
>nearing the bottom of the steps we straight up hear a kitchen cupboard door close
>we run back up the stairs and try to find a weapon
>we both trap hurleys (used to play hurling, kinda like a hockey stick) and stand at the top of the stairs yet again
>wait 15 minutes in dead silent, we have our eyes at the bottom of the stairs and were prepared to run into the bathroom and lock ourselves in if we saw a physical enemy
>nothing happened again so we slowly go downstairs a second time, trying not to make any noise
>we make it to the kitchen finally, my brother goes in first
>we see that 2 cupboards and 1 drawer(cutlery) are open
>we notice a teaspoon on the floor, and some cleaning products that were in one of the cupboards were now on the floor just outside of the cupboard, but not as far away as the spoon
>we both kinda froze for like 15 seconds after taking it all in, my brother pulled his phone out
>about 7 seconds after he pulled it out we heard a crystalline *taptap* on the patio door like 7ft away from us
>the blinds were drawn so we couldn't see shit but as soon as we heard it we both fucking ran back up the stairs and into my bedroom, locked the door and rang our parents

We had to wait the night until 9am when they were back to leave the room, it was probably the most scared I've been in my life so far it really was a fucking weird night
>>
>>18615015
Posting via phone so expect some typos. But to anyone to who cared to read that there were so many paranormal occurences in my house around the time this occurred.

There was a period of about 3 months after this happened where so much shit went on even my parents who are super skeptical about this shit were freaked out

I think I know the reason it went on: all this happened about 2 months after we moved into our house, there used to be a fairy tree beside the house (about 5-6 meters away) but it was destroyed to make room for a house, it was around the time it was destroyed all this shit started happening in the house

Abyonw have any experience with these fairy trees? Not sure if that's the proper name for them but it's the only name I know them by

Also if there's any interest I'll post some more of the shit that went in those couple months tomorrow when I'm free
>>
>>18612747
you have pics of scar or of hairy rabid supernatural frogdog?
>>
>>18614115
my grandad tells a story that I think was in the hellfire club, I can't remember all of the details but I'll paraphrase

there were a bunch of lads in the club and someone knocked on the door
it was a stranger but they let him in
they all started playing cards, and after a while one of them dropped a card on the ground
when he went to pick it up he noticed that the stranger had cloven hooves, and he called him out, the stranger burst in to flames or disappeared or something and the hoof marks were scorched in to the ground
and I think they're still there
>>
>>18615015
Sure it wasn't a burglar? Perhaps he heard you two and quickly snuck out. You should consider it a good thing he didn't work his way upstairs before you noticed, shit could have gone downhill quickly.
>>
>>18615571
Doors and windows were locked and there was no sign of burglary after the fact. Parents made sure everything was locked before they left. Also why would a burglar be searching looking in drawers/cupboards in the kitchen. I would probably consider it more if other stuff hadn't happened in the months to come that wasn't really explainable
>>
>>18615971
What burglar steals some spoons and dish soap?
>>
>>18612631
I hope this isnt fucking RP i want rhis shit to be real but
> t./x/ RP
>>
>>18612747
Scar pics or gtfo
>>
>>18615971
I'd love to hear more of those stories.
>>
Kerry reporting in.
Iv'e seen weird lights and shit hovering above Mt.Brandon in the past,just there before christmas I saw a group of 5 red lights hover down into the mountain.
Other paranormal phenomenon from down those parts tell of some lake that has a giant serpent in it,Lough Veagh or something.
>>
>>18615974
leprechauns and pikeys
>>
>>18614106
Oh man, this shit cracks me up.
>>
>>18615971
I figured he could have been searching for silverware. Maybe that's a bit far-fetched, but thieves will steal anything that has value, like copper, or used cooking oil, etc.

Not trying to doubt you, I would like to hear some more stories too, if you have any.
>>
bumpity bump bump
>>
>>18616227
>>18616751
About 2-3 weeks after that shit happened in my house there was another weird happening, not gonna greentext this one it's a pain to do on my phone

I remember this one pretty vividly since I know 100% it's loose ends can't be tied up, not as threatening as the first story but still scared the shit out of me, anyway

It was a Sunday afternoon, parents always went shopping on Sundays I usually go but decided to stay home, recently got witcher 1 for my pc so was planning to just stay in and play it

Parents leave and its just me upstairs on my pc, they lock the door on their way out and go on their way. About 10 minutes later I go downstairs to get a capri sun and something to eat, nothing catches my eye on the way down but while walking back through the hallway I notice the keys in the keyhole gently swaying, very feint sway. (there were 2 keys for the door, one was with my parents and other was at home)

Didn't think much of them swaying, but said to myself how did they lock the door from the outside if the key is already in the inside, so I went over to lock the door, and found that it was already locked, from the inside with just fucking me in the house

So unless they locked to it from the inside and climbed out the window there's no explanation that I can provide as to how this happened, parents didn't believe me and just said that I could've blanked or something, but even if I did the keys were still on the inside so there's no way they couldve locked it on their way out

Sorry this story was a bit tame but it's been kinda stuck in my mind for a while was a really bizarre experience for me

Next occurence I had in that house is pretty sinister I'll post it tomorrow if I get time
>>
>>18612747
Nothing in this story happened, ESPECIALLY the part about you having sex, young virgin.
>>
Limerick here. There's feck all in the way of paranormal places here that I know of anyway. The only things Ive ever been near that are considered paranormal were a couple of fairy forts but never experienced anything strange while playing around in them as a kid.
>>
>>18615307
I've heard that story (with only minor derivation) so many fucking times I could shit, lad.
>>
>>18615307
How do you call out a guy having hooves ?

"HEY what the fuck is this faggot half-horse bullshit doing here!"
>>
>>18619313
>How do you call out a guy having hooves ?
I thought there was a lot of horseshit coming from your mouth.
>>
Arent the irish paranormal enough?
>>
>>18618361
yeah I was expecting that
still gonna ask his version again next time I see him
local chipper's always the best
>>
>>18618329
There's some Abbey in Limerick where people practiced Witchcraft in the 16th Century.
They say you can hear screams and see shadows there.
I'm not so sure where it is to be honest,but iv'e heard it being called the Black Hags Cell.
>>
Do we have the most comfy paranormal stories lads?
>>
File: .jpg (32KB, 425x405px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
32KB, 425x405px
>>
>>18618329
Also Limerick here, check out Mountshannon House also the Blood Mill Road is spooky as fuck
>>
>>18620455
Tarquin Blake featured Mountshannon house in one of his Abandoned Ireland books.
Can you just walk up to the building itself or must you ask someone?
>>
>>18620668
It's on private property i the middle of a field and I imagine if you wanted to do it legitimately you could (I know some students filmed a music video there, A fried of mine lives literally right ext to it so we used to just sneak through the fields to get in, Do they mention in the book the underground tunnels? (I think they pre-date the house itself)
>>
>>18620693
2bh man i'm yet to pick up the book as it is something I would be interested in cause im into abandoned exploration.
Can you go down into these tunnels? Do you know anything about them?
>>
>>18609837
>is the country that invented halloween and daniel O'donnell spookie?

what do you think?
>>
>>18612414
Bennigan's.

Paranormal Bennigan's.
>>
there's always good old ben side, and cailleach bheara.
cailleach is a bitch tho
>>
>>18621543
>good old ben side
Whats this?
>>
>>18609837
>paranormal shenanigans
>in Ireland
Dude. Ireland is one of the most paranormal places on the whole fucking planet. You can throw a rock and probably hit a haunted house. Ask any old person and they'll probably have a story about some local fairy happening.

And not that Tinkerbell pixie bullshit, but full-on campfire story shit you probably shouldn't hear before bed.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.