[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this dream mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2575.jpg (78KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2575.jpg
78KB, 720x540px
Okay, I keep having a similar dream over and over. Finally, I want to know wtf it means, because it just keeps happening.

I'm driving a vehicle (one of my own, I have multiple, so it is different sometimes) and when I go to hit the brakes, the car will slow down some, but it won't come to a complete stop. Sometimes it'll come really close, but it never comes to a complete stop.

Usually, I'm not in a crazy situation when this happens. I'll be in a parking lot and realize they're not working right, or I'll be in traffic and realize they're not working right. In other words, it's not like I'm going at incredibly high speeds when I realize they don't work right. Usually it's low speed, and I always try my best to steer and navigate around, but I'm afraid I'm going to hit a pole, or rear end someone in traffic.
>>
I get the same shit but its ususlly at crazy fucking speeds and i end up crashing. That or i have to drive on a tiny dirt road surrounded by water. Think it means that you dont have control on your own life. Had these fucki g dreams hundreds of times
>>
>>18607521
>everyone remembers you
>>
>>18609044
That makes sense, honestly. Thanks for the help, man. I've had some where I'm crashing before or drive off some high ass place, like a bridge, but I keep having these brake dreams a lot
>>
>>18607521
Not a particular dream here but something I've experienced many times in dreams is walking/running/driving and I start clipping through the ground (think of noclipping underneath a map in a game like Oblivion).

Once the ground passes above my eyes another layer of ground is there to replace it, so it's like a book flipping through pages and I'm caught in it until it becomes too intense and I wake up. I'm very curious what this means as it's a recurring thing since I can remember.
>>
>>18609921
Exactly same thing happens to me in the same way
>>
>>18609921
>>18610009
I'm glad I don't have those lol
>>
OP, it's probably just a portrayal of your fear of traffic accidents, even if a bit boring

>>18609044
Same goes to you. You have a certain fear of traffic accidents. Doesn't have to mean anything more than that.

>>18609921
The dream itself, might mean nothing at all, and just be a result of hypnopompia, when you're about to wake up. Hypnopompia is often mixed with weird feelings. Do you have anything like that? Maybe a tickling, physical pressure, or some boom pulsing through your body, or anything else?

But since it's a recurring dream, there may be something to it after all
If you break it apart, you're basically falling, but you've still got something to stand on

The commonly believed reason for falling dreams is like that other anon told OP, that you feel you're losing control of something, if yours is something similar, it might be that you aren't sure if you should feel like you're losing control or not.
>>
I was riding the tram to visit a friend, only i've barely been in that part of town, and haven't been at his place before. When i got there there were a few other friends of his, can only remember one of them though
We were gaming, until one of them told me about a huge black spider in the toilet. Don't know why he didn't tell the others.
I got the impression it was a tarantula even though it looked more like a widow with a smaller back-body and bigger central-body
It barely moved, i tried flushing it down, but it just rolled around on top of the water.
We gave up just closed the lid on it and got back to the others
After a while, i found the spider on the floor in the livingroom. I threw a box over it to contain it, and didn't do anything more

Later someone pointed out that the spider was hanging onto my back, can't remember how we got rid of it, but we did. When i checked the box, it hadn't been removed, it was broken up
And then another spider fell out of the arm of my sweater. a tiny one with a dark green body and big eyes.
I wanted to step on it, but one of the others stopped me telling me that it's blood and venom could burn away my skin. wouldn't even be safe with shoes on. So we just left it alone

Later, when i'm traveling back home on the tram, it's pouring down, and the rain has strangely brought out hundreds, maybe thousands of spiders into the streets. Of all kinds.
Most people didn't seem to notice them

I think that was all of it
What the fuck does it mean? And no, i'm not afraid of spiders
>>
>>18612287
The dreams it happens in tend to be me trying to get away from somewhere usually, sometimes I'm even just trying to walk down a sidewalk or road. The feeling is exactly like missing the last step of a staircase, except my foot has nothing to land on and it just get's exponentially faster (kind of like the falling animation when you jump off a building in Mirror's Edge except it doesn't get gradually darker as I go down).

The lack of control / having control thing makes a lot of sense to me honestly, but there's so many things that could've contributed to those feelings it'd take too long to piece it together here and I'd basically be doxxing myself at that point.

Thanks for the feedback though anon, at least I have a better idea of what to focus on now.
>>
>>18612373
>The feeling is exactly like missing the last step of a staircase
I'd say that probably qualifies for Hypnopompia

>except my foot has nothing to land on and it just get's exponentially faster
When i was a kid, i used to have something similar while about to wake up.
I would be flying fast through a long tunnel with a series of walls or gates. I couldn't stop, and as i passed the gates/walls, i would feel like a pulse went through my body. Like yours, it would only get faster and faster until i woke up

So whatever the dream says about you, it'll say something similar about me

>there's so many things that could've contributed to those feelings
Could it be they are all part of it?

No problem, mate.
If you know anything at all about dreams, could you look at the post above yours about spiders? That's mine, and i want someone's view
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.