[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some spooky cities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: DSC_8844_1.jpg (303KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8844_1.jpg
303KB, 1000x1500px
What are some spooky cities?
>>
>>18607385
I'm not certain, but the one time that I was in the town of Truro Massachusetts, I had creepy vibes. Almost like a feeling of dread. Would like for any anon to be able to confirm/deny this.
>>
Oniontown
>>
Garlicberg
>>
Celery City
>>
>>18607648
Can't say that I know what you're talking about. I've spent a lot of time in Welfleet and Eastham and I do not get any bad vibes from them. Are you in Truro in the wintertime? It is much quieter and lonelier I can imagine than in summer. Also what kind of place were you in? That area has a lot of maritime history, and with it a lot of people who perished at sea. Maybe that has something to do with it.

However, I am glad that the first place mentioned is in Mass. We actually have quite a few creepy places. Come down to the swamplands near Taunton, Bridgewater, and Fall River. These towns are extremely old and somewhat forgotten by modern standards. Creepy vibes originate from the Hockomock. I also thought Woonsocket RI was kind of creepy, but maybe because I was there in the middle of the night.
>>
Eggplantapolis
>>
>>18607385
Flavortown.
>>
>>18607385
Ciudad Cilantro
>>
Cabbageville
>>
West Parsnip
>>
>>18607685
Been to Welfleet and Eastham plenty of times... no creepy vibe from either of them. Maybe some sort of sense of loneliness I guess? I don't know, my creepy detector was just off the charts going through Truro. And it was either Summer or Fall, can't quite recall.
>>
Marta, Texas and for some reason Hollywood is attracted to this place.
>>
>>18607768
*Marfa... Sry on phone.
>>
Las Vegas
>>
>>18607385
Witch's Bloat, North Dakota
>>
Cardiff, Wales
>>
>>18607385
Detroit or Chicago have lots of spooks.
>>
>>18608177
why?
>>
>>18608177
Haha aye, cause they're all bloody english, would spook me too.

Holyhead always gave me weird vibes though.
>>
>>18607385
I always thought Dallas, TX had this ominous, other-worldy vibe to it, at least in the downtown areas of it at nighttime. I lived there for the first 9 years of my life,and despite all the positive memories I have of it growing up, the whole atmosphere just still felt really unnerving to me. Especially in the downtown areas, it feels like there always some kind of sinister force looming over the city in some kind of giant portal.
>>
>>18607385
Vienna and Budapest always had something rightning to them to me cause everything is basically built in blood.
>>
>>18607385
Pascaghoula
>>
Windsor Canada is pretty weird t. Windsorite not thT it's unsafe (sometimes it is) there's just something in the air
>>
>>18607685
Totally agree re Fall River. Strange vibes there for sure. Depressing. Providence had some eerie places, but I loved it.

I don't like the North Lake Tahoe area. At all. Beautiful and I love the lake itself, but super unnerving energy wise.
>>
>>18607385
Pretty much every town north of Las Vegas until you get to Reno. Driving through places like Goldfield made me feel like I was in a Hills Have Eyes movie
>>
Cucumberton
>>
File: 1482902030134.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482902030134.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
Youngstown
>>
White City NM.

Carlsbad NM.

Cimmaron NM.

Basically anything south of Santa Fe is fucking creepy.

OH! Also,

Eagle Pass TX

Del Rio TX

Shamrock TX

Skellytown, TX.

Where else have I been that scares me shitless...

Houston.
>>
why though?

all we are doing is naming places

give us stories faggots
>>
>>18608673
>this
nevada has loads of creepy destination with weird off roads with sketchy vibes and tiny towns that feel dreadful, im a local and i highly recommend going. Drive down highway 50.
>>
>>18611347
This
>>
>>18607385
Crackton
>>
File: pascagoula aliens.jpg (120KB, 1024x1071px) Image search: [Google]
pascagoula aliens.jpg
120KB, 1024x1071px
>>18608540
>>
Amy spoopy places in poland? I can visit?
>>
>>18608208
Holyhead always seemed fine to me, used to have to take the ferry back and forth to Ireland because of a medical thing a relative had way back.

BUT didn't that weird heritage apple variety get discovered on a wall of an abandoned monastery on a little island around there?
>>
File: DSC_8886.jpg (298KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8886.jpg
298KB, 1000x1500px
>>18607385
>>
Anything spoopy in Minneapolis or St. Paul? Looking for something to do
>>
gary, indiana
>>
File: not.jpg (681KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
681KB, 2048x1536px
Ontario has a whole bunch of towns that are deserted due to a bunch of mining operations shutting down over the past couple years
I took a train across Canada, from T.O to Van. and then back again, each time we passed through those ghost towns I got such a disturbing feeling.
The train would stop at one of them, wasn't an official stop, but they did it so the passengers could get out and stretch their legs and do a crew switch up also
I got out the first time, a woman was waiting outside the town, I guess they stop there often, and she was panhandling. Shit must be really desperate there.
I felt sorry for her and gave her a 10, was all I had on me, she left right after that. Looking back, I'm not entirely sure I saw her asking anyone else for cash
She got into town and then went down a dirt road out of view from where I was standing, guess she wasn't staying in the town anymore.

I had a smoke and was looking around the place, the town was around 100 meters from where the train had stopped
The houses had boarded up doorways and plastic covering windows, but most weren't boarded up at all. Doors swinging in the wind, the glass of the windows had been broken in the majority of them. It looked as if the place had been abandoned in a hurry.
The stop was only for 10 mins, so I didn't have the chance to go and get a better look at things. I'm not sure if I would have ventured into the town even if I'd had the opportunity.
Walking back to the train I noticed a dog sniffing around the place, it went into one of the houses that had it's door open. As we were pulling away from the town, didn't want the poor thing to starve or anything.
I looked at the house it had gone into, I distinctly remember the light blue colour of it. The plastic of one of the windows of the house had come loose at the bottom, and it was flapping in the wind. I could have sworn I saw someone standing in there.
Creeped me out, and I didnt get out of the train when it stopped there on the way back
>>
>>18607772
Some artist passed away there... and then his work got famous. So here come all the hipsters.
It is an odd little place. All the streetlamps are a dim yellow because of the observatory nearby.
I own a house directly off the highway there and a ranch in the outskirts,so I visit when the weather is nice.
>>
>>18608444
It's weird, but this is supposedly why Stephen King wanted to write 11-22-63, because he felt Dallas was an inherently evil and horrific place.
>>
File: minnesomalia.jpg (682KB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
minnesomalia.jpg
682KB, 3264x1952px
>>18614268
yes
>pic related
>>
>>18610026

Anything specific for any of those towns? I go all over southern New Mexico for work pretty often.
>>
>>18607385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX_vnO3YFgA
>>
>>18615693
omg i live a few blocks down lol
>>
File: pizza_captcha.jpg (814KB, 1966x1703px) Image search: [Google]
pizza_captcha.jpg
814KB, 1966x1703px
>>18607385
Washington DC, child abduction capital of North America.

Set your dowsing rod for "inhuman demon" and see where it leads you.
>>
Longview WA
>>
>>18615677
Speaking of Stephen King, anyone got any tales from Maine?
>>
>>18607385
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The battlefield is haunted
>>
>>18615729
Take it upon yourself to shoot those people, plz
>>
File: leadville.jpg (127KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
leadville.jpg
127KB, 1000x682px
Leadville Colorado is kind of creepy.
>>
>>18615694
White City is...or was...a resort town. The people who lived there (or lived in Carlsbad and drove there everyday)

worked in the "resort" which is a hotel and a mock old western style town of shops and a restaraunt.

Well. Long story short, I have been twice. As a little kid and then as a teenager. The first time everything was great! Then we went back and the place took a nosedive into "The Hills Have Eyed"ville. Every person we met had something glaringly wrong with them.

Carlsbad is only slightly better. It is just a town full of people sick of tourists. The real "creepy" part is the caverns. If you go to the caverns you can sort of take ypur own tour (against the rules but nobody can stop you). Being down there alone is spooky.

Cimmaron has the St. James motel which is supposed to be haunted. They have rooms literally baracaded shut because people complained so much about ghosts botgering them.
>>
>>18607685
woonsocket here. its not creepy
>>
>>18607385
klamath falls, oregon. a couple businesses go out every year. its actively becoming a ghost town. was, unfortunately, my hometown.
>>
File: Bonaventure-Cemetery-by-mjp.jpg (188KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bonaventure-Cemetery-by-mjp.jpg
188KB, 680x1024px
>>18607385
Savannah Georgia and Globe Arizona. I theorize traumatic events leave a bruise in the spacetime continuum, causing a time loop of a bad event repeating endlessly, until healed with love and forgiveness. Some of you reading this might be ghosts and not even know it. If so, I'm sorry, please forgive me, I love you, and thank you.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.