[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Crowley?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: c33aecc7aa81e24ca6c2f027cf9c45de.jpg (428KB, 971x1199px) Image search: [Google]
c33aecc7aa81e24ca6c2f027cf9c45de.jpg
428KB, 971x1199px
Thoughts on Crowley?
>>
So OP, you just feel like the board needs more threads. And just post real generic topics and an image and hope they take off?
>>
>>18607352
I want to know your thoughts on Crowley.
>>
>>18607348
Can I get a quick rundown on this guy?
>>
Full of shit cult leader.
>>
Oh look another bullshit occultist trying to meme their waifu by making posts asking disingenuous questions.

Fuck you.
>>
>>18607356
>a drunken roleplayer who liked to blow dudes and call it "magic"
>>
>>18607348
isn't this the guy who jacks off for meditation?
>>
Was he creative? I'm interested in the occult mainly for aesthetic inspiration so does crowley claim to have secret knowledge, write occult narrative prose rather than instruction? Or are there better occultists?
>>
>>18607348

An interesting historical character who left behind some interesting, if not brilliant, literature. Also a genuinely good magician in the sense that he did in fact research a wide variety of spiritual traditions, which required significant legwork back then.

Like the Mormons, he had his own story for his syncretic Thelema which he super-duper swore was true. And he did stick by that one story, above all others. But then of course he was a pathological liar so y'know. I'll say this: Learning about Crowley is a great catch-all way to learn about the occult in general, from the point of view of a generally interested outsider.

No, I would never have wanted to have known him personally. Yes he was a total dick.

>>18607683

People who are more serious about the occult than myself often have "some other person" that they prefer to Crowley for whatever reason. Still, my understanding is that a YUGE chunk of actual occultism being practised today stems from Crowley one way or the other. Crowley is in this sense inescapable, in part because he did write about other traditions in addition to building his own cult.
>>
also a member of british intelligence
>>
>>18607739
He was also good friends with Ian Fleming (author of James Bond)

And apparently he was the one who told Winston Churchill to make that V-sign in photographs, as some sort of occult psy-op against the nazis.
>>
What went on in his head?
>>
Me and my buddy made a psychedelic folk album about this guy. Not up online anyplace but I did a fair amount of research while we were writing it.

My overall feeling is that he was a writer whose reputation spread way farther than he ever did. He was anti-church and anti-establishment and so he was labeled as a satanist early as his life (i.e.: one who is against the church). At this point e fully embraced it and started including it in his writing. I almost look at it like sci-fi writing, but all the superstitious people were actually super scared which lended to his stardom.

He started a cult which got shut down and he ended up dying in a nursing home.

He had a lot of shenanigans, and heavy drug use blurred the line between his mind, reality, and his writings.

Quite an interesting dude. I do hope my friend comes back around and we post the record online sometime.
>>
>>18608191

Perhaps it was some thing more than drug use that blurred the lines between his mind, reality, and his writings.

I know you know who I am and have been watching me.
>>
gay faggot who sucked a million cocks
just like OP
>>
What's his endgame?
>>
>>18607348

Yes, my exact thoughts are: Thank you old chap. I hope you're satisfied with what you've helped conjure up.
>>
File: IMG_1908.jpg (14KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.jpg
14KB, 317x159px
Bogs make Crowley look like Uncle Fester
>>
>>18607396
>sucked dicks
>ate shit
>wrote a bunch of shitty books not really worth reading
>most overrated occultist of all time
>>
occult elites are nor connect with Crowle, or with other esoteric coteries. he was just like artist
>>
>>18607921
omg very occult
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.