[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious flash drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: what.jpg (17KB, 620x463px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
17KB, 620x463px
So, a while back my friend and i found a flash drive similar to pick related in a park near my house. we took it thinking there might be some cool shit on there. there was. A very long story about god knows what was on there with what we think is notes or chunks from the story thing. it looks to be formatted in html.here is a link so you can read it yourself: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11zVgJZs0zl-1CqkdyrZ0DP8kY-wdC430nsZGKulha5Q/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Note: the link is to a long story and not the complete file. the friend has the drive and i'll try to get it
>>
>it's yet another "I found something odd on my phone/computer/virus infected USB laying on the ground" thread
>>
>>18606995
nah we found it in a wooded area. this is weird shit guy
>>
>>18607000
I'm not giving you my details by going to your google docs m8.
>>
>>18607000
checked. like the wooded area had anything to do with it. i just think some crazy guy left it behind. it's still unsettling
>>
get me a dd image of the drive and i'll analyze it for lost chains due to deleted files.
>>
>>18607004
>>18607006
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2usdo02ordocwlo/AABfCfkTjJzTLDWYjOfNyqQTa?dl=0 there sorry
>>
>>18606994
>finds MYSTERY DRIVE full of Mystery Stuff!!
>writes story about it, friend takes drive
>read my story!!

sounds legit
>>
>>18607013
it's real. please trust me
>>
>>18606985
This doesn't look paranormal,maybe an strange shit.This looks an history from something......
>>
>>18607013
It could be an arg.

This board used to welcome args.
>>
Can't you fucking google for yourself? It's fucking copypasta of http://orig11.deviantart.net/e023/f/2006/063/5/4/ten_centuries_in_mystical_expe_by_postscience.html
>>
>>18606985
Nothing paranormal there yet
>>
>>18607036
jeez, sorry. my mistake. i wasn't thinking straight as i wanted answers. i'm such a fuking idiot
>>
i'm sorry for wasting your time. i'll just leave. bye
>>
>>18607051

http://postscience.deviantart.com/

this guy wrote it.
>>
His name is Roy Anderson from Springfield, VT. And here is a song from his band. http://www.purevolume.com/jesuschristfrankenstein

If you are in Springfield, you might give the chap a call and let him know you found his USB stick.
>>
>>18607067
it can't be. this was in CO. why would his shit be on a flash drive lying in a park?
>>
>>18607088

If it was in html it's probably copied off the web by some democrat. Fucking democrats think they are cool reading shit like this and saving it for later.

You have a hipster in colorado. Imagine that.
>>
last visit to deviantart is 10 years ago. jesus
>>
>>18607094
you're the real globalist shill, globalist shill.
>>
>>18607094
keep in mind there's other shit on there
>>
>>18607166

post it up proper. hooka it up to a linux box and smoke me a fat dd of it.
>>
>>18607031
ARGs can be fun, but shitty stories make them unfun. Also most posters of ARGs seem to think it means putting stupid pseud shit into some ASCII code variation.
>>
>>18607229
exactly man. i need to know what classifies as an arg. its a vague topic as an arg can be many things, mainly stories or unlocking some kind of prize. speaking of, i would like to start one some day
>>
>>18607270

As one of the chaps that won Cicada 3301, I can tell you, there are better ways to have an arg than encryption.
>>
>>18607274
yeah, instead of converting messages into hex and shit. i just don't have a great idea for a story or what exactly to do
>>
>>18607274
My uncle works at Nintendo and he says you're not being truthful.
>>
>>18607284

I mean, 3301 was pretty fun, but it made many many people drop out due to obfuscation with encryption and the need to learn things along the way. Pattern recognition was key.
>>
>>18607296

Primus can be solved, but the brute force method will never work. You have to look at the cyphers and see how they relate to various mystical cultural objects around the world in relation to magic squares.

Only one person from the IRC that ran the wiki actually solved the Primus.
>>
>>18607274
>thinks people believe him
>>
>>18607304
>Only one person from the IRC that ran the wiki actually solved the Primus.
No one has solved the Primus.
>>
>>18607324
so uh. refresh my memory on the primus?
>>
>>18607274
>>18607137 are you this guy?
>>
File: MzYo6ln.jpg (672KB, 3952x2912px) Image search: [Google]
MzYo6ln.jpg
672KB, 3952x2912px
>>18607330
70 odd pages of code in this runeshit. The runes follow a similar sort of thing to some short hands where there's a single character for ng/ing or th or w/e. Some characters all double up. In the translated pages the substitutions were based on the written spelling of the words rather than the sounds, so it's something that should be open to dictionary attack.

HOWEVER, a while back I tried a fairly sophisticated attack on it, and it was such that I currently believe the characters and/or words themselves are jumbled up somehow. At a guess it's something to do with the associated pictures. This was suspected by some at the time too, as I know 2 or 3 other IRC chat dudes were trying to superimpose different patterns over some of the content. So to give you an idea of my suspicion, pic related has the plain branching pattern, the curly lines that branch a little bit, and then a kind of mix of the two. Whatever transformation the branching pattern indicates, and whatever transformation the curly thing indicates, the curly and branching thing means do some combination of both. You'll also note that the dot pattern is embbedded into one of the little cross things, and that the mayfly appears in a number of guises, including in what I guess is a markov chain monte carlo variant.

You'll also note that some of the pages have more than one symbol, like it's not uncommon for the mobius to be included alongside some other symbol.

That's it anyway. Considerably more difficult than anything before it.
>>
>>18607392
damn. pages of undecryptable code.
>>
File: 06-May1.jpg (193KB, 800x302px) Image search: [Google]
06-May1.jpg
193KB, 800x302px
>>18607399
I stopped bothering. I may go back to it one day but really it's way way more difficult and probably way way less interesting than is worth bothering with. There's also an onion page that was meant to be accessed at some point, and what's the betting they're not maintaining that constantly after years?

In other news, I do dip in and out of the May Day Mystery every so often and think I may have had a couple of minor breakthroughs. At least with that one I feel like I'm getting to learn things I didn't know about before, whereas Cicada is like a lot of hard and boring work to get into le secret club.
>>
>A very long story about god knows what..

You didn't read it?? Oh right, why bother when you wrote it. Fuck off prankster.
>>
File: 855.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
855.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
This is a common tactic - aliens have been known to gaslight people by leaving flash drives in public places, to drive them away
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.