[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to lucid dream? I believe it's the key to everything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1436087738297.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1436087738297.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
How to lucid dream? I believe it's the key to everything.
>>
File: newtechpreview.png (76KB, 1661x636px) Image search: [Google]
newtechpreview.png
76KB, 1661x636px
>>
>>18601867
I actually do something really similar, almost the same. I wake up after 5 hours, then i take 10mg of ambien and go back to sleep. It's not lucid but gives me very vivid dreams so i think it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>18601867
Cap didn't even explain how to reality check.

For reality check, the most efficient method it's to watch your hands, they always look distorted while you are dreaming.

You can also set up triggers, that's what they were refering to in that screencap, I remember an experiment when they used red lights.

While the subject was sleping there were red light that turned on in front of the person sleeping, so in the dream he saw a car with red tail lights, then he realized that he was sleeping.

To achieve the lucid dream by entering the dream state while lucid, you have to learn how to control your breath and the involuntary reflex that twitch your body when you are about to fall sleep.

You do this by relaxing your body in a comfortable position, then you proceed to stay perfectly still for about 20 minutes, time it's shorter if you are more tired, but it's also harder to remain concious.
>>
>>18601833
I tried to create a lucid dreaming thread and provided all the necessary materials to get people started along with my personal insight about a week ago, but it died after receiving perhaps 5 replies.

It was my 4th attempt, I received about 200 replies on my first try, but the number has been declining. The only thing that /x is interested nowadays is summoning succubi and other forms of faggotry.

I can still dump what I've compiled if anyone is interested. But the "I believe it's the key to everything" sentence makes me afraid this is going to be just another roleplaying shitfest.
>>
>>18601918
I kind of miss dream threadsm, they are obviously a lot of work for the staff, but there's a lot of interesting stories.

The thread it's open and you here so go ahead an dump I'm listening.
>>
>>18601961
Alright. You need to keep a dream journal and increase your dream recall by writing down all your dreams once you wake up. Then you need to learn to question reality and be present in the moment. A good way to attain such a state of mind is by using one or more induction techniques.

I'd recommend using DILD, perhaps combined with MILD. Those will train you to realise you are dreaming from inside the dream. With WILD, you are entering the dream directly from a waking state and it often is the most appealing one, but I'd advise agains using it, because it isn't guaranteed to work and it's an easy way towards frustration.
DEILD is a form of WILD and it's a useful tool to have at your disposal. Do not try all of those techniques at once, it will only distract you. It usually takes one week to a few months to get lucid for the first time, but it will start coming to you naturally once you get the hang of it. Lucid dreaming is a skill. You'll need to spend some time on those techniques if you want to see results.

How to build your dream recall:
dreamviews com/dream-signs-recall/132328-dream-recall-compendium html

Explanation of reality checks:
dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/146843-reality-checks-rcs html

The DILD technique:
dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/143353-dild-dream-initiated-lucid-dream html

The MILD technique:
dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/143399-mild-mnemonic-induction-lucid-dreams html

The WILD technique:
dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/143366-wild-wake-initiated-lucid-dream html

The DEILD technique:
dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/143376-deild-dream-exit-initiated-lucid-dream html

As for the literature, Stephen LaBerge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" is the book that popularised lucid dreaming and it's the basis for most of the induction techniques as we know them today and I can heartily recommend it.

If you have any questions regarding the techniques, let me know.
>>
>>18601987
The amount of information might seem a bit overwhelming. So perhaps it's good to realise that lucid dreaming is not all about following a certain technique to every last bit. It's about developing the right state of mind and mental abilities. But if you are a beginner, those induction techniques are your best bet. Once you begin to understand how and why does those techniques work, you can tailor them to your own liking and perhaps even develop your personal ones.
>>
>>18601987
What are some good techniques for controlling the dream once you've reached lucidity? It's actually been quite easy for me to induce more DILDs with surprisingly minimal effort, but I'm having trouble steering the dreams in the direction I want them to go in.
>>
Oh and looks like one of my previous threads was archived so here's the link if you feel like reading through it.

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18341284/
>>
>>18601987
Thanks, i saw this on previous threads,but i didn't have time to check the links,i'll do it now.
>>
>>18602010
Well, it really depends on the feat you want to accomplish. In general, you need to be a bit subtle about dream control. If you fail to do something directly, the indirect approach is often more effective. It can be useful to make use of expectation (if you can't materialise things or people from thin air, expect them to be around the corner, behind you, behind a door, etc.). Another useful thing is justification, you need to justify to yourself why something should work and it likely will. Be creative, your options are endless just like the ways you can make something work. And lastly, don't overthing it, if you expect something to fail, it's going to fail and vice versa.
If you have a specific thing you want to accomplish in mind, I can tell you how I'd try to do it.

If you are feeling adventurous, this is a bit more comprehensive source of information about dream control:
dreamviews com/dream-control/144566-dream-control-tutorial html
>>
clear your mind before going to bed
>>
Bump. Moar dream threads and less succubi
>>
how to astrial project? Does anyone have one of those graphs that just highlights the important points. When you google you're gonna get some long fucking documents about how some person was crying into a shamans arms in the astrial realm
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.