[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Atlantis exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1830.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1830.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
Did Atlantis exist?
>>
>>18596014
It was based on distant, distorted folk memories of the Minoan civilization and its collapse.
>>
IT'S A FUCKING METAPHOR IT'S JUST A FUCKING METAPHOR THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SPEND MONEY ON I DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHAT SORT OF SEARCHES AND MACHINERY AND WHAT NOT THERE IS NO ATLANTIS YOU DUMB CUNTS
>>
>>18596014
It's in Georgia, USA.
Dicksplats.
>>
>>18596040
Redpill me on Atlantis
>>
>>18596014
Read Ringing Cedar books...they explain it accurately, what it was and how it ended
>>
>>18596014
Atlantis Existed In The Larger Mirror Dimensions
>>
*Read up on some Graham Hancock to start.
*hey they did find a “Lost Continent” under the island of Mauritius -- but I stay skeptical its Atlantis. Atlantis was a global civilization.
*Disclosure now on any finds in Antartica...
>>
Jesus, didn't ANYONE see the last six episodes of "Vision of Escaflowne"?
>>
File: EVIL_ITSELF.png (369KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
EVIL_ITSELF.png
369KB, 640x422px
Yes. It's currently pretty snowy down there.
>>
>>18596014
No. The story originated in two dialogues written by Plato (Timaeus and Critias) and were later hijacked by new agers like Ignatius Donnelly into the modern Atlantis myth.
>>
>>18596770
Buzz Aldrin sure likes his porridge. Ha ha ha!
>>
>>18596182
It's from a story Plato made up, the moral of which is "Power corrupts."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p06j1LUsJu0
>>
>>18596880
damn i could go for some rice pudding.
>>
It was first mentioned in a story by Plato, the whole point of it was to send the moral of how power corrupts. Though i still do find the idea of atlantis really cool and love all the theories on it and watching the documentaries even though its almost certain it doesnt exist
>>
>>18596014
>did
It still does anon....
>>
could plato have writen about atlantis durrr durrr
>>
>>18596014
Atlantis never existed.
>>
>>18596014

Probably.
>>
>>18596876
It's important to remember too that Timaeus was the only dialogue readable in Western Europe for about a millenium. The Atlantis misreading is comparable to people today that think that the Republic is meant to be like a fool proof plan for making a city.
>>
TT here.
Originally made as a joke to mock yodobashikamera's failed plan to build underwater city.
>>
>>18596014
Exist in relation to what? To our material earth? No. But the fact that we can talk about Atlantis proves that on some level it does exist.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.