[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dangers of invocation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: poderes_espirituales[1].jpg (95KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
poderes_espirituales[1].jpg
95KB, 450x475px
If I construct an invocation circle, and perform all the necessary energy-work, preparation, and incantations for opening one's body and allowing contact with "the spirit world", what precautions should I take?

By "invocation" I specifically mean letting myself essentially become possessed, but in a controlled magical environment.

Can my body and mind safely survive if I use my own body as a medium for "absorbing" whatever I summon? Say if I happen to contact a "demon", how can I ensure I can reason with it? Not to mention safely banish it when I need to.
>>
No precautions because none of this is fucking real

Take a bloody shit on a pentagram and chant hail Satan for all anyone cares, you'll still wake up tomorrow and eat the slightly undercooked Hungry Man™ dinner your mom threw in the oven for you while thinking of your next roleplaying story
>>
>>18595173

How much of the light spectrum can you see with the naked eye?
>>
File: 1483514493369.png (536KB, 1024x649px) Image search: [Google]
1483514493369.png
536KB, 1024x649px
>>18595145

Only you can hear me Summoner, what Master Piece should we play?
>>
>>18595173
If none of it's real then there is no harm in trying.

If even some of it is real then there could be A LOT of harm in trying. I just want to make sure.
>>
>>18595173
People say that shit until they try Ouija boards too.

9/10 times nothing happens but that one fucking out of ten it always does. Don't mess with shit you don't understand.
>>
>>18595145
I hear it depends. Some angels are too big for you, some just want to leave, Voodoo entities want to take you over etc.

Find a nice guy, like ganeesh or micheal to start with.
>>
>>18595189
Without trying to sound edgy, what if I just say "fuck it" and willingly open myself to a "demon", or "voodoo" entity like you call it? Like are they actual thinking personalities who will plot against you, and completely take over your body split-personality style?

Or is it more like a bad-luck curse or some physical illness can happen?

I've seen supposed "real" videos of "possession", but I'm always thinking "even if I got possessed I wouldn't act like a retard like that".
>>
>>18595189
>Some angels are too big for you
Kek
>>
>>18595188
t. bullshit occultist
>>
>>18595195
There is no really sense or rules in any of this stuff. For example, Ape of Thoth and few other namefags in this board might have performed Goetic invocation few years ago and 2.5 half years later end up in car crash -> Alas! The demon avenged my magical treatment of him after all.

There is no logic or any sort of "rules" in these kind of things. Only larping
>>
>>18595195
It will just wreck havoc in your life because you would invite darkness and chaos into it. It would completly devastate your shit without the demon even doing anything. You are like a magnet, if you surround yourself with darkness and chaos thats what you will attract.

Plus the demon would probably kick your ass on top just because you were stupid enough to do such a thing

>Or is it more like a bad-luck curse or some physical illness can happen?
Depression, bad luck, illness, anxiety, loss of friends, expanded vices, bad things happening, your life turning into waste, you get the idea
>>
>>18595195
If you can't on your understand why inviting a being much more powerful than you are, with motives of its own which you have no way of knowing, to come into your body, is a terrible idea, then you are beyond help. I'm sorry for whatever happens to you but there'll only be your own stupidity to blame.
And yes, they can take over your body, they have more to gain from having a body than you do from having a demon in your now shared body. Maybe they'll be great and you'll benefit from each other and live happily ever after, but the likelihood of that is negligible.
Also, angels usually don't give enough of a shit to interact with us, much less try to possess someone, so chances are a demon will answer your call.
>>
>>18595178
Not mych. But you can sure measure shitons of energy all the way down to neutrinos. College kids wouldve picked up spirits with mid tier equipmemt.
>>
>>18595188
Yet still no video
>>
>>18595145
A rule of thumb is this: approach the being in question with respect, be precise with your wishes and keep in mind that certain demons/creatures/whatever do not follow whatever logical rules humans have fashioned for themselves. That's my advice after a few attempts at Goetic invocation.
>>
>>18595145
That's not controlled. That pure experimentation, not a good idea. Though you did come here for advice so here it is, just do whatever you feel is needed.
>>
>>18595371
>>18595356
>>18595298

Thanks guys. I've done quite a bit of research on a few branches of magic so I'm well aware of the risks. I just wanted to hear some outside viewpoints.

Invocation seems like a bad idea in general for a newbie, but evocation of lesser spirits could be a place to start? If I present some sort of other medium for communication to pass through and focus on that, as well as applying necessary protection around myself.

I've read Greater Key a lot, but I'll look a lot deeper into things before actually trying anything practical.
>>
File: fig153-4[1].jpg (35KB, 375x512px) Image search: [Google]
fig153-4[1].jpg
35KB, 375x512px
I keep finding this set of circles when looking up the subject.
>>
If you have to ask (on /x/, of all places) you really shouldn't be doing it.

Keep studying and training in the basics. Find a teacher. Don't fuck around with things you don't understand.

In general, invoking a demon is just a plain bad (and stupid) idea.

Even invoking generally "benevolent" forces can have intense and potentially dangerous effects, doing it with something malevolent is not only stupid, it's pointless (since the whole purpose of an invocation is to bring yourself more in-sync with an entity or current, and there's no reason to want to become "more" like a demon).

If you're really interested in doing this stuff, find a teacher. If you absolutely can't, I'd suggest undertaking the training in Franz Bardon's first book as prep work, then using the second as a manual for evoking generally benign or neutral nature spirits and celestial intelligences.

Those old grimoires are dated and incomplete, and for everyone who gets positive results from them, there are 50 who either achieve nothing or fuck themselves over in some way. There are easier, safer and much more effective ways to achieve the same (or better) results.
>>
You dont need any precaucions, since nothing will happen. Please take your pills.
>>
>>18595385
Just work with Archangels. They are benevolent and help without asking anything in return, just for the sake of helping.
>>
>>18595173
That was oddly specific. Speak from experience?
>>
Surround yourself with light rather than darkness and in attuning yourself to that you invite more light into your life.

Barring angels, seek out similar upper-planar entities. It's a matter of discretion by your freedom of choice in how to reshape yourself.

Whether you believe them as independant entities or portions of your own subconscious mind, they do exist in a format you can 'astrally' interact with.

Aim for things that increase good fortune like the Myobu kitsune of Inari or similar things alongside guardians.

Most of all?
EVOCATION, NOT INVOCATION.

Surround yourself but don't invite them completely inside you unless carefully vetted.

Besides the Holy Spirit of the Almighty, the one thing I fully 'INvoked' (in astral ritual) was a pact with a primal nature entity shaped like a green dragon. Even months later my astral 'Body of Light' has scales that spread out and change my personality to a more forcefully dominant one when any energy is directly focused into them. Though the dragon worked out for me, other entities could easily twist you in a way you don't want to go.
>>
What have Anons here tried invoking before?
>>
File: best x advice.jpg (121KB, 932x484px) Image search: [Google]
best x advice.jpg
121KB, 932x484px
>>18595398
this post should be the official sticky for /x/. you win all my internets. screencapped for posterity.
>>
>>18595398
>'d suggest undertaking the training in Franz Bardon's first book as prep work, then using the second as a manual for evoking generally benign or neutral nature spirits and celestial intelligences.

kek
>>
File: waneella-pixel-art-04[1].gif (1MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
waneella-pixel-art-04[1].gif
1MB, 600x600px
>>18596554
So the important thing is how I construct my evocation environment?

I had in mind using proper circles on the floor, a combination of traditional and self-composed ones. I will use some sort of medium inside the circle designated for the spirit to appear in. And lastly I will perform all this while Astral, to keep a close eye on any changes in the environment/energy in case I'm successful.

I have studied magic quite a bit simply out of curiosity, and I'm familiar with energy-work and meditation and consecration rituals, as well as other stuff, but I've never actually attempted to verbally contact anything. I keep a critical and analytical, yet completely open mind when it comes to magic.

If anything it seems almost as subjective as art, which is interesting.

>>18595398
>Franz Bardon's first book as prep work

I'll look it up. I've also read "Grimiore" and "Companion" for the "Apprentice Wizard" books by Oberon Zell Ravenheart. I got them when I was really young and started getting into magic. They're fun kind of "Wicca for Dummies" books.
>>
>>18598230
http://pastebin.com/v6qsewmw
>>
>>18598230
It's not the physical environment but regulating your internal one while choosing to work with upper-plane rather than lower-plane creatures.

Circles do help in concentrating energy though or containing it, while ritualization brings your perception more easily in tune with your contacted target to help trigger a more full manifestation...while props in your working environment may aid in thinning barriers between planes for a stronger 'signal' of communication.
>>
>>18595145
A years work of meditation before evoking
>>
>>18595265
Does anyone get off scot-free after working with demons?
>>
>>18600449
It'll always leave some kind of mark from sharing in their presence. Even if growing up past it to new heights there will still be little nudges that will have played upon your future choices in life. Every encounter with people or spirits helps shape who you are depending on your choices in dealing with them. For good or ill.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.