[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: superS.jpg (12KB, 615x589px) Image search: [Google]
superS.jpg
12KB, 615x589px
Weird Super S thing? I remember that there was a symbol everyone that used to draw at school. I live in UK by the way. At my school they called it the Super S. Nobody knows where the symbol orignated from. It has been reported to USA to Italy to Australia but where did it come from? Is it paranormal?

Pic related the symbol in question.
>>
File: thisshitt.png (694KB, 909x608px) Image search: [Google]
thisshitt.png
694KB, 909x608px
CRAP THREAD
>>
We also drew this at my school as kids, and I'm from Quebec. Trippy that this was before kids really had access to the internet but I doubt it's paranormal in any way.
>>
>>18593634
>Trippy that this was before kids really had access to the internet

Being so retarded you think "before the internet" has any bearing on this.
>>
>>18593643
How comes nobody knows where did it come from or how the trend picked up?
>>
How does any trend start. Someone started it, someone saw and started doing it, people travel, tag shit some one in another country and started doing it. Spooky paranormal shit.
>>
memes are weird like that
>>
>>18593620

It's just a meme before they were generally called that. Nothing paranormal about it
>>
>>18593620
Doesn't this have to do with the band slipnot ?
>>
>>18593819
maybe it was S CLUB 7 LOL
>>
It has to do with gangs from Southern California, mainly Los Angeles. They would graffiti it
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 78x250px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 78x250px
>>18593819
>>
It looks like the infinity symbol
>>
>>18593620
It's some bullshit american meme that very obviously looks like some kind of university or football logo. Haven't ever seen it in South America.
>>
>>18593822
hahhahahaah holy shit
>>
>>18593655
We used to call it a "Superman S," an iconic symbol especially amongst young males.
>>
>>18593620
You know, I never did figure out what that was about.
t. belgium
>>
In Greece we called it "smile" because we would draw more letters next to it to form the word "smile". The L looked like a coconut tree and the rest of the letters simply looked balooney. Such a simple time...
>>
File: dream.gif (257KB, 399x276px) Image search: [Google]
dream.gif
257KB, 399x276px
>>18593620

Does it stand for hope?
>>
>>18593941
same
was a kid in the 90s in Ontario
>>
I call it a "Stussy", no clue where it originated from but what the other dude said about it having to do with gangs makes sense.
>>
File: ewww.jpg (14KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
ewww.jpg
14KB, 364x366px
These threads are so fuckin' stupid.

Every couple of months someone posts this lame doodle. Then other retards flock in and say, "I seen it too!". Over and over again. Nothing new learned, boring low level shit thread for slow kids.... then it'll fade and a few months latter same crap all over again.
>>
>>18594487
Stussy was the name of a clothing brand that used it as a logo in the early 90s.
>>
>>18593822
holy fuck m8, totally missed that one
>>
>>18593620
Mara salvatrucha (MS-13) gang symbol.
>>
>>18593620
it is easy to draw and looks cool, that is also the case with stars, kida always draw this two symbols
>>
its southsider 's' for scraps in california, thats where it is from
>>
>>18593620
The autistic emo kids at my elementary and middle school did this as well.

I'm a mexican and I'm 19 btw.
>>
It's from Skatemafia I think
>>
>>18594525
This was never an MS13 symbol. The Mexican kids in school were too dumb to draw it. Gang symbols are never as complex as tagger crew symbols, they always just straight up write stuff because they're not that creative.

It's from the brand Stussy. It was just cool if you could draw it and it became a meme. Similar to the triforce on /b/.
>>
Ausfag reporting in,
Can confirm kids at my school (including me) would draw this all the time.
>>
File: superD.png (6KB, 421x436px) Image search: [Google]
superD.png
6KB, 421x436px
Weird Super D thing? I remember that there was a symbol everyone that used to draw at school. I live in UK by the way. At my school they called it the Super D. Nobody knows where the symbol originated from. It has been reported to USA to Italy to Australia but where did it come from? Is it paranormal?

Pic related the symbol in question.
>>
Stussy symbol
>>
>>18593655
>>18593634
Like all trends from one person to another slowly ,it's not like these were isolated instances where it developed independently. Is there anyone evidence of it being drawn in say an Asian country ? Mostly likely popularize among exchange students friends cousins from foreign countries, people traveling abroad in English speaking cultures . It's a very western looking thing given it's the letter S
>>
>>18593620
it's so bizarre, I wonder how anything catches on like shoes or forks, or knock knock jokes ?
>>
>>18593620
It's the sign of schnelsen
It's a district of the german City Hamburg
>>
What the fuck It's the "What comes around goes around" symbol. What the fuck /x/ seriously.
>>
>>18593620
Southside.
>>
>>18595286
It was being drawn by kid in the american military brat school system in Germany even back in the 1970s.
>>
>>18595364
>kids
>>
>>18595364
So if the military brats were doing it that would explain how it got spread all over the world, in american controlled territories at least. I moved once every year and a half for the first 20 years of my life because dad was army. Back and forth between Europe and America mostly.
>>
File: Stussy_Logo.jpg (29KB, 444x392px) Image search: [Google]
Stussy_Logo.jpg
29KB, 444x392px
>>18594517
>Stussy was the name of a clothing brand that used it as a logo in the early 90s.

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1373749933553.jpg (40KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
1373749933553.jpg
40KB, 460x500px
The "S" topic is as retarded as asking about the Grifter. It's been done to death and goes no where.

It's just some dumb doodle kids scribble, it's everywhere because it's easy to draw. Some people have lame back stories they heard from a friend of a friend about how it really means this or that.

It's just a doodle. Having seen when you were a kid doesn't make you a special snowflake.
>>
the s stands for SIMULATION and its the only tangible clue we've been given so far as to the nature of reality.
>>
>>18593620

i remember this shit when one kid who was diaspora trash but returned showed it to everyone and everyone took the b8, except me because whatever everyone does, i must do the opposite
>>
i lived in Florida. I always knew this as a "Surfer's S."
>>
>>18595280
Well I live in India and I remember other kids in school teaching me how to draw this.I live in very isolated town so it is hardly likely that a American trend could pick up here. I like one theory that it is infinity symbol, and this is how our young minds perceived it. Simulation sounds good too
>>
>>18593620
I always thought it was a Slipknot symbol. Not sure why I thought that considering I liked Slipknot and should've known better.

Still drew it on everything though.
>>
i grew up in jamacia 13 years ago and kids where drawing it from grade 3 back then
>>
File: 1484109682794.jpg (8KB, 176x186px) Image search: [Google]
1484109682794.jpg
8KB, 176x186px
>>18593620
Wait, that's an S? I always thought it was an 8! We always called it the 8 of diamonds because it looked like a diamond that had been carved to look like an 8. Weird.
>>
>>18595036
Well played sir!
>>
>>18593620
MSU Spartans?
>>
>>18595807
India use to be a British colony though lots of Indian's go to British and other English speaking universities.
>>
>>18593620
It's a pre-internet meme. check out killroy
>>
>>18593620
the symbol originates from a clothing company. stussi. thus it's the stussi S. no mystical bullshit, just consumerism.
>>
tl;dr it's the 'control rune' of the northmen.
If you you can make this sign in a material, then you have 'chained' it's essence.
>>
Yes's I remember all the kids trying to draw the best one in elementary,I'm sure there's a reason for this,I'm in Montreal by the way
>>
>>18597667
This.
And that>>18597667
>>
There was actually someone who tried to track down the origin of this since everyone recognizes it but no one knows where it comes from other than everyone draws them in school. The conclusion was it's so simple to construct, it's just really easy for a young child to figure out how to draw it and then monkey see monkey do. It's admired for it's simplicity and for being aesthetically pleasing despite that. That's why it spreads like wildfire. That's how it became an unspoken legend. It's like boys touching thresholds they can reach when they grow tall enough. There's no reason they do it, it's just a pissing contest. The S isn't even that, it's just highly repeatable.
>>
>>18595280
>say an
>sayan
>Asian
You talking Goku nigga?
>>
>>18595280
Irishfag reporting in. We had this shit too.
>>
WOW!!! Great THREAD, i think they just draw that in my school , now suddenlty is all around the world O,o ,i remember draw this when i was 12 just because other classmates draw it , and also ni ke , it has to have an special meaning , or maybe the brainwash of hollywood about superman , but well the coinsidence do not exist , so maybe we will find the reason why, all around the world hmmm interesting
>>
>>18593620
Stussy super S
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.