[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hell a real place? Returning Catholic trying to make sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: nEnNzHJ.jpg (585KB, 2835x1663px) Image search: [Google]
nEnNzHJ.jpg
585KB, 2835x1663px
Is Hell a real place? Returning Catholic trying to make sense of things here. thx
>>
Yeah we live it
>>
>>18592233

>>18592233

Hell is the same thing as samsaric consciousness, which is the same thing as fire in the stoic cosmology. It is a metaphor for existing in nature instead of spirit, for being constantly divided up and moved by forces greater than yourself over which you can never exert a will. By extension, demons are just the reflections of men in nature. They look like that mostly because men tend to project their own evil onto nature in a sort of continuous feedback loop, but also because what is good ascends and what is bad descends, and so over time nature takes on forms that are harder and harder to love. The true meaning of the rapture is a spontaneous recognition of the fact that everything greater has ascended and you are alone with yourself and like, a few other assholes, in a continuous state of arbitrary rearrangement that you probably lack the spirit to escape from.

You are genuinely better off looking for occult secrets by playing Undertale than by doing any other kind of reading or activity except genuine prayer, seeking love in the sovereign language of your own heart through both thought and action.
>>
HELL is real!! It is way more complex and serious than usually portrayed. Hell is a battery farm for higher dimensional beings. They've trapped us in a matrix on this plane and the next. Everyone is going to hell there is no way out. Don't follow the light.
>>
>>18592240
Toby is that you you're such a card
>>
>>18592259

No, but you do me a tremendous compliment by thinking so, and I thank God that he has performed an unthinkable alchemy on me.
>>
File: 1481819430033.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481819430033.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
Hell is other people.
>>
>>18592264
Hell confirmed for real
>>
>>18592233
It is real and it is where sinners go. Though it isn't actually named in the Bible.
>>
>>18592233
well, you could say that it's the opposite of heaven. If Heaven is the blessing of being 24/7 in contact with God, Hell is the horror of not being with God. so, is it really real? I dunno but I think it is. God needed to put Lucifer somewhere.
>>
>>18592233

It's about as real as Valhalla brother.

Maybe you might wanna look up the traditional translation of "hell" (Sheol) from the Bible.

It's ok to be a lord of the rings fan. But you can't tell other people you're an expert without reading the Silmarilian/Hobbit and LOTR books respectively.

tl;dr - death is a quick slumber. Nothing more , nothing less.
>>
File: Funkadelic.jpg (44KB, 520x300px) Image search: [Google]
Funkadelic.jpg
44KB, 520x300px
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS WITHIN
>>
File: voices.jpg (204KB, 603x598px) Image search: [Google]
voices.jpg
204KB, 603x598px
>>18592233
Yes.
>>
>>18592233
Maybe /x/ is the wrong place to ask questions like that one. People here have usually zero education about religion, as proven in the answers here.
If you're honest about coming back to the Catholic faith take this as a first answer: Hell is the absence of god, inflicted by human beings on themselves. The further away they get from god, the light, the colder it gets. There is a nice metaphor in Dante's commedia: Satan sits in the deepest layer of hell, frozen to the ground, weeping, and flapping his wings in memory of the grace of god.
>>
I can see that you were worried about what happens to you when you die. Fact is, everyone speculates, everyone argues. But nobody really knows. Maybe we were we are already in hell. Or maybe hell is just a state of mind. Why worry about what happens when you die anyway?
>>
It is but it is not permanent if you do go there.

All souls will eventually reunite with God. Such is the meaning of Grace.
>>
File: 1464276650137129474.jpg (280KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1464276650137129474.jpg
280KB, 1600x900px
>>18592329
Some people actually care about other spirits and actively work to accommodate them during the course of their lives

You only think of yourself therefore your opinion is invalid
>>
>>18592233
Yes it is.
I liked what >>18592240 said, but I disagree that prayer is the only thing worth doing in order to get spiritually mature within the catholic church.
The Bible would be meaningless if that was true.
>>
>>18592233
Former Catholic who still keeps close to my roots here. I think it's really a metaphor for something else rather than an actual "location/dimension". According to Catholic Doctrine it is a real place though.
>>
File: Giger-Dune_Worm_XII.jpg (234KB, 1200x847px) Image search: [Google]
Giger-Dune_Worm_XII.jpg
234KB, 1200x847px
>>18592233
Man I love Giger. Can we turn this into Giger thread? I'll dump pics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.