[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Privacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1438276267666.png (46KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
1438276267666.png
46KB, 1536x864px
I cant shake the feeling that google is collecting all of my data and sending it to thw nsa. While this isnt paranormal, it is a conspiracy which has been confirmed, essentially, at this point. Any good privacy suggestions?
>Pic Unrelated
>>
To explain what i mean: android phones, chome, gmail, youtube, everything is run by google and all of these services know essentially everything about us. Im wanting replacements for these services, along with messaging apps and vpns that you guys recommend.
>>
Reality is if they want it, they'll get it. Unless you want to be a hermit and live in the middle of nowhere it's getting pretty tough.

The question you need to ask yourself is what is it you want to hide? I understand privacy is important but unless you are doing something illegal you shouldn't worry.
>>
>>18589283
I am not, but lets imply that i AM doing something illegal just for sake of getting more useful suggestions.
>>
>>18589286
Using tor browser can help some
>>
>>18589275
Public communication channels were never secure.Some people seem to think this id something new, but even in theb1800's governments kept track of what was sent through telegraph lines and post offices.Spies still use dead drops and burst encoders and for a good reason.
>>
>>18589275
Basically almost everything is at least somewhat linked to Google, and the government can pull up just about any info they want if you are a big enough target.

Only way to browse anonymously would be to get a cheapo laptop, run software off your bios that hides your location, and use the tor browser to browse anonymously. Never log into your own WiFi and keep the computer off unless you are away from your house.
>>
>>18589283
It's not a matter of hiding anon it's a matter of its fucking illegal and fuck the man
>>
>>18589275
Tutanota looks alright, it's free, open source and encrypted.

The most you can do is something like tor and bitcoin in most cases, but you have to be really careful about keeping your bitcoin stash as anonymous as possible. The moment you make a transaction that would link back to you you'll have poisoned the well for all transactions p much. This makes it only practically useful for online services such as vpn or email subscriptions.

For ISP you could either use a PAYG phone with data all paid in cash, or I guess you could buy a satellite internet with bitcoin and hook up the dish yourself (although they can be a little funny about badly configured equipment). The first is usually not so good for large amounts of data being used, the second has long ping times so both are a bit useless if you want to skype or game or something. You could also consider that not all ISPs are as good at keeping records as each other, you might find a smaller company will lose your info faster than a large one.
>>
>>18589367
I learned about all of this and think that the best way to go totally private is just to not use the internet. For me though, its not reasonable.
>>
To think that someone is watching you (though not the topic) is completely irrational, as the manpower to do such a thing would far exceed what's currently in place.

The us government uses and pays google for information on the most wanted criminals and people, not on citizens.
>>
>>18589275
1. Use www.duckduckgo.com
2. Search for #OpNewblood.
3. Become Anonymous.
>>
>>18589367
GooglEchelon
>>
>>18589275
>google is collecting all of my data and sending it to thw nsa

Google is russian, they won't send it to a US agency.
>>
>>18589275
DESU it's not just Google collecting info, it's basically very site in existence. Any site with adds that specifically name your city or gender are in the know of your online activities as per their privacy policies.
But who the fuck reads those amirite??
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.