[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any /x/ theories on king arthur?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

was he real? what about merlin, the lady of the lake, excalibur etc?
>>
Yes. And soon he will come back and save us from the Muslim demons
>>
He was a knight purest of heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35GUTY_Gr14
>>
>>18588846
The prevailing theory is that he's based very loosely on a real person (an ancient Welsh king), but the version we have is after medieval poets worked on the story a fair bit.

So what you think of as King Arthur never existed as a real person, and likewise the rest of the story (if you want to consider it one story). Cobbled together out of bits and pieces of folklore and oral history to make something that resonates.
>>
>>18588878
Mixed with quite a bit of Hermeticism in the middle ages. But I believe I read that the real King Arthur, the Welsh king that you mentioned, died trying to drive off the invading Saxons.
>>
they made him look awesome thus immortalizing him. pretty nice of his friends
>>
>>18588846
Merlin was invented by the French author centuries later and wasn't in the original earlier renditons of the legend
>>
>>18589345
He's a representation of the old druid ways. It's a connection to their ancestral ways to the new, forced Christian way.

Christianity has always modified itself to adapt and take over a culture.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.