[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /x/, why do we exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

File: Pent.png (27KB, 142x211px) Image search: [Google]
Pent.png
27KB, 142x211px
ok /x/, why do we exist?
>>
So weak you need a reason to live?
>>
Why not?
>>
>>18583583
is not living the only reason to live? Are not all possible reasons to live only different ways of living life?
>>
>>18583581
Im having a problem with vampiric niggers and cliche witches. If someone could bless me with crusades 2.0 that would be great thanks.
>>
idk bout you but someone wants me here to help them complete their goal
>>
Necessity.
>>
>>18583581
Its hard to answer.
>>
Tend the Earth?
Learn higher truths, climb spiritual heights?
Or the existential whatever you choose it to be.
>>
>>18583581
i dunno lol
>>
For experience
>>
Disperse energy
>>
So I can read your posts.
>>
File: SCREEEEEE.jpg (41KB, 312x307px) Image search: [Google]
SCREEEEEE.jpg
41KB, 312x307px
>>18583581
There is no reason as to why we exist.
That's the reason we exist.
We just are.
Interesting philosophical question but no answer leads us anywhere.
>>
>>18583581
to reproduce and spread our species.
>>
>>18583581
man isn't it beautiful tho?

actually, here now? it's not.
>>
>>18583581
IS-BEs on a prison planet, waiting for the Domain to do something about the Old Empire's hypnosis filter.
>>
>>18583962
This is the only incorrect answer. You're saying that we exist, so that we can continue existing. You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>18583995
You just implied >>18583992 was correct.
>>
>>18583581
We don't exist. We live. Living means pursuit of lifestyle. Whatever that may be.
>>
>>18583581
To live. That's the only reason. Life itself is the reason. I guarantee you if you asked 'god' that, you would get the same answer.
>>
>>18583581
It's the only thing god can do and has power over is creation and I believe god suggests, in a way, that it kindly wants there to be life. Life appears to be fragmented pieces of something that god is composed of the sum in a parallel and inseperable fashion.
>>
Some would argue that your DNA has "designed" you; and that you should contintue to survive and procreate - to ensure your DNA lives on.

However, as complex individuals, we understand that there is more to life than just surviving and having babies.

So, to answer OP's question, we must ask ourselves - "Why do """""I""""" exist?" to determine what is most important in our lives. Ask yourself, what's your purpose and give your life some meaning.

Are you meant to help and support others?
Are you meant to dwell on money and materialism?
Are you meant to create and invent towards the betterment of mankind?
Are you meant to destroy?
Are you meant to just simply survive and procreate?
Are you meant to be spiritual and focus on non-materialistic ventures?
Are you meant to be any combination above or none at all?

The possibilities are endless. We're also complex - we change and are not always going to be the same at any given time.

So, the answer lies within the individual.
>>
>>18584280
>(((you)))
>>
>>18584280
How can you know what it is? Just asking myself isn't enough
>>
>>18584280
>>18584389
Again, take solace in this >>18583820
>>
File: 1472283115671.jpg (15KB, 200x208px) Image search: [Google]
1472283115671.jpg
15KB, 200x208px
>>18583581
the fact that no one in this thread has mentioned khonjin house at all is a disgrace.
for shame.
FOR SHAME!
>>
>>18583820
>>18584398
If life has no inherent meaning, then why don't you kys? :^)
>>
To not die.
>>
>>18584463
Why would you put your family and friends through that?

And I never said no meaning I said there is no reason. We're just here. You can give your life meaning however you want to. That's completely up to you what is meaningful. (Work, money, bitches, whatever)

Take gravity. It's just a thing that exists.Any reason as to why it's there doesn't help solve the question or further knowledge and understanding. Same with us. We have no definitive reason for our existence so we're just a thing that exists.
>>
>>18583581
It used to be: shagging dolly birds and having babays
Now humans can control their reproductive cycles.
So, it stands to reason that one's sole purpose in life is shagging dolly birds, m8
>>
File: 33wHfs9ie2U.jpg (31KB, 604x475px) Image search: [Google]
33wHfs9ie2U.jpg
31KB, 604x475px
>>18583581
we are god, we planted ourselves into our material creation, we are here deliberately unaware so that we can enjoy our reality to the fullest.

>be god
>create infinitely intricate vr game
>become an infinite number of beings so that you can play it from every angle
>there is no real goal
>there are secrets though
>the ultimate achievement is to become god again
>welcome back parts of yourself that have been through the perilous 3rd dimension

Look into your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
File: trump.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
trump.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>18584472
That attitude is so laissez-faire. To not ask "why?" is just lazy. Don't become compliant and docile - think critically.

>You can give your life meaning however you want to
That is where we agree.

>Take gravity. It's just a thing that exists.Any reason as to why it's there doesn't help solve the question or further knowledge and understanding.
This is where we disagree.

We discovered why gravity exists - it's due to mass. The discovery of gravity lead /sci/entists to question the "whys" and the "hows" which lead to discoveries like physics, the airplane, NASA, etc.

We don't simply exist to exist. We can shape and alter our futures.
>>
>>18583581
we exist because we want to

thus we became life

thus we became all of us
>>
>>18583581
To procreate
also we have a purpose, one that bounds us here
you can also choose that purpose its gotta be THE purpose
>>
File: spacepep.jpg (46KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
spacepep.jpg
46KB, 320x480px
FOR HONOR

(is what my phone told me as I began typing a reply to this thread)

I believe in synchronicity, so, maybe we're here for honor. Or maybe just you are. Or I am. Or... not at all. Just do whatever you want and try not to kill anyone.
>>
To shitpost dank memes, obviously
>>
>>18583581
Just to suffer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMsbxPyLqCQ
>>
>>18585313
That second video destroyed my will to live.
>>
By "exist" do you mean in this temporary "physical" existence as in "why do we exist on this earth?" Each of us who have decided to manifest in physical bodies have done so to experience, for lack of a better term, limitations.
>>
File: 1428306245898.jpg (173KB, 926x2487px) Image search: [Google]
1428306245898.jpg
173KB, 926x2487px
>>18583581
Why not?
Happy accident or the creator got bored/lonely.
Not sure which is more depressing z existing by chance or to feed the ego of an r9k creator...
Hold me /x/
>>
>>18583581
to be free from ego and help others.
>>
Probably reproduction tbqh
>>
File: rusure.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
rusure.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>18584518
>gravity
I guess I meant it is as it always has been and was going to be like us. We know how it works and why it exists, just like we know that we evolved from apes and blood flows through our veins to move oxygen. We know why in the sense of how it works but not the why as to why it even exists in the first place.

We exist because we were always going to. In our universe due to how everything turned out in the beginning we were just going to be and everything we have/will do is already "written down" somewhere.

You can shape your future to whatever you want. Technically. It's already been determined but you have the illusion of free will and that's good enough.

As for not asking why, if the answer to the question is ∞, how is that any better than 0? It's easier to accept 0 as it doesn't lead to another infinite question.
>>
In a nut shell? For the lulz.
>>
>>18583581
To worship pent
>>
File: gamejam_2.png (23KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
gamejam_2.png
23KB, 240x240px
>>18583581
I left this thread alone and holy shit I can't believe I have actually answers.

So a few things to clear up my question

>so weak you need a reason to live?
I've come to terms with having no reason to live long ago, I'm just genuinely curious to say what others say

>do you want the hard truth? or something spiritual?

I think we all know that the only "natural" reason we we exist and keep on living is due to our animal instincts as well as our desire to spread our dna.

A spiritual answer? I don't know. Really I can't find one that makes sense to me. I don't think we're here for some higher purpose. I think we're just some mistakes living in a dying universe.

Now /x/ I have another question. There are people who have mental illnesses that prevent them from having a will to live. There are people who hate themselves because they know deep down they have no purpose. Why do these people exist?

Or let me put it another way; I sorta believe my depression is a sign that I'm pretty useless and shouldn't have kids (God forbid I give it to them). If these people aren't meant to accomplish the sole reason why we exist then why are they here?
>>
File: 96195991-256-k234379.jpg (12KB, 256x400px) Image search: [Google]
96195991-256-k234379.jpg
12KB, 256x400px
>>18586486
yes, worship the good boi
>>
File: 1483471766652.png (209KB, 604x613px) Image search: [Google]
1483471766652.png
209KB, 604x613px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epI-KxLu2aI
>>
>>18586550
>we only exist to be the money making capital of the lizard people

nice
>>
>>18586541
You have that because you have a chemical imbalance in your brain. I have it as well. I really don't see anything else important about my mental illness. It stops me from wanting to live (the only reason that I haven't killed myself is that I could never put my little sister or my friends through that pain. It's selfish. I would take away everyone else's happiness to solve my problems. But I will be damned if the thing that stops me from living life is me, that's fucking stupid. I have meaning in this world. I make people laugh, I dev games, and I love to discuss topics exactly like this.

Here's my answer to your big question.
>>18583820
>>18584472
>>18586004

What's your meaning OP?
>>
File: IMG_6554.png (19KB, 107x109px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6554.png
19KB, 107x109px
>>18586630
i really dont have one desu. I'm just kind of here wasting time.
>>
>>18583581
From the eyes of the scientist we live to discover.

In the eyes of the magician we seek to amaze.

In the eyes of the philosopher we seek to question.

In the eyes of the adventurer we seek to travel.

In the eyes of the artist we seek to express.

In the eyes of the fighter we seek to war.

In the eyes of God we seek divinity.

In the eyes of the mathematician we seek to solve.

In the eyes of the architect we seek to build.

In the eyes of the man we seek to dominate.

In the eyes of the woman we seek to liberate.

In the eyes of the Devil we seek destruction.

In the eyes of the eyes we seek seeking.
>>
>>18583581
To shitpost. You're doing a great job.
>>
File: TIMETOSHITPOST.gif (3MB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
TIMETOSHITPOST.gif
3MB, 300x216px
>>18586705
>be god
>formless nonexistence is boring
>How to spice things up?
>SHITPOSTING!
>>
>>18586676
It's a trick question. If you didn't have meaning you would have offed yourself. No matter how sad or pathetic your reason is you have meaning somewhere.
>>
>>18583581
loaded question
>>
>>18583581
To gain XP
>>
>>18583581
why do you want to know?
>>
File: 1484464777723.png (759KB, 665x908px) Image search: [Google]
1484464777723.png
759KB, 665x908px
Because an ancient deity outside of our existence created us for his enjoyment, we're a giant antfarm.
>>
>>18583581
We are our own emotional image put in the dream of indecipherable omnipotence.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.