[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between Satan, Lucifer, and Baphomet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: fatsatan.jpg (24KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
fatsatan.jpg
24KB, 450x338px
What's the difference between Satan, Lucifer, and Baphomet?
>>
>>18582222

The spelling. Also nice quads, faggot.
>>
>>18582222
satan = adversary. any one could be a satan at any time. if you read the damn bible you would know this. there is even a reference to many satans but lucifer is never said to have omnipresence so even if you didnt know what the word meant it should be clear its not the same as lucifer

lucifer = light bringer . the most beautiful angel. god calls him the full pattern. the prodigious one. in a story pulled from the bible the vatacan had locked up in the fight with go it becomes clear that god and lucifer have some deal and all the others will die mid battle. also the fight starts with god throwing his favorite angel towards gabriel who cuts him in half just to show nobody gets out of fighting in the battle before the fight starts

baphomet = bullshit. christians label anything not christian as devil worship. a 5 pointed star isnt evil. putting that 5 pointed star in a circle isnt evil. turning it upside down still doesnt make it evil. there is zero evidence it was ever used in any worshiping practice ever pre christian distortion
>>
File: 1484953736253.jpg (251KB, 1280x720px)
1484953736253.jpg
251KB, 1280x720px
>>18582267
>also the fight starts with god throwing his favorite angel towards gabriel who cuts him in half just to show nobody gets out of fighting in the battle before the fight starts
Woah, bible has some cool fight scenes.
I want an anime with this stuff
>>
>>18582222
All three are names or pseudonyms from the Mideast and Greece for the same evil being.
>>
>>18582222
Satan: An angel of darkness who represents the carnal, animal nature of man.

Lucifer: An angel of light who seeks to illuminate humanity's chosen few.

Baphomet: An alchemic symbol, not an actual deity or spirit. Though in the context of spiritual Luciferianism, he could represent the synthesis of both Satan and Lucifer.
>>
Satan means the "enemy" or "one who opposes". This term is associated with the devil, or that whom opposes God.

Lucifer means "light bearer" or "morning star" - it's associated with one whom "shines". This term can be interchangeable with the devil or Satan - but typically in referencing the angel who fell from grace (prior to becoming the devil).

Baphomet is a whole other can of worms. Baphomet wasn't incorporated into Satanism and the occult until much later. Some think that it stems from Gnosticism - meaning "wisdom" or "baptized in wisdom" (coming from a cipher and the word "Sophia"). Some think it originates from abbot - as in a "father" or "leader" or "priest". Further still, some believe that he was a false idol/deity - made up to discredit and accuse the Knights Templar of heresy.
>>
>>18582267
gunna need sources for the angel part.
>>
>>18582267
Do you remember where you found the information about Gabriel slaying another angel? Genuinely curious to read about it.
>>
Lucifer was the name of satan before he fell

Baphomet was a creation by the catholic church used as justification to get rid of the knights templar
>>
>>18582444
Source?
>>
>>18582267
god doesn't play around.
feels bad for that angel tho
>>
>>18582479
Kind of a dick move aint it? He could have just sent the angel to the front lines or something. Frankly that's kind of a backstabbing move too
>>
>>18582351
>>18582391
It's in the book of Google it I'm not doing your homework for you
>>
>>18582351
>>18582391

It's lore from Supernatural. Don't believe to RP fags.
>>
>>18582444
>Lucifer was the name of satan before he fell
That's just from bible fanfic, there is no Lucifer. The name comes from a mistranslation and misinterpretation of Isiah 14:12
>>
Satan is the angel tasked with the job of advocating against mankind in Heaven. (See the Book of Job.)

Lucifer is a mistranslation. The "lightbringer" is the morning star, an epithet for both Venus (the planet) and Jesus.

Baphomet is a Templar code for the Gnostic Sophia.
>>
>>18584355
No it's not. You're a big fat phoney
>>
>>18584355
>>18585149
Crazy bible would have to settle this, but he avoids devil threads.
>>
>>18582295
Kill yourself you foreign trash. We hate your kind here in Japan
>>
>>18582267
Its Paganism deemed evil in the eyes of God
2 Kings 21:6
He made his son pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and used divination, and dealt with mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD provoking Him to anger.
>>
>>18585201
Moloch?
>>
>>18585125
I have heard from people who have escaped satanism that the beings they worshipped were made of pure light
They were si vright they could not look at them

That is what confuses me
Is it really a mistransaltion or had the translator more knowledge than us

The morningstar has fallen from it states in the old testament
Jesus saif he has seen the devil fall
And in the revelation the fallen one us mentioned again

I have no idea what is true

"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.