[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, is time infinite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Sand.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sand.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
Hey /x/, is time infinite?
>>
>>18577201
no you dumbass
>>
>>18577201
I believe that it, essentially, has to be.
I don't really believe in "time".
I think the world simply exists, and what we call "time" is just things happening within it.

Even if everything disappeared, was destroyed, or eaten by a black hole, "time" wouldn't necessarily end in MY opinion, because there will always be infinite empty space.

I can't even comprehend reality ceasing to exist. I can understand a completely empty void, but not a complete lack of even empty space. Maybe as humans we're too simplistic, but it doesn't make sense to me.
>>
Time is a man-made concept. It does not exist.
>>
>>18577281
>>18577235
I understand the units we use to measure time are man made, we also gave time a meaning, but we did not create time, it was here before us.
>>
>>18577338
It was here before us, but it still only exists in our perception of reality.
>>
>>18577201
Time is a loop.
>>
>>18577201
Time is just the 4th dimension.
It is forever and unchanging. It has a beginning and end. Look at it as it it were a ruler. It doesn't change, in the middle somewhere is you and your entire life, a little mark on the ruler. Forever and unchanging, the past is always in existence because it has existed.
>>
>>18577201
>>18578547

4th dimension is "Space", not Time.
Time does not exist, it is a figurative by-product.
What we call "Time" is simply the observed differences between 2 or more processes and between processes and space.

Time does not move. If a process is going backwards in its pattern when compared to an exact opposite process(/pattern), one of the 2 will "appear" to move backwards in "time", which is wrong to assume because its simply a flipped process, nothing to do with time. So time does not move forward nor backwards, it simply does not exist outside of our observing mind.
Sure cycles in/of processes do exist but they are not moving(time-wise) forward, they are simply repeating.
>>
>>18577201
Time as a concept will continue to exist but not for you or me. Fucking retard.
>>
what about black holes, and worm holes, and time travel and time machines, or going into alternate dimensional of an infinite an timeline.
>>
>>18578638
Time is the perception of change, that's it.
>>
>>18577201
time is just an illusion created by the moving celestial bodies in the space!

suppose if earth stopped rotating and revolving, then we cant see day and night changing and we cant see the different seasons.

time is just an illusion, past-present-future coexist!

time is a paradox whose unit are created by man for man to man.
>>
>>18578659

Time travel is very possible, it is not "time" travel though. But, capsuled process lock with outside processes(patterns) alteration, travel. (Forward or backward)

As for the other type of "time" travel which is alternate dimension.. (its not really "dimension" but I wont go deep into this)
Other universes dont have time either but do havs have difference process speeds so if you move to another universe the "time" to which you arrive can be different than your original one.

Speed does exist, it is a quality of movement, unlike time.
Speed does not need time to happen, and will affect the observed "time" result when is different than the speed of a base process we set as "time"
>>
>>18578669
Exactly. But if you say it this way, ppl who dont think will misunderstand and assume it exists on its own because we can "perceive" it.
>>
>>18577201
infinity is just a sideways 8
sort of like a racetrack for cars?
ur all fagots by the way
>>
>>18578651
Most physicists would find your response laughable.
>>
>>18577201
That depends on how you define it.
>>
Just like the hour glass, once you get to the end, all of time stops, but you can just flip it upside down and repeat the process forever.
>>
>>18577201
3 AM is Eternal.

According to the Justified ancients of Mu Mu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEOESuiYcA
>>
>>18577201
time is a consequence of consciousness. without an observer, the universe would happen all at once until there is 1; so i guess in a way yes
>>
>>18580887
hey, someone else who gets it
time is a product of our limited ability to percieve events only at this rate and in a linear order
you could argue that everything has already happened, we are simply catching up because we can't process any faster than this
>>
>>18577201
If you are in the Fifth dimension and so on.
>>
>>18577201
AS infinite as the other dimensions of space.
>>
>>18578200
lol ok
>>
>>18577201
If you believe in the number of infinite, you are an infinite being.
>>
>>18577201
Imaginary time is infinite
>>
>>18580906

I like this I never thought about it like that
>>
>>18581410
Time is happening All the Time. Time is just the Motion of Matter
>>
>>18577201
The concept of time doesn't exist. We define time for convenience and nothing else. Time is just a flow of ever-changing atoms, nothing more, nothing less.

So is time infinite? The answer is "irrelevance can't be infinite, because it doesn't matter."
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.