[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remembering past lives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: 1469483019796.jpg (205KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1469483019796.jpg
205KB, 1200x1350px
Hello /x/. What are your 2 cents on remembering past lives?
>>
Bumped for interest
>>
>>18575446
How come no one ever remembers being a slave or a peasant but only well known figures?
>>
How come there are like a thousand people that all remember being cleopatra?
>>
>>18575531
She had one hell of a case of dissociative identity disorder.
>>
>>18575520
OP here, actually I've read accounts on stuff like that too. To be honest I was looking for more of guides on getting started on stuff like this, as well as general opinions/thoughts on it.
>>
>>18575520
Most cases of people remembering that I've heard involve young children, and aren't usually famous people. It's only adults that try and go through hypnosis that ends up like that. It's probably because the adult isn't actually remembering anything, and is just fantasizing.

And for OP, there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to remember your past life as an adult. Since those memories quickly fade like a dream when you're around 3 to 4 years old. Remembering a past life would be like trying to remember a random dream you had 3 years ago. I'm not saying it's impossible, just unreliable.
>>
Remember this is just what I think.

That dude that everyone knows never lies suddenly get an hallucination! with some wise words(from his inner self)! for him as well as he gets the feeling it was from something divine. Now he gets all that pussy because of it.

About the same goes for deja-vu

We are hardcoded by nature for this shit. Helps keep the more coldblooded psychopaths in check too.

I still believe in The Infinite One though. For now anyway.
>>
>>18575562
I've heard of that hypnosis thing. I've also heard about some other stuff involving mentally walking down long corridors and some other cryptic information...lol

I know remembering past lives aren't necessary to ridding oneself of desires and making spiritual advancement, but it would still be nice to know for my benefit on understanding why I do things the way I do them.
>>
Hypnosis videos on youtube. Just keep trying them till you find the right one. There's one wish an Irish lady that seems pretty chill to me.

As for myself, was born with memories of at least two past lives and multiple things that happened in wherever you go in between.
I told these memories to family members and then I seemed to stop talking about them around the age of 4. I cant remember them now. There were nothing particularly remarkable or interesting about the past lives, or the hanging out with deceased relatives before coming back into another life. But the words I would use while describing those lives were words that a child that young would have no idea of. My family relayed these tales back to me as a teenager.

I thought it was fascinating so I looked into it more, and read what is probably the most common book on the subject "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Brian Weiss M.D. Worth a read.

Also with regards to the numerous people thinking they are Buddha reincarnated and those 'dreams of grandeur' style memories, I think it's possibly schizophrenia, or perhaps its something to do with certain people experiencing Jungian archetypes or the memories of them in the collective unconscious. I can't explain those things, but I'm not gonna write off the whole phenomenon because a couple people think they are jesus. Was reading somewhere the other day about a study involving over a thousand children with past life memories and verifiable facts, fascinating stuff. I'll have a quick look and try to find the link.
>>
My "experience," -and I say that with a giant grain of salt owing to the fact that my only experience with this comes from dissociative drugs- is not exactly an idea relating to reincarnating multiple times in this universe, but more a series of simultaneous lives being lived by my "true" or "highest" self, of which this physical existence is only a small part of.

I don't really know of a good way to explain how exactly my physical self differs from this greater self, but the best way I can think of off the top of my head is to imagine a two dimensional cross-section of your 3D body, as a two dimensional creature might see it. It's a part of "you," but it's an infinitely small part of your whole self. Still, that small piece is all of "you" that the two dimensional creature could see or interact with, and it would probably never be able to fully conceive of what the entirety of "you" are, since you exist in a third dimension it does not.

Actually it might be better to forget about the separate 2D being and imagine instead that two dimensional cross section of your body is it's own sentient being, but that it can't see or understand any other part of you besides it's own infinitely small self. Now just try to picture a 4D or higher version of yourself, of which this 3D body is only an infinitely small cross section of, and you'd have a decent idea of what I'm talking about. As far as I'm aware, this 3D self is the only one that's existed in this particular universe but there are an infinite amount of other cross sections of my true "self" in other realities or universes or whatever they'd be called, all of which contribute their ideas and experiences to the whole, higher self.

And again, I'm not saying I definitely believe this, since the only evidence I have is from doing drugs, but I don't necessarily discount it either.
>>
>>18575446
I wouldn't try to see your past lives directly - rather try to use indirect methods to gain knowledge. I.E. Astrology, genuine palm readers and psychics.
>>
>>18575446
To remember a past life, you must first remember your own life.
>>
>>18575729
?
>>
>>18575650
Couldn't find the link I was looking for however Google is full of articles on the subject. Here's a random one I chose
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/feeling-too-much/201412/children-who-seemingly-remember-past-lives
>>
A karmic astrologist told me I was oppressed by my bourgeois family during the victorian era.
>>
>>18575692
Yeah fuck trying to remember, let's ask the stars how shit happened. You know, because stars just give that much of a shit about our lives that they record (in some incredibly obtuse way, of course) everything that happens on our tiny little planet on the edge of the universe.
>>
>>18575446
i was one of yeshuas disciples in my past life
>>
>>18575579
I'd love to know too, I have some idea what my past lives could have been, but have no way to know for sure. You can try out the usual methods, they might work for some people.
>>
>>18575801
I was a famous person too, as was everyone else I ever met that believed in reincarnation, what a huge coincidence, huh?
>>
>>18575520
>>18575562

i had something done to me that made me remember a "past life" as a drug addict prostitute as an adult, no fame there
>>
>>18575692

i know a fair amount about astrology, what it says about past lives doesn't line up with the "memories" that i have

the "memories" i have were able to be placed in a very specific time frame due to the details (and a close friend of mine who researched every memory i told her about)

they were experienced by three people

we were all capable of telling each other a memory, leaving things out, and then filling in the blanks

we tried this multiple ways to test it, and it always came up like a different perspective account of some of the same events

they haven't entirely gone away or faded, but the first year was the worst as far as intensity goes

in my experience "remembering" things like that isn't worth it
>>
>>18575953
yo, why the quotation marks? lol
>>
>>18575972

i don't think it's intelligent or healthy to wholeheartedly believe in something of this nature without devoting years of research and time into it

so i use the word remembering somewhat loosely, if they were past life memories then i did remember them

if there's another explanation for them then i didn't

just because the experience and all the evidence i've found at this point indicates that they were past life memories doesn't mean they actually were

i might find an alternative explanation one day, that makes more sense to me than accepting them as memories so i don't see any sense in getting completely attached to them as if they are
>>
>>18575446
Waste of time. It's unnecessary for self-realization and will distract from the goal of remoting yourself from samsara.

>>18575520
>>18575531
>>18575930
In most branches of Hinduism, the soul is eternal, and has been trapped in samsara since "time immemorable." We have all had millions upon millions of past lives. We have all lived as Brahma, we have all been a worm crawling through shit, we have all been everything in-between.

>>18575579
>it would still be nice to know for my benefit on understanding why I do things the way I do them.
Suppose you wake up and your legs are gone. How would knowing what happened to your legs improve your ability to learn how to live without legs?
>>
>>18576076
>In most branches of Hinduism, the soul is eternal, and has been trapped in samsara since "time immemorable." We have all had millions upon millions of past lives. We have all lived as Brahma, we have all been a worm crawling through shit, we have all been everything in-between.

Fair enough. I'm not terribly well educated on Hinduism in particular, but that makes sense. Still begs the question, though, if one has had millions of past lives, why are the ones of famous people the only ones anyone ever seems to remember?
>>
>>18575446
I had some success with guided hypnosis on youtube or something. I probably imagined it, but it seemed really vivid and consistent. Saw things from the perspective of a random woman from Europe around the turn of the 20th century, including her death.
>>
>>18575446
Chrono Trigger has staff for the game that literally remembered their old lives in Atlantice and made it into a fucking JRPG.
Look up "Thoth the Atlantean, Antarctica"
Then look at the game "Chrono Trigger, Kingdom of Schala"
They both take place 10,000 B.C
I.E When the Ice Age took place.
>>
>>18575446
Chrono Trigger has staff for the game that literally remembered their old lives in Atlantice and made it into a fucking JRPG.
Look up "Thoth the Atlantean, Antarctica"
Then look at the game "Chrono Trigger, Kingdom of Zeal"
They both take place 10,000 B.C
I.E When the Ice Age took place.
>>
>>18576085

because you're willfully ignoring every account that isn't someone claiming that
>>
>>18576085
There are accounts of stuff like that but not as much as you make it out to be.
>>
>>18576088
>>18575579
As someone who makes a living as a hypnotist, I feel compelled to point out that hypnosis is quite a poorly understood art, and that the mind is extremely powerful, enough so that a poorly worded script by a hypnotist might just as easily cause your mind to actually invent memories rather than uncover repressed ones.

I remember there was a good few scandals in the late 90's to early 00's involving using hypnotic sedatives like sodium pentathol and/or hypnotism on numerous children who were suspected of being sexually abused. Because of the psychologist's incompetence and our incomplete understanding about how the mind works, these children actually fabricated memories of abuse that never happened- and despite knowing it was fabricated, got all the PTSD and shit that comes along with it. The way they were being questioned by the psychologist lead their subconscious minds to believe that they SHOULD have memories of sexual abuse, so their minds simply fabricated those memories. Even though video evidence proved that they (or their alleged abusers) were elsewhere at the time the fake memories said the abuse occured.

Obviously, I don't think you have to worry about actually fabricating memories of being abused yourself, but generally speaking it might not be wise to wholeheartedly believe a supposedly repressed memory of another life actually occured and wasn't just created by your own mind.
>>
>>18576100
>>18576120
How does one willfully ignore something they've never seen or heard? The simple fact is that the only people I've heard talk about buying into reincarnation have pretty much all said they thought they were famous. If accounts do exist of people who do believe they were nobodies in a past life, I simply haven't ever read or heard them. Odd how defensive you people get about this.
>>
>>18575520
Pretty sure I was a slave.
But no one wants to remember or relive them obviously.
That's like asking "why do people want to hear stories about king o magic instead of the NEED who died a virgin"?
Obviously we've all lived hundreds or thousands of lives, so you are going to remember the ones that actually stick out
>>
>>18576128
I ain't defensive man, haha. I dunno, maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places as you? Where you've been hearing that...youtube? Or what
>>
File: pentacle[1].jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pentacle[1].jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>18576098
>.<
DAMN YOU SENPAIS NOTICE ME!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18576128
No one is defensive, you are just ignoring what they are saying.
It's called the ego. People like you, who can't see beyond this singular material body with no connection to the spiritual realm, then create an identity you want to be instead of the life you actually lived.
But the people who also state the were a famous person might not be wrong. We are part of an infinite collection of souls, part of a universal consciousness found within all beings.
Perhaps they were Cleopatra from another timeline. Perhaps they knew Cleopatra and forgot themselves. Perhaps Cleopatra was their queen. The universe is not as clear cut as you think it will be and obviously attempting to find the truth of who you once were is a complicated process always unsure of itself.
>>
>>18576148
Mostly /x/ tier weirdos I went to high school with, who liked talking about Astral projection as if it were DragonBall Z and what awesome people they were in past lives despite essentially being nobodies in this life.

There's only one person I've ever been genuinely convinced might remember a past life, but even then their supposed past life identity was, if not celebrity-tier famous, would have been exceedingly wealthy and fairly well known for the time and place the identity would have likely lived in.
>>
>>18576085
If it's an actual remembrance, I would think it's because a life of great success and pleasure would be more vivid than a droll, average life. Many past life remembrances also include a sudden or violent death, I imagine for the same reason. However, I am skeptical of most accounts of past lives.

My understanding is that forgetting our previous lives is intentional to facilitate our desire to enjoy this material world. Knowing you've lived and died and done the same things over and over would sour that. It takes a lot of progress on the path out of samsara to retain awareness of previous lives.

>>18576128
Look into the work of Ian Stevenson, who has probably the most extensive compilation of past life cases and their investigations.
>>
>>18576154
See you claim you aren't defensive, but then turn around and insult my intelligence by lumping me in with these people who say shit like this for attention, despite me never saying I believed in reincarnation period. The only reason for you to attempt to attack my character over something so trivial, as far as I can see, is if you are in fact a snowflake who does in fact believe they were famous in a past life, because that's tj only reason I can figure that what I said might have struck a nerve with you.
>>
>>18576128

i'm not defensive, but i did respond to a similar sentiment here >>18575933 in this thread and you're still claiming that no one ever says otherwise

in this thread both someone else and myself have said something different

as a result i question whether or not you're choosing to ignore everyone who says that while saying "everyone thinks they were someone famous"

when you don't have to look any further to discuss something than the people you're speaking to it's hard to assume you're actually paying attention
>>
>>18576171
Your actions speak for you where your words do not
Come back when you are actually willing to listen to the perspectives of others
>>
>>18576169
I'm trying my best man, but it's difficult. I just have a hard time letting go of things like sexual desire. I can work out of things like food, multimedia...I'm sure. But anyway, the whole concept of nibbana makes no sense to me. But perhaps one day, I'll understand...

I heard in Pali, for something to Nibbana means for it to just be voided, like they'd say that the candle which turned off nibbana'd, or something. Just makes you think how profound...

There's nothing more for me to say.
>>
>>18576182
Ironic that you say that to me despite your own posts proving that's just as true of you as it may be of me. Or, if I'm wrong, feel free to explain why instead of making false claims about me like you do here:>>18576154 when you say

>>>18576154
>No one is defensive, you are just ignoring what they are saying.
>It's called the ego. People like you, who can't see beyond this singular material body with no connection to the spiritual realm, then create an identity you want to be instead of the life you actually lived.

Despite the fact that I never claimed to believe in reincarnation period, let alone that I believed I was a famous person in a past life, shows that you are clearly attempting to dismiss me based on character assumptions you've made about me rather than really sit down and talk about something rationally, without getting defensive and attempting to write off someone just because they don't happen to agree with everything that comes out of your mouth.
>>
>>18576206

not them, but your own beliefs are irrelevant when the original topic of discussion was other peoples' past life memories

you were saying people only ever remember being famous people, and were told that's false

now you're talking about your personal beliefs as if they were the topic because you really want to be right

and clearly if you can't be right by sticking to the original topic then you're the type of person who will bring unrelated things and go on a tangent to save face

there's no need for it
>>
>>18576076
>Suppose you wake up and your legs are gone. How would knowing what happened to your legs improve your ability to learn how to live without legs?
Worst analogy I've ever seen.
>>
>>18576223
I was attempting to stick to the original topic, dumbass. At least until you attacked my character. Had you not been irrationally defensive, and simply responded in a level and rational fashion, we wouldn't have gone off on this tangent to begin with. But by all means keep believing nothing is your fault and it's others that are being irrational. It's obvious that your head is way too far up your own ass to have a real conversation with.
>>
>>18576187
I would be cautious about mixing Buddhist views on samsara with those of Hindu faiths. Most Buddhist paths do not accept the literal existence of a soul, and as such do not have the same conclusions about what samsara is.

>>18576227
Really? You must not have much experience. Shall I give you a worse one? Your post is analogous to a hibernating skunk with diarrhea.
>>
>>18576237

i want you to go back and read the first part of what i said where i said "not them" i was pretty clear that i wasn't that individual

i am however this person:
>>18576174
>>18576100
>>18575953
>>18575933

and i've noticed you stopped responding to me directly when i explained my position on the topic as someone who had a strange experience and has "memories"

it's very obvious that you ignore things when you read them, based on everything you say including what i'm currently responding to

you're attacking me as if i'm the other person even though the first thing i did was identify myself as a separate individual

you not only disregard the information you're claiming doesn't exist, but you disregard everything people are trying to tell you

you assume everything is a personal attack and lash out when there's no need for it

maybe you should have a drink or something and come back when you've cooled off and are willing to have an actual discussion instead of just inserting your opinion and ignoring everything that goes against it aside from fights you want to have
>>
>>18576237

to be even more clear about who i am i also said this >>18575996

now you know every post i've made in this thread and who you're speaking to, you know some of my experience, and some of my opinions

i can't be any more clear

now would you like to have an actual discussion with someone who hasn't attacked you in any way about the topic? or are you just in the mood to fight and not listen?
>>
>>18576244
Terrible. Try again. Or rather don't and quit shitting up the board.
>>
>>18577822
Terrible in that comparing your post to a hibernating skunk with the shits is accurate?

Alright, how about your attempts to be mean are like the ocean marrying the United Nations.
>>
I followed the method described in a book and managed to view what I can only presume are my previous and then my first life.

In the previous I was a little girl who stepped out to cross a dirt road and was hit by a white pickup truck.

In the first I was some kind of slave or workman dealing with stone blocks and very satisfied with my life until I died of fever on the dirt floor of my small home surrounded by a wife and children.
>>
I have little understanding of Eastern reincarnation but wouldn't new souls have to continue to be created for reincarnation to be plausible? I know in Buddhism, nearly everything has souls including inanimate objects, what determines after you die; what you become? If I recall in my Intro to Religion course, Hinduism only believes reincarnation for humans; correct? Human population continues to grow.
>>
File: questchin.jpg (10KB, 182x278px) Image search: [Google]
questchin.jpg
10KB, 182x278px
>>18575446

if you attempt to remember your past lives and dont have an immediate and clear image or memory, then this is your first life you are in now
>>
>>18575446
They come out to help you if you need it. For me it started as a dream of a memory from a past life of a mute hermit knight who lost a hand but never lost a battle he loved plants and was a strict vegetarian. I think to him regularly as if hes in my head along for the ride but it was a dark life that I often resent the memories at times but the guy was wise as shit and has helped me cope with many things. The weird part is I remember being him inbetween his life and mine being in the etheral plane and making choices to set me up for this life. I think I do have more lives but they are dormant as I dont need them.
>>
>>18578158
I'm the poster above you. That kinda answers my question. I believe I died or at least fought in a war. I was born on veteran's day and oddly enough, when I was a baby there was a fucked up fireworks accident. It could be all a coincidence I guess but I really fuckin hate war and I'm pretty much a complete pacifist; even if my country is in trouble.
>>
File: 198587.gif (1MB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
198587.gif
1MB, 540x395px
>>18575446
We all have past lives, anon. Even the dead.

Or wait... depends on what you mean with "life" - Not a virgin loser I guess.
>>
Past life? I've been stuck living this one in an infinite cycle.
>>
>>18577998
He who lives for the judgment of man must lower his soul to meet it. He who lives without the judgment of man rises his soul above it. Do not feel apprehension when wisdom goes unheeded, merely offer it.
>>
>>18575446
BEWARE FALSE MEMORIES

there is not enough evidence to rule out past lives.
there is, however, enough evidence to show that if you try to remember something that did not happen, you will accidentally create false memories to fill the void.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory
>>
File: OB002500.png (40KB, 165x193px) Image search: [Google]
OB002500.png
40KB, 165x193px
>>18578380
This
>>
>>18575796
>Most cases of people remembering that I've heard involve young children, and aren't usually famous people. It's only adults that try and go through hypnosis that ends up like that. It's probably because the adult isn't actually remembering anything, and is just fantasizing.

if so?
>>
>>18575446
Having memories of past lives is possible and plausible, depending on your beliefs, mostly. I don't personally have memories of past lives I can access right now, but I know people that do. Some religions, as far as I know, only spiritism, deal with a form of memory remembering called "regression" in which after many sessions of practice, you get glimpses of usually youre immediate past life. This practice, however, is condoned by some approaches of spiritism itself, since the knowledge of a past life can "change" the natural way your life is going right now, which can lead to a different learning path. This religion believes that you somehow choose what you're going to learn in a lifetime, and even some important moments of it.

My mother has gone through the regression practice and has seen that she's been with my dad for quite a long time, but me and my brother came to them in our last life, they had an orphanage somewhere in Europe and we all ended up dying together during a bombing.

Another example is a friend, who went through regression too, but using a self hypnosis method, and saw that he was a rich person during the 19th century, he had a lot of time to study, but he was also really selfish. He's poor in this life, but seems to have no problem when it comes to going through his life in good schools and universities, and will likely become a teacher, perhaps to undo the shit he might have done in the past.
>>
>>18578445
Also one more example, a friend of mine takes ayahuasca tea every month, and in one of he saw himself as a women, giving birth to a baby. He is sure that this baby is his sister in this lifetime.
>>
File: me.png (395KB, 692x532px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
395KB, 692x532px
>>18575446
keep a dream journal and be aware of yourself and how things affect you that you cant explain, like how great you feel in certain climates or cultures

i feel at home near lots of water and surrounded by ice, and most of my dreams are different parts of one story among islands and occasionally among ice

if you have recurring dreams that take place at different points in some dream "life", then that might be one to consider
>>
File: 1485276437155.jpg (73KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485276437155.jpg
73KB, 400x400px
>>18575520
I do, I remember burning alive in chains

im not very keen on remembering how agonizing that felt
>>
>>18578086
>>18578171
>>18578178

these all sound better than remembering giving guys bjs for drug money while they pretty much called you a fag, and having sex with people (men and women) for drugs, places to live etc

ironically i'm addicted to the same drug in this life, and while i've never prostituted myself to support myself in any way i've always had people come up to me and offer me things in exchange for sex

currently in a situation where i might actually end up doing that for a place to live

the past life memories make it more depressing

>>18578380

i never tried to remember or wanted to, i didn't even do a past life regression

a lot of weird things happened that led up to it, things i didn't believe in (and still don't because i have no understanding of it and need to question everything), but there was no hypnosis

and i didn't try to remember, it just started

it was intensely strong for a while, it made me feel like i was going crazy

they still come and go from time to time, i'll meet someone or go somewhere and it feels no different than remembering something that happened a week ago or when i was a child

i have a friend who did a lot of historical fact checking as i told her the memories, and she narrowed it down a lot even found places that were possible locations of things i mentioned

the distances between them even checked out with the details of the memories

things like symbols i remembered were used at the time the ways i remembered seeing them

i remembered with two other people, and we would test each other lwhen discussing shared memories, but we were always able to fill in the blanks

it also came with (and still does to a lesser extent than the year it started) feelings, very strong feelings, and sometimes discussions would turn into what felt like old fights we'd had like we were working out old feelings

the worst of it lasted about two years of near daily being hit with new memories, and emotions that came with them
>>
>>18578139
>wouldn't new souls have to continue to be created for reincarnation to be plausible?
In Gaudiya Vaishnavism, there are infinite souls, never created but eternally existing. Souls are continually falling into and transcending out of samsara. At any given point, roughly 1/4 of living entities are trapped in the material realm.

>Hinduism only believes reincarnation for humans; correct?
In my sect, all life from humans to animals, plants, bacteria, and even certain inanimate objects like mountains and planets are embodied souls.

>>18578373
Thank you. I have been rude in this thread and I need to apologize for that.
>>
>>18578653
>roughly 1/4 of living entities are trapped in the material realm

Was wondering where you got this information. I recall Srila Prabhupada mentioning that only 10% of the jivas fall into the material world.
>>
>>18578380

for the record i >>18578645 didn't even want to remember

up until the thing that led up to the memories happening i made jokes about how i was going to keep her (my now ex gf) from seeking those answers

i told her the past was better where it was and that experiencing this one was what mattered

in a way the memories have made me feel more connected with myself in a nonphysical sense, other people (and added depth to some relationships; mutual in the case of me and one of the people who remembered longterm and with the other it was shortlived but intense), and everything honestly

it's changed my perception of time as well, and raised a lot of questions about the nature of life and death for me

but i never wanted them in the first place in spite of the unique change in perspective it's given me and in many ways it's pushed me to be a somewhat spiritual person

at the same time it's very depressing to have memories of being similar in the ways i'm similar

it's made life feel like everyone just has this part of them that's them using it to play a game that keeps changing,

a game that has a storyline and a set outcome with only minor changes you can affect as a player

i guess that "piece" of everyone would be their soul

that's probably a poor analogy but i'm very high and very tired
>>
>>18578674
From the Brahma-Samhita purports by Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami.

>5.2 purport - The uniquadrantal delineation of material universe will be dealt with in the proper place. The triquadrantal extensions of the transcendental infinitary field of the almighty, unlamenting, nonperishing and nonapprehending unlimited situations of halo which are fully spiritual majestic foliation.

>5.9 purport - The full quadrantal extension of the Supreme Lord, is His majesty. Of this the triquadrantal extensions of unlamenting, nonperishing and nonapprehending situations constitute the majesties of the realms of Vaikuṇṭha and Goloka, etc. In this temporal realm of Māyā devas and men, etc.-all these together with all mundane worlds-are the great majesties of the limited potency.

I am quite interested in the quote from Prbhupada, if you can find it, and willing to accept that my understanding is wrong.
>>
>>18578868
https://vnn108.wordpress.com/2016/06/23/srila-prabhupada-formerly-we-were-with-krsna-in-his-lila-letter-from-srila-prabhupada-1972-to-devotees-in-australia/

I believe Bhaktisiddhanta is referring to distribution of energy rather than living entities.
>>
>>18578876
Thank you very much for correcting me. With those quotes, I must agree that the quadrant terms are in regards to the "size" of the material and spiritual realms, and not the ratio of inhabiting souls.
>>
>>18575446
No point, its feeding the ego. Just stop
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.