[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aokigahara spirits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 43

File: 2362368346.jpg (545KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
2362368346.jpg
545KB, 1024x681px
Hello /x/, I would like to share with you my story.
Please be forgiving of my English, as I have not been speaking it all my years.
Story was not pretyped, so please kindly bear with me, I would really like to share this with outsiders.
First, backstory;
>I live in a small settlement in rural Japan, only 4 houses, yet in an unfortunate area
>My nearby forest, Aokigahara has a reputation for being the place of many dead, where people go to end their lives
>Aokigahara is popular, so everyone assume they know everything about it, but in truth what troubles us most is not the death in it, but what it brings.
>In Japan, there is belief that spirits reside within all things, just that some things have stronger spirits
>A spirit is not like world-popular ghost who haunts and takes revenge, the spirits are apparitions who are just like people, some are very innocent and just confused, and cannot find peace. Others are malicious out of being lonely, they manipulate reality around them so that the living can join them or at least entertain them
>For me, many strange things occur, due to my area of residence, and my mentor taught me how to reason with the spirits
Will tell about my mentor later on, here is my family story
>I live with mother, young sister Ikumi, and my only neighbors are my mentor and his son, who is like a brother to me. Two houses are also abandoned, and are said to contain the spirits of malicious Yokai (like monsters but of Japan) so we are forbidden from entry.
>Six years ago, my sister went alone to Aokigahara without telling, but I had habit of reading her diary because she detailed how she hears the voices of ancestors. When she disappeared, I knew she went to Aokigahara, I alerted my father and he went there for her
>Night and day pass, Ikumi returns and is silent. I try to speak to her but she stare blankly and does not respond. She locks herself in her room and scribbles in her diary, day and night, like she does not sleep.
Cont
>>
cont
>Ikum comes out after two days, I try to inquire what has she seen or why did she go, she says nothing. She walks through the house, checking every room and then finally speaks
>"Where is father?"
>I fall silent, I do not know how should I respond, so I just tell her he went looking for her, in Aokigahara.
>Her face go grim, and she sit on the floor and begin crying, she repeats that he should not have gone, that she has made a promise.
>I ask her, and she fall silent again
>I nag her for many hours, until she finally agrees to tell me something
>"I witnessed them, many Yokai came to me in my path. First came the Akateko, and to him I made a promise."
Akateko is a Yokai of the forest, the hand of a child and his mother. The hand of the child is red and it hangs from the trees. At the bottom of the tree from which the hand hangs, hover the apparition of a woman who lures to her the children who she witnesses. It is believed she wishes to trade the life of a living child to return her own.
>Ikumi does not tell me what the promise was, but I believe it was something for her life to not be taken by the Akateko.
>Days pass, father does not come, Ikumi slowly becomes more distant. Writing in her diary for days.
>Mother leaves an offering for the spirits and ancestors at the entrance of Aokigahara, prays for the life of father
>At night, I hear a rustling noise, I follow the sound and reach the door of Ikumi's room, I press my ear at the door and I hear her converse with a deep voice
>"The price is small to pay, we solemnly promise that he will not be devoured by Jikininki, all you must do is set us free."
Jikininki are spirits of people who were greedy and selfish, they are trapped between the living and dead world and as punishment must devour the flesh of deceased humans, if not- they endure great pain.
Cont
>>
cont
>Sister and voice argue, she does not agree, until the voice says, "One paid the price, many more will if you do not. Not only will he find rest, but in your sacrifice you will free your family."
>Then, complete silence fell
>I am shaking, I run back into my room and bury myself under blanket and stare in dark all night, unable to sleep
>Morning arrives, I greet Ikumi, she pleads me to forgive her and I inquire for what, she falls silent
>Mother is still asleep, Ikumi just walks out the door
>I try to stop her, she runs away toward the forest
>Too afraid to chase her, I go home and read her diary
Here is the entry;
>Tonight he spoke to me again, his offer was clear, my soul takes the place of many others, I do not wish to cause anguish to my family, so I will accept his plea. Tomorrow I return to the circle and finish what I had long ago started. I made the mistake and now I pay for it so that others do not.
The mistake in question, is detailed in her first diary, that is when she began writing of voices. Ikumi would engrave her wishes and desires on trees, she never dared to do so inside Aokigahara in fear of desecrating spirits, but there was a time when she was very upset, and wished nothing but for everyone to die and let her be. She inscribed it on a tree, but that tree was a Kodama, the spirit of a tree and of echoes. Cutting the bark of the Kodama is like to seal a deal, you are cursed, but the curse is lifted if you find a way to compensate Kodama.
The Kodama are very jealous, and the Kodama of the area outside Aokigahara are especially jealous- Wishing to be a home for many other spirits like the Kodama of Aokigahara are. Ikumi had an idea, she would trap apparitions within a lantern of bamboo, and release them with the Kodama outside the forest, fulfill his wish.
Unfortunately, Ikumi's heart faltered, she had grown full of fear as she bound spirits to the lantern. That is a very forbidden act. She left the lantern there in the forest.
Cont
>>
In her diaries, she details how the voices of spirits she bound ravage her mind, assaulting her constantly with thoughts of death and fear. She speaks of the way she communes in her dreams, and how she wishes it would end.
>Now, she went to free them, true to assume that it would be at the price of her life. I am certain now father is dead, and Ikumi will be soon too.
>Mother falls very ill, and eventually drifts into a state of slumber. I know she is not dead, because she was breathing. Next to us there was a house where lived a man and his son, who were my only friends. They took care of me while mother was asleep.
>Three days pass since mother falls asleep, and Ikumi returns. I am shocked to see her alive, but it is almost as if she is not. She does not speak, and has the same look on her face at all times. She just entered her room and did not come out
>I have been very confused, what has happened in the forest, but I did not dare ask.
>Again she wrote, day and night, I did not interrupt, mother was asleep still, and I began being at neighbor's home more and more
>Years pass, Ikumi never speaks, I have not read her diary any more until yesterday.
>Meanwhile, father of neighbor friend becomes my mentor, he knows much about Yokai and he teaches me all he knows. I learn to speak with the energies that surround us, and gain more knowledge of what my sister had done to herself and the spirits.
>>
You have my attention, nigga.
>>
>Mother passed away in her slumber a week ago, mentor takes me and Ikumi as his children
>Ikumi still does not speak, she will not leave our house. I go live with mentor and Ikumi stays alone, always writing.
>Yesterday, she comes to mentor's house, taps on my hand and hugs me
>She still does not speak, but she shows me signs. First, waving her finger to say do not do that, then she presses her open palms together and opens them like a book, then she points at herself.
>I ask her, "Do not open my diaries?"
>She nods, hugs me and leaves.
>That day, she walks into the forest for presumably the last time, as she is wearing mother's white wedding dress.
>All night it stormed, heavy rain and thunder, in the middle of the night I could not bear it and I go back to our house, now the third empty out of the only four. I enter my sister's room and there is a stack of brown notebooks on her bed, which she used for diary. I read all night, have many more to read. Will post here what I think is interesting.
>>
I am very sad for you anon.
>>
thankyou very much for posting
>>
First, time stamp with notebooks, it would sadden me if you were to discredit my authenticity in disbelief, as it takes much to share it.
>>
>>18572859

Shieet, sounds like your kodama is the same class of spirit in my country called engkanto.
>>
Step the fuck up, /x/. We have new real good spooks. Bump
>>
Buuump
>>
Sorry for delay friends, we are grieving the losses of both my mother and my sister, and I went to place an offering to their souls. I return now, and here is the beginning of the first entry she wrote when she came home from the forest after mother been ill. I will only show section to protect Ikumi's respect as the diary has many of her personal troubles that she would not want me to share.
Here she wrote :
>They say it is not yet my time to die.
>They say I must not speak even a single word.
>>
Here is more I can tell you
Internet access here is very poor, and we are against social media, as we believe sharing our faces with the whole world leads to less worth of our inner circle. So here we only browse the net to study. There are no schools nearby, so all our knowledge comes from here. We fish our food at the lakes surrounding Fuji, and we run generators of solar power and water energy to power what little electricity we use, and water we bring in buckets from the lakes for shower.
The internet taught me many things of different culture and to write English, although not perfectly, it is a good tool.
My sister had more twisted interests. She always wished for a stronger connection with the dead. Her old computer, which had it's power supply burn had folders with images of hunged people, pools of blood, photos of graveyards. Ikumi was very interested in all that revolves death and the means to achieve it.
Diaries, also, were the biggest fascination of Ikumi. Even before she could not speak anymore, she did not speak much, and when she did she would do so with a very quiet and gentle voice. So, she let everything out in brown notebooks. She had many of them, they were sent to her from a friend in the city who was our only outside contact. Ikumi was very protective of her diary, computer, and room in general, and while she was alive I have only been to it numerous times.
>>
>>18572894

Would a visit to your village be fatal?
>>
Friends, I leave the old house now, it is very cold. I will not take the diaries with me as it would desecrate the memory of Ikumi. I will write to you what I remember reading that I think is alright to share, please understand and forgive me.
Here is the most personal entry I would be willing to share, I will not go into details, as this entry and a few before and after it detail a romance Ikumi developed with the spirit of a young man. They detail her desires and I would not want to disrespect her, but here is what I can write :
>His name is Hideki, he whispered it to me by the grove.
>How beautiful he was, I gasped for air at the sight of him
>When I stood close to him, it was not like the other spirits, instead of cold through my body I felt warmth
>He understood me, I did not have to speak - only think.
>He would whisper directly into my head, I look at him and heard his voice within me
>I dreamed of joining him, to unite with the man who thought of death as I did
>We spoke often, I would leave for Aokigahara at night and he would protect me from all the apparitions. When I entered the forest he would be made manifest before my eyes and ward me from malicious and treacherous spirits.
>He loved me, as I did him, each night I dreamt of him and it was the only dream that was not a nightmare.
>I loved Aokigahara because of his presence. It made the bones littered by the roots seem like a mere means to ward off those who would not understand what it means to exist.
>His words were the only truth to my ears, he was my family, more than my own.
>I apologize to him profusely, for forcing him not to pass on as he wants to stay with me but I am too afraid to take my own life
>He forgives, he understands. He would rather not have peace and have me than be separated from me, or to have me killed
>I made many mistakes in that forest, I have angered spirits of all ages and forms, but he continues to protect me
>Many times he bore my punishments, and endured pain for me.
>>
Cont
>Hideki paid for my mistakes, he kept me alive just so we could spend more time together. He did not agree for any harm to come to me
>If it weren't for Hideki's love, my entire family would be long dead, with me being the first
>I do not regret that this is the life I've been given, it is my destiny. I am living proof that love transcends the physical realm
>Hideki makes me feel things I have never felt before
>In my head are thoughts of what Hideki and I could do together if we were to exist in the same plane of life
The next part I will omit, since it contains sexual content which is composed of Ikumi's fantasies which I do not want to share in the sake of her respect.

Next entry is just titled bones, no date
>Human bones scare humans, because they show them how futile is the physical world
>When looking at the remnants of a long-deceased person, I see proof that this life is meaningless, yet when I see the spirits of the forest I know what is truly the essence of a human
>The soul is what lives, the body is a vessel to contain it
>I am not afraid of bones, they tell me nothing new, I already know this life is but a fraction of what comes after it
>It would be a mistake to believe that death is the end, as death is truly just a gate towards what is above our mortal understanding
>Life is a root tangled around our feet, it binds us to this realm and closes off so much potential knowledge. I wish I would have the courage to rid myself of this burden, but Hideki does not allow it, and I myself can not bear to do it.
>No harm can come to me in Aokigahara, malicious spirits told Hideki I use him as a shield ,and have no interest in him, but that is not the truth. I love him truly.
>One day the hand that writes this will be bones, and the energy that gave rise to what is written will be above this limitation.
>>
>>18572928
dude, if you can, you should write a book about this story. Change names, tell everything that deserves to be said, omit nothing. People will buy it. This is a very important message here, a beautiful perception of things and their essence, and I would love to read a book telling about it.
>>
Next few entries speak of the lantern, I will combine together what I remember

>I once had a lantern, crafted of bamboo by grandfather
>He said to me before passing away, "Ikumi, often we look at a lantern as something that repels darkness by bringing light. Do not let that belief cloud your memory of the knowledge that without darkness, there cannot be light."
>To this lantern I gave a name, Heikō.
Heikō is the Japanese word for equilibrium, but not a physical balance, more of an equal connection to two sides of a spectrum.
>Heikō gave me light when I wrote late at night, until Heikō received a purpose more grand.
>In my rage, I wished death upon all the living, I felt frustrated as they did not allow me to go to Aokigahara to meet with Hideki during the day.
>I give my wishes to the trees, so that they get meaning and are rooted after my time has passed.
>In my anger, I did not ask permission of the tree before giving it my wish, and that proved to be a mistake
>The tree sent echoes in my mind, it spoke to me and said, "You are selfish, carving your wish in my flesh, now you must fulfill my wish, or wherever you go, malicious spirits will scream in your mind."
>The tree ordered me to go into the forest, trap spirits who find refuge in the other trees, and make them settle in his own roots and leaves
>I promised to do so, as I knew Hideki can protect my body, but not my mind.
>I took Heikō with me into the forest, there I met Hideki and told him of what commenced
>Hideki told me that doing as the tree asked would upset the spirits greatly, but he told me that he would rather have the spirits upset where he can protect me than have them tear at my soul.
>Just as I thought, Hideki always understands me.
>I took Heikō to a tree in the center of the grove where I met Hideki, he came with me to guard me.
>I chanted a plea for the spirits to leave the tree, this particular one was riddled with them
>The tree had many nooses hung from it's thick branches
Cont
>>
>>18572813
Continue, good Story Bo
>>
cont
>Some nooses had the former shells of the forests many visitors.
>I raised Heikō high above my head, and light flickered in it as from the roots of the tree rose the apparitions of lovers, holding hands.
>I pleaded with them to enter the lantern, with the promise of a new home outside of the forest, where the battles between different spirits would not concern them
>They agreed, on the term that they will get to remain together.
>I promised them that I will not separate between them, and they rose up and into my lantern, I felt great unease.
>Next, rose the spirit of a child.
>He was crying, perhaps he did not choose his fate. I felt very bad for trapping him, as I did not even plead, I just chanted for him to join with the other souls in the lantern, and join he did
>Next, the ground shook, and a tall man missing a hand manifested from the stump, as I asked him to enter the lantern I began stuttering. He was inches from my face and I felt my innards beginning to freeze.
>Hideki hissed at him, I have never seen him do that, but suddenly the apparition went to hide within my lantern, and I sealed him there. Then, Hideki move his hand through me and my body felt warm once again.
>Suddenly, the lantern felt heavy. As if the souls had the weight of their bodies again, all packed up into the lantern itself
>I dropped it to the ground, and I was surrounded from all directions by the faces of people lost to the forest.
>Hideki stood close to me, and as the faces were closing in, they all stopped.
>Hideki screamed in agony, it was like someone was tearing him limb from limb
>Then, the faces all disappeared, and he stopped screaming.
>I cried and begged for forgiveness that Hideki had to endure this so that I live
>He forgave, like he always does
>He told me to run, and not return until he can restore his strength.
>So I ran, and I left the lantern behind, I did not care for the other souls, only for Hideki.
>But soon I would care of the other souls too, they screamed.
>>
This now the last entry she had ever wrote, before she said goodbye
>I can no longer bear the torment, and neither do I want Hideki or my family to bear it for me
>Today I part ways with life, willingly, and join my beloved Hideki among the many souls of the forest
>Why was I so afraid to do this for so long, even knowing the futility of life?
>Truth is, I don't know why I feared ending my life. Many have done so, especially in Aokigahara.
>Few people truly want to wait until their true time to die, it's just that not many have the courage to choose their time.
>Life is fragile, I would rather have control of how I lose it
>This is my final goodbye to you, dearest diary, you've been my closest friend and companion, nearly as close to me as Hideki himself
>If anyone is to ever read this, know my final words are not words of sadness or regret
>I leave this world with a lesson to teach, that the worth of life is not on it's surface, it's worth is what we assign to it
>In the complexity of what it is to be alive, we ignorantly forget that the world beyond our mortal shell is many times vaster
>This is not the last you see of me, as a fragment of me will always tie to this place and these words. They are mine and mine only, and any who know me know that this notebook is me as well
>I choose to die in mother's dress to symbolize the vanity and worthlessness of the things humans make to give purpose to the ideas they created
>To each, their own meaning for life, and for me, the meaning comes after it
>For me, it is Hideki's love, the anchor of my sanity in a world filled with things I almost cannot grasp
>Goodbye to you, my family, we will meet again when your time comes, do not worry for me, as I shall be safe with my beloved Hideki.
I am crying while typing this, so please be forgiving for the big delays. I will answer any questions now that you may have, and if you want. I will write more entries later on when I calm down.
>>
>>18573013
OP your sister is right.
>>
Here is something you need to know of Aokigahara, for some reason, sound acts differently in it and outside of it
When you stand outside the forest, it's completely silent. You can't hear the animals of the forest, or the voices of the spirits which reside there at all. This has to do with the fact that the forest is surrounded with hardened lava which isolates sounds.
However, when standing in the forest, you can feel the vibrations of sounds very clearly, you can constantly hear the rustling of leaves even when there is no wind, you can hear muffled conversation and sometimes cries.
Aokigahara is almost like it's own realm, as it is the strongest bridge between the world of the living and the home of the dead.
The entrance is full of tape put by tourists who were scared of being lost so they tape the trees
Deeper there are very few animals, and there are paths leading to ice caves
And even deeper there are many groves and empty patches, with large trees in the middles
It is there that many people choose to go and end their life by hanging.
Now, besides all those who died by hanging there, there were also many who died of Ubasute. Ubasute is when the family takes an old parent or relative and leaves them to die in an isolated place. Many have committed Ubasute in Aokigahara, so the unwilling spirits at the deepest part of the forest are the most malicious.
I theorize that the many faces which Ikumi spoke of were victims of Ubasute
>>
Bump, tell us more please
>>
What an amazing writing and story.
Can you tell us a bit more about what your mentor has taught you? With all the secrecy nessesary if it is some kind of sacret knowlege.
>>
It is very difficult for me to write it, so bear with me. It would help me a lot of people watching would show interest so that I could feel that I am not alone in this

>Last night, Hideki came to me in my dreams
>We walked hand in hand through Aokigahara, surrounded by five foxes
>The foxes spoke to us, and gave us five gifts
>The first fox gave us the gift of eternal love, that wherever we be taken, we will be there together
>The second fox gave us the gift of understanding, that whatever we encounter is never beyond our knowledge
>The third fox gave us the gift of solace, that we would not have to worry what would happen next
>The fourth fox gave us the gift of forgiveness, that we could look past what made our hearts heavy
>The fifth fox gave us the gift of death, that we be free from our bonds and enjoy an eternity together.
>Once I receive the gift of the death, I will have my eternal love, I will have my understanding, I will have my solace, and I will have my forgiveness.
>Please come, fifth fox, I long for your gift.
>>
>>18573129
My mentor has taught me that all spirits that can interact with you in this world are here because they have a purpose to complete. He explained to me that I should treat the spirits just as I treat people. Not fear them, but try to understand them.
He taught me chants, rituals, offerings, and how to initiate conversation or materialization of apparitions.
I have communed with the spirits of my ancestors many times when I was facing personal difficulties and they always gave me sound advice.
Also, this one time I helped the spirit of an old man pass peacefully by methods my mentor taught me.
>>
>>18573137
How does one commune, OP? Teach us.
>>
>>18573137
Thank you for your answer. Sound like a grand path in life.

Also, please go on with your entries. And dont worry. We are listening.
>>
>>18573146
The way to commune depends for the reason that the spirit is there.
If the spirit is in love with a living human, you must either be that human or someone very important to that human
If the spirit is lost, you must guide it to where it was supposed to be
If the spirit is angry, you calm it
Most spirits though, to commune with them, you must make promises and deals. You get this and that from the spirit in exchange for you helping the spirit complete whatever task it has that is binding it to the physical realm.
You can not "summon" a spirit, as summoning is calling upon them against their will, however, you can plead them to come to you, or sometimes, they will appear out of their own will.
>>
>>18573165
Interesting. Thank you. And how do you go about "leading" them? How do they "speak" and what sorts of deals do they prefer?
>>
Another entry, there she speaks of the loss of our father
>Everyone is in pain, but me most of all
>I know he died because of me, I know I am to blame
>Somehow I had to choice between my family and the spirits of the forest and I chose the spirits
>In a sense, the spirits are my family. Especially Hideki, whom I can't get out of my mind
>I visit Aokigahara so often now
>My biggest fear is that I will meet the spirit of my father, I know he is bound to the forest now because he still hasn't found me
>I'm afraid he will never be able to understand why I'm doing what I am doing, and will no longer love me
>How selfish of me.
>I wish I could take this all back and not involve anyone, just go to the forest some night, meet Hideki, end my life then and there when we fall in love
>Why must everyone around me suffer?
>I feel so guilty
>I hope one day I can compensate everyone who loves me for the harm I brought to their lives.
>>
>>18573171
Some speak through feelings, they look at you and you just.. understand, I don't know how to explain but you have intuition for that.
Others, they speak directly into your mind, there is no sound but you can "hear" them just like you "hear" your own thoughts. Sometimes this is very invasive and you have no control of it.
Others, they speak with actual voices that can be heard by others outside of the living person they are addressing.
If by lead you mean the example of a lost spirit, if you promise to return them to where they belong they will just follow you as you walk. They might even show you visions of how they got where they are if you meditate enough around them.
The deals they prefer all depend on their cause of death and their purpose in life/undeath, as I said they are all bound to this realm for a reason and if you help them pass they will give what they can in return
>>
>>18573182
Can you give guidance for "strengthening" intuition and these "abilities?" Does everyone have this ability? Are their "higher" spirits as well as "lower spirits?" Where do HueMans fall?
>>
>>18573202
Spirits and humans are equal, that is the beauty of the spirit world, there is no class. Your purpose is your purpose. You could have a spirit whose purpose is to save the world from exploding and another who's purpose is to taste a dish it never ate in its life and the spirits are equally important because for them it's the single thing keeping them from reincarnating.

Not everyone can commune with the spirits. The spirits only choose to show themselves to those who they believe can aid them in their purpose, and they are extremely weary to outsiders, sometimes even being violent towards them.
Some humans do not even go through the spirit phase, and pass peacefully because they have completed their lifelong goal.
The only way to "strengthen" your intuition is to try and be understanding. By befriending the spirits you learn better what they want and that way you can sense their raw emotions more efficiently.
>>
Friends, I will be having my parting ceremony now, and I will return in a few hours
Meanwhile, please leave any questions you have, and I will answer them when I come back
Forgive me for leaving now, please keep the thread.
>>
fuck off we dont need any gookshit on this board!
/x/ is for american only!
>>
File: mpjp5.gif (440KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
mpjp5.gif
440KB, 500x400px
>>18573221
Thank you for all that you have shared here.

I need to go too. Please somebody keep this thread alive
>>
>>18572779
this thread will remain alive. we are listening.
>>
>>18573229
you're not even funny
>>
>>18573270
I want answers though

how?
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (141KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
141KB, 600x489px
>>18573221
thanks for sharing your experiences here. i [and probably lots of unspoken readers] look forward to your returning
>>
>>18573274
just leave this board you fucking narrow minded fuck
>>
Much love to you from across Earth.
May you be happy.
>>
>>18573221
Thank you for taking your time and writing this.
Can you tell us about specific deals you've had with spirits,an example perhaps.
And is hideki the spirit of someone who died in the forest or is he a yokai?
Have you ever been inside the forest yourself? If you have did you encounter any spirits?
>>
>>18573319
yes.
>>
Hello friends, I am back. Time to respond
For everyone who thanked me for sharing, you are very welcome, excuse me for the time you had to wait.
>>18573229
As for you, it's easy to dismiss something beyond your understanding. I am not mad at you, just know that I don't want this kind of attitude here as this is a very personal thing I am sharing here, I would appreciate if you took your memes elsewhere.
>>18573324
As described in Ikumi's diaries, he is a handsome looking man, they are in love and she wants to join him in the overworld, and he is bound to this world because he's in love with her.
There are two options, either he truly is the spirit of a man who died unloved, and now has fallen in mutual love with Ikumi
Or, there is an option which I hate to think of, he could also be a type of yokai that masks itself as a human spirit and lures innocent humans with love in order to make them commit suicide.
The second option however, is unlikely thankfully, because in Ikumi's diaries she describes how much pain and torment he endured to protect her. A Yokai's true nature is usually exposed when there is danger to the Yokai itself, as they are very selfish. Yet Hideki suffers so that she can go on.
I've been to Aokigahara only numbered times in my life, a few times I spoke with the spirit of my grandfather for advice. He told me he will only pass peacefully when both me and Ikumi do because his duty is to ensure we have a good life, but walking through the forest I caught all sorts of glimpses of different beings. It's not as scary when you think of them as people seeking solace...
Another time, I was in the forest searching for a medicinal herb that could help mother, there was this spirit of an old man who was a victim of Ubasute. He was left with his cane to die in the middle of the grove.
Cont
>>
>>18573211
Your story affascinates me, I'm really sorry for what happened to you and I thank you for sharing it on 4chan, I would like to ask you a question, let's say that I meet a spirit that I don't want to speak to, if it notices, would it be angry? Or would it just go away? I'm just asking in the remote case I meet a spirit
>>
cont
The old man did not pass because the cane being far from where he died represents to him how he died far from home, as Ubasute was a forbidden act and had to be done in an isolated place. So, we made a deal.
I would find his cane and put it down next to tree in which his spirit resided so he could pass, and he would tell me where the herb grows.
I returned the cane, and put it down. It was the first time I saw a spirit pass as he dissipated into a beam of light that pierced through the dense leaves and his voice whispered in my head the direction into which I should go to find the herb.
I ended up actually finding this herb, and it helped delay mother's illness.
I believe that thanks to that she slept and did not die immediately.

This other time I witnessed a Yuki-onna, she is the woman of the snow. I was at the lake as it had frozen over and I wanted to cut out some ice to bring home to preserve the fish we had as I knew we wouldn't be catching any soon because of how cold it was. Then it began snowing, and I felt her looking at me. I turned to her, and she was very pale, almost indistinct from the snow. The only things differentiating her was her black hair and blue lips.
She is a malicious spirit of a woman who died in a snowstorm, spirits like her should not be reasoned with. So I ran with snow up to my shins but I ran very fast because if she were to breathe on me I would freeze to death. Thankfully, she is slow as she floats gracefully above the snow.
>>
>>18573405
The most important thing with a spirit is respect and manners. If you don't wish to speak to a spirit and it is not a malicious spirit (with the intent of killing innocents) you have to refuse kindly, by saying that you can not aid them in their passing, apologize, and wish that they pass peacefully. More often than not, people are afraid because they forget that the spirits are humans just like them, but in a different state physically speaking.
>>
>>18573411
answer the phone.
>>
>>18573411
Thank you, sorry if I still bother, but if the spirit is malicious what should I do?
>>
>>18573417
I'm sorry, I don't understand?
>>18573422
There are two kinds of malicious spirits, there is one who just wants to kill you, and from that you should just run as fast as you can
The other is called vampiric, and it delights in torture. If you can't run, you can beg and make deals, usually the deals require evil deeds and harm but for that your life is spared.
>>
>>18573427
Thank you, hope I don't encounter a bad spirit at this point of time, 'cause I'm really slow XD
>>
this is interesting OP.
can you post any pictures of the forest or landscape around you? you dont have to go in, just take a picture from the outside.
do you people believe in spirit animals? can you perform magic?
>>
>>18572866
care to elaborate?
>>
>>18573444
It currently is 2:45 AM so I cannot take pictures since it is too dark, but I will do so tomorrow.
If by spirit animals you mean the spirits of animals, they do exist, they are harmless yokai. Animals don't have the same way of passing like humans do with a single purpose, but rather, the animal spirit symbolizes something, and it's spirit passes once someone witnesses it's symbolic value
If you mean animals that have a special bond, Ikumi has a very strong bond with foxes. She talks of them all the time, they come to her in her dreams, whenever she is in the forest she attracts foxes and one time a fox followed her all the way home from Aokigahara
No, I can not perform magic, I am an ordinary human.
>>
File: 1332278732486.png (322KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
1332278732486.png
322KB, 469x600px
>>18573444
how about you? no phone?
>>
File: EBS.jpg (586KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
EBS.jpg
586KB, 1920x1200px
>>18573456
no one is answering that phone number. why?
>>
>>18573456
do you have any bond with an animal like your sister?
>>
>>18573489
>>18573457
>>18573417
what is the meaning of this?
>>
File: 1333069924949.jpg (2MB, 3920x2881px) Image search: [Google]
1333069924949.jpg
2MB, 3920x2881px
>>18573492
we have made contact. units are on the way to assist you sir.
>>
>>18573504
da fuq does that mean?
>>
Everything is starting to fuck up down here
>>
>>18573518
do you think you can be friend of a spirit ?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>18573489
>>18573504
>>18573457
>>18573417
Friends, please stop with the meme, this thread is very important to me and I recently went through a big loss, I do not find your joke funny.

>>18573490
I have a similar bond with the Serow, it is not very known to outsiders but it is like if a goat and wolf had a baby, pic related. Whenever I go fishing, or hiking at Mt. Fuji the Serows who usually run from people stay calm around me and even come to me
They have never appeared in my dreams though.
>>
>>18573451

In my homeland, engkantos are ancestral spirits in thick forests. There are ways to gain favor or ward them off by local shamans. Those inflicted with these spirits are either be eaten by the forest or be inflicted with disease or bad luck.

Most shamans that communicate with these spirits practiced devout catholic doctrine adapted to their shamanic ways using living stones and only communicate during Pentacost or Easter when asking for luck and protection. Is there any stark difference to your spirit practices?
>>
>>18573533
op, sorry for your loss, but can you tell me more about your dreams, did you have similar nightmares like your sister?
>>
>>18573537
have you encountered them?
>>
>>18573526
Me? Actually not, I'm very shy, especially with people that I have to respect I tend not to talk much. But if a spirit is really nice and welcoming I would like to fulfill their objective or, if I can't, be friends with yhwm
>>
>>18573537
In Japan there is never a middleman between a living human and a spirit, it's always 1 on 1
You solve whatever you have with the spirit on your own, or else there is no longer a point in it
You can see this in malicious spirits choosing to not kill a human only under the promise that he does not mention them to anyone else.
It's okay to know about encounters, but VERY rarely does more than one living human encounter a spirit at the time, as they also prefer to show themselves to people who are alone.
>>
>>18573548
Them*
>>
>>18573548
have you encountered a friendly spirit?
>>
Best thread on /x/ by far. I hope you always come here to bring updates on you and join in on magical discussion.
>>
>>18573526
Why did you ask me by the way?
>>
>>18573555
Never encountered spirits
>>
>>18573547

No, but in the provinces we are warned that when moving inside forest always and pissing in forest to always say "Tabi-tabi po" which roughly translation "Please excuse me" not to offend the these encounter these spirits. However, we did have a bizarre witch encounter where my little brother got his foot shrunk from a hex in the province.
>>
>>18573557
out of curiosity
>>18573559
no, i haven´t i would like encountered one at least once in my life
>>
>>18573548
This is not OP, I am OP
>>18573543
My dreams are different, as I do not remember most of them, Ikumi records everything she dreams of in her journals, but I have had frequent nightmares about Aokigahara since my father died.
>>18573555
The large majority of spirits are friendly
>>18573526
The person you asked is not me, as I do not swear. But it is very possible to befriend a spirit.

Friends, I would appreciate if instead of asking each other questions you would ask me, afterall, this is my thread..
>>
>>18573561
would you like to share more of this witch encounter?
>>
>>18573565
Please, friend, if you tell about the witch encounter do this in a separate thread, this is very disrespectful to hijack my thread like that.
>>
>>18573562
legit
>>18573564
sorry if I swore, didn't mean to, the fact is that when talking about arguments like this I get easily irritated, also didn't have a good day
>>
>>18573564

Did you leave the village to study up on spirit communication?
>>
>>18573564
op, you write before that you had communed with your ancestors would you care to elaborate
>>
>>18573568
sorry for asking that man
>>
>>18573565

You heard the OP.

Also OP use a tripcode or something or maybe a timestamp for less confusion
>>
>>18573572
One time my mentor took me and Ikumi up on Mt. Fuji and there we met with a friend of him who is a shinto monk and he taught us how to balance our emotions enough to act rationally when encountering a spirit, we were very young, I think in our preteens
>>18573574
I went to Aokigahara to speak with the spirit of my grandfather, the same one who gave Ikumi the lantern. I often go to him for advice as he always knows what's best for me. He has not passed yet because he wants to watch over me and Ikumi in life. There was a grove where he would take us to meditate among the spirits when he was still alive and I went there and meditated the way he did and he was made manifest before me.
>>
>>18573586
was your grandfather someone like you mentor, someone that knows about spirits and such
>>
This will now be my tripcode friends, I am not sure how tripcode works, but I searched in google and it said to type in the name field so now that is what I do
>>
>>18573586

You ever think you might encounter Ikumi next time going deep in the forest?
>>
>>18573595
Yes, my grandfather knew much about the spirits, and he was a very wise man. He also spoke in unclear ways but he made sure to pass his wisdom to us. Now he watches over us and protects us from malicious spirits, I guess, now he only watches over me..
>>
>>18573600
op dou you had any other malicious spirit other than that of the ice woman?
>>
>>18573599
I know I will not, unfortunately.
I will never encounter neither Ikumi nor Hideki until I die, since they will pass now as they have completed their purpose. Both of them had the purpose to be united in the same realm and now that they are they will depart together.
I might not meet my father either, as his last goal was to find Ikumi, and now he will.
I don't know about mother, seems to me she has passed when she died.
I know we will all meet again including grandpa when I die.
>>
>>18573607
op can you tell us about your mentor´s son
>>
>>18573605
There are many malicious spirits in Aokigahara, as malicious spirits appear the most in either of two places :
1)Very isolated places in which there is one human only and he is in danger
2)Places crowded with spiritual energy
Aokigahara is both of these things. It usually has no more than two people in there at a time, and is considered very dangerous. And also, it is home to very many spirits and yokai.
>>
Thank you for sharing this story with us, OP. I am sorry for your mourning, and I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

You mentioned yuki-onna, and how it is a malicious spirit. Do all malicious spirits become yokai? Or are there both good and bad spirits and good and bad yokai?
>>
>>18573607

How about Youkais? Do you like to encounter any specific youkai? Scared of any youkai Night Parade during the night?
>>
intelestinga thleadu
>>
>>18573613
have you had any contact with outsiders?
>>
>>18573596
fear not aokigahara. we are your friend.
>>
>>18573611
Hiroji is quite oblivious to his surrounding, he "doesn't believe" in spirits even though they are all around him, yet he is scared to go into Aokigahara.

>>18573614
Good and bad is a matter of perspective, but there are malicious spirits and friendly spirits, as well as malicious yokai and friendly yokai. What separates spirits and yokai is that spirits are the souls of dead humans trapped in the physical realm due to a purpose that isn't completed. Yokai are not human.
>>18573624
There are as many Yokai as there are animals in the world, and no, they do not have "night parades", I have been troubled by Yokai, but never encountered any as close as yuki-onna.
>>18573626
You are welcome to take interest, but please, no racism.
>>18573635
I have never seen a living person that isn't from the area of Aokigahara and Mt. Fuji. My only contact with outsiders is on 4chan and educational websites through which my sister and I schooled ourselves.
>>18573638
Thank you, support means a lot for me
>>
>>18573211
What if I align my purposes with the spirits? For example, if I go tasting new dishes am I on some level starting to connect with spirits who have never tasted the dish?

And is this in a sense of histories mixing? Or is it in a different or simpler way?
>>
>>18573626

add me in screenshot
>>
>>18573643

So any form of visit on your village could be fatal?
>>
File: Eiheiji08bs3200.jpg (4MB, 3200x2130px) Image search: [Google]
Eiheiji08bs3200.jpg
4MB, 3200x2130px
>>18573643
i will never give you up.
>>
>>18573643
dou you know what happened to the other houses in your village?
>>
>>18573643
Thank you for your answer. I have just one more question; you said yuki-onna is the spirit of a woman who died in a snowstorm. Does that mean that human spirits can become yokai, if they are angry or determined enough? Can a human spirit become so trapped between this plane and the next that they lose the ability to pass on?
>>
>>18573645
Two cases, if you just WANT to do something that is the life purpose of a spirit, the spirit will aid you in getting to experience that thing in exchange for it being able to pass by participating in it
If this is your life purpose though, and it also is the life purpose of the spirit, there is no longer a deal where each benefits, but a friendship in which the two entities experience their life purpose together.
In either case, the spirit will pass, only that in the second case the human will also pass once he dies without being a spirit
>>18573650
Not saying it would be fatal, but we are very weary of outsiders as they do not know how to behave around the spirits and can easily upset them.
When my father was just a child, friends from the city came to visit. One got lost and a spirit was in front of him and he swore at it and disrespected it. The others played around in a graveyard in the forest and also upset some spirits. They did not die, but my grandfather banished them and for a whole month after that my father would hear the voices of the disturbed spirits. There haven't been outsiders here since.
>>18573654
Thank you, much appreciated friend
>>18573655
families just died and nobody wanted to move in there, that's also what will happen with my family's house now.
>>18573656
Yuki-onna lost the ability to pass because in her anger, her life purpose became to kill. Yet, there was nobody to blame for the snowstorm, so her life purpose does not bring closure. So she continues senseless killings as she exists. She is yokai because her purpose is not something that can be achieved, since she can't kill everything that is possible to kill like that.
>>
>>18573664
man if i weren´t in mexico i would go just to give you a hug?
>>
>>18573674
Let us meet in the middle, so that the yokai do not devour your haha
>>
>>18573678'
op is there any demos in that forest
>>
>>18573683
If you mean demons, then yes and no
There are yokai who are demons, but my understanding of demons and yours is different.
Demons are just malicious yokai who delight in torture and deception, we call them vampiric yokai
>>
>>18573664
I see. It's pretty interesting that not having an achievable purpose can turn a regular human spirit into a yokai. I think that also explains a lot about our Western "demons", who are just malicious spirits that also wish to cause senseless harm.

I think the difference is that we Westerners usually fail to differentiate between non-human entities and human spirits. We tend to just assume that anything angry must be a demon, and anything friendly must be a trapped spirit.

It makes much more sense that both human and non-human spirits can be malicious or friendly. It makes many other stories I've heard way more plausible.

Thank you for enlightening me. I really feel like I've learned something.
>>
>>18573688
how long have you lived in that village op?
>>
>>18573688
we are humbly requesting to visit you some day. our primary purpose is to respect the spirits and put them at ease. may we find peace.
>>
>>18573696
I am very glad I could educate you, it is my pleasure
>>18573697
Born and raised, never lived elsewhere.
>>18573703
If you do ever visit, I would like to prepare you for the interaction with the spirits as they are very suspicious of outsiders. You will have to behave yourself perfectly by tradition and perhaps they make accept you.
>>
>>18573714
i accept your terms. please enlighten me. i am your humble and faithful student.
>>
>>18573719
I respect your interest, but there is not much that can be understood without experiencing such an interaction first.
>>
>>18573724
how were you aceppted by the spirits?
>>
>>18573727
Your mistake is that you are presenting as the spirits as one group who all have the same stance. That is wrong, they are like people(they are people). They are each unique and have different opinions. The spirits I have encountered thus far were my grandfather, whose acceptance I did not have to gain, and an old man who's acceptance I earned by helping him pass
But there is no such thing as being "accepted by the spirits"
>>
File: 1212081153a.jpg (208KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1212081153a.jpg
208KB, 1600x1200px
>>18573736
i would like to communicate in a more private format. how would you like to continue this conversation?
>>
I swear if I get cursed by some japanese ghost by reading this.
>>
>>18573741
Sorry, I do not use any social networks. If you manage to find some anonymous online chat where we can confirm each other's identities but not compromise ourselves I will speak with you there, but I know of no such tool.
>>
>>18573736
has any of them got into your village?
>>
>>18573744
Don't worry friend, that's not how things work.
There are VERY few instances of spirits on the internet, let alone malicious ones.
>>
Have you ever encountered a friendly yokai?
>>
>>18573748
Many are in my settlement, for an example the Kodama who cursed Ikumi, and there are the spirits of our neighbors, I believe my mother's spirit stayed in the settlement as well.
>>
>>18573752
Any plans to try and contact your mother's spirit? Maybe she needs a little help passing on.
>>
>>18573752
have you tried talking with the spirits of your neighboors?
>>
>>18573752
if you would like to try something like kiwi irc then you will find me in #aokigahara
>>
>>18572779

aaaw shieeaat here we go
>foreign
>poorly typed
>mofucking ghosts

This is the shit op, you pressed all the right buttons
>>
Been here for like 3 hours straight.
Very interesting story, I would like to read more please.
>>
>>18573751
No, but my grandfather has met an Ubume, she is a kind of yokai that is friendly, who was a human once. Basically, Ubume is a woman who died in childbirth. Since her goal was to give birth and she can no longer do so when she is dead, she can not pass. When you encounter an Ubume, she holds a child and asks you to hold it for her. Then, when you hold it she disappears and the child gets increasingly heavy, until it falls to the ground and it is revealed the child is a stone. She is friendly because she does no harm except a little confusion.
>>18573768
What is kiwi irc?
>>18573771
You are being disrespectful, please cease it. To you I am foreign, because I live far away, that does not make me not a person like you. My English has some mistakes because I never went to school, I learned English entirely from the internet on my own together with my sister.
Also, the term "ghosts" is derogatory.
>>18573777
Read more what, diary entries? If yes then sure, I will post more, if there is anything specific you want to hear about I will try to find an entry for that and type it here, so long as it isn't anything sexual.
>>
>>18573781
So are you saying that anyone who dies during childbirth will be bound to this plane forever?
>>
>>18573790
Not everyone, only if their life purpose was to give birth to a child.
>>
File: guidebook.png (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guidebook.png
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>18573796
is this helpful?
>>
>>18573781
I suppose you couldn't tell, but >>18573771's post was meant to be a compliment
>>
File: Screenshot_1457.jpg (18KB, 380x182px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1457.jpg
18KB, 380x182px
>>18573801
It won't let me...
>>18573803
Oh, then I am sorry for not understanding the compliment. Sometimes westerners are so confusing...
>>
>>18573781
I wouldn't ask for something like that, I really feel like I should respect you and your sister's privacy.So, what I'd like to know is how much time has paseed since all this happened to you and what are you planning to do now that you're all alone on that village.
>>
>>18573765
Not yet
>>18573764
If she appears first, otherwise it is better to not bother her
>>18573829
A day, nothing more.
But I am not all alone yet, still have mentor and his son.
>>
File: draenei_shaman_by_b_o_m_p.jpg (76KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
draenei_shaman_by_b_o_m_p.jpg
76KB, 900x675px
Probably the best thread in months maybe years
>>
Somebody's making a screenshot, right? This is too good not to save.

I would but mobile.
>>
>>18573844
gonna make it
>>
Thanks for carrying on what I wrote here, it means much to me friends
>>
>>18573840
Oh, right. I've forgot about that, sorry xd
Well, if that's the case, I'll be hoping to hear news about you and your experiences very soon.
And like my fellow mexican brother said. If I weren't on the other side of the Pacific Ocean, here on Chile, I would like to hug you.
We are with you, bro <3
>>
>>18573859
man don't worry, we are the ones who are thanking you for sharing your story and your knowledge
>>
>>18573864
Thanks for the support, I think I feel ready to share another entry from Ikumi's diary, I just need a bit of time to gather my wits.
>>
>>18573883
Take all the time you need, we are not going anywhere c:
>>
>>18573796
For how long, then? Do you believe they will be like that for eternity? For humankind's existence? Until the world is destroyed? For a few centuries?
>>
OP you never mentioned this but why did you read the diaries and not only that but post them on a global forum when your sister signaled "Do not open my diaries"?
>>
>>18573916
I think the answer is pretty clear, dude
>>
>>18573923
Maybe for you but not for me. OP said these spirits are bound here because they cannot fulfill their purpose, and they cannot fulfill their purpose as they are.

So for how long?
>>
This entry I find very interesting, as it speaks of love between realms of existence as well.

>My dearest Hideki
>Sometimes I am very conflicted, at times it all seems natural to me, to love you is no different than how my parents love eachother, we are both human
>Other times, I cry at nights because I can not hold you
>I long for your embrace, yet you can just pass through me as if you are a gust of wind
>But I love you, because I know you are not your physical form
>Even if you were alive, I would love that same essence, and not the vessel in which it is in.
>Yet, I wish for us to exist in the same dimension
>Many times have I thought of ending my life to join with you, my love with you transcend my love of physical things
>I have not told anyone of you, as much as my family is rooted in the world of spirits, they still vainly fear for my physical life more than they care for my true happiness, which I can only achieve outside of this world
>I think my grandfather knows about you, dearest Hideki. He is watching over me, and you share the same realm. I believe he understands and approves, otherwise he would have interfered already
>But then again, perhaps he knows you are my way to pass, and I am part of his way to pass..
>To love a spirit is to set aside all shallow ideas of the physical world for the benefit of a more profound understanding of what truly matters
>To love a spirit is to know that there is no such thing as death, it is merely a means through which we continue to a different stage of life
>Must be very hard for anyone who doesn't live here, if impossible, to experience the same thing
>From what I read on the computer, the outsiders are obsessed with physical things.
>They kill for resources, they are not at balance, they do not care for one another, only for their own selfish benefits.
>They invest their money in surgeries to adhere their physical image to the standard created by some other selfish human who makes money off of this
Cont
>>
File: Aokigahara1.png (3MB, 1792x3088px) Image search: [Google]
Aokigahara1.png
3MB, 1792x3088px
>>18573844
Got u senpai.
Skipped a lot of the Q&A, focused on the big chunks of story.
1/2
>>
>>18573916
Nobody knows, they are just trapped.
>>18573922
She told me not to do so because she worried for me, she feared I would know what she knows and do as she did.
>>
File: Aokigahara2.png (627KB, 1792x2616px) Image search: [Google]
Aokigahara2.png
627KB, 1792x2616px
>>18573931
>>18573844
2/2
Sorry about lousy formatting in pt2, I wasn't intending it to be multiple pics but the full image was just over 4MB

>>18573930
Shiiiet. I'll have to add this in. Whatever.
>>
>>18573933
How do you know that though? Her wish was for you to not read them, regardless of anything else as she did not specify why. You still broke her wish, anon.
>>
>>18573930
Your sister sounds pretty mature.
How old was she?
>>
>>18573930
Cont to this now
>I believe, if I were to tell an outsider that I am in love with a spirit they would laugh at my face
>To them, you love the shell of the person, and not who he truly is
>I have come to the conclusion, an outsider has never experienced true love
>True love is to love regardless of physical features or social status
>Yes, I describe Hideki as beautiful and handsome, but not because his features, but his heart
>Many times we were at the grove together, talking about all the things I wish to know in life
>He is such a beautiful man.
>Eager for knowledge, we never run out of things to speak of
>I wish someone understood, but I don't care that nobody does, because Hideki does, he always understood.
>I love him so deeply.
>>
>>18573931
Looks nice dude, thank you
>>
>>18573945
One year younger than me, 23
>>18573936
I know that because when I used to read her diary before this whole ordeal, even before she asked me not to, there was an entry which said :
>I wouldn't want my family to see this, as they might walk my path, it hurts to think that I could hurt them like that. The only circumstance under which I would be fine with this is if they just understood me but did not try to save me.
>I do not need saving.
>>
Bump.
It's 16:28 here, OP.
What time is it in Japan?
>>
>>18573991
6:30 AM, and I am going to sleep soon.

I would like to thank everyone for listening and respecting, I would appreciate it very much if you kept the thread alive while I sleep.
You may leave questions, I will answer them all when I wake up
Thanks again to everyone
>>
>>18573994
thanks to you for sharing
>>
>>18573931
>>18573935

You go, bruh. May these screenshots become /x/ staples, like ghostpuncher.
>>
>>18573994

thank you anon
>>
>>18573994
No problem, OP. This is an amazing thread, and I can't thank you enough for sharing with us.
>>
>>18573994
Don't worry, dude.
If you have some kind of weird dream involving all this events, please tells us.
Good night.
>>
Remember to take some pictures from outside the forest, and if its possible, the houses on your village.
>>
>>18573747
I would be interested speaking with you, too (I'm not the one you answered to). How about email? We could both make anonymous email addresses, how about that?
>>
>>18573930

I have a huge respect for you, OP. And for the way you've been raised, you have such a balanced state of mind and the way you have educated a lot of us in the way we act and think of spirits. In our culture, and I think in every westerd culture, we have distanted ourselves from our spiritual side so much. I am honestly very thankful to have found your thread and I'm really sorry for your loss, I hope you can overcome it soon and your loved ones find peace.
>>
First of all, I'm very sorry about your loss, anon, I know it must be a very hard time for you, so I really admire the courage of yours to share this with all of us. Arigato.

It's really interesting to read all what you know about the spirits, I haven't lived many paranormal experiences, but along a frined of mine we have discused a lot about the subject. We do believe that, when facing and spirit, the most important thing is to not be afraid, it may be difficult to get your nerves, since they aren't common visions to many uf us.

Nevertheless, I believe that you are living in a very priviligated area. I lived a whole year abroad, not in the country side but somehow living with less distractions, and I notice that a certain "perception" developed that way, now that I'm back to the quotidianity , I feel that perception to have weakened; so I think that you living so close to Aokigahara have a lot of potential to develop in this, in my self vocabulary, "perception".

I'm looking forward to read more about you in this threat, then again, thank you very much, and know that you have all my greetings ans support from Mexico, I hope to visit your country in the future.
>>
how do you know these spirits arent just demons? how do you know its really your grandfather and not a demon pretending?

i say we test all the so called spirits in the name of the lord
>>
Most interesting thread. My condolences for your loss.
>>
>spirits that can kill live near me
Why dont you move? I understand its your home but still. Was your family the keeper/protector of the forest or something?
>>
File: 1325188541178.jpg (428KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1325188541178.jpg
428KB, 1280x800px
>>18573994
we have changed the hosting platform. irc.gamesurge.net (6667) #aokigahara. looking forward to our next talk.
>>
File: 1325055110177.jpg (2MB, 4000x2674px) Image search: [Google]
1325055110177.jpg
2MB, 4000x2674px
>>18574502
by the way: others who wish to be polite and constructive are welcome to join.
>>
>>18574502
screw u leave the spirits alone
ur gaijin presence disrupt the sacred mountain
>>
>>18574506
excuse me?
>>
>>18574563
op is currently sleeping. no updates are likely for approximately 8 hours.
>>
OP burn the fucking forest to the ground and make the first Spiritual Shoah of the world, it will teach those fuckers not to mess with the livings
>>
>>18574661
rude. please simmer down or leave.
>>
>I Japanese!!! Excuse my English
>Even first few sentences are full of mannerisms and subtleties only native English speakers would use

I like the part where the Japanese people write almost entirely in hiragana too.

Basically tl;Dr try harder
>>
>>18574688
ignored.
>>
>>18573747
> PGP + throwaway email
>>
>>18573182
>Others, they speak directly into your mind, there is no sound but you can "hear" them just like you "hear" your own thoughts. Sometimes this is very invasive and you have no control of it.
How exactly do you tell if it's a bitchy spirit and not mental illness? And if you know it's a spirit how do you get it to fuck off?
>>
>>18574681
Rude? What the fuck man I obviously dont believe a single word of what you said, but if it were true those fucking spirits just killed your dad and then your little sister, I dont fucking care if they did something to them, if that were to happen to me I would get a fucking flame thrower and incinerate the hell out of their lazy asses and make them go thowards the fire as it were light.
>>
>>18574793
...avatar.
>>
>>18574793
now to address you like a gentleman and a scholar:
>>
>>18572937

I second this, anon. There is some really, really great stuff here that could make for a very compelling read. Just don't let hollywood screw it up when they inevitably come to you with a movie deal!
>>
>>18574860
whoever made that picture has never read the bible
>>
>>18574688
everything that can be in kanji is in kanji. what exactly are you talking about?
>>
>>18574979
OT =/= NT
>>
>>18575042
is that so? are you friend? are you foe?
>>
Hello friends, thank you for keeping the thread
I will now answer whatever you left for me
>>18574013
Ikumi came to me in my dream, she was very upset that I shared her knowledge with outsiders, claiming they would not understand. Many of you did understand however, and I thank you for that. I will not be sharing any more entries from her diary, but I will be answering any questions you may have
>>18574413
A demon will not talk to you unless it has something to gain. The spirit of my grandfather just gives me advice and then disappears. No point in tricking someone just to help them..
>>18574483
Not spirits, Yokai. Spirits can not kill you, they are just humans.
Also, creatures that can kill you reside everywhere in the world, here you just have a better understanding of them.
We lived in here for 7 generations, my ancestors who settled here sworn that all their family will remain until every last one is wiped out
>>18574661
You are ignorant, you can not "kill" a spirit by physical means like a living person, it is already dead. Burning the forest would desecrate the memories of the thousands who rest there.
>>18574688
Perhaps you don't recognize, but the writing system is a mix of Kanji, Katakana, and Hiragana. It's just that it is more correct to write certain things in certain system. I am not sure if that grammar resides in schools, but this is what my father taught us.
>>18574752
It is typical for an outsider to not understand this, but you can't prove that ANYTHING you encounter isn't fabricated by your brain.
Also, you do not get anything "to fuck off". You can help them, or ask of them nicely to leave you be.
>>
File: 1328858575691.jpg (55KB, 725x291px) Image search: [Google]
1328858575691.jpg
55KB, 725x291px
>>18575095
would you like to communicate again friend? i am now hosting a secure channel for us. would you like the connection details?
>>
>>18575068
Jesus is friend. Yahweh is foe.
>>
File: 1322343555067.jpg (853KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1322343555067.jpg
853KB, 1280x800px
>>18575107
irrelevant.
>>
>>18575095
Welcome back and thank you for undertaking this effort. I will be honest, I am somewhat skeptical, for example, why you would share here of all places if it all, isolated as you claim to be.

That being said, I am grateful to read your words, regardless of intention.

I would like to consult you on a dilema that you may be best positioned to inform me on.

I have been to Aokigahara twice now, first in March of 2015 (there was still snow) and again in July, while the windsurfing on Lake Saito gave me great pleasure, to observe at least. I have been wanting to share my experience and pictures as well, however I do not wish to hijack your thread, and I feel it may be disrepectful to share the images I captured. In the first place, I feel guilty having captured images of such sacred ground.

Nonetheless, I took a stone with me, from deep within the forest, the second time, in July, after witnessing a great moth lying silenty in my path; I think it is called a moon moth. I also found an abandoned folding bicycle. Filled with great anxiety, I fled, but not before taking the stone, for some silly purpose, likely hubris or pride of proving my experience to those at home.

The stone is of volcanic material, as you might expect, and I have found that parts have turned orange, rusted, since I returned to the United States; the moss changed from green to black. I grew to fear it; it is sealed in a plastic container filled with salt.

I feel I need to return the stone; I am compelled to climb Fuji-san and cast it in to the cauldron. What do you advise that I do Aokigahara-san?
>>
>>18575171

* I mispoke; I have grown to respect the stone more than fear it, though perhaps through my own feelins of guilt.
>>
This is an amazing thread and I'm glad I stayed to read. Thank you for sharing your story. Best wishes for you and your family.
>>
>>18575095
日本人ならこの文が分かるよな
こんにちは。僕は外国人です。よるしく
>>
>>18575095
So, I google Earthed all around Aokigahara, and i'm not sure where your village could be.
Is it Shoji or Motosu, Kawaguchiko or Fujigane?
I can't find it.
>>
>>18575321
He probably wishes to remain anonymous.
>>
>>18575321
I'm not asking who he is, i'm asking where this takes place for reference as I can't find any tiny villages around the area, only small towns.
>>
Do you think if an outsider came to your forest that they would see a spirit? Or would the spirits hide?
>>
What is your purpose OP? Can you actually catch the Yokai or other spirits on pictures or videos?
>>
Great thread.
I would like to ask your opinion on something OP. Most people that study this subject agree on that the body is a weak vessel for our soul, yet some people can transcend to "afterlife" from this world.
My great grandma always told me that our body is more than a vessel, a structure that empowers our soul, most "spirits" are jealous of this therefore "haunt" only those souls who posses a original "vessel".
I think most paranormal studies are being misguided to think that our body is only a weak piece of flesh, when in reality it is a tool for us?
any opinions on this?
>>
Hey OP
Im a musician and would like to put this story in music. Do you allow me to do so? Do you want me to change your sister's name or can I use it as a tribute for what she went through?
>>
Hey OP I was was wondering why you posted the story on 4chan, why not 2chan considering you are a native japanese speaker?
>>
>>18575462
post link here after youre done
>>
First night back on /x/ after like 8 months and this amazing thread is up. Thank you OP. Googled a bunch of stuff you mentioned and it's all really interesting
>>
OP I live in Romania and here there is also a forest wich is similar to yours,it s called "Hoia Baciu" Forest (translates Hoia the shepherd).Have you ever heard of it? And if you did, what is your opinion on it,do you think is similar to yours?
>>
File: 01.jpg (256KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
256KB, 1366x768px
This is a photo if it .there s also a circle where nothing grows
>>
>>18575506
Why do the trees grow like that?
Also i think OP left the thread
>>
>>18575516
Soil creep aka Downward creep

When the trees were younger and the non-bent top part was at the bottom, the ground moved downwards for some reason. Apparently eventually it stopped and they were allowed to grow more normal since
>>
>>18575530
Have you visited it?
>>
>>18575536
no I'm not the dude you asked I just know earth science and trees and shit
>>
>>18575479
Hey it will take me months to make a correct album. But I will if OP allows me to.
>>
>>18575542
Oh okay
>>
Fuck it's late now
Pretty good thread, i hope OP comes back to post a bit more
>>
>>18575563
I know. This is a great thread. Stories like these are what's pushing me deeper down the rabbit hole...
>>
File: IMG_2020.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2020.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Bumping with OC of the entrance to Aokigahara...I'm honestly worried I'ved scared OP off...I've wanted to talk to a Shinto priest about this but it has not exactly been convenient or practical...really hoping I can gain advice regarding the stone.
>>
File: 1483906757886.jpg (61KB, 350x448px) Image search: [Google]
1483906757886.jpg
61KB, 350x448px
Hopefully various ungrateful people didn't frighten off OP, I just spent the last 20mins reading this. Very refreshing to see on /x/.
If OP does return, hopefully this isn't too much of a personal question, but do you know what happened to your father? Did he get lost or taken by spirits?

Also another kind odd question, does your belief system involve proper burials? I've seen a lot of pictures of old bones and things deteriorating in that forest, if you attempted to bury them or move them would it be more or less disrespectful or disruptive than just letting them lay?
>>
File: IMG_2019.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2019.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18575700
(Same person$ I have traveled a good deal of the central island and I found that the Western slope of Fuji-san, particularly the area between Aokigahra and Lake Saito are most memorable. Kusatsu was also a very special place.

OP, I state this by way of a "bump," not to hijack your thread or show any disrespect. Thank you for all the knwoledge you have shared.
>>
>>18575719
godspeed anon
>>
Bump
Please dont let the thread die
>>
This is one of the best threads in a long time. Looking forward to OP showing up again.
>>
I would burn the entire forest if i was him. I would shit in my sister thomb since she was the reason of the loss of half family.
Seriously wtf...
>>
>>18572883
it looks like a kindergartner wrote this
>>
>>18575895
right?
I have been learning japanese for 3 years already and even I don't write like this
>If it is true OP should post some better evidence
>>
We NEED this thread alive! Come on! Nobody has questions?
>>
>>1857589
Exactly, its the best bait ive seen in years. Props op youve really outdone yourself
>>
>>18576010
i spoke with op. would you like to ask me any questions? i have chat logs. i am not certain that you will appreciate the answers...
>>
>>18576054
Ask him he allows me to do an album based on his story, please.
>>
File: 1305160990294.jpg (197KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1305160990294.jpg
197KB, 1920x1200px
>>18576054
btw the irc is back up.
>>
>>18576058
ask him if he*

sorry
>>
File: 1327240462386.jpg (135KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1327240462386.jpg
135KB, 1366x768px
>>18576058
define your terms. no identifying information will be allowed. the initial post in this thread is especially off limits. any visuals of ikumi's diary will be be redacted with extreme prejudice. if you stay within these guidelines: i do not find an issue with making a musical album inspired by these events. please change any cited location to a non specific location or at least a different sacred mountain in japan. fuji is far too complicated and the last thing we need is a bunch of people literally on the ground where op lives.
>>
>>18576067
I'll change the names, the places and will not share any picture that OP shared with us here.
Thank him for me for sharing it, it was very moving.
>>
File: 1336590771437.jpg (122KB, 673x461px) Image search: [Google]
1336590771437.jpg
122KB, 673x461px
>>18576067
excelsior.
>>
>>18575895
>>18575959
Apparently they have been both homeschooled.
>>
File: 1327911408228.jpg (486KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1327911408228.jpg
486KB, 1600x1200px
>>18576072
thank you.

>>18576071
as long as you keep the best interests of the privacy of op at heart, we will sanction your work. to anyone else wishing to do artwork derived from our inspiring op: similar terms apply.
>>
Your English is not a Japanese persons English
本当に日本人?
>>
>>18576095
here are some extra rules for english:
>>
File: 1328199780497.jpg (563KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1328199780497.jpg
563KB, 1680x1050px
>>18576095
to be more serious though: why does it matter?
>>
>>18576080
doesn't explain why he speaks better english than japanese (his sister too)
being homeschooled doesn't mean you're illiterate
>and aokigahara seriously I mean alright could be true but a village near there with internet reception
>posting on 4chan instead of ふたば
>>
>>18576101
Because he's a roleplayer just like the rest of this board and when it comes to rp'ing about being from another country it's really easy to see
>>
File: 536392622.jpg (54KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
536392622.jpg
54KB, 480x720px
>>18576108
one demerit to you anonymous.
>>
Bump. Bump. Bump.
>>
>>18576121
not that anon but look at the つ and the 私 of a normal japanese writing and compare it to OPs picture , and many more weird looking hiragana
>>
>>18576121
yea ok whatever retard
>>
Im reading these in a japanese english accent and im dying
>>
File: A_9d81ea_6140324.jpg (87KB, 900x903px) Image search: [Google]
A_9d81ea_6140324.jpg
87KB, 900x903px
LOL this is fucking bullshit, spirits and all that crap arent real faggot
>>
>>18573013
Sounds like your sister got deceived by a demon, OP.

RIP.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485705963970.jpg (76KB, 750x1263px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485705963970.jpg
76KB, 750x1263px
>>18576262
>>
>>18572779

Thanks for sharing OP, I found your story very intriguing and interesting.

If I were to visit the area sometime in the future, maybe even years from now, I would love to meet you and greatly appreciate it if you could show me how spirits, and even people, are able to determine what their life purpose is.

Or if you could do this here in this thread, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you so much for sharing; I find it to be very interesting.

Thank you for sharing your story as well; it can be difficult to share your experiences at times.

Thanks again friend.
>>
File: YamateKudasaiDawg.jpg (27KB, 497x511px) Image search: [Google]
YamateKudasaiDawg.jpg
27KB, 497x511px
Enojyed it, OP - hope at least a part of it being the truth.
>>
Good read. No fungi though :(
>>
File: image.jpg (332KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332KB, 640x1136px
OP,
I'm currently stationed at NAF Atsugi, would you be interested in meeting up? I've also visited the forest once before and it was creepy as fuck.
>pic related
The entrance to the trail that my buddies and I went on.
>>
>>18576080
homeschooling isn't a thing in japan. parents actually have a legal obligation to send their children to school. besides, it doesn't excuse handwriting like that. the character 言 is repeated three times, and it's written completely differently each time. someone who spends all day in their room writing would be able to write a basic character like that consistently even without formal education (even if it was consistent in a wrong way).

the fact that the writing is so inconsistent points to unfamiliarity, not homeschooling.
>>
>>18576888
There's many many teeny tiny villages in Japan like OP's (OP said his was literally just 4 houses). It would be impossible to force people like this to go to school.
>>
>>18576898
uh, no. that's wrong. there are elementary schools in japan with as few as 6 students.

and like I said, even if we assume they've just picked 不登校 or 登校拒否, she would still be able to write her own language consistently, what with all that practice she's apparently getting.
>>
>>18572779
Nice thread, OP. Don't know if it was roleplaying but I don't care. You should turn it into a book, the story is really sensitive and amazing. Also, I felt it strongly familiar with the traditions of my own country, and I am a Latinofag.
>>
>>18576935
Well I mean, from what we know from OP she was writing them with no sleep, and under a lot of stress, inconsistencies will be shown in the writing.
>>
>>18575493
I really want to visit Hoia Baciu. Way weirder than Japanese suicide forest.
>people have gone in for a few minutes and come out again several years in the future
It's p much like a bunch of spooky shit plus a bunch alien shit plus just plain weird shit all rolled into one.

Japan does have Hell's gate though.
>>
>>18577037
if you were looking at a sample of handwriting in english, you'd be able to tell the difference between the clumsy handwriting of a child and someone who knows how to write but was just stressed and tired/tense, right? they don't look the same.
>>
>>18577062
How are they different at all? When you're under stress everyday tasks are more sloppy and inconsistent. Of course everyone handles stress differently, these are not letters in English so I personally can't tell and I don't know what is the right or wrong in terms of kanji or Japanese lettering.

Unless we have someone else who knows better have fun with your 'rp theory' I guess.
>>
>>18577102
I taught japanese kids in a bilingual school for years. I'm pretty sure I know what japanese handwriting looks like, in both children and adults.
>>
>>18577119
Okay then. Fun is over Op left this was a good thread while it lasted.
You don't have to believe in OP but its still entertaining and people like you always ruin it, so thanks I guess hope you're happy with yourself.
>>
>>18577127
pardon me for wanting to read ghost stories without glaring plot holes
>>
>>18575095
Dear OP thanks for this thread. It is greatly appreciated.
In a prior post you said that spirits can not kill you. I was curious about onryo. I have heard that they can harm humans and they are human spirits themselves. Is this not true or a mistake? There has been direct distincations made between yurei, yokai, onyro, obakemono and other beings in many things I have read but it seems like you are saying this is not true. Am I misunderstanding.
Please continue with your story.
>>
>>18575095
Thank you friend for this amazing thread and for sharing your personal history and knowledge. You will not be forgotten and may the souls of your loved ones find true happiness.
>>
Godspeed Op, godspeed
>>
I m genuinly scared for OP s life .hope he s ok.
>>
I hope your sister is ok, wherever she is, Anon.

Also, [spoiler] this thread made me feel Mushishi's vibes. [/spoiler]
>>
With all the jap forums there are all over internet he chooses an english one... yeah really ok.
And spirits/demons wont attack you unless you allow them to.

Really fake story but 4/10 for the effort.
>>
>>18577509
There are a lot of sites and yet we,non americans(or any native english speakers) still spend our time here becaude the community is bigger, and also, most japonese people know about those spirits, what they are and they do, why would they want to hear about them again, but fur us its something new

10/10 for edgyness
>>
>>18573771
kek you're right.
>>
>>18577592
Thats why they would be more able to help op (if the story was true).
>>
bumping and hoping O.P. comes back
>>
>>18577592
no, this isn't a bigger community than his japanese option. 4chan has an alexa rank of 581 while 2ch has 326. try again.
>>
>>18575095
i suspect that a part of the issue is the lack of correspondence between our languages.
English is missing many of the words that you use in Japanese, and Japanese is missing many of the words that you use in English.
your statements that yokai are not spirits, and that "ghost" is a derogatory term are what have lead me to think this is causing problems.

the English word "spirit" refers to the fundamental, incorporeal essence of any thing.
the English word "ghost" refers to any spirit which used to reside within the body of a human who has died and who continues to interact with this world.
the English word "human" refers to both a spirit inhabiting a human body and the body itself.

both yokai and [what you have referred to as spirits] are what we refer to as spirits.

though i do not fully understand the meanings of your words, i know that at least some of each of those groups are what we would refer to as ghosts.
i know this because you called your grandfather a [what you have referred to as a spirit], and because you said that Yuki-onna is a yokai that was a human before dying.

there is no word in English that refers to yokai and not to [what you have referred to as spirits].
nor is there a word that refers to [what you have referred to as spirits] but not to yokai.

the closest approximations are groups of words:
yokai translates to "evil disembodied spirit".
[what you have referred to as spirits] translates to "disembodied spirit who is not evil"
because these translations are cumbersome and imprecise, it would bee better if we used the Japanese words for the different groups rather than try to use English exclusively.

please consider this and understand that many of the things that we have said were not intended as insulting.
i do not deny that some people here are rude, however, there are many of us who simply wish to share understanding.
>>
>>18573930
More like your sister got tricked by a ghost and damned your family.
>>
>>18575095
>my ancestors who settled here sworn that all their family will remain until every last one is wiped out
Your sister did a fine job
>>
>>18575095
Thank you for sharing. I very much appreciate it.

What happens to spirits without a purpose?
>>
>>18572916
Hideki Tojo? He's a tricky one he is. Human experiments and all. Real tough stuff. The yanks really hated him. My great grandfather (a pharmacist and bootlegger) who lived across the pond at the time, always cursed him, Mussolini, and Hitler by the name of his god, God.
>>
>>18577656
OP isn't really asking help, he's more just sharing his story. Plus if he shares the story in a Japanese site some one might pick it up as a news story and suddenly OP would have reporters snooping around his town. Which is something he probably wouldn't want.
>>
>>18573643
Can you convince a malicious spirit to become friendly? Are malicious spirits' purpose simply to be malicious? Have you ever attempted to investigate whether there are electromagnetic fields associated with the presence of a spirit? Can you alter the purpose of a spirit? Do spirits ever form communities or attempt to govern each other? Can spirits interact with physical, inorganic matter?
>>
>>18573664
If I knew how to respect a spirit, but did not know Japanese, would the spirit be able to understand my respect through my intentions and body language despite the fact that I would be speaking English?
>>
>>18573696
What does the concept of Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Trinity mean in your perspective? Are Jesus and God considered to be benevolent or friendly spirits who have the purpose to aid in other spirits' passing? Does this mean they will never pass? Is this what we in the west call Shintoism?
>>
>>18573809
>>18573809
Mixed signals are a very very common problem here in America. Trust me. We get just as confused as you.
>>
>>18573930
I don't wish to offend you, please don't take this as an insult but rather as me trying to achieve an understanding of you and your culture. I know my country did bad things to your people and vice versa during WW2. We kept Japanese Americans in camps and you guys kept Americans as prisoners of war. Do you think that I, even after learning how to properly respect and help spirits, would be less likely to be accepted by certain older spirits due to my being an American as opposed to a British person or a German?
>>
OP please be OK. Sending you my love from America. God bless. Whatever that may mean to you. (Not trying to insult genuinely saying God bless you in your endeavors, even though you may not believe in a god per se, I'm sending you my best wishes in the most sincere way I can as I am a Christian). I love you. Going to bed. I look forward to learning about you and your culture.
>>
>>18572779
Stay strong OP, best wishes from Ireland. I'm so sorry for your loss, thanks for sharing with us.
>>
OP is a self obsessed cunt trying to write an RPG. This shit is fuckin stupid.
>>
Bumpety boo
>>
Dear OP, if you are still here...Thank you so much for this thread. It is a shame that so many of us in western culture do not believe in/understand spirits. I wish to learn more about the spirit world and feel like this thread has taught me a lot. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and those who are able to maintain old ways and keep shamanistic practices alive. Far too often especially in western culture the dead are disrespected and thrown out and forgotten. I greatly admire your connection with the other side and your deceased relatives. I wish you and your family peace.
>>
>>18573749
how would a spirit use the internet? isn't it incorporeal?
also, how can you protect yourself from yokai? i'd love to meet spirits though i'm rather afraid of malicious ones.
>>
This thread needs to live on!! Bump for all good to happen to OP. Thank you so much OP for sharing your story with us, and all the respectful anons on here trying their best to understand and accept your culture <3
You have earned my respect too OP, I shall go forth with my life always following the wise words of you and your sister AND your family. Im grateful to be one of the people on earth who is allowed to read this.
For you and your Family I wish the best of lives ahead of you, I would like to sometime in my life travel to Aokigahara and experience the forest, with all the respect I have! If the spirits do not seem to want me there or feel like I can help then I shall respect their wanted privacy and leave the forest.
I cannot say that I am prepared for the journey nor prepared to interact with a spirit but I shall stay to my promise, I WILL show respect and follow all traditions, for these spirits deserve it more than I.
I swear on my life that once I do hopefully once in my life visit this forest do all that I can without disturbing any spirits, try and help them ascend and move on from the spirit world.

I do not want my message to sound intruding by making all these promises, But I do really mean all I say, even if it sounds very repetitive.
Please OP be okay and live a happy life, we all who respect you and your story love you for sharing it with us, Thank you. ありがとう [Do not mean for this to look racist!]

Best wishes to all of you,
Fellow Anon from Sweden
>>
>>18579518
>[Do not mean for this to look racist!]
>Sweden
they really did a proper number on you, huh?
>>
bumpbump
>>
>>18576135
To be fair, OP apparently lives in a somewhat secluded area, and he basically said that he and his sister were home schooled, so they may have just been taught wrong.
>>
>>18575095
is there a reincarnation aspect to death? Do some souls get put back into nother vessel, to complete multiple objectives in order to reach nirvana (ultimate life/spirit goal)?
>>
File: 1477094595341.jpg (77KB, 616x684px) Image search: [Google]
1477094595341.jpg
77KB, 616x684px
Well, hope you all enjoyed the thread. Obviously it's not real. The part about the mother's coma gives it away. I stopped reading shortly after that but I acknowledge that this anon has produced some otherwise quality OC given the responses to the thread. Oh well.
>>
>>18580025
>lives in the mountains
>home-schooled
So how and why did he learn English?
>>
Hello OP I believe you and I am going through some sort of similar experience in the united states. Though not as profoundly as you, I hope we may become friends. Your sister's soul seems to have been destined for this experience, she will live on in my heart as a hero of the super natural world, a kind of super hero. As are you. To be selected for target for spirits is a burden in one sense, yet also a blessing and gift as you are so lucky to have such a spiritual life while most people would only read about such a life and do so in disbelief. The fact that your sister was defended by this spirit, I hope as well this was not a trick. I know their ways as well.

>there is an option which I hate to think of, he could also be a type of yokai that masks itself as a human spirit and lures innocent humans with love in order to make them commit suicide.

For example. I was being picked on by a spirit. It spoke to me in my head sometimes from outside a window I would sit by. It spoke to me in my best friebds voice, my friend who stayed with me often in my forest and sadly killed himself. The spirit spoke in his voice saying hello and can you hear me? I spoke aloud yes and it made it gleeful. I knew nothing of spirits but my intuition told me this was a trick this was not my actual friend and the spirit knew that before whistling at me menacingly and then leaving, I believe frolicking even, back into the woods. It even did a mock death trying to convince me I drove it away but I didn't fall for it.

You may be able to help me.
My mail in [email protected]

Don't feel obligated but we don't have to be alone. I have many questions to ask. Please, I wish you much peace and happiness.
>>
Don't die OP
>>
Don't worry friends, I am here and reading everything. Some here do not deserve a response, but those who do will have it. Thank you to everyone who understands and supports.
>>18580213
I learned on the internet, and so that I could educate myself, because there is the most information in English.
>>18580174
As I said, some spirits have very basic life purposes. Everyone has a higher purpose. Some don't have it in their current life, and they reincarnate again to play another role. Those who complete their highest purpose are rewarded in eternal bliss
>>18579057
There are yokai who can possess living humans, and through them access the internet. That is very rare.
You can not protect yourself, as you do not choose what and who to encounter.
>>18578813
When you exist past death, you care far less for petty human conflict
>>18578766
Respect is a language spoken by all
>>18578754
In their eyes, they are just doing what they are destined to, to them they are not malicious.
I have not tested any electromagnetics related to spirits, as I don't think that would make any sense.
You almost never can change the life purpose of a spirit, unless it is something selfish and you make them realize this.
Spirits just move through physical objects.
>>18578444
They reincarnate until their new life finds them a purpose
>>18576804
It would be a pleasure. We can meet up at the crossroad of roads 412 and 139, these are the roads connecting Atsugi and my area, although I am offroad by about a 2.5 kilometers towards the forest
>>18575462
You may, as long as you change all names
>>18575371
They are weary of outsiders, most of them
>>18575321
Close to lake Motosu, this is as close of a location as I will ever give
>>18575254
I'm not stupid, doubting my credibility and testing me isn't making me want to share much
>>18575171
Return the stone. To take a part of the forest is like to take an organ from a human.
>>
OP IS BACKK OP, IS BACCKKKKK

We believe you op, do not listen to the neysayers.

Do you know any details about why your families must live near the forest until the last one of you passes?And also, what do you do to have fun in such a secluded area?
>>
>>18572779
I saw this story on 8ch few months ago
/thread. OP trying to be original albeit failing
kek
>>
File: 1441729781610.jpg (411KB, 2112x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1441729781610.jpg
411KB, 2112x1300px
>>18580446
when are you going to take a picture of the forest like i asked you, OP? please do it :)

have you read junji ito?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.