[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: magick.jpg (767KB, 1038x576px) Image search: [Google]
magick.jpg
767KB, 1038x576px
What is /x/'s favorite book's on magick? Not exactly a beginner, no introductory books. Really looking for reading that will further solidify my craft. It shouldn't be limited to anything.

Most recent purchase was Practical Planetary Magick
>>
Have you read any of Franz bardons books?
>>
>>18569670
No, i read that Amazon review and decided against it.
>>
Hi, im here from the other thread, if you are making readings, could you help me please?

Is that person waiting for me to make a first move or stay away?

Thanks
>>
>>18569674
I find his books personally very good for my spiritual growth and to become in tune with one's self to slowly work yourself into the occult. Read frabato the magician it's an eye opener, doesn't hurt to give it a chance.. if you're doing readings could you see if there would be any deaths in my family soon? Someone mentioned that to me so it got me shooked up
>>
For basics? Liber Null and Psychonaut.

As a reference? Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy.

For weird shit? The Great and Small Alberts.
>>
>>18569609

Visual Magick by Jan Fries. It offers some important lessons that can be applied to basically all practices in a straightforward manner.
>>
>>18569609
OP here, just made this purchase. How stupid am I?
>>
File: illumination.jpg (106KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
illumination.jpg
106KB, 1024x576px
>>
You're all bullshit occultists anyways. Even /fringe/ has better book recommendations.
>>
>>18572850
astral fight me fag
>>
File: har-par-krat-harpocrates.jpg (26KB, 448x596px) Image search: [Google]
har-par-krat-harpocrates.jpg
26KB, 448x596px
>>18569787
That book is the best primer to ceremonial magic that exists. If you follow it you will have some great experiences. It's a great quick and dirty of Golden Dawn magic.

Once you get to lesson 4/5ish take a look at Ritual Magic Manual and Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition.
>>
What about those who aren't inclined to ritual magic? Anything for the less restricted(bad terminology there) uses?
>>
>>18569609
I was thinking about creating my own (fully functional and internally consistent) language within which to perform magick, rituals, spells, and the like. I'd also certainly be willing to share the language once I've got it created up to a reasonable degree. Would this be useful at all?
>>
>>18575032

Chaos magic, and raw energy work come to mind.
>>
>>18576534
raw energy work?
>>
>>18578946
Manifestation through sheer force of will.
>>
>>18579029
is there a book on this?
>>
asking "what book should I get to further my magic" is like asking "how do I get better at my musical instrument"

you gotta give us a little more background on what you've done so far, what practices you like, what you don't like, etc.
>>
>>18579063
What if the occult seems interesting to you but you aren't sure if you believe in any of it but want to believe in it.

Not OP but still curious
>>
>>18579071
read everything you can about it. anything you can get your hands on.

then if it's still interesting to you, try it out. go ghost hunting. try some magic. learn how to astral project or do remote viewing or something. a lot of areas have local groups that investigate hauntings and shit. maybe hit up one of them.

once you've done that, then you gotta decide for yourself if you believe in it. and it's ok if you decide you don't, or if you're still not sure, or if you just believe a little bit. you don't have to believe in it the same way you believe in the sun coming up every day. it's the mystery of it that makes it so enticing, not the certainty.
>>
D0 y0u kn0w 4b0ut th1s b00k??
>>18577499

Wh4t 15 h4pp3n1ng?
>>
>>18571488
Psychonaut manual part 4 when?
>>
>>18576504
Yeah I do this as well. I've been conlanging for awhile and use one language in particular for magickal purposes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.