[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dumb entertainment dystopia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: AAHH!.jpg (205KB, 576x415px) Image search: [Google]
AAHH!.jpg
205KB, 576x415px
When most people think of dystopia they think of grim and dark "Mad Max" kind of world.
However when I think of dystopia I see a "Wall-E" kind of world.
This is is the true plan of who ever controls society.
A world where spirituality doesn't exist anymore, where people stop becoming intimate and love becomes nothing more then sending an emoticon to each other. Where people stop thinking for themselves and are permanently high on shallow hapiness.
The worst part is that it's already happening.

It's not Orwell who predicted the future, but Aldous Huxley. (Or maybe a bit of both.)

http://mergy.org/2012/02/apples-future-plans-look-to-wall-e/
>>
You are so profound and wise, op.
Have a cookie.
>>
File: television3.jpg (1MB, 3732x2219px) Image search: [Google]
television3.jpg
1MB, 3732x2219px
Comfort is the killer of humanity.
The more robots we build, the more robotic like we become. Passive slaves without emotions who can never grow as human beings because they never overcome any danger, never improve themselves mentally.

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/what-comfort
>>
>>18567267
>Comfort is the killer of humanity.

Yeah, they keep denying that comfort has completely deviated human evolution. We became the apex species because of struggle to survive. Now we don't need to survive, so evolution will happen according to comfort.

We are fucked ladies and gentlemen. Only shit, uneducated genes make the next generation. Not conspiracy. FACT.
>>
We're already there, anon. Welcome to heaven.
>>
>>18567804
>so evolution will happen according to comfort.
except there will always be a struggle to achieve that 'comfort'. people will always compare themselves to others and think they are not living 'as comfortable' as someone who is rich, which will in turn drive them to struggle and achieve great things.

this entertainment dystopia will never happen.
>>
>>18567245
A drugged up population does not care what government does.
>>
It's already started, OP.

Think about how many little things you let a UI do for you.

When's the last time you tried to correct your own spelling errors? Do you just F7 when you see the red squiggly lines, or do you let the machine correct your errors, hindering you from learning the correct way to use your own language?

When's the last time you used math beyond basic arithmetic?
>>
Aldous Huxley go to bed you're dead.
>>
>>18567245
that article you linked to is possibly the most half-baked idea i've ever seen
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.