[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else just see a star go very bright before almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bright-star-soul.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bright-star-soul.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
Did anyone else just see a star go very bright before almost shutting off in the northern hemisphere? I was confused when i thought it was a planet, but when i check Venus was at its usual position. The sky is clear and some stars from that position are still observable. What the fuck was that?
>>
>>18566854
probably a star dying
I saw something like that too like two months ago
>>
>>18566870
But it was bright like a supernova and then went completely dim. I don't know if that's a typical behavior.
>>
>>18566870
Pretty nice. I've only seen a star die once in my life. By the time I got to the observatory all that was left was star debris/ dust.
>>
>>18566888
I've seen what op is talking about but years ago

I thought it was a mirror on a satellite.
>>
i've seen quite a few stars die, but never a supernova. consider yourself lucky if this was the case.
>>
>>18566942
Probably wasn't supernova because the light should last for days
>>
Iridium flare
>>
>>18566888
>By the time I got to the observatory all that was left was star debris/ dust.
That's not even how supernovas work, they are not fast in human terms.
>>
File: RFrsN2bfciA[1].jpg (71KB, 648x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RFrsN2bfciA[1].jpg
71KB, 648x1080px
I don't know what are you talking about, but i saw superbight star for about week in Czech sky. (it is on the pic - normal star is left on the pic for example). This is it?
>>
>>18567443
That's a fucking satellite.
>>
>>18567443
it was'nt an iridium or heli, every night it was on the same place. In one moment i thought its statite(what is imposibe with our technologies)
>>
>>18567456
no, 5 days (every night) it was on the same place and it was blinking
>>
>>18567456
blinking like a star
>>
>>18566854
I've seen it. It follows no order, or pattern.

Just a really bright star that sometimes shows up, sometimes now.

But don't look at it. Science says it's not possible, so you'd just be wasting your time investigating further.
>>
Im in the NJ area and saw it walking to class about 30 min ago. It was very bright in a part of the open sky with clouds below it. It looked very much like the pic in op. It was a very cool sight, i wasnt quite sure what i was looking at.
>>
>>18566854
That was just me.

Everything will be perfect.

I AM.

e v e r y w h e r e

Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.