[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dream/ - Dreaming General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dreaming dog.jpg (1MB, 1600x914px) Image search: [Google]
dreaming dog.jpg
1MB, 1600x914px
Can we set up a Dreaming General? There are like 7 threads about very specific kinds of dreams right now.

So post your dreams, interpret them, interpret others, and any other general dream shit.
>>
File: f-photos-30.jpg (17KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
f-photos-30.jpg
17KB, 500x376px
A have an awful lot of dreams about malls. Usually it's not a specific mall but just a generic large mall that is very spacious, but there usually aren't that many people in it. Sometimes I'm shopping in different stores but I can't find anything I want.
>>
I had a nightmare last night, I didn't realise it until the last second and the shock woke me up.

It started with me taking my friend to a gig (I had actually irl gone to see a film with this guy just last night), I don't remember the band but I'm pretty sure they weren't real. We ended up at some hippie party and I sat next to this girl I slept with in university (she was really boring and I didn't like her but she seemed to care for me quite a bit (probably worth mentioning that I recently left university)). Flash forward to the morning and somehow I knew we had been to the gig and come home, I woke up in bed next to that uni girl, and another girl who was her friend who also liked me (but she had downs). I get up and find a sort of cake shaped, circular metal device, I pick it up and it starts flashing red, it's a bomb. I go downstairs and my family are walking around, we keep finding these bombs and weirdly we're all sort of laughing about it. My mum goes "we've been invaded" sort of casually, somehow there's a war on (not sure with who), no one's taking it seriously but the town I live in is being terrorised like that game Homefront. So my mum says "well, looks like we best get out of town", my sister is already in the car, we go out and get into the car - looking out the window I can see a few soldiers up and down the street, holding rifles and throwing bombs into windows. We pull out and I see through the gap in between houses that one of my neighbours has been crucified in his back garden. suddenly my mum starts hyperventilating and crying and I hear the car door open forcibly from the outside.

Then it was like a cut to black, the shock woke me up in the dark.

I never get nightmares, this was my first in years, I'm convinced it must mean something.
>>
>>18566702
also when I was a kid I used to have a reoccurring nightmare where I was in a park and Cruella De Vil would drop a bomb on me from a hot-air balloon.

I think bombs might have some sort of strong symbolism in my brain
>>
A couple nights ago I had this dream where I was climbing a very tall mountain and a benevolent tall old man wearing a grey cloak was guiding me. We reached the top and looked up to sky and saw massive planets extremely close to us completely obscuring our view. After awhile of looking up i felt as though i would fall and then the dream ended.
>>
When I was waking up couple days ago I heard "you're locked in this body. You're not from here". It sounds edgy, but it was pretty cool if you ask me.
>>
>>18567609
I love the idea that you heard that and instead of being freaked out you were like "fuckin sick dude"
>>
>>18567631
I had bad SP from childhood and other weird experiences. For example I wake up at night I heard something like crying, very muffled, but close me. I get up and was walking for a while in my house, but it felt like it was coming after me. When I go to sleep and wake up it was gone, but before I fell asleep I had feeling like something poking my arm. I guess I'm used to it
>>
>>18566674
I had an odd dream in which I was standing outside my house and gazing upon the stars. From the moment I’m writing this I can see Orion’s belt, Venus, and Mars. I was looking at the stars which were more numerous than usual (I don’t see many stars because of NYC’s light pollution) and then saw three bright white/yellowish colored stars moving downward toward the earth. At first, I believed them to be meteorites and saying out to myself, “Wow, meteorites!”(Imagine a star like Reto that was moving, it didn’t look like the meteorite but it was moving extremely fast). The stars fell upon the earth and two of the stars fell in the distance leftward beyond another house. One of the stars fell near me at the corner of my street. I ran toward this fallen star which was still glowing at the time I was standing in front of it when all of a sudden the light faded and all that was left was a small gem-like rock (Not pure gem, think of a rock with a few tiny fragments in it). I figured it was too hot to touch so I took off my sweatshirt and used it like a glove to grab it. I was slowly picking it up when the dream ended.

It is a weird dream now that I recount it. No idea what it means.
>>
>>18566694
Me too. In most of those dreams I feel free, like everything is right at my fingertips. Other times I'm rushing to figure out what to get before I wake up. It's kind of strange because in real life I feel like going to the mall is boring and tiring, but in my dreams it could be relaxing or fun.
>>
I had a dream a week or two ago where I was trying to exorcise something that was trying to haunt or possess me. I went through several false awakenings thinking I had gotten rid of it only to find it had followed me into a dream. near the end I was getting kind of lucid and I remember one instance of having a dog help lead me to it. in the last dream segment I was in my own bed (unusual because I don't know that I ever have dreams set in the place I currently live -- I've moved a lot as an adult and they usually take place in childhood homes) and the ghost was wrestling me down while I was screaming for it to be banished. I finally got very loud and felt like I was expanding outward and drove it out. I felt the need to say something poignant and I said something cheesy like "it's finished. I shall own no man and no man will own me."

I don't suffer from sleep paralysis and in this last part of the dream I was lying on my front, which I have never done for sleeping. the being pinned down and the lucidity I lost in waking dreams reminded me a lot of SP symptoms. not totally sure why I found that interesting but it made me do a double take when I did wake up.

that dream was a little scary but I wouldn't call it a full-blown nightmare. I feel grateful that I often have pretty intense/spooky/crazy dreams that seem to come with a subconscious understanding that I'm not in any danger. even if I'm not lucid there feels like a veneer of falseness over the dream that I get to experience it in a way that is more exciting than scary.

I've had a few dreams that dealt with exorcisms over the last year or so but I never seem to think of the word when I'm in it. this time I kept using "banish" as my verb. one past one I remember pretty clearly it was "abjure" which on waking didn't make a lot of sense to me but it sure made me feel cool to say
>>
All of my dreams have been kinda crazy.

The one that stuck to me the most over the years, since I was around 7 or 8, was the one with me being chased around in a mall by fastfood chain mascots. The assholes just rappelled down from the ceiling and started chasing me around. The dream ended with me climbing on top of a large, bright red cabinet and kicking the faces of the mascot faggots.

The other was me in a shack in the desert, late at night. I think I was a spy. There was a lot of guns and other such weaponry around and I picked them all up on impulse. From there I snuck around until I encountered a building, which had an art-deco or pre-60s North East American feel to it, in the middle of the desert. I followed a man inside who looked just like the Gman from Half Life 1. I forgot what happened next but next thing I remember was me being in an elevator and, to my surprise, the Gman popped from the ceiling and go wide mouth on me.

There are some more but that's all for now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.