[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spopy native shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mounds.jpg (193KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mounds.jpg
193KB, 500x375px
Alright /x/, I've got some weird shit going on and it's right up your alley

>Live in Miami Valley area of Ohio, north east of Cincinatti
>Indian mounds and shit maybe 3 miles down the road
>girlfriends parents own land right on top of the ridge to the miami valley
>they've found arrowheads n shit
>Basically everyone in the family has had a "paranormal" experience in the household

I'll give you a few examples: Her dad had some old lady come to the door one day during a blizzard, saying she lived there before.
Her dad tells her how that's impossible as he level the land and built the house by hand himself. She insists that she lived there before, and although he's a bit confused he invited her in since it's some monster blizzard outside. She refuse, and he offers her a ride to anywhere that she needs to go. She also refuses the ride and says "i'll be going now" or some shit. he goes into the living room to sit down and looks out the window, she's no where in sight. Keep in mind that, although he planted a bunch of trees when he bought the property, you can see all the way out to the road regardless of the season and even farther in the winter.

>start staying there to help with the house and day to day life, parents getting older

So now I'm starting to experience some of these paranormal experiences

>stay up late out of habit
>3am rolls around
>the entire house starts to smell like burning tobacco, no one's awake and no one in the house smokes
>smoke smell lingers thick, and I get the feeling of being watched until about 3:15am every night for months
>eventually it stops, maybe 2 weeks ago

I assumed I was developing some mild psychosis from sleep deprivation. No big deal, just olfactory hallucinations.

ineedmoresleep.jpg

Backtrack to about 3 weeks of the dealing with the smoke smell and I tell my gf about it. I asked her if she had ever noticed it before, she says no but the feeling of being watched has been a thing for her since she can remember.
>>
>>18565792
Just jack off next time you think you're being watched. It helps the orgasm
>>
File: IMG_20170126_030921.jpg (745KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170126_030921.jpg
745KB, 2592x1944px
>cont.

At this point I'm thinking that it could be related to indians since it's a great piece of land and the mounds are nearby. I also remember that they have a bunch of ded pets buried here and Pet Cemetery comes to mind.

So now for the past few weeks
>the feeling of being watched increases ten fold
>to the point where I'm looking over my shoulders at night
>sitting at the computer one night typing up some work
>feel something squeeze and grab my shoulder near the neck and jerk me back, but the squeeze and the jerk more had the feeling of being a powerful movement rather than having much physical power
>turn around ready to fight
>ya nah there's fucking nothing in here but me a dog and my passed out gf
>sit up a bit more and play vidya to get out a bit of the anxiety

So now tonight, I had some crazy intense dream about fighting this shadow thing that was bounding from place to place. I was keeping up with it in a way but it was basically playing with me. It transitions into this dream with all these people around I've never met trading food, or maybe bringing it together for a feast or as a gift (the most likely scenario) and I'm carting over a shit ton of produce.
I wake up because I realize my gf isn't in the bed, and I'm wonder where she would be. She's a day person, not really a night person at all. I find her sitting at the computer downstairs looking shaken and says "sorry if i hit you in your sleep, I had this nightmare and then woke up and saw this thing on top of your bad leg (I have an injury from the Army that still causes me a good deal of pain). It was fucking creepy and I swung at it and asked what it was doing without even thinking." She told me it looked like a cat that had been caught off-guard. After a bit I asked her to draw a picture of it, and she drew me the picture attached.

What the fuck is this shit all about? Any thoughts?
>>
>>18565805
something about sexual energy grosses spirits out. I work in a "haunted" theatre that was previously a hotel that burned down 100 years ago. The basement, where we keep drinks, is creepy as fuck and doors come open all the time. But I usually think about some lewd sexual act, and when I am alone I openly talk about the degenerate shit I have done or would do to sexual partners. Instantly dispels any spoops.
>>
>>18565817
have you considered that now would be a good time to learn about the local native culture?
>>
>>18565831
ya I've been doing that since I can't fall back asleep. It's sounding like a Miami Indian manitou:

>The Miami people believed that manitous roamed the natural world and could take on the forms of other elements, such as humans, animals or plants[...] It was believed that individuals could contact manitous in a dream by way of seclusion of fasting, and men and women were instructed to try to do so from a young age. Once a manitou was contacted, it was believed that the spirit became the individual guardian of the person who had contacted it. To preserve the relationship with their manitou, people gave public and private sacrifices of tobacco and food. It was believed that shamans were granted supernatural powers by the manitous, either to kill or to heal, even to the point of resurrecting the dead

If anyone knows more about the tribes around the Miami Valley I'd love to hear about it. I'm not getting much in the way of information really and I don't think there are any natives left in the area to go ask
>>
Could be an entity like you say, or it could be a simple haunting from long past villagers.

I'd find out as much as you can about the people that used to settle there. (Think historians, local tribes, and museums) and then try to find a way to help the spirits move on.

You may be able to find a local witch doctor to do a purification ritual of the land.

The tobacco thing makes me think of a sweat. (Spiritual experience when natives get in a hut and sweat while smoking tobacco around a fire.)
>>
>>18565792
>smell tobacco burning late at night because some neighbor/stranger's smoke happened to get through your window or poorly isolated house
>mixed with underlying memory of dad's paranormal experience
>your mind conjures up the "you're being watched!" thing from your basic underlying instinct mixed with mild paranoia

It's literally nothing OP.

If you want this confirmed, bully a parent or girlfriend into staying awake with you until 3 so that they can confirm and you can get some sleep.
>>
>>18565878
>presenting logical reasoning on /x/
You see your problem.
>>
make an offering of tobacco and burn sage. ask if there's anything you can do to help the spirit. be respectful.
>>
>>18565878
You probably don't know the area too well but I don't have neighbors haha. Also, the bit that her dad told me was seperated from these incidents by a large span of time, and before that I never felt as though I was being watched by anything in this house. I called bs on his story being anything paranormal desu

Otherwise, I've had the same thoughts.
>>
>>18565878
>>18565881

here's your (you) btw
>>
>>18565950

I didn't know that you didn't have neighbors no, but (at least where I live) people go for walks late at night all the time, and some of those people do smoke. It's actually part of the REASON these people walk around outside at all hours of the day.

Secondly, large spans of time are usually not enough to discourage subconscious thought. People who see a picture of a scary clown when they're 8 still have an underlying fear of clowns when they're 65.

The conclusion of "someone smoking nearby + (questionable) paranormal story that you still clearly remember + late at night all alone + history of your location + lack of sleep = paranoid experience" is probably not what you want to hear, but I'd argue that it's probably a lot closer to the truth than ghosts.
>>
>>18565962
What you say could easily be the truth for sure, I'm the last one to cry "GHOSTS" when shit like this happens. But I'm also not so closed minded as to disregard the potential of it being something other than a normal circumstance.

I can promise if you knew where I lived you wouldn't assume there were people out here walking around, and I live on 15 acres of land. My prior army experience taught me that cigarette smoke, even down wind, travels around 300m then dissipates. I assume that's not common knowledge but it's truth. Seeing as the wind blows towards the street and comes from about 2 miles of woods that I know well, I can pretty positively rule out the smoke smell being some passerby.

But again, it could be any number of things. It wasn't until tonight that I started to think that it could possibly be paranormal, although the hand on my shoulder jerking me to the side was pretty interesting and didn't feel like a muscle spasm. If all of these incidents were isolated then it might be easier for me to explain away as you're attempting to do.
>>
Ich würde sagen unter diesem Hügel ist ein Ufo, hat bestimmt zusammenhänge mit den Illuminaten. Ich würde mal nachsehen was unter diesem Hügel ist
>>
>>18565962
and before you make the assumption that I'm some neckbeard that lurks /x/ too much, I haven't been to 4chan in about 2 years (the ride finally ended)
>>
>>18565978
>Ich würde sagen unter diesem Hügel ist ein Ufo, hat bestimmt zusammenhänge mit den Illuminaten. Ich würde mal nachsehen was unter diesem Hügel ist

nah I'm good, I really don't feel like getting slapped with federal charges and trying to explain to the police that a ufo made a cat shaman demon thing appear on my leg at night.
>>
>>18565792
dig up mound
discover giant skeleton
make millions or die by cia
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.