[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

scandinavian folklore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: noekken_by_ouran90-d4vvz8i.png (780KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
noekken_by_ouran90-d4vvz8i.png
780KB, 900x562px
Hi /x/, the story im about to tell is from my fathers perspective, he is the one who experienced all this trough his younger years,
although i have my fair share of tales myself.

So to give you some backround, my father, still healthy and alive, lived on the countryside in Norway as a kid, he had 4 brothers and 1 sister, and his parents (my grandparents) were dirt poor.
My father didnt have a great childhood as my grandpa was a abusive alchoholic, but never put a finger on my father nor any of his siblings, my grandma though, thats another story.

Anyways, my father would tell me stories about his childhood, most of the stories were just your typical "brag" stories about all the crazy shit he and his friends did, but one of them particulary caught my attention as i grew older. The story of "nokken".
>>
>>18564627
My father told me he and some friends used to take "ole's" car, and bade in the different fresh water ponds scattered trough the woods where they lived. The reason for this being the ponds where never very big, therefore warmer in the summer. Anyways, one day during a typcal hot summer day, my dad and some friends decide to pick up drinks, food and go into the woods, to find a new pond to test out, do some barbequing, bade and in general have a good time.

They were around 14 to 15 years old at the time (People nor police care much for the laws of drinking under age or driving under age in the deep countryside of norway btw, atleast not that long ago) my father, Frank, Ole and Tor got the moonshine, some sausages and cigarettes, put everything in the back of Oles truck, then hit the road.

My father, told me they chose a different part of the woods that day, following a narrow, old road further and further away from the "town". My dad noticed that the further they drove, the darker and denser the nature around them got, as if the trees blocked the bright summer sun out.

I'll cont if any interest btw, im sorry if my english is bad and if it takes long, writing it down for the first time
>>
>>18564657
After about 2 hours, they hit dead end, the dirt road they had followed seemed to have no apararent purpose, as there were no houses nor cabins around or near the road. Ole, being the dude who gave less fuck than most of the general population said it was probably some old road used to transport logs back in the day.

So they decided to get their shit, and walk trough the forest, hoping to find a good spot to hang out.
After walking for maby 20 - 30 minutes, Frank starting yelling from the front of the line they had formed "Hey guys, i can see the trees loosen up a bit, maby theres a pond nearby!" and Frank was right, in the middle of the now gloomy forest, there was a opening, where the bright sun was shining bright trough a hole in the dark green roof, and rays of sunlight reflected off of the coal black water, as if it was a mirror.
>>
>>18564690
Cont?
>>
>>18564657
>>18564690
>>18564708
>>18564657

Please do! I'd love to hear more
>>
>>18564690
Tor, being the wild one, probably had ADHD, sprinted towards the water, and jumped in with all his clothes still on, his body for a second fading away in the murky water
"fuck, its like 26 degrees!" (Celsius that is) The rest of the gang quickly followed Tor's example and jumped in. They were laughing, celebrating, screaming and splashing water on eachother, you know, the shit that we do when we're having a good time by ourselves.

My father though, told me that from the second he jumped in, he felt fear. As if there was something in the water, deeper, lurking, waiting. He didnt think much of it, and didnt want to be a partypooper and ruin all his friends experience, so he kept his mouth shut.

The pond, my father said, The pond was dark as the night sky, and some white lilys where scattered like stars on the surface, and he apparently was surpised of how deep it was. It went from being quite shallow close to the "shore", but after only a few feet, there was total blackness, like straight up 90 degrees deep down into the unknow.
>>
Bumpin' 'n' lurkin'
>>
>>18564715
>>18564708
glad to hear you like it! I'll do my best typing as fast as possible

cont>>18564726
As they were bading, drinking, eating and smoking, feeling young and full of life, my dad and Tor decided to jump into the water for the second time, the plan was to swim a little further this time "exploring" what could be explored. They once again took of their clothes, and felt the muddy dark water swallow them. My father againt couldent shake this feeling, FEAR, as if it was spelled out in bright red letters inside his head. And even if he wanted to, he could not stop staring down into the water as he and Tor started their little adventure.

The bottom was no longer visible, only eternal black. "Ey Petter(my fathers name) wanna go get some lilys?" picking lilyflowers while bading in a lake/pond is kind off tradition, at least among my dad and his friends. "sure Tor" my father replied
"Ait, lets head for those over there" Tor said, and pointed his finger at a small cluster of the flowers.
And just at the same time, the exact moment my father was about to sling his hand into the water, and swim for the lilys, he saw it. It struck him as a lightning bolt from a clear sky, and he just froze. Filled with panic, confirming the fear he earlier had felt, he stared down into the dark abyss, only to meet a set of two huge fucking eyes. (from here on it gets pretty fucking intense) My dad described them as "lustful", the same way a hyena stares at a dead carcass before putting its teeth deep into the flesh and meat, and they had a vague glow, green yellowish.

Full panic mode my father swam as fast as he could, water entering his throat and eyes, and at the same time trying to scream for Tor "Tooor!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER!
Tor, frightende by my dads voice, clearly filled with panic, started panicking himself
>>
>>18564627
>2017
>not green text
>>
>>18564753
As my dad climbed ashore, cleary exhausted with Tor not far behind, Ole and Frank clearly not affected by the, what they taught was a joke, started joking around. "whats wrong petter? did you get bitten by a fish" Ole said before bursting into laugther. But the laughing quickly faded away when they got a good look at my fathers face. He was pale as the first winter snow, eyes wide open.

Tor slowly climbed ashore aswell, not really sure what the problem was, he laughed for a second before asking my father was happened. "I saw something, deep down there, im telling you guys, i felt it ever since we got here"
Tor: "What? dude, you probably saw your own reflection in the water, its a fucking pond, its probably not even a fish larger than your toe in these waters"
My dad clearly frustrated and scared: "im not going in that fucking pond anymore, im done bading for the day"
Ole, and Frank, obviously trying to be the brave ones: "alright, it doesent matter, we're still going to have a good time, even though your a pussy"

Dad told me it wouldent do any good trying to convince them not to, they would just do the opposite of what he said anyways.

As Ole and Frank jumps into the water, my dad decide to take a shit, "relieve the body from some pressure" he said. So he walked about 200 meters away from the pond, further into the forest. As he takes off his pants and underwear, he noticed the birds stopped singing. "what". In the summer birds always sing, all fucking day and night, eveywhere, but it just stopped, dead silent. Thats when he once again saw them, those two eyes, staring straight into his soul.
>>
>>18564787
only 50ft from where he was about to take a shit, my father saw it, the whole creature in all its glory, (here is where he have problems describing it, almost as if he is trying to forget the whole thing ever happened), The creature stood up, atleast 7-8 ft tallk, it was covered in moss and leaves, its hands and feet, looked like they were wooden veins, or roots, and to top it all of, the eyes, like old oil lanterns in the color fireflies emits, dark muddy black water were slowly dripping down from this thing, and for what seemed as a eternity, it stared at my dad.

The creature startet "wriggling/shaking", looking like it had some seazure, its limbs moved unatural, almost as if they were breaking, then it turned its head in the direction of Ole and Frank, it slowly raised its dark brown hand up, and pointed with its finger, which looked like a sharp branch, direclty at my fathers two friends. My father panicking ones again, froze, the same way he did when he saw this thing in the dark water, almost like a pause, before he could act. As fast as he could, my father jumped up, and sprinted towards the shore of the pond, at the same time yelling the same phrase as before "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER" , Tor who now was in range of my dad, immidiatly started shouting aswell, as he himself also could see the huge creature standing as shadow inside the forest where my dad ran from.

cont?
>>
>>18564806
Keep going
>>
>>18564806
This better not end with all of them opening a door and getting on the floor.
>>
>>18564806
Ole and Frank doesent care at first, but as my father and Tors shouting gets increasinlgy intense and loud, filled with more fear and panic by each second, they soon come to understand that they were not fucking around. My dad turns his head quickly to see if the creature is still watching them from the forest, but its gone, and as he turns his head back to Ole and Frank, he sees it, its head is slowly emerging from the water, and like the fin of a shark the creature quicly picks up the pace, going faster and faster, towards Ole and Frank. "Oh my god" Tor quitely whispers, as if all hope is lost. As helpless as my father is he cant to much more than shout.

Then, Frank screams, as if death just approached him, the scream was a death scream, and it echoed trough the now even darker forest. My father told me, that at the moment he heard Frank, he was sure he woudl never see his dear friend again, but Frank didnt get dragged into the water he continiued swimming.

Ole and Frank reached the shore, with "it" still chasing them, even closer now, my father and Tor, standing by the shore, ready to drag them the fuck out of there, grabbed each of their hands, and pulled them up. As all four of them finally was on land together, Ole and Frank assumed they were safe, but before they could even enjoy the taught of safety, the creature stood straight up from the water, growling, mumbling, making sick noises they had never heard before. Alld four sprinted as if they had satan chasing them, and to this day it could be that it in fact was a demon, who knows. They jumped in to the car, and drove as fast as they could , until they finally feel the sun once again shine bright on their pale and frightrened bodies.

Franks lower leg had been pierced trough the muscle, and there was splinters of old black wooden pieces under his skin, sticking out of the wound aswell, he still has limping problem today my father told me
>>
>>18564872
Anyway, my father told me he told his dad about "nokken" and whre they found the pond. My grandfather, which grew up in this small town, told my dad he would never have allowed them to go there if he knew that thats were they would end up spending the day. When my dad asked if he knew about the creature, he refused to talk about it (passed away 5 years later, taking the secrets to his grave)

I myself, in my younger years also visited this pond with some friends once,(mainly because i at first didnt believe my dad, and because it was exciting) that story was not quite the same as my fathers, but still, a pretty fucked up story, which i may tell you some other time, but now im going to bed!

Hope you liked the read, whether you believe it or not is up to you
>>
>>18564891
>which i may tell you some other time, but now im going to bed!
...and he, too, took his story to the grave. Good story.
>>
>>18564757
it's difficult to put this much detail in a greentext
>>
>>18564891
Good story mate, I'd be interested if you posted your experience later
>>
>>18566916
>>18565005
For those of you who wanted to hear my own story, please let me know and i'll try to
write it down very soon if there's any interest
>>
>>18567140
I'd like to hear it
>>
Good one. Cheers mate
>>
>>18567140
Where in Norway was this?
>>
>>18567655
In Leksvik, its a small town with a small population in "nord-trondelag"
>>
>>18567735
not far from me then, makes sense with the moonshine now though
>>
>>18567140
Good story, I'm interested
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.