[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else ever had the feeling that all of your dreams,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1479847702214.gif (193KB, 538x953px) Image search: [Google]
1479847702214.gif
193KB, 538x953px
Has anyone else ever had the feeling that all of your dreams, your experiences, and what you've learned have all been set up to prepare you for something horrible?
>>
>>18563350
Or am I simply falling through one of the final phases before I go completely nuts?
>>
I've had that feeling before as well.
>>
>>18563359
How did you deal with it?
I've been pretty fucked up here lately
>>
File: 1482774621165.jpg (91KB, 938x512px) Image search: [Google]
1482774621165.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
>>18563350

I've seen people afflicted with conditions I wouldn't wish on anyone. Suffering is something most sane people hope they never have to face.
>>
>>18563378
Thank you cute animu gril for your words of wisdom.
>>
>>18563375
I guess it just doesn't get to me? I have it, just not so strongly that it interferes with my life. But it has caused me to buy a few more survival manuals and "how to do shit the pre-industrial way" books than I otherwise would have. It's always in the back of my mind.
>>
>>18563405
Almost forgot: the other way I deal with it is to keep in mind that it could be completely wrong. I've had wrong feelings before. A feeling of impending doom at some unspecified point in the future could come from a lot of places. For instance I grew up in the 80s and we were saturated with nuclear holocaust shit. I grew up believing that someday we'd probably have a nuclear war and blow everything to kingdom come.

But whether that ever happens or not, we can't know. It might never happen. So I think the important thing to keep in mind is that feelings and premonitions are just that. They're not fate. Treat them as a reminder to try to be prepared for anything the future might bring (within reason; I don't have an underground bunker).

But yeah I won't lie, I have had that creepy feeling on and off for many years and I never really shook it. I keep getting a vague weird feeling that something big and shitty is going to go down about roughly the time I turn 45, which is in another 5 years.
>>
File: Kissi.jpg (112KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Kissi.jpg
112KB, 425x282px
>>18563420

If there's nothing logically in particular to worry about, then there's no point in worrying is there? It accomplishes nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJ6KDJSma0
>>
>>18563496
That's...pretty much exactly what I was trying to say, yes.
>>
>>18563350
I've always had this feeling, I just ignore it and hope I'm wrong haha
>>
Quite the opposite. I feel the same but instead of being prepared for something horrible, I feel as if I am being prepared for something that goes beyond any words for how grand and beautiful it is aka the glory of God.
>>
>>18563350
Actually I have always had the feeling (literally since I can remember, when it was really just a *feeling*), that all my life I have been set up for some amazing life. Like all the random skills I have accumulated through curious self-teaching would some day align into something great.

And somehow it's all been coming true in the last five years.
>>
>>18563937
Give us a clue, what are you up to bro?
>>
>>18563350
Would you kindly...
>>
Back in 2012, I began having emotions I had never experienced before. Anxiety attacks, and an immense feeling of dread. I can recall the exact place and moment when I knew: Everything was about to change.

Over the next year... I was laid off from the job I'd had 10 years, my biological father shot himself, my adopted dad died of pneumonia, stepdad died from a stroke, girlfriend died from overdose, best friend passed from brain tumor, and I lost both my dogs and the cat to cancer.

Not exactly what OP described, but I absolutely, positively without a doubt, had some sort of premonition about the terrible things coming my way.
>>
>>18563350
Dude, your body and your mind spend most of his time finding a way to survive. You just experiment anxiety
>>
>>18565185
Holy shit, same year for me.
In 2012, I went off the rails psychologically. Most of my memories that year are a blur to me. It's like I was not in control of my body at that time; I was simply observing myself destroy my own life for a little over a year.
After that my dad died, we lost our house, had to move into a squalid apartment, everyone around me succumbed to addiction, including myself; and my quality of life, despite getting sober and working my ass off, has never returned to what it was. It likely never will as my few remaining family members inch closer and closer to death with each passing day.
I knew it all along.
>>
>>18563353
That's a pretty far-fetched idea. I mean, statistically, I'm sure somebody somewhere is having dreams that will be indicative of a future event but to think you were unlucky enough to be the 1 in 7 billion or whatever odd it would have is kind of insane.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.