[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are tulpas real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (3KB, 176x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 176x160px
It sounds like a bunch of shit to me.
>>
>>18560636
No
faggot
go
back
to
/a/
>>
Self-induced schizophrenia
>>
File: aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
>>18560636
I got a few for aspects of myself that I hate.
I have conversations with them to get insight on why people feel the things they feel.
Makes my mind not so much of a black mass of static between my ears.
>>
>>18560643
That can't be done. Schizophrenia is the cognitive results from a physical and chemical disorder within the brain. It's like saying you can self induce a different hair color.

Tulpas are real in that the people who have them actually experience them, but whether science would decide they count as independant entities is anyone's guess. Mine is "probably not"
>>
>>18560636
Yeah. Technically every portrayal of a person that exists in your mind is a tulpa, because it isn't really them, but rather a thoughtform derived from them. Imaginary friend tulpas are more of an abstraction of whatever is going on in the world. Deities and fictional characters fit this. You create tulpas every time you read a book, but you know they aren't real. The next stage in making the schizo variety is to forget that they aren't real. This is when shit happens like having a guardian angel or your inner narrative turning against you and seeming to be an external force. It's not a good idea to do that imo because you're choosing to forgo the truth for companionship that could easily go awry.
>>
It is real, we had members say they shared Tulpas. Everyone has a Tulpa, but only the few have tried to manifest it
>>
>>18560636
>Tulpa, a Buddhist thought-construct?
Yes

>Tulpa, an /x-schizo's thought-"physical mafifestation"
No
>>
>>18560682
Forget they're not real? What? There's websites full of research and people doing this, look at any guideline that's been made, nowhere does it say that.

Go to tulpa.info/faq/

>>18560684
Shared tulpas? Calling bullshit
>>
>>18560692
What's the difference to you? Who's to say they're not one in the same?
>>
>>18560700
It doesn't matter how it's commonly defined, it is something that happens to people and that is how you end up with people who have tulpas and present as schizophrenic. It's happened to me.
>>
File: 1483854223593.jpg (37KB, 260x287px) Image search: [Google]
1483854223593.jpg
37KB, 260x287px
>>18560636

These things are not for the average person.
>>
>>18560706
Yeah, in 2 years I've seen hundreds of people come make tulpas and go, and schizophrenia that wasn't diagnosed before the practice never appeared.

It's funny to see /x/ rp about something where there's a massive amount of anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>18560716
Well that's probably because they didn't consciously try to dissociate from their tulpa or they follow a belief system in general that conforms more to reality.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, I've already acknowledged that imaginary friend tulpas exist. I'm not trying to offend you or cast shade on what you practice.
>>
>>18560716
For example, many deities could be seen as "tulpas gone awry" when people believe in their literal existence or find themselves under their influence. It does happen.
>>
>>18560705
>Who's to say they're not one in the same?
Logic, reasoning, common sense, and a hint of Occum's Razor.

/x took a real thing and vastly exaggerated it, almost satiracly so.

I believe in the paranormal, but you cant throw out critical thinking and skepticism either.

If a myth started on /x, and is only found on /x, its almost certainly not true.
>>
File: 1482001771591.gif (1024KB, 254x227px) Image search: [Google]
1482001771591.gif
1024KB, 254x227px
>>18560678
>[..]they count as independant entities
There does not exist, has never existed, nor will there ever exist an independant entity.

>>18560682
>Technically every portrayal of a person that exists in your mind is a tulpa, because it isn't really them, but rather a thoughtform derived from them
This anon gets it.

>good idea to do that imo because you're choosing to forgo the truth for companionship that could easily go awry.
Not if you create a tulpa that is 100% friendly in all and every situation. If the tulpa turns 'evil' then you know that is not the real tulpa, but your ego playing tricks on you, so you use the power of the mind to remove that evil tulpa.
All good and bad states come from mind, the mind is the source of all.

I have several different tulpas that always help me out, but I know they are not independent of my own mind and dont really exist.
In fact I also dont exist, I am merely a tulpa that can generate itself.
I am never alone. There is fundamentally no difference between me and my tulpas.

There exists more mental projections in my mind then stars in the universe, even more projections then grains of sand on Earth.
The flow of mental projections can not be stopped. Its like space: infinite and open.
When you run after your thoughts they run away, when you try to grab hold of thoughts they dissapear, if you kill your thoughts they wont die, if you hold a thought in one place it does not stay, if you see thoughts they hide, if you let go of thoughts they stay still in one place.

My body is the house, and my consciousness is the mind who occupies this house.
>>
>>18560749
>so you use the power of the mind to remove that evil tulpa
Can you be more specific?
>>
>>18560730
Woah, you just blew my mind.
And that opens the question of what happens to tulpas when their human dies. I mean... assuming they have their own soul could they just keep existing? Could I have been a tulpa in my previous life?!
>>
>>18560749
>>
>>18560760
Summon a mind-made priestess, have her expel the evil tulpa.
>>
>>18560773
What do I do if I can't because I feel guilty, like I don't deserve one?
>>
>>18560636
It is a bunch of shit
>>
>>18560760
Through reasoning and self-analysis of the mind.

If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....
In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither good or bad tulpas.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
imperfection will then appear as the perfection itself….
Veiled by ignorance,
The minds of man and the tulpa
Appear to be different;
Yet in the realm of Mind Essence
They are both of one taste.
Sometimes they will meet each other
In the great voidness of the mind.

Consider space: What depends on what?
Likewise mind does not depend on anything.
Space is beyond color or shape.
Likewise mind is beyond color or shape too.
The nature of mind does not change depending on evil or good.
One should see that all appearance is like mist and fog.
Mists rise from the Earth and vanish into space.
They go nowhere, nor do they stay.
Likewise tulpas arise, when looking directly at mind, the tulpas vanish.
Darkness can not dim the brillance of the sun.
Likewise evil tulpas can not change the essence of mind; they have no power.
Let tulpas arise by themselves, do not fight them and they naturally vanish on their own.
Look carefully at the experience of the world: Nothing lasts, its like a dream.
This dream does not make any sense, so forget about tulpas and drop all ambition.
The more you resist and fight the tulpas, the more they come back to haunt you.
Practice love, kindness, and compassion towards the tulpas even if they are 'evil' or 'good' then they become pacified and become your protectors.
Let tulpas come and go on their own. With nothing to change; the tulpas are already perfect.

Do not forget what I said; it is the guiding light in the dark.
>>
>>18560833
Are you a poet
>>
>>18560833
>>18560799
What is guilt? its merely another projection of the mind. It has no power unless you let it.

The ultimate view depends entirely upon one’s own mind. If one searches for a view anywhere else but within one’s own mind, one will not find it. One needs to learn to see the own mind directly, void by nature.
All these apparent and existing phenomena
Are nowhere apart from mind, your own awarness.
Since it perceives and is cognizant,
It is like experience that is self-known. If this mind was not like that
There would be no link and therefore no experience.
Understand that all phenomena are based on mind
This mind that knows emptiness and is self-aware is itself a tulpa.
A natural knowing that is free of thought.
This self-knowing cannot possibly form thoughts.
Nevertheless, this mind does become disturbed
By the defilement of momentary thoughts.
But the essence of mind is free from even a hair-tip of concrete substance
It does not exist as it seems to be.

Foolish people maintain the duality of perceiver and perceived.
Moreover, thery get caught in the web of concepts
Such as whether the perceived tulpa is real or false.

All things are your own mind.
Seeing objects as external is a mistaken concept;
Like a dream, they are empty of concreteness.
Mind has no self-nature, being merely like a gust of wind.
Empty of identity, like space,
All things, like space, are equal.
Mind is not an identity that can be shown, this lack of identity is the mind itself.
All that appears and exists is mind.
Naturally and without effort let the mind simply be, let it react to itself.
If you know this: what harm or danger can a tulpa ever pose?
However if you do not know this, the tulpas causes great pain.
When understanding this nature of mind, what or who is there to bind you?

>>18560855
yes
>>
>>18560870
Mind nor tulpas are not made out of anything.
Experience is itself just a tulpa.
Thinking is itself just a tulpa.
Enjoyment is also just this.
Fear is also just this.
kindness is also just this.
Love is also just this.
The gods and deitis are also just this.
The mind that realizes itself is also just this.

All things are empty of their own identities.
The mind focused on voidness dissolves into itself.
The common mind imagines a self identity or a tulpa where there is nothing at all
Bad or good tulpas are all false creations, figments of mind.

Likewise the idea that tulpas can harm you
and the idea that tulpas can protect you.
Are mere ideas, unreal notions.
Like an artist frightened
By the devil he paints,
The one who imagines a tulpa is afraid by his own imagination.
Like a man caught in quicksands thrashing and struggling about,
So people drown in the mess of their own tulpas.

As the figments of a dream dissolve upon waking.
Reading these words fades away the confusion about tulpas.
And in doing so tulpas become the great pacified protectors.

>>18560760
How does one remove a tulpa?
By removing the confusion about the empty nature of tulpas.
How does one remove this confusion?
By knowing there is no confusion to be removed.
What is the result of eliminating confusion?
The experience of knowing the empty nature tulpas together with removal of fear and anxiety projected by the mind.

All experience is the manifestation of mind.
As for mind, there is no mind; mind's nature is voidness.
Empty and unceasing, mind arises as experience.
Perceptions, which never existed in themselves, are mistaken for objects.
Awareness itself, because of ignorance, is mistaken for a self.

For the most fortunate ones, who understand what I say.
I have written these words.
So that you may understand the true nature of your own mind.
Contemplate my words and you will illuminate the darkness of ignorance about tulpas.
>>
>>18560990
Since perception of tulpas is mind and voidness is mind,
Since knowing about tulpas is mind and delusion about tulpas is mind,
Since arising is mind and cessation is mind,
May all assumptions about mind be eliminated.

Tulpas have no causes and yet devotion to tulpas creates tulpas.
Tulpas have no conditions and yet genuine faith in tulpas are the conditions.
Tulpas have no methods and yet the mind is the method to tulpas.
Tulpas have no result and yet the mind knowing the tulpa is the result of the union of my own mind and the tulpa.

First focus on the tulpa 6 times a day with devotion, faith and respect.
Rest the mind and concentrate without distractions on the tulpa.
Next recognize the tulpa that appears as your own mind and train in this.
Do this until the mind is exhausted and you pass out.

There are 2 tulpas that can be experienced. Good and evil tulpas.
If the evil tulpa arises, take that tulpa as your deity.
Then the emotions of fear, doubt, and anxiety enter your mind.
See these emotions clearly as projections of your own mind and they naturally dissolve.
Thank the evil tulpa for manifesting negative emotions so that you can overcome them. Naturally the evil tulpa dissolves back into nothingness.

As for the good tulpas, either reject these as mere distractions that block you from overcoming negative emotions.
Or accept them as a motivation to seek the true nature of mind.

Once the negative emotions are removed, the duality between an good and bad tulpas dissapears and the mind rests in innate joy, bliss and pleasure.
There is nothing more to reject or to accept; everything can just be like that without judgement.
>>
>>18561053
Concentrating on the tulpa is not enough; you must see the tulpa clearly.
Seeing the tulpa clearly is not enough; you must realize the nature of the tulpa.
Realizing the nature of the tulpa is not enough; you must turn away from any concepts about what a tulpa is or is'nt.
Turning away from concepts is not enough; you must eliminate the difference between you and the tulpa.
Then you experience bliss and joy.

All tulpas are miraculous emanations of the mind. Mind is no mind: it is devoid of an essential nature as mind. Void and so, without obstruction, it makes tulpas appear. Understand this well.
Tulpas, never experienced as real, are deceptively confused into real objects independent of mind.
Whether tulpas, it's the mind; whether voidness, it's the mind. Whether knowing about tulpas, it's the mind; whether confusion about tulpas, it's my own mind. Whether an arising of tulpas, it's the mind; whether a ceasing of tulpas, it's the mind.
Having looked at tulpas, there are no tulpas– one sees them as mind. Having looked at the mind, there is no mind; it is void by essential nature.

Since all tulpas are but an illusion,
Perfect in being what it is,
Having nothing to do with good or bad,
Acceptance or rejection
You might as well burst out laughing!!!
>>
How to I get STANDO POWA, /x/?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.