[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a musician. At times I hear music in my head as if from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-01-25-01-53-51.png (441KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-25-01-53-51.png
441KB, 720x1280px
I am a musician.
At times I hear music in my head as if from something higher than me and it's really fucking good. better than what I can write on my own. i dont choose when it comes, sometimes it just hits me randomly, whether or not I have my instrument or desk ready.

is it most likely from me or is there really a psychic source of insanely well written music?
most importantly how do I actively channel the music from this source? happens a lot when I have nothing to write it down or record. would be good if I could control it.
>>
Just part of being musical it happens to me plenty... maybe try and write it down on your phone.
>>
Your joking right? How do you think anyone thinks up any mysic at all? This has to be bait.
>>
I know exactly that feeling you're talking about. I've never attempted to encapsulate it though. Gosh I should just start carrying a tape recorder so I can at least hum the melody and possibly flesh it out later...
>>
File: moment_040.jpg (13KB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
moment_040.jpg
13KB, 203x270px
>>18560568
I feel you bruh. God tells me to kill women and rewards me with colored lights in my head.
>>
>>18560882
What? Have you ever had a song stuck in your head? It's like that but the instruments are playing a song you don't know. If you play an instrument you can imagine what a note or chord sounds like, make a chord progression in your head. Loop that chord progression over and over until you've got it locked in your brain, then add other instruments. Sometimes it'll all come to you at once too.
>>
>>18560882
This

Keep practicing
>>
"Music, for me, is neither something that I create, nor a form of self-expression. All kinds of sounds exist everywhere around us, and my performances solely consist of picking up these sounds, like a radio tuner, and playing them so that people can hear them." - Kawabata Makoto
>>
it's probably your unconscious coming up with cool shit while you're asleep or doing other things. it does tend to be higher quality and more finished than what you get if you sit down and try to force yourself to write something. the muses do things on their own schedule, they don't like to be rushed.
>>
>>18560568
I've often wondered this. My friend writes songs that, to me, are instant classics. He writes them instantaneously and it's incredible. He would tell me that if he was going to write a song he'd do it in one sitting within 4 - 15 minutes. I didn't believe him until he wrote one while I was jamming with him in under 6 minutes. It had an intro, understandable lyrics, and an idiosyncratic melody.

I'm a little jealous of him. I don't know where it comes from though. He did tell me that his entire body tingles/vibrates after he finishes a song.
>>
>>18560568
well you're trying to make it fancier than it is, nonethe less it is still amazing though

it's inspiration/ collaboration of various sounds-styles that you've heard and thinking with "mind-memory" instead of "finger-memory"

music based on finger memory will tend to me more ordinary to the creator abut also more easy to write and generally more compatible with theory

music based on mind memory will typically be hard to write on "paper", meaning it might not agree with musical rules/ you might need to break a few rules or compromise to make it work, but it will generally contain more of a "wow" factor or have a more "magical" sense to it

it's simple basic writting stuff that happens to every musician, it could be characterised as psychic, still not unique though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7rxl5KsPjs

The song I sent came to the artist in a dream. It's as close to what he heard as he could conjure up strictly from memory. Divine Inspiration perhaps?

There is also a fairly obscure metal band named Blood Incantation with a similar writing process. The musicians claim to be channeling a higher consciousness and merely following it's instructions. So, you may be on to something.
>>
Same happens from me and I try to reproduce them on my iphone, I have now hundreds (I think around 400-600) recordings of ideas but I'm not a musician and am not able to reproduce them on fl studio or whatever.

I wonder if one day I'll find someone cool enough to take my ideas.

Anyways, good luck with that.
>>
>>18560899
This. Happens to me all the time. Honestly, this is how 90% of the songs I have made so far were created.

It's feels like the mind unconsciously takes over the creative process, and uses whatever is available (sounds you've already heard, instruments, etc.) to make you "hear" it. I think it's a kind of a skill one develops while creating music.
>>
>>18561090
Does he soundcloud? I had a friend like that, amazing songwriter. I always struggle to write but sometimes stuff comes through.

Saw a documentary about a gifted little girl recently, age 11 or so, she wrote a concerto, says she hears stuff like it's already written and she just has to catch it.
>>
File: 1484349128242.jpg (50KB, 450x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484349128242.jpg
50KB, 450x597px
>>18560568
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.