[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror Game Suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: screen14.png (7KB, 608x428px)
screen14.png
7KB, 608x428px
I've been desperately trying to find a game I played a few years back, it was an rpgmaker game iirc, it basically started out under the guise of being a sort of side scrolling shooter where you were some kind of aircraft and the game would get more and more creepy? It would talk to you on death screens and shit. It was also one of those things where it would close itself and new files would show up in the game folder, I remember one of them being a newspaper article about a house fire?

If anybody can help me out that would be sick, otherwise suggest some horror games!
>>
>>18559041
almost sounds like eversion, but that's not about an air craft at all
>>
Slave of God
http://www.increpare.com/2012/12/slave-of-god/

I advise you not play this game if you are epileptic or prone to seizures. This game will be particularly horrifying if you are the type who frequents nightclubs.

Where's the pic from, OP?
>>
>>18560448
I thinkn it may be Yume Nikki, I'm not OP though.
>>
>>18560448
>>18560481
yea, yume nikki
not super spooky, more surreal, with some jarring/unsettling stuff that could be considered spooky
i find it pretty comfy
>>
>>18560501
You're a brave man then.

Did you manage to complete it? The philosophical content of this game was incredibly unsettling. It says a lot about the society we live in? It paints a horrifying image?

Do you go to a lot of nightclubs? My wider friend group is a large mix of people with differing personalities and interests. There are some hardcore weekend party-people who like to take us out on the town a fair bit and we often end up in a club and let me tell you, the kind of revelations you can have in this situation is mind-blowing. Now, I'm not much of a club person, but the people who are, aren't into any drugs besides alcohol and tobacco. So, get this: I'm there in the club and a few of us have been smoking weed intermittently the whole night. I'm talking to one friend and it's like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the horror of society is being revealed to us and it's hitting us hard. She says we need to get out of there and clear our heads so we leave to go smoke another joint. We're then joined by a few more people. One of the party-people starts questioning others' drug use and we explain to him it's a bit hypocritical considering he drinks heavily and smoke cigarettes. His whole argument hinges on legality and enforced social norms. We explain this to him but he just can't see it. This only serves to further freak us out as he's a perfect embodiment of general society's ignorance and inability to change. We decide that enough is enough and say we're heading away. We go to edge of town and head into one of the nearby fields to smoke some more weed. We reflect on Slave of God as we'd all played it recently. It's trying to convey a message - a very unsettling message. The similarities we saw in the club that night were uncanny. inb4 "What is acid?" We've all done LSD before, this isn't some sort of first-timer paranoid freak-out attack. We were really seeing something here.
>>
Layers of fear.
It's described as a psychadelic horror game and it lives up to it's name.
The entire game is very mindfucky, and very scary, and it ties the two together perfectly over the span of the entire game.
Primo shit - would reccomend.
>>
>>18559041
Cry of Fear.
You will learn to hate this guy with a passion.
I think it has great atmosphere too, since it's one of the few games that gave me nightmares about it.
Shame there's no sequel.
>>
>>18560712
i realize this is /x/ not /pol/ but couldn't help thinking of the concept of false consciousness from what you said here:

>I'm talking to one friend and it's like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the horror of society is being revealed to us and it's hitting us hard.

and here:
>His whole argument hinges on legality and enforced social norms.

>This only serves to further freak us out as he's a perfect embodiment of general society's ignorance and inability to change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consciousness

>false consciousness n. (in later use esp. in Marxist theory) a belief or outlook that (supposedly) prevents a person from being able to discern the true nature of his or her (social or economic) situation.
>>
>>18561298
It seems to be a real thing, it's there and evident in so many.
>>
>>18559041
Corpse Party's a classic

Yomawari: Night Alone

Not sure if it would count as a horror game (maybe a psychological horror?), but if you're up for more RPGMaker games EndRoll is alright
>>
>>18561298

>Marxist theory
>let's pretend that Marxist theory didn't kill hundreds of millions of people and call everyone else ignorant

You can identify a pseudointellectual immediately based on their view on Marx.
>>
>>18562233
you can tell a retard by their lack of reading comprehension skills and use of logical fallacy
>>
File: 408548.jpg (39KB, 280x283px) Image search: [Google]
408548.jpg
39KB, 280x283px
>>18560712

You and your friends are pussies.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.