[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 450x320px
Let's have a discussion about purpose of christianity. Specifically, the reason for existence, and why God created everything.

Let's assume that God knows what will occur in the future. Everything in his mind is planned out.

And let's also assume the conclusion of christianity will occur- Christians are living on New Earth, in a city called New Jerusalem, which is what the book of revelations says will happen after the second coming. For some reason the streets are paved with gold. All former (dead and alive) Christians are walking out and about with their new bodies. All non Christians are screaming in agony underground.

So this is basically my question: did God create humans, the Universe and everything in it purely to have a planet with one inhabited city lined with gold? Is this the entire reason for being?
>>
>>18558807
What do you suppose is the reason to have a planet with a gold city inhabited by human creatures?
>>
>>18558718
No
Christianity is more of a tradition than a serious religion.
It worked back in the day but has little meaning today.
>>
>>18558828
It's not to be taking literally, the language of the time limited what they were trying to convey.
>>
God is a form of population control. People stop themselves from doing or even thinking about bad stuff because they think someone is watching them all the time.
>>
>>18558950
If God was giving the author the visions, wouldn't he at least also give him the vocabulary to convey the prophesy?
>>
I'm not a religious person, but from what i understand it looks like god was trying to make a perfect creation, and humans that can resist all the carnal and moral temptations with the course of time will be considered "perfect" and be his best possible creation, if this makes any sense.
>>
>>18558965
If you only don't do bad shit because you want to go to heaven is a shitty idea and not thought through.
I never understood why a person would claim to believe in Jesus then tell others they'll burin in hell if they don't do the same.
That's... I mean... Really ?
>>
>>18558994
I guess so but think about killers that want to repent and stuff. Maybe having God in their life will help them not relapse. It's pretty much the only thing they can turn to for comfort and acceptance.
>>
>>18558993
So then why is he creating "perfect creations"? I just don't see the point of creating an earth with golden cities and immortal people.
>>
>>18558986
How would you describe heaven in a way so a normal person could understand it if not using lingo they are familiar with?
>>
>>18559027
Well, if your God, you can do anything, right? So why not snap your God fingers, and instantly give you the frame of reference and the words to express it?
>>
>>18558994
It may be bad for an individual but is extremely beneficial to a society
>>
>>18559021
Well, he has to do something until the heat death of the universe.
But jokes aside maybe he is just trying to create a rock that even he can not carry, his existence is trying to create something more perfect than himself.
>>
>>18559033
Well he didn't create us as perfect creatures so we could never understand the perfection of heaven and if he snapped his fingers and made us truly understand perfection it would mean we ourselves would become perfect. So he chose the words exactly as he saw fit at the time.
>>
Go to church
Pay alms
Marry a nice Christian girl
Have a baby
Baptize it Christian
Be good in your community
>>
Whats the scouter say about OP's power level?

It's 0009.

Hm... move along folks. Nothing Pagan, Gnostic, Hermetic, or otherwise ancient to mention here.
>>
No. There's not only a whole universe of planets that have life on them; not to mention planets where they didn't fail their "Garden of Eden". New Earth is the consiquince of OUR planet's end times.

Also, as far as salvation is concerned, you can repent at anytime before God calls thr lineup for entrance into New Jerusalem, so the only people left to burn in the Lake of Fire would be people who are absolutely evil; even those who were not perfectly good will be spared the Lake.
>>
>>18558718
Have you guys ever checked out the Christian internet forums? They are fucking level 10 schizophrenic autists there. Like people of all ages, mostly older people.
Almost everything they say is psychopathic. They are constantly quoting the Bible and shit, constantly bringing up Jesus Christ in every other post. They are more brain-washed than the Arab Muslims fanatics. I almost pity them if they weren't so annoying.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.