[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do binaural beats and isochronic tones really work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: binaural.jpg (70KB, 600x566px) Image search: [Google]
binaural.jpg
70KB, 600x566px
Do binaural beats and isochronic tones really work?
>>
Just look at the science behind it.

Binaural beats give you one frequency in one ear and another in the other. The point is to let your brain combine them to create a new frequency.

Like when a blue and a yellow pixel's colors combine in your brain to form the color green.

This is supposed to give your self a base from which to do work. By focusing on the "created" frequency, you can focus on how your brain works, which might lead to an altered state of consciousness.

Tldr yes and no. Google it yourself to find out more.
>>
>>18557744
If a sound relaxes you then why do you have to ask if it works? And if it doesn't why care?
>>
>>18557744
i think they do if you relax problem is how to relax
>>
>>18557744
Binaural beats work, unless your headphones are utter shit. I don't know about isochronic tones.
>>
>>18557744
Gates of Hades will fuck you up.
>>
>>18557744
they work to placebo you
>>
>>18557744
>isochronic tones
No. Listen instead to polyrhythmic music. A good album is Siouxsie and Budgie (The Creatures) Hai!, or some minimalist music like Steve Reich (Reich has an interesting interview where he talks about how some tape stuff inspired new techniques btw. He once listened to two identical tapes at the same time, but the motor on one tape deck was a little slower. As the tapes became desynchronized he felt a kind of flow from one ear to the other). Tribal drum type music is also good, that's all part of how they entered a trance state among other things. I enjoy Gamelan personally.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.