[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the concept of "Yin and Yang"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Are there really two energies?

Or just one?
>>
If you cannot grasp a concept of active and passive, darkness and light - your IQ might be less than 50
>>
You can understand this image through the I ching:

The I ching is basically the universe in a miniature, and its has 64 different states.

TerrenceMcKenna suggest that these 64 archetypes form the field of flux and the flow of time.

So there is basically one energy field constantly transformating thought many possibilities in conformation to these 64 different states which are necesarry in order to form this flux state.
>>
>>18556439

The illustration of yin yang actually depicts three forces.

>>18556444

Why can't we ever have nice things...
>>
>>18556444
>Cold is lack of heat
>Darkness is lack of light
>"herpaderpa u dun grass concepp rite"

I think it's you, who has the IQ lower than 50.
>>
>>18556446
Three? How?
>>
As I understand it, it shows how perceived duality is needed for any kind of perception in the first place.
>>
There is the presence of a thing, and the lack of a thing's presence.

Of course then there's the whole quantum bullshit...
>>
At the ground of being there are no things.

Things only start to exist once you perceive differences, and the image suggests that these differences all come from the same source.
>>
>>18556448

there are not only two forces struggling, but a third one that holds the first two together. The law of three.
>>
>>18556478
So the concept of Yin and Yang also ties into the concept of a Trinitarian God (Creator, Creation, Embodiment)... Interesting.
>>
>>18556478
Congratulations, you just turned Yin & Yang into a really shitty loveless marriage and the third force is the unwanted child.
>>
File: 1403209803714.jpg (25KB, 289x292px) Image search: [Google]
1403209803714.jpg
25KB, 289x292px
>>18556511
>>
maybe the females like to see men in the process of clothing
>>
>>18556439

Different aspects of the same thing.
>>
>>18556511
Sorry posted by accident, far fingers.
>>
>>18556445
That's pretty similar to my own perception of existence.

I posit that everything either has existed, exists, will exist, or some combination thereof. I'm not entirely sure how it would happen, but I have a few ideas which I kind of enjoy. Perhaps its similar to the many worlds interpretation in which multiple timelines split off due to quantum probabilities, leading to an infinite number of universes in that manner. Or, perhaps as our own singular universe goes through phases of "Big Bang"-"Expansion"-"Big Crunch"/"Expansion into complete emptiness or equality"-"Big Bang Again" and so on, each time forming a slightly different universe, until every possible universe has been formed. And maybe after every possible universe as such has formed, a new law (such as a 5th fundamental force) is added, allowing for X number more permutations, until every possible combination of laws/fundamental forces has been tried. Oooorrrr, and this is my favorite idea, everything ever exists as a single point, containing every single possible existence (even those we wouldn't conventionally consider possible), no matter how improbable or strange. So basically, there exists a universe out there, somewhere, where moot isn't a cuck and OP isn't a fag. There are a couple of other ideas I have relating to this concept, but I don't want to fill up the thread with them (unless someone would like for me to go into more depth), since this is slightly off-topic. However, within these ideas that I have, Yin and Yang, duality and so-forth, are exceedingly important.
>>
>>18556439
yes
to both
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 720x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 720x291px
Yeah as far as energy goes there's
>kinetic
>gravitational
>thermal
>electrical
>chemical
>strain potential
>light
>nuclear

Theres more but i forgot. Also mass is energy. Thanks einstein.
>>
>>18556439
There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side
There is Only the Force
I will do what I must to keep the balance
The balance is what keeps me together
There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
There is passion, Yet peace
Serenity, Yet emotion
Chaos, yet order
I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance
I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way
I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance
I am a guardian of balance
I am a Gray Jedi
>>
File: aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
>>18556445
l-like a 64 bit processor?
>>
>Yin, Yang, this world is stitched from a ballet of opposing forces

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/xavier-renegade-angel/pet-siouxicide/
>>
It's just suppose to be about balance.

You can't have fun all the time, you need to work also or you won't enjoy your time off.

Look at politics, extremists parties are usually bad.

You can't eat bad food all the time but only healthy food is tasteless and makes you sad. Eat a candy bar once in a while to reward you.

Men alone are useless as are women. Together they can create life.

You can find these opposing energies in a lot of stuff in life. They are all contained within the same concept which is why one can't exist without the other. You can't have sadness if you don't know happiness. It's not a very complicated idea really.
>>
>>18556448
1. Chaos driven by the many.
2. Control driven by the one.
3. The interaction of the two.
>>
>>18556439
it's both one, two and three forces. The ultimate force is just "balance" if that's what you mean?
>>
>>18557273

maybe like a quantumcomputer with 64 different bits.
>>
>>18557324
So basically the middle path in buddhism?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.