[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brachiochrone Stepping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (87KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87KB, 640x396px
Second-year Cycloid student here. Specializing in brachiochrone stepping. Normies call it 'time travel' thought it isn't as Hollywood as you may believe. Ask me anything.
>>
>>18554414
Has this field produced any tangible results?
>>
>>18554414
whats it like being so empty inside that youre only moment of warmth comes from anonymous strangers on the internet validating your role playing?
>>
>>18554414
Would you post this on /sci/?
>>
>>18554425
Feels pretty good I guess. I mean I really am a bouy-communicator for the Cycloid School, but sometimes a pretend to be a woman.
>>
>>18554431
No. I'm not even supposed to be using the Lyre to lurk 4chan, but I get bored during my watch so I switch it on and spoil tv shows for period in the past.
>>
>>18554453
this does not play my heartstrings
>>
>>18554490
We can only send messages to the past, we can't send physical things. Or if we can, they don't tell us.
>>
>>18554414
So describe to me the method you are using to transmute your messages back
>>
We use an orpheaic solonoid system to keep the lines open, but we can only send messages back as far as September 2nd, 1987. That's when the first buoy was ignited.
>>
>>18554564
Our interfaces are straightforward. You guys in 2017 would certainly recognize our keyboards. Students like me have very limited access to the Despair Lyre (it's huge and self-aware), but we are allowed to train on the buoys and recurves whenever we want as long as we log it.
>>
>>18554564
I'll entertain that idea, sounds plausable, so are you from this period or the future, if so any proof?

Regardless what exactly is it you research? If you can already transit through time
>>
Wew lad.
Looks like someone watched Vsauce.
>>
>>18554583
The organization is private. We work for whatever cause is deemed worthy of future information. Usually this goes to the highest none of us students know the details of how it's decided. Essentially we nudge things in certain directions.
>>
>>18554598
Interesting. So yous actively interfere with the past? That's playing a dangerous game, is it not?

Also any chance you could run me through the theory behind how these buoys interact outside of the flow of the universe. Wouldn't happen to act upon quantem entanglement would they? If so I suppose that takes the danger out of the picture and also why you'd be limited to information exchange and not able to project matter through time
>>
>>18554645
You are on the right track. There are limitations on what the Lyre can do. Sharing information is surprisingly fine. If someone follows a course of action suggested by our system, they will never know the timeline that was different. Besides, really big changes are only suggested after the concept goes through an entire committee of people.
>>
>>18554645
The buoys exist in normal space-time (in fact they are powered by good old fashioned electricity). The channels they open are base on a Penumbric grid, and we have a macmind that can map them, essentially letting us send an email or text to a specific time and date. We do mess up though, especially the first-years. If you ever get a Blocked call or a blizzard looking text there's a good chance we made a mistake.
>>
>>18554689
So what if one where to say, 'piggyback' off this grid? Is there systems in place to ensue this can't happen, or could I find a way?
Also what's life like in the future, any better than what you know of the past, any advancements made that pushed humans forward?
>>
>>18554754
Well I hate to disappoint but I'm sending these posts from a point not to far in your future. It's 21:54 on September 24, 2038.

It's not impossible for someone in 2017 to utilize the grid as long as they really knew their math. You don't have macminds yet though, or Pinsetter.
>>
What is your group's stance on sending messages back to yourself or your family's ancestors for personal gains via these "bouys?
>>
>>18554810
It varies. I know a student who sent his mother a 'congratulations' text on the day of his own birth, and he almost got kicked out of school. Again, it varies because we can hide behind anonyminity and the 'blanket of foolishness' (as one of our instructors calls it). Nobody really belives the messages are real.
>>
Do you know john titor?
>>
>>18554856
Yeah! He's in our proxy book. It's one of many identities we are supposed to use to hide behind disinformation. Many talkers use it, especially around 2018
>>
So these buoys are present somewhere now and receiving a constant supply of electricity? What if one of tyem gives out? Does that create a 'hole', or cut off everything before it?
>>
Are you behind all these Mandela effects
>>
>>18554874
Yes. In 2017 there are already 13 buoys in existence. It's neat, we can send back specs to our colleagues in the past to upgrade them as the technology improves in real-time.
>>
>>18554414
he must've just watched the vsauce video
>>
So what happened to all that john titor stuff about civil war and nuclear war and the capital is in nebraskaetc etc?
>>
>>18554908
We are encouraged to lie and embellish. It's far more important for the public to think that communication through time isn't real.
>>
Then why are you even communicating at all?o
>>
>>18554795
Interdesing

But I suppose you'd already know if I managed to and taken steps to avoid it if I wasn't ment to.
Uhh well.

Something I would really like to know though is are you still using relativity as a base for physics or have yous realised it's flaws?
>>
Tell us about the future of computers.

What are mobile phones like?
What are computers like?
Results of the Donald Trump presidency?
Currency is like...?
Inflation rates?
General political climate?
Art?
Is 4chan still around then, or does the company go away? I predict about 15-20 years of 4chan left.
Do people still do karaoke?
>>
>>18555118
AND HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT MY ZIP CODE!
>>
>>18555118
I guess the biggest difference with phones is the infrastructure. In your era I'm pretty sure you all still used signals from towers, and subscribed to services? Now it's all satellites.

We use all sort of computers at the school, from the past 40 years or so. Modern homes don't really have what you guys might think of as a computer. Our phones do almost everything and talk to every screen and any screen we want.
>>
>>18554414
ITT: OP watches a vfag video and pretends to be smart.
>>
>>18555222
Reason post get
>>
>>18555118
>Results of the Donald Trump presidency?
Uh, this is kind of a sad issue. Rough things happen regarding his son. He steps down.

>Currency is like...?
Not a lot different from what you would know, but I think you still use paper cash.

>Inflation rates?
There are two major financial events between 2017 and now. One is good, one is bad.

>General political climate?
I'm in Toronto, but I'm from New York. We have major concerns about some African and Asian groups, but things are pretty sweet in North America

>Art?
It's still pretty.

>Is 4chan still around then, or does the company go away? I predict about 15-20 years of 4chan left.

4chan as you know it is gone, but it evolved into a few impressive things. I'm posting to you through its descendant (sort of). It's a system called Grenades

>Do people still do karaoke?
Yes.
>>
>>18555222
I'm not sure what a vfag video is, but I'm certainly not smart. I got into this school because if decent communication skills, and through my father.
>>
Who wins the super bowl in 2017?
>>
Op confirmed NORMIE
>>
i think op is kill
>>
OP got fired for browsing 4chan at work
>>
>>18555339
Vsauce. Bald youtube science guy who dumbs shit down for normies like you.
>>
>>18555415
I'll admit he's entertaining.
>>
File: fibonacciistheanswer.jpg (358KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
fibonacciistheanswer.jpg
358KB, 894x894px
>>18554689
>The channels they open are base on a Penumbric grid
Can you show me a plot of said grid?
>>
>>18554689
>macmind

Faggots.
>>
>>18554837
>Nobody really belives the messages are real.

I see the American education system is doing well in the future.
>>
We on mars yet? What year does the first manned mission land? Is it a nasa or spacex mission, or some other one? What's the name of the first man to EVA on mars?
>>
The Despair Lyre sounds like a villain from a Bungie game
>>
>>18554414
>OP found vsauce
>and proceeded to misspell brachistochrone
>>
>>18555251
His son is sick isn't he?
Too tall at ten.
Sudden extreme head aches.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.