[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get sleep paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: _20161204_115030.jpg (167KB, 1072x1327px) Image search: [Google]
_20161204_115030.jpg
167KB, 1072x1327px
Can anyone tell me how to get sleep paralysis...i really wanna experience it..so if you can explain any Technic you know that would be great!
>>
I think you mean lucid dreaming or astral projection
>>
Go to sleep at your usual time. Wake up after 3-4 hours. Get out of bed and do something for 5-10 minutes. Get back in bed and sleep on your back. DONT MOVE any of your body parts, no matter how strong the urge to roll over, scratch maybe. And slowly you' get paralyzed... And then BOOM!
>>
>>18552757

over sleep. keeping sleeping through the next day. lay on your back.
>>
>>18552757
In my experience it's fucking painful being paralyzed. The more you struggle the more panic sets in while you try to wake up. It fucks with your sleeping schedule. Usually stress or movies that freak me out for whatever reason gives me night terrors. I wish I could pass them onto others like bitch anon below

>>18552824
>dumb ass shit poster pushing their cunty narrative.
>>
>>18552757
I tried to get sleep paralysis but theres a problem i always had something pushing my head open

every time i feel that sensation of everything relaxing and closing down everything shrivels back because that wants to keep pushing open something that is already open and for some reason my body is compelled to obey that

every time it ruins everything
>>
I always got it by just sleeping on my back and having a bad lucid dream
>>
>>18552757
Do a lot of mdma
>>
>>18553009
my problem prevents me from lucid dreaming too, every time i get that feeling everything wakes up

its beyond my control
>>
>>18553009
For me lucid dreaming is completely different, not even on the same plane. I'm dreaming and I can control everything like have cool superpowers and what not.

Sleep paralysis is when I can see that I'm still in my room but can't move. Vision distorts, breathing becomes erratic because I'm trying to wake up. Ect. Sometimes you're mind will create a shadow creature for further mind fuckery.

Astral projection is just like I'm almost asleep but get distracted by a nearby accident that I go check out.
>>
>>18553011
>>18552757

speaking of drugs, SSRIs is what did it for me.
It made me dream more vividly in general, and most days I was on the drug I would wake up in a pool of sweat. during the phase that my dose was still being established, I went on 200mg per day for a while, and that caused a few instances of sleep paralysis.
shit sucked though
>>
I started out having them without even trying but...

>>18552857

is the most common method. After I found out what they were and could control getting out of them, I discovered that sleeping on my back was a major factor.
>>
>>18552757
I think it's from demons latching onto you, so involve yourself in alot of sin
>>
Mike Pence is a reptile, exposed Inauguration Day Vice President reptilian shapeshifter exposed.

>>18553090
>>18553090
>>18553090
>>
>>18553106
Rude. I have angels so this can't be why fggt.
>>
>>18553072
This.
I've missed doses of an SNRI and had VERY vivid dreams, which I absolutely loved, even the horrifying ones. While I was weening off of (side)Effexor this started happening again, but Cymbalta sort of stopped it, and missing it isn't as bad as Effexor.
>>
>>18552966
Sleep paralisys is not le loli succubi triying to kawaii-rape you, the experience is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>18553507
Yep. In my most vivid experiences, they were...

>Old hag jumping on me and trying to tear me apart.

>A little girl whose face quickly began to decay while she laughed.

>A man in a long black coat and hat standing in the corner and staring me down.

They say it can lead to lucid dreaming, though I've never had any luck.
>>
>>18552757
It is simple.

When you are about to fall asleep, your muscles stop moving and your brain is about to shut off. That exact time be an autistic and try to send a message to your muscles to move.

BOOM YOU ARE PARALYZED!
>>
>>18552757
Take melatonin every night before bed. I used to do this and it would give me crazy dreams and night paralysis. I used the costco brand.
>>
File: Vocaloid.600.132683.jpg (95KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vocaloid.600.132683.jpg
95KB, 600x480px
Short naps in the early morning tend to work for me.
>>
You don't want to go through that shit trust me. It's all fun and games until you finally see it on top of you.
>>
>>18552966
Some guy on /k/ told me that holding your breath will smoothly pull you out of sleep paralysis.

I haven't experienced sleep paralysis since then to test it first hand.

To OP, I really don't recommend sleep paralysis. It's just not fun. It ranges from simply being tedious as you're stuck there half-awake and unable to move, to terrifying if you start hallucinating.

My worst experience
>Recently moved into new apartment.
>I wake up and am paralyzed facing the wall next to my bed.
>Somehow I just knew that the door between my bedroom and the living room was open, despite the fact that it was not within my field of view.
>Hear "not words" being mumbled by someone in the living room.
>Mumbling stops
>Get tackled
>Violently wake up with a heart rate of HOLY SHIT SON
>Door is closed like it should be
>I'm alone in the apartment
>Fuck sleep paralysis
>>
>>18552757
This is a bad idea trust me, I haven't even had a sleep paralysis experience, but I had this weird out of body experience where I was floating above my body and watched it experience the sleep paralysis, definitely not something you want.
>>
>>18555609
Idk how I learned about the breathing trick. Natural defensive mechanism? It did feel like torture trying to figure out how to wake up.
>>
>>18552757
I agree with these other guys. It's not fun. It's a thrill, but not in a fun way.

I think I am genetically pre-disposed to experience hypnagogia (sleep paralysis) more than the average person but it is usually induced by a consistently disrupted sleep pattern, often associated with frequent and recent alcohol consumption.

My experiences are pretty much what Wikipedia tells you - visual and audible hallucinations, as well as feeling things that aren't happening such as levitation. The most common hallucination for me is seeing shadows moving freely around the room.

I think the most commonly shared symptom with most people is the overwhelming irrational fear of an unknown threat. Like something sinister is coming to get you and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Your eyes are open but you can't will your body to move.

It's so terrifying that I feel like a helpless child and I actually cry, but I cry while being frozen in place, eyes wide open. It's really not fun at all.

Feel free to experiment if you can find a safe method that works, but you've been warned.
>>
Why is everyone still falling for this sleep paralysis meme? I get that the experience can be frightening, but c'mon. It's NOT paranormal. It's not.

If you're so curious, take some caffeine and maybe ginseng before bed, or just try sleeping while you're very stressed out. Try not to shit yourself over what is effectively a dream state.

Do your research... search terms: Hypnagogia, Sleep Paralysis, Exploding Head Syndrome... It's all quite normal when you do your reading.
>>
>>18552757
Do drugs and drink excessively to fuck up your serotonin/dopamine levels. Have fun.
>>
>>18555830
This anon is right.
I was just in another thread talking about Exploding Head Syndrome. I get that just as much, if not more than hypnagogia. It isn't a life-ruiner but it does suck too.

Nothing paranormal about these things though in my opinion (as convincing as it seems in the moment).
>>
>>18555841
It's considered supernatural due to the creatures that may end up in it. Cultures usually express this phenomenon with demons sitting on top of you so it is and always will be relevant until we get a cure. But we go over this in every thread each time.
>>
File: static.gif (1021KB, 971x546px) Image search: [Google]
static.gif
1021KB, 971x546px
>>18552757
White noise works for me. Search for videos of it on YouTube, listen to an AM radio station that's just static, the drone of a portable fan.

White noise can be just the right measurement of calm and anxiety to trigger sleep paralysis.
>>
sleep paralysis was horrifying for me. i was still very much asleep, but it felt like i was awake and i couldn't move at all. it felt like all of my body was stuck, and i so badly wanted to move my head because this thing was looking straight at me, in the face. this black mass. the scariest part about it all was that i was watching something, and could see it fully well and it was still going and i could SEE the video progress and when i woke up from my paralysis it was right where it was while i was sleeping. like it was as if i was never asleep. but i woke up. but then how did i see what was on screen? that was my first time watching that.
>>
File: 1480782148761.jpg (140KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1480782148761.jpg
140KB, 640x427px
>>18552757
You will never have them if your star is not high.
They are the gateway to W.I.L.D.
Your soul must be at a certain state, before this no tricks or gimmicks will get you there.
But do you really want a high star?
The beasts of the other planes love to torment such.
You must have the pure light inside you to fight them.
>>
I get sleep paralysis pretty often. At least I think I do, as I'm not sure if it is sleep paralysis. Basically, when I wake up and try to fall asleep again, I start hearing sounds. Usually I hear blood rushing through my ears really loudly or someone breathing. Or some kind of high pitched noise along with trippy blinking fractals. I can't move myself either, but I haven't really seen anything or anyone scary. And I always know when it's happening and I can always calm myself down and wake myself up.

I've recently found that I get "paralysed" if I try to control my dream. Like I know that I am dreaming and when I try to change something, the paralysis sets in.
>>
>>18552757
Not fun. Used to happen a lot to me when I was 12. I had this crazy teacher who gave us tons of assignments, projects and 2 book reports every week. Only got 2-4 hours of sleep per day because muh grades. I've hated sleeping in my back every since.

I cover my ears before I sleep now too. Instances of someone whispering on my ear was fucking creepy. I could even feel their breath.
>>
>>18555609
What I did was to just relax no matter how scary it was I was seeing. Works every time.
>>
Eat a whole bucket of KFC before going to sleep, or maybe not a whole bucket but a lot depending on how big you are, enough to trigger your bodily functions while you're sleeping but not enough to make your consciouss mind wake like vomit inducing amount.

Just do it, it works like 90% of the time. You need to sleep in less than an hour after eating.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.