[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Weirdest experiences you've had with dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Howdy /x/, about a few weeks ago I posted a thread about seeing weird places without ever actually having been there. The topic eventually touched on the prospect of using lucid dreaming to explore these places in some sort of dream state. This mention reminded me of an experience I once had when I was in pursuit of achieving lucidity in my sleep. I’d like to hear opinions about it and if none, then at least see if any other anons have strange tales to tell; I’m very fond of the stories and experiences here on /x/.

>Be me.
>Taking place from February to August in the year 2013.
>Everyone in school hates/mocks me.
>Don’t blame them, I brought it upon myself.
>Was a bit of an autist and antisocial.
>Absolutely no friends at the time; just followed a particular group around so I wasn’t alone.
>Family was plagued with conflict and there was a lot of death and betrayal.
>This was the year I was beginning to plunge into a depression that would continue to burden me to this day.
>Life became stressful; I hated everyone around me and I became a constant disappointment to my parents.
>Begin to dread the prospect of waking up to brave another day.
>Parents did not believe in my plight.
>They claim I’m just calling out for attention or trying to get sympathy to avoid working hard.
>Feel utterly alone and resort to escapism.
>Drown out the world with videogames, shows, books, internet, etc.
>One day stumble upon a forum about Lucid Dreaming.
>Become excited with the idea of turning my dreams into a sandbox.
>Began to develop unhealthy sleeping habits in my pursuit of lucidity.
>Never succeed; dreams become extremely vivid and easier to recall nonetheless.
>In one particular dream, a girl stands out among the other characters and introduces herself to me.
>I can’t explain it, but something was unnatural about the way she just willed herself into my dream.
>It was as if everything else halted and my attention was instantly drawn to her.
>(Cont.)
>>
>She never gave me a name.
>From this point forward, she’d be in almost every single dream down to even a simple nap.
>She was able to recall every single dream she experienced with me, often reminiscing about our silly or exciting adventures.
>She was also able to understand and gain insight to the occurrences of my life in the real world.
>She was very friendly and caring and became a beacon of acceptance and warmth in an otherwise dark and confusing time.
>Begin nearing the end of the summer.
>By now, she knows almost everything about me and we’ve gotten close.
>I begin to develop feelings for her, but it was never gonna work out for obvious reasons.
>She acknowledges my feelings and accepts them, but we never acted on it.
>By now, I have become infatuated with her.
>My sleeping habits were in complete disarray.
>Family is concerned for my health, as I was practically sleeping my life away.
>I would do it willingly just to escape and be with her.
>As the summer came to a conclusion, I had one final dream of her.
>In the dream, I was looking to her in some kind of clockwork themed train station.
>She was among a group of people she seemed to know, given the way she was interacting with them.
>She looks at me with a hint of sadness, yet smiling nonetheless.
>She tells me she has to go, but that she appreciates the time we spent together and that I ought to take better care of myself; that I’m better than I give myself credit for.
>She kisses me on the cheek and I wake up the next morning, feeling the sensation of the kiss linger for a while.
>After her departure, I had been unable to dream for months.
>In hindsight, she probably left because she realized that she was doing more harm than good.
>At least, that’s what I think.
>Move on and learn to cope (somewhat) with my depression and switch schools with a clean slate.
>>
Probably the strangest thing I’ve encountered in my life so far. I never figured out who or what she was. Sometimes I think it was a manifestation of my subconscious given image and personality. Other times I wonder if I had accidentally made a Tulpa (as I had no knowledge of them at the time). Close friends that are privy to the situation think that perhaps she was a guardian angel or a muse. One of them is convinced that she was a demon that wanted to leech off my moment of confusion and vulnerability. I felt she was too kind hearted and caring, but then again, every rose has its thorn. What do you guys think?
>>
shameless bump
>>
I know this sounds like a kids story but :

>read Harry Potter 3 (i think) in bed
>beginning with a dream sequence of Potter where he sees some shady figure sitting on a sofa in front of his fireplace (kamin in german)
>fall asleep while reading it (not even kidding just like the movies kek) and see this dream

>years later movie comes out
>its just the way I dreamed it

sorry i'm no native englisch speaker
>>
File: 519711436.jpg (76KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
519711436.jpg
76KB, 509x339px
>>18551724
>>After her departure, I had been unable to dream for months.
See your story is based on fiction. It is a good read nonetheless. Every time the brain hits REM it will wonder off into a dream state, all humans dream everyday and most do not even remember it, MRI brain scans and recorded eye movements during sleep verify it.

Having the same dream every night is near impossible without mastering lucid dreaming.

Either you're trying to relate to the major demographic of /x/ here or you are describing traits of your real life. You are a loser along with many other regulars here. A real life loser. Nothing wrong with that. Just accept it. Delusion and fantasy is a temporary hope of escape but it only makes the underlying problem worse.
If you truly wanted to go back to your dream and meet your Tulpa and be with it forever, just man up and kill yourself. Make it a quick and painless one. Don't be selfish and thoughtless, save up and leave $500 bucks for the cremation cost upon your death.
>>
>>18551720
it is very rare for me to dream, sometimes I pass months without dreaming and it feels like I can count with a single hand all the dreams I've ever had
so, does /x/ have any tips for someone who wants to dream? it can even be nightmares, I just want to dream.
>>
>>18553071
Freud trick was heavy german food.

The more calories the better, just before sleeping.
>>
>>18553049
Perhaps I exaggerate (certainly wasn't more than two) but it could just be that I had a hard time recalling. You're free to remain skeptical though.
>>
>>18553080
Will try
>>
I had a dream a couple of weeks ago about this snake biting my right foot. The pain was so realistic and agonizing that I woke up with the pain still there ,and had to wait almost a minute until it went away. I checked my foot to see if there were any holes or bite marks. There was nothing. I looked up the meaning for this type of dream. That made it worst for me.
>>
>>18553071
Any type of sleep aid lights me up with whacky dreams and lucidity
>>
>>18555019
what's the meaning friendo?

I don't want to look it up
>>
I went looking for Kek. Asked my spirit guide to help and she was reluctant about it but after insisting took me to a giant braggart of a Toad in a lakefront cavern perched next to rows of Pepe-faced shadowmen typing furiously into laptops. It laughed and hopped around but burned his hand when my angel got protective as he tried to grab me into his maw. Had the audacity to fake some crocodile tears as though he were the victim before getting back to orchestrating the pepe-men and pretending to ignore me.

I left that astral expanse (yes I was lucid to remember it) pretty befuddled and decided to just go the rest of the way to sleep and not visit again.
>>
>>18555047
>>18555054
"Dreaming of being bitten by a snake is one of the most common and striking snake dreams. While the dreamer is likely to wake up scared or confused about the meaning of such a dream, a general interpretation considers snake bite imagery in dreams as a precious warning or wake up call regarding your waking life."

You are going to die.
>>
>>18555061
You fool, kek intended to induce you into the inner circle and you let some pesky angel fuck that up for you? Pathetic.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170122-211101.jpg (448KB, 1422x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170122-211101.jpg
448KB, 1422x1209px
>>18555054
The last sentence is the one that hits me the most. I get a bad gut feeling whenever I read the last sentence. As if it's true for me.
>>
>>18555068
Figured.
>>
You say pathetic, I say cautious.
>>
I often dream that I am living a pretty average and reasonable scenario that is somehow slightly warped in some way. Like it will be my regular life expect there will be someone present who simply couldn't be. What's worse, I often have dreams WITHIN my dreams. Last night I had a dream which took place over the course of a week, and when I awoke I was so disorientated, for me a week had passed but it was a mere 5 hours.
>>
>>18555414
I've experienced a couple of those. Do yours contain passed away family members,and other loved ones?
>>
>>18551720
When I was little I would be able to teleport to a different timeline in my dreams.
I could go into detail if anyone's interested and/or is still even here.
>>
I had this dream a while back, I remember it very well because I was obsessed with meeting extraterrestrial beings, that night I stayed up late trying to (telepathically) communicate with them, asking them to teach me their ways or give me proof of their existence, this is what I dreamed:

>Hanging out with some friends I haven't seen in quite a while
>Not enjoying myself so I head back home
>Everything is very dark on the way back
>Find some money on the ground, but I don't care
>Make it back eventually
>Smell of burnt plastic invades nostrils
This is where I shat bricks, this is the first and only time I have ever smelled in a dream, I remember it perfectly.
>Immediately realize something's going on
>Check nearest window
>Three massive orange glowing pyramids hovering above
>Start feeling weird
>Turn to look at my hands
>I'm melting

Woke up drenched in sweat and fucking terrified.
>>
I had a recurring nightmare in Myer
>>
I learned not to build houses at the base of cliffs from dreams,

the guys castle I was visiting was telling me how much it sucks from all the rocks and tree branches he had to watch out for.
>>
Well i kinda had a weird experience before going to sleep 3 days ago .

Usually i try to go into a kinda meditative state before sleeping it helps me sleep better "i think" but that day something really weird happened out of nowhere i felt kinda hot in my torso it was really weird like a hot tingling in my chest then it started to spread to all my body and i felt like a little poncture on top of my head and i started to see a lot of images the sea , a tiger i was petting him a lot of words written in rainbow colors and then i felt like someone touched me in the forehead it was like when someone caress you with the back of his hand or a little breeze i really don't know how to explain it XD .

So yeah if someone knows wtf was that share it with me and thanks .
"I posted this earlier on a thread about astral got no answer about it so trying my luck here "
>>
>>18556636
DMT is fun isn't it
>>
>>18556713
I don't do drugs dude
>>
I don't know if this quite fits the context of this thread but I'm going to share anyway because it's the most powerful dream that I've ever had.

I was amidst a tropical paradise. I was wading in water, it was bright blue and incredibly warm on my skin. I looked up to see several giant rock spires jutting from the water, they were covered in bright green plant life. Somehow I knew the structures were man-made, but I didn't understand their purpose. They appeared as if they were built in ancient times. Parts of the structures were crumbling and falling into the water below. I was physically alone, but I felt the presence of a motherly female that made me feel safe and loved. I spoke to her about the natural beauty of our surroundings. I started to feel a profound happiness, and a feeling of relief, like nothing else mattered. I started to tear up and I cried as I spoke to the woman about how I felt. I have never felt this way before, not even in real life. I felt like I had reached a sublime state, like Nirvana. I waded in the warm waters for a short time and then awoke from my dream. I sat on the edge of my bed and cried in relief. It was the best thing that I've ever felt. Pic related is scenery very similar to what I saw in my dream.
>>
>>18556636
>i really don't know how to explain it XD
>XD

You don't belong here, get the fuck out and don't come back.
>>
>>18557044
Why so edgy ? i always put " XD " when i can't really convey something it's just kind of a tick i have but i get u think it's kinda retarted and you lash out but i'm pretty sure i have the right to write how ever i want XD <<< this one just to piss you off
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.