[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4th dimentional alchemy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (8KB, 406x306px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
8KB, 406x306px
Is it possible to transmute something 3-dimentional with a 4-dimentional product? I wanna make a "pocket dimension" by having a box and a ramp tilted on the W axis.
Can kinetic energy even move on the 4th-D or is it a strictly 3D energy? Would it mutilate me if I went into the box? I wanna store a computer in this box too, so is there anything I should know about electricity moving on the W?
>>
>>18548161
Explain. You just claimed we are in a 0D world, my mind fails to understand that.
>>
>>18548142
I don't think you fully grasp what dimensions are or how they work. The 4th dimension is time, which is always progressing at a constant rate relative the first 3, all 4 of which affected by the presence of mass. To make a "pocket dimension" like you describe would entail having access to a small scale universe with an entirely different set of similar dimensions. You'd have to create a worm hole, which would require massive amounts of energy which we are no where near able to produce.
>Can kinetic energy even move on the 4th-D or is it a stricly 3D energy?
You also don't even know what "energy" really is, either. The movement of energy through 3D IS 4D. If there were no 4th D, the energy in 3D would be completely static, and everything would be frozen in place forever.

tl;dr, open up a fucking physics book.
>>
>>18548180
Not op. You have no idea what youre talking about. 4D has nothing to do with time. 4d is a fourth coordinate. Its just realy hard for 3d creatures to understand the concept of there being a 4th coordinate.
>>
>>18548180
Well that leaves to question if time is spacial. I still wanna try it. Maybe the box being bound to something would bring a still temporal image with it. Maybe you could get a 0 kelvin kinda thing.
>>18548187
Well I imagine it like this. If a dot and another on the same 1D line are equal distance from each other, so is a 3rd dot 60 degrees to the side, and a 4th dot in a 3rd dimension is equal distance from the first 3, 60 degrees from the first 3. This pattern makes sense that it just keeps going from there, a 5th dot in the 4th dimension is equal distance from the first 4, 60 degree tilt, so on so forth.
>>
>>18548187
Yeah, actually, I do, because I bother to do a modicum of reading before spouting off nonsense. The fourth coordinate is time, but can be represented mathematically the same as the other 3 dimensions, but only on paper, i.e., theoretically. When it comes to applicable function, it is as I said. Time is the measure of movement and energy of the first 3 dimensions.
>>18548206
Yes, time is spatial, in that it is directly correlated with the first 3 dimensions in the same way the first 3 are with each other. The entirety of the 4 dimensions is called "spacetime", which is uniform in a similar way that electricity and magnetism are foundationally the same and referred to as "electromagnetism". Affecting space affects time as well, hence the time dilation from being closer or further from a high mass object; that mass bends the space AND time around it.
>I still wanna try it
You still need more energy than what you could possibly produce to create a wormhole to an entirely separate reality, or at the very least,be able to create and compress and create new space.

C'mon guys, I like the paranormal as much as the next /x/phile, but this complete lack of understanding of things we already know is just ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-dimensional_space
Time as represented as a space in geometry (mathematical representations are just that, by the way: representations"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minkowski_space
More reading on it's practical applications and current understanding.

Educate yourselves a bit. Humans in general have learned a lot more about space, time, and dimensions that laymen give credit for. Just because you don't personally understand something, doesn't mean it works in the way you want it to. That's like thinking you're a Sith Lord and can use force lightning because you don't understand static discharge.
>>
>>18548264
Huh, interesting. How much energy exactly are we talking about? Is there any natural occurrence that produces a significant percentage of that?
>>
>>18548264
Also, is there any good archive site you'd recommend for /x/? There's a lot of threads I wish I could have got a saved link of. I feel this thread will be one of those.
>>
>>18548276
A lot, MASSIVE amounts. The amount of energy that would be required to make, say, a warp drive (which is still a far cry of making a straight up warp hole) would require at about 700kg of mass-energy and the use of exotic matter. (energy equivalent of smashing 350kg each of matter and anti-matter together to get 100% energy transference, btw). That's just to warp spacetime, orders of magnitude more would be required to actually tear it open.

You MIGHT get that naturally if, say, two super massive black holes got close enough together, tearing the space between them from their combined forces. Maybe.
>>
>>18548287
I don't normally bother with archives, but I'm sure there's a few from googling.
>>
>>18548295
Huh, so I suppose that's long after my lifetime. I suppose if I want any chance at witnessing it happen I better start helping with research on immortality.
>>18548301
The one's I've seen were either closed, outdated, or virus ridden.
>>
>>18548187
You are a moron.

Read a fucking physics book.
>>
>>18548309
What specific chapter would one look for, anon?
>>
>>18548308
>I better start helping with research on immortality
Now there's an idea. personally, I want my brain frozen. I hear there is a place in Michigan for cryonic freezing, maintenance costs of about $100 a year. So a standard 10k life insurance policy can cover 100 years. I plan to upgrade my policy at some point as well for more.
>>
>>18548142
I feel this is a trap, but if I give some useful information I claim it my intellectual property, and by reading you acknowledge that this information can not be used in practice other than under my own strick guidance and observation.

Since there only seems to be one anon that is close to grasping time, and dimensions. Dimensions are a set of measuring devices conceived to map out reality, so they are not physical aspects but mere interpretations of them, a language to explain the universe relitivly on a single plane, i.e a map.
Now knowing that what you truly mean by pocket dimession is a pocket outside if space, or even a pocket to a different place in space. So for this we need to understand space a little and what we are referig to as a pocket. Firstly space is a perfect fluid, one the is the same on both a micro and macro level, meaning its technically unobservable. But I digress now your viewing space as a liquid, what's a pocket in term of liquids, a hot or cold portion that is held in place by the difference in potential between the source of the pocket and the pocket itself. This can be observed by getting a cup of of water putting a dye in it and half a cul of cold water with a different coloured dye and slowly pour the hot into the cold.
Now with small scale understandings all you need to do is apply that logic.
So how do you cause a difference in the medium of space powerful enough and self sustaining so that the difference will keep it locked in its 'pocket'
> cont
>>
>>18548434
>cont
Well first you need understand the emense energy already present in any mass with sufficient velocity and subsequently all things that reside in the many fields of resistance present around that mass. We measure electricity, the most common and misunderstood energy in modern society as difference in potential, with our 0 being the earths total charge, which comes from its movement around the sun, around the galaxy around the cluster around the quadrant around the universe, our planet is traveling at speeds that would not even make sense, but you must remember that all bodies of mass are subsequently present in another so we can only measure our velocity relative to those around us.
So now know of the immense force we are a part of you have to understand that just as any other liquid you can direct the flow of space, electromagnetic radiation manipulation, and I won't go into that because I shouldn't or a really bored troll but who cares about the complicated stuff anyway. Through achieving a polarisation of space you then create a flow on effect of polarisation charging the eaths atmosphere somewhat as an exhangen of electrons happens, then you must create a divice to earth this collected charge and place your load between, now this gives you access to the energy required let's talk making one first we want to make a low level field generator, think of an altenator, but not for producing electricity from mechanical motion, but instead running off a massive charge to produce a weak field capable of exciting the atmosphere around it, now this is were I am making shit up or flat our lieing you choose which one because with this step it could be created to easy you must completely suspend you device in a field, so the it is not touching a thing other than atmosphere, create a relitivly sized stepdown cuircut for your decice have it dump in negitivly charge fresh water also have a relitivly sized step up cuircut to bring things back to your dimension.
>>
>>18548435
And bam you have the most expensive way to hord shit in the univirse
>>
>>18548308
4plebs seems to keep up with /x/ fairly well.
>>
>>18548142
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilaton
>>
>>18548435
....What are you
>>
>>18548638
Just a mechanic.
All energy transfers the same be it mechanical, electrical, thermal what ever once you understand that all you have to do is change the medium it flows through. The universe is pretty simple when your not trying to break down every pixel into its own picture
>>
>>18548142
Can you imagine folding up 2d shit?
>>
>>18548173
We are nothingness pretending to have mass.
>>
>>18548180
get a load of dunnin-kruger over here. kek
>>
>>18548316
http://www.farmingdale.edu/faculty/peter-nolan/pdf/relativity/Ch02Rel.pdf

Chapter 2.
>>
>>18548309
>I don't need to imagine a 4th spatial dimension because bill nye and le black science man say the fourth dimension is time
>>
>>18549183
Yeah, Bill & Tyrone really lost their edge lately. I used to admire them but now they barely do their own research, and have became the kinda people who look at the conclusion of an article and pretend like they understand it. It's like they read a science textbook then forget to fact check it's sources.
>>
>>18548173
he said we live in a dimensionless, not a 0D world. the zero dimension is qualifies as a dimension.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.