[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any proof if paranormal actually existing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

Not being a dick or not trolling, I just don't know how people believe that monsters, ghosts, and magic exists. Have you guys found ANY proof whatsoever?
>>
>>18546330

Do not seek proof.

Seek experiences of which you know no average person will believe.

Then we'll talk.
>>
>>18546341
Explain?
>>
>>18546350

Sure!

You have a learning disability and a severe problem with reading comprehension.

...explained
>>
>>18546350
Edgy faggot with an edgy response.

It exists if you believe in it but don't seek it out. Reality is thin, man. Exerting an influence of subconscious belief makes shit happen. Magic is effectively exerting will upon reality to give you something you need and turn your mind to believe.

All these things lend to a mystery and that desire for something unknown and mysterious rubs at those seams on reality and make things come.

All of it is just a form of magic.
>>
>>18546365
Christ you guys are thin skinned, I am asking a genuine question. So wait if you think reality is thin, why hasn't it been recorded or reliably seen by people?
>>
>>18546365
this
>>
>>18546372
Mix of things. People tend to keep experiences to themselves out of stigma, if you've got cameras on in certain places there's a mental intent to catch something or there is and its just mixed with a healthy dose of people who phone it in and dilute information and public perception.

Most of us have experienced something weird in life and let it go. Probably more likely when we were under the age of 10. Its an experience of a clear mind and spirit, in a way.
>>
Check this out

http://www.alienvideo.net/0805/alien-abduction-mutilation.php
>>
>>18546372

Personal experience is the only thing that will ever convince you, anon friend. Tune in; in every drop, the ocean.
>>
>>18546382
And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wh0OsVtdeE
>>
>>18546379
So you don't have some kind of go to account or video that you point to when you start to doubt

>>18546384
The thing about personal experience is we are so unreliable in memory it's hard to well I guess take myself seriosuly
>>
>>18546389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLR3KaATUM
>>
>>18546392
Nah. I keep an open mind and acknowledge possibility.

We understand things by a human standard and define them in the same standard. I can say that I understand things as a human but we keep discovering shit about our consciousness or recording strange phenomena that indicate we don't know much about how we all connect.

There's a lot there.
>>
>>18546330

Let me see if I can dumb it down as far as it can possibly go.

1. Magick is anything that produces willful results. Therefore, magick is all efficacious willful activity. This means that even mundane things are magick.

2. Supernatural magick is just the art of exerting your will in unusual places to produce unanticipated, seemingly "acausal" results. For example, say you have complex dreams every night, and then you start making connections between the content of the dreams and the events of the subsequent day. These connections start out as after the fact and arbitrary. However, by programming them into your mind, eventually you start having dreams which you are able to use to guide you throughout the day, because you can anticipate their significance. What mechanism does this happen through? Who cares, it works.

"supernatural" magick is just a practice of seeking out every nook and cranny of the human subjective experience and finding a way to derive utility from it. Usually this involves turning your attention to it, organizing it into something structurally manageable, and then exerting your will on it. When you do this, a great deal of things that just seemed like meaningless subjective experiences will become more real than the "real world" you currently live in. A magician is basically just a lunatic who can actually do what he believes he can. And this is still substantively similar to lunacy, because it involves dwelling in the subjective in a very similar way.
>>
>>18546392
There's nothing wrong with doubt, but doubt my take you in an unexpected direction. If you seek proof you should go look for it in the form of experiences. Simply because this is something we have not yet been able to explain scientifically. But things have been observed, and if you want objectively documented accounts, well, it's awfully convenient that this board is full of the newly declassified CIA documents, isn't it? Just go and take a look.
>>
>>18546403
Okay I think I understand this yes, but could do without the snarky remarks haha. What would you say if these connections in the complex dreams are just finding meaning in nothing, how we've been programmed to act?

>>18546410
Recently "secret files" haven't been exactly reliable by people just saying them, you know hahaha. But do you know reliable CIA files and could you point me in their direction?
>>
>>18546414

>>18546414

Almost the entire human experience is the finding of meaning in nothing. It doesn't seem to hold most people back at all.
>>
>>18546410
Yeah the rudeness is completely unnecessary and this board is rife with it, sorry about that.
>>
Its sort of a switch that is triggered at some point in a person's life. An idea or realization takes the person down a route directly to understanding spirituality. This doesnt happen to everyone, but in this new age that might change.
>>
>>18546414
>Recently "secret files" haven't been exactly reliable by people just saying them, you know hahaha. But do you know reliable CIA files and could you point me in their direction?
If you look at the individual threads they all have links to CIA's website. I'd say go look for project Stargate, (and you can if you want to, here's the link: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/collection/stargate ) but there are too many documents to go through, most of which will tell you nothing of substance. That's why I told you to look at the threads.
>>
>>18546443
Oh wow. Now I know how i'll be spending my weekend.
>>
>>18546443
this may be a dumb question but does 314 have any paranormal significance?
>>
>>18546330

There isn't any proof that paranormal activity of any sort exists. The belief in the paranormal is something that in ancient times stemmed from the simple minds needing to make sense out of phenomena, but currently is about belonging to a social group and/or finding a sense of fulfillment through the illusion of being special. This is the reason why when asked for proof, the advocates of the paranormal will often claim that proof is not enough to contain the ecstatic greatness of the phenomena, and that therefore the only way to be convinced is to experience it yourself; this is a mechanism of coping, in their minds they're saying: "You can not have proof, because you need to be special if you want to experience the phenomena. I am special, that's why I have experienced it." And this is a very powerful illusion because it's just so comforting. Other people who also lack a critical mind will flock to such individuals wishing to attain special-status too, and in that sense the belief in the paranormal is a social thing. Just like in religion, it isn't actually about believing in magical stuff, the people know deep down that magic isn't real and that they've been nursing their experiences in order to convince themselves that they were paranormal; the actual attractive thing about believing in the paranormal is the social component of being special and belonging to a special group.

This also serves as a shield, because they can find other people who are more successful by any given metric, but they still have their special-status (which is something that conveniently can't be measured) to provide a feeling of having the higher ground (e.g. "Oh you are rich? I have something better, I can see the future, you wish you could and therefore I'm better that you. I'm not failing at life"). The key is that people wanting to fall into this illusion can achieve it easily, they just have to want to believe, but it isn't real.
>>
>>18546485
Not to me, but I'm not as far down the rabbit hole as other people on here.
>>
>>18546330
Not being a dick, but I just don't know how anyone can believe op isn't a faggot. I mean have any of you guys found any proof what so ever
>>
>>18546392
Can't trust yourself, yet you are will to trust someone you've never met. That my friend is even more delusional than believeing the unbelievable
>>
>>18546503
You don't know me at all friend
>>
>>18546513
I dony need to, if you can't trust your own experience then you should not trust others experience because they are on a video
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.