[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Psycho.jpg (214KB, 884x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Psycho.jpg
214KB, 884x1402px
As title says... anyone who has read this book?
>>
>>18546247
It's really more of a digital pamphlet.
The content seems solid enough, but I'm no expert on chaos magic.
>>
>>18546247
like many other resources is entry level.
there is no book that can include nor sinthesize the knowledge about magick or occultism in general.
Even chaos magick has multiple point of view, this is only one, read it and take account about the principles and the meaning of exercises, seek for many more books and compare it, be critical, tat´s not the ultimate truth, if it were it wouldn´t be that easy to read.
>>
>>18546247

Basically magick for dummies. You might as well get started here, if you have a frame of reference for it.
>>
>>18546247
its ok its more of a magic for millennials manual

the pictures look nice
>>
>>18546247

The art and down to earth approach towards the reader is a refreshing change of pace from the usual tendency for anything regarding magic to be tl;dr in the extreme. It's a fine introduction, but there are many many more books that should be read after if you grasp the concepts it covers, and are still onboard with putting on your robe and wizard hat. There are vital practices and exercises that are lightly covered or skipped over completely, though I believe that's for sake of brevity, rather than malicious intent.
>>
>>18546328
OP here, after this introductory book, which ones should I go for? Any advice?
>>
>>18546267
>Even chaos magick has multiple point of view
Duh, in chaos magick literally every practitioner is supposed to create his own methods and believes. The point itself that you are making, however, is correct.
>>
>>18546321
?
>>
>>18546348

Depends a bit on the route you want to go, but I'm just gonna assume "Chaos Magic" since it's what the book covers. I've laid them out in what I feel to be the most appropriate order, but change as needed if it gets to be too dry, definitely leave Prime Chaos and Liber Kaos for last though, since they're the biggies that may just confuse the tits off you if you're not ready for them.

>Prometheus Rising - Rob Wilson
>Psychic Self Defense (Wisdom's sake)- Dion Fortune
>The Psychic Bible (Wisdom's sake) - Jane Struthers
>Low Magick (Wisdom's sake) - Lon Milo
>Book of Lies (Wisdom's sake) - Uncle Al
>Secret Teachings of All Ages (Wisdom's sake) - Manly Hall
>Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom - Rachel Pollack
>The Tarot of Awakening - Amy Wall
>Liber Null - Pete Carroll
>Visual Magick - Jan Fries
>Condensed Chaos - Phil Hine
>Chaotopia - Dave Lee
>Liber Kaos - Pete Carroll
>Prime Chaos - Phil Hine
>>
>>18546386
Thank you, and yes, I'm gonna start my studies on Chaos magic
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 640x519px
do wizards get pussy?
>>
>>18546247
Great read. Probably single best intro to the esoteric for the modern man. It shows you structure and logic, introduced you to several methods and ideologies while doing it in a fun, down-to-earth way.

Nothing but good things to say about that little book.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.